Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin (21708 Views)

LAUTECH Suspends Certificate Of Graduate Who Claimed A Lecturer Victimised Him / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin by VanuatuWycombe: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2021
joyandfaith:
Ippis is a case of migrating from one fraud system to another. Fraud in ippis is centralised and it can easily be checked centrally. Fraud in former system is decentralised and dons are benefitting from it.
If ASUU has supported ippis right from beginning, there wouldn't be this crisis.
You spoke my mind. Lots of them are not used to paying proper taxes and deductions in the old system. So they are shocked seeing that their net pay is far lower than what it used to be. They should go and ask people in organized private sectors to know how much taxes and deductions they pay every month.

I have families and friends who turned down lecturing job because they were told that instead of N1,700 that is being deducted in the old system, new system would be deducting N28,000 from their gross salaries of N120k per month. All of them turned down the offer and went back to their private school teaching jobs.

Nigerians love free things. We want government to carry all our burdens. We steal from governments and still want that same government to perform well.

No be this generation again.
Re: IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin by sabreal: 11:52am On Oct 20, 2021
You are coming back ti.same thing.

Minimum wage is a policy.

We are talking about monthly computation. Even for minimum wage, it can increase or reduce. Based on the dynamics of computation, minimum 30k can increase to 50k while while somebody earning 600k monthly can reduce to 10k depending circumstances.

There some matters to come to play during payroll computations apart from basic/minimum pay. Such things overtime, other allowance as advised, loan disbursement, loan deductions etc.

Don't mind them. They just playing politics with figures. Figures should be based on facts, not on newspaper or social media sentiments and emotions.

OlujobaSamuel:

But the minimum wage is ₦30000, so I want to assume no lecturer or staff on the payment system should earn less than that, so how come someone or some data affected the system output to be less than that at ₦6000?
It's just like entering an incomplete account number, you can't get any valid response irrespective of how much you try.
Re: IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin by Sheggy13(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
ThankUJesus:
Oga go do your IPPS and drop your ego.
Is reading too difficult for you? Someone is complaining that IPPIS underpaid him and you're here saying he should drop his ego and join IPPIS. If he hasn't joined, then how come he is being paid by same IPPIS, albeit being underpaid?
Re: IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin by Frenzy01(m): 6:40am On Oct 21, 2021
I don't believe the part that says Unilorin graduates are being victimized cos their Alma mata isn't part of ASUU tho

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin by Rosement(f): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
Guys, this information is true, lecturers are underpaid in Federal Universities. My mum was working at a Federal University before she transfered to a State University years back. My mum's friends that are still working at federal universities are complaining bitterly. Why is Nigeria government not considerate? How do they expect lecturers to feed their families especially the male ones?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates / Ozibo Ekele Graduates With First Class In History From University Of Ibadan / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.