Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. (385 Views)

America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War / Iran Will Never Have A Nuclear Weapon, Trump Tweets / Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by MangekyoAlt: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
You can read the earlier report here ; https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16448512/china-hypersonic-arms-race-russia-north-korea/

Beijing(CNN)China has denied a report that it tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August, saying on Monday that the test was instead a "routine spacecraft experiment."

The Financial Times reported Sunday that "China tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August that circled the globe before speeding towards its target, demonstrating an advanced space capability that caught US intelligence by surprise." The report cited unnamed sources "briefed on the intelligence."

When asked about the report at a regular press briefing Monday, China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Zhao Lijian said the August test was "a spacecraft, not a missile."

"This test was a routine spacecraft experiment to verify the reusable technology of spacecraft, which is of great significance for reducing the cost of spacecraft use. It can provide a convenient and cheap way for humans to use space peacefully. Many companies in the world have carried out similar experiments," Zhao said.

He said that "what separated from the spacecraft before returning was the supporting equipment of the spacecraft, which was burned and disintegrated in the process of falling into the atmosphere and landed on the high seas."

"China will work together with other countries in the world to benefit mankind in the peaceful use of space,"
he said.

Responding to the FT's report, Mike Gallagher, a Republican member of the US House Armed Services Committee, said the alleged hypersonic missile test should "serve as a call to action."

Gallagher said America could "lose the new Cold War with Communist China within the decade" if the Biden administration sticks to its "current complacent course."

The US is engaged in a race with China and Russia to develop hypersonic weapons at a time of increased global tensions.

Hypersonic missiles are designed to travel at a such a high speed that they can fly great distances and move quickly through heavily defended airspace to attack targets such as harbors, airfields and other installations before they can be successfully shot down.

Russia and China are both developing hypersonic weapons programs and Russia claims to have successfully tested a missile. The US is focusing on conventional hypersonic weapons that are based on ships, land and air platforms.

China first tested a hypersonic missile in 2014 and Russia in 2016.

China's hypersonic glide vehicle, known as DF-ZF, has been tested at least nine times since 2014, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/10/18/china/china-hypersonic-missile-spacecraft-intl/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMDXB87ETC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMRRtNXCbA

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by MangekyoAlt: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
These chinkos are denying what was captured by the US intelligence live and direct. They are even worse than liar Mohammed.
I will say the US should do something about these people now that it isn't late. They weren't joking when they said they would catch up with the US and possibly surpass them in a few years.
With the way they are adding these high caliber weapons to their arsenal, even russia would begin to show concern.

Which one be a missile that circulate the globe in hypersonic speed before going to hit its target? Chinese, I fear una o

1 Like

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by Righteousness2(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
The Red Dragon has taken technological advancements from the Sleeping giants and the Sleeping Giant cannot understand how.

The Reason is not Far fetched! While the Sleeping Giant is busy propagating Abominations and Demonic Vices, the Red Dragon who does not even know GOD are abolishing such evil acts.

I have said it over and over and I say it again! Forget about what you see on CNN and on Media, Babylon the Great is Headed for Destruction and out of Relevance.
Babylon the Great is Gone!

1 Like

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by gawu1: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
These chinkos are denying what was captured by the US intelligence live and direct. They are even worse than liar Mohammed.
I will say the US should do something about these people now that it isn't late. They weren't joking when they said they would catch up with the US and possibly surpass them in a few years.
With the way they are adding these high caliber weapons to their arsenal, even russia would begin to show concern.

Which one be a missile that circulate the globe in hypersonic speed before going to hit its target? Chinese, I fear una o
There is nothing those progenies of uncle Tom can do about China's arsenal progress and development more than the usual 'I see you I see you' rhetorics. They have been trying to, but they have always failed to stop China.
Very soon, instead of going antagonistic against China, US will do everything to befriend China so that they can continue with their bullying behavior with lesser challenge.
Didn't you see recently how they tried to trick Russia (which is another force of balancing power) into becoming a member of NATO?

3 Likes

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by MangekyoAlt: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
gawu1:

There is nothing those progenies of uncle Tom can do about China's arsenal progress and development more than the usual 'I see you I see you' rhetorics. They have been trying to, but they have always failed to stop China.
Very soon, instead of going antagonistic against China, US will do everything to befriend China so that they can continue with their bullying behavior with lesser challenge.
Didn't you see recently how they tried to trick Russia (which is another force of balancing power) into becoming a member of NATO?
The reality now is China would surpass them sooner or later, They have to do something now while they still can, I mean anything that can slow down China.
They said that newly tested hypersonic nuclear missile really caught some of the US elites by surprise. The thing fear them no small.

Meanwhile, US begged Russia to join NATO but they refused to, declining the offer immediately it was made. Obviously the US is already losing her balance.

While other countries in Nato are powerful, they aren't as powerful as Russia. Having a powerful nation as Russia in Nato, it would help them continue their bullying without any cause for alarm.
Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by lordm(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hmm, let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by Damisic: 3:29am On Oct 21, 2021
Am waiting for the dumb people saying "Amerika has have this in possession since 1209"

The most stupid people ever liveth grin grin

1 Like

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by seunny4lif(m): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2021
grin grin
I swear
America that just successfully tested the missiles after failing for over 5 years while Russia already built and adding more to it.
I was shocked to find out that South Korea def missiles were Russia built both latest ones and the old ones due to fact the USA Missiles def have failed massive in the Middle East.
Russia/South Korea also built the South Navy missiles and are testing more.

When it’s come to Rocket then no other country is the best apart from Russia

Damisic:
Am waiting for the dumb people saying "Amerika has have this in possession since 1209"

The most stupid people ever liveth grin grin

1 Like

Re: China Denies Testing A Nuclear-capable Hypersonic Missile. by timesup234: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
The communist party of China will rule the world and Americans will be made slaves. Africans will go to America and capture those white vampires and take them to Africa to work like slaves.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Russia-ukraine: The North Korean Leader, Dangerously Watching! / President Putin's Warning On 'no World Cup Without Russia' Fake / Internet Service Cut Off From Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.