Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects (8542 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / FG May Borrow Loans From China, Turkey, Portugal To Complete Railway Projects / Railway Projects: Cost Comparison Between Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by TheRareGem1(f): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2021
The Federal Government has budgeted the sum of N71.6bn for new railway projects across the country.

This is contained in the highlight of the 2022 budget of the Ministry of Transportation.

The projects as contained in the 2022 budget presented recently by President Muhammadu Buhari include the installation of acoustic sensing security surveillance system for the Abuja-Kaduna rail; completion of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail track and structures and rehabilitation of Itakpe Ajaokuta rail line and permanent way (track works) in Agbor facility yard.

The two standard gauge rail lines are currently optional in Nigeria providing passenger and haulage services for the people of the axis.

These projects are independent of the railway projects for which concessionary loans are being sourced from various channels especially the China Exim Bank which funded the Abuja-Kaduna and the recently launched Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge railway.

Other projects include the design, manufacture, supply and installation of rolling stock, supply of spare parts and maintenance equipment for the ongoing rail modernization project, signal and telecoms system installation on Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail line, land acquisition for the Federal Ministry of Transport headquarters expansion and completion of feasibility studies and other railway related projects.

Daily Trust reports that most of the projects formed part of the railway modernization initiative of the Federal Government which has prompted the construction of standard gauge railways across the country.

https://dailytrust.com/fg-earmarks-n71-6bn-for-railway-projects

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2021
Interesting, acoustic sensing security surveillance for a rail track.

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Aidejay(m): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2021
Nice one. Seeing is believing tho.
Until I see with my two eyes and touch and enter and feel it.
All this earmarking, allocation, disbursement, budgeting, they are just big and useless words to me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by MarveworldG: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2021
Railway project is really important to our government

6 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by manuelkel(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2021
Another money looting strategy.

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by WibusJaga: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2021

Let me know when una commission am, no be to earmark abi mark ear.

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Joefat: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2021
Nigeria
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Lattop(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2021
Na to start the project na d koko no be earmarked,
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Obakoolex(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2021
I just wonder why federal government cannot channel all this energy to power and watch the economy rise up immediately.
Even individual economy go rise, as fueling is killing so many business

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by revived: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Sulamalia
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by PecE2Make: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2021
Not a single one will be sighted in South South Niger Delta. Amechi you are a disgrace. Come and become president let me see.
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by tmtech: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2021
Also to connect Niger ABI..

And any solid plans to maintain and recover the money ?

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Aether(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2021
okay
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2021
If only will stop playing politics with everything..no be today that they have been budgeting huge amount of money for railways in this country undecided
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Sharon6(f): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2021
This will actually be a very good development if the money will be channelled into the railway projects as stated and not shared in Ghana must go bags as usual.. PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2021
It seems rail lines are forbidden in the SE..

7 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by SRAROFDAVID: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2021
But why are they not building railway in the old eastern region
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Obakoolex:
I just wonder why federal government cannot channel all this energy to power and watch the economy rise up immediately.
Power which is very important won't favour the North like Railway
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Mack5ive: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2021
Obakoolex:
I quite agree with you if only the kind of revolution we are witnessing in the railway sector is being replicated in the power sector believe you me our economy will not be this bad as it is today, for me that is the greatest failure of the Buhari administration they are not getting their priorities right, the first thing any serious administration that wants to make any serious impact in the lives of it's people is to get the power sector fixed i mean if we can stabilise our power sector in this country then every other thing( economically) will fall into place

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by mapet: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2021
rabankonchas:
Interesting, acoustic sensing security surveillance for a rail track.

You think Acoustic sensing and security surveillance are not relevant to Rail track? You know this by what exposure (not to talk of experience) if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by mapet: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2021
PecE2Make:
Not a single one will be sighted in South South Niger Delta. Amechi you are a disgrace. Come and become president let me see.

It says Warri-Itakpe Rail line...
Is Warri in the South-North?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Feggie3: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Is it only railway that is the problem of this country?
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by bigdammyj: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
Noted
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by miky(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
This Government has done wonders with Railroads!

Never in Nigeria history have people taken rail like this

2 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 20, 2021
and again, the south east is left in the shadows
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by wunmi590(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2021

Awon oni yeye, no be only earmarks, nah david mark

Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by EmekaBlue(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2021
And ₦104 billion for generator

I don't get it. Which one suppose cost pass

Scamming thieves
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by ProudImolite: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Lollittaa:
and again, the south east is left in the shadows
Let them keep up, railway that will end in somebody pocket
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by OG1BABY(f): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Okay
Re: FG Earmarks ₦71.6 Billion For Railway Projects by PupsyDD(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2021
The funny thing is that Railway staffs are the most poorly paid federal government workers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Hold Rivers Presidential Campaign Rally On December 22 / Frontiers For Democracy Calls For Support For Switch To Parliamentary System / Popular Broadcaster Steve Kadiri Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.