Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life (303 Views)

Harrysong: "Stay Off Social Media When You Want To Find A True Partner" / Davido Reveals Why Chioma Has Been Off Social Media / Social Media Saved My Life - Josh2funny Shares Story (2) (3) (4)

How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2021
CULTURE October 18, 2021

Selena Gomez says distancing herself from social media 'really saved my life'

By Andrea Dresdale

Selena Gomez is opening up about how her hands-off approach to social media has ultimately "saved my life."

Speaking with Women's Wear Daily, the 29-year-old revealed, "I do all of my posts through texting my assistant and the caption that I want."

Gomez doesn't have Instagram, Facebook or Twitter downloaded on her phone, a revelation she made back in 2019 that she has stuck to ever since.

"That's a huge, significant part of why I feel like I've been as healthy as I have been," the singer told the outlet. "I'm completely unaware of, actually, what's going on in pop culture, and that makes me really happy. And maybe that doesn't make everybody else happy, but for me, it's really saved my life."

"To be honest, I was just, like, 'This is too much information. This is too much of my personal life spread out everywhere,' and it just felt uncontrollable," Gomez said. "I felt like my thoughts and everything I was consuming revolved around a million different other people in the world saying good things and bad things."

The "Only Murders in the Building" actress said she realized she wasn't getting anything out of social media and decided to ditch it.

As she prepares to enter a new decade of life next year, Gomez says not being obsessed with people's comments has served her well.

"It feels good to finally not care as much as I did," she said. "I think of how many years I wasted just caring so much about what people thought, and it was just suffocating. And I think I wasted time doing that. What I love so far about getting older is that I'm starting to just really be happy with who I am, know what I want and know what I don't want."

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/selena-gomez-distancing-social-media-saved-life-80640524
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by mariovito(m): 7:07am On Oct 20, 2021
R
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by TeeGentle(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2021
this woman try o
why some people cannot do without social media for an hour expecially the girls
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Apus: 7:12am On Oct 20, 2021
My type of person. It's been over 2yrs I used Facebook and Instagram. Only use WhatsApp for sending messages to family and few friends. Nairaland na my playground. No life drama.
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by bewla(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2021
What are we talking about
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2021
TeeGentle:
this woman try o
why some people cannot do without social media for an hour especially the girls

Yeah, she tried.
In my opinion, social media addiction is as bad as gambling/ masturbation/ smoking addictions.
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2021
bewla:
What are we talking about

We are taking about organizing and moderating our use of social media, so as not to have negative impact in our life generally, especially our physical and psychological health.
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2021
Apus:
My type of person. It's been over 2yrs I used Facebook and Instagram. Only use WhatsApp for sending messages to family and few friends. Nairaland na my playground. No life drama.

You will experience some peace. One less problem, at east.
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by bewla(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Mashgash:

We are taking about organizing and moderating our use of social media, so as not to have negative impact in our life generally, especially our physical and psychological health.
Ok naija no get paparazzi now

Let her steal or buy no remember to pay then she go no power of media

U don't have to hide to be safe ukwa
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Apus: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2021
Mashgash:

You will experience some peace. One less problem, at east.

Ah, so much peace!
Not now where everybody wants to know your business, where you are and what you're up to even when they got no good intentions for you.
Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2021
bewla:
Ok naija no get paparazzi now
Let her steal or buy no remember to pay then she go no power of media
U don't have to hide to be safe ukwa
You're right.

Re: How Staying Off Social Media Saved A Woman's Life by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2021
Apus:

Ah, so much peace!
Not now where everybody wants to know your business, where you are and what you're up to even when they got no good intentions for you.

That's true.

Watch How Shatta Bundle Was Granted Bail Option After 6 Days Prison / I Have No Idea What You Are Talking About – BBN Boma Debunks Beefing With Angel / Cross Gets Arrested In South Africa