Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here (1549 Views)

Dimensity 9000 Vs Tensor G2 - Infinix Vs Google / Newer Gcam Might Stop Working On Devices Without Tensor Chip / Tensor Soc In Google Pixel 6 Approaches Snapdragon 888 And Exynos 2100 Perfomanc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2021
seunfly:
@emae009, Meksbig, Studymore123, atheistandproud and Co

I wish I can elaborates more about this data issue but it is complex and time consuming but what I will just say is that there are much more data than what we can see from search engine, data privacy has Geopolitical implication, international rivalry, potential threat in case of hackers like socialarks scandal or Tmobile scandal.

To a lay man like us, it may be inconsequential but at the highest level it is very vital. The possibility that your girlfriend will hack Amazon server is nearly zero but what if she hacked and realized you went on a date with another girl yesterday night that u claimed u were in a business meeting.

This data issues is like medical field about 200 years ago when it was not a big deal to use human being for medical experiments but to day it is criminal offense, however we wouldn't have achieved so much in medical field today without those barbaric practice 200 years ago.

Very good points you have raised.

My fear is that if AI is a self learning entity or entities. It may become too exponentially intelligent and a dangerous tool in the hands of those who may seek to program humanity.

For every groundbreaking human invention ever made, people have been trying to weaponize it.

For every cooking fire ever used, millions more have been used to burn down cities.

For every ox cart made, more chariots of war were made.

The Chinese have AI cameras that can recognize you as soon as you step out of your house and can track you around the city.

This is the sort of big brother like AI surveillance that Orwell warned about in the book 1984.

I'm looking at the end game here. May not happen in our lifetime sha.

Without Google's algorithm, I certainly wouldn't enjoy my online experience on YouTube or their search engine or on Facebook or Amazon or even AliExpress for that matter. But at what cost?
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by Osasnidas(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2021
Honestly... I am happy reading and learning something new from all the comments and opinions here...

Speaking of using DuckDuckGo, i didn't quite enjoy using it because like someone stated here.. the experience wasn't what i wanted, i had to switch back to chrome. Though there is the issue of privacy, but i rely on Google services on my everyday tasks so it will be pretty backward for me to not use their services.

1 Like

Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
Osasnidas:
Honestly... I am happy reading and learning something new from all the comments and opinions here...

Speaking of using DuckDuckGo, i didn't quite enjoy using it because like someone stated here.. the experience wasn't what i wanted, i had to switch back to chrome. Though there is the issue of privacy, but i rely on Google services on my everyday tasks so it will be pretty backward for me to not use their services.

The thread sweet me too
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by emae009(m): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
seunfly:

I wish I can elaborates more about this data issue but it is complex and time consuming but what I will just say is that there are much more data than what we can see from search engine, data privacy has Geopolitical implication, international rivalry, potential threat in case of hackers like socialarks scandal or Tmobile scandal.

To a lay man like us, it may be inconsequential but at the highest level it is very vital. The possibility that your girlfriend will hack Amazon server is nearly zero but what if she hacked and realized you went on a date with another girl yesterday night that u claimed u were in a business meeting.

This data issues is like medical field about 200 years ago when it was not a big deal to use human being for medical experiments but to day it is criminal offense, however we wouldn't have achieved so much in medical field today without those barbaric practice 200 years ago.

I've always maintain the stand that data collection and privacy is a gray area and not a white or black scenario. Those that are worried about what their data is used for are right and so are others that are oh!kay with the improvement made by tech using those data.
Neither side of the divide is wrong
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by emae009(m): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
atheistandproud:

Very good points you have raised.

My fear is that if AI is a self learning entity or entities. It may become too exponentially intelligent and a dangerous tool in the hands of those who may seek to program humanity.

For every groundbreaking human invention ever made, people have been trying to weaponize it.

For every cooking fire ever used, millions more have been used to burn down cities.

For every ox cart made, more chariots of war were made.

The Chinese have AI cameras that can recognize you as soon as you step out of your house and can track you around the city.

This is the sort of big brother like AI surveillance that Orwell warned about in the book 1984.

I'm looking at the end game here. May not happen in our lifetime sha.

Without Google's algorithm, I certainly wouldn't enjoy my online experience on YouTube or their search engine or on Facebook or Amazon or even AliExpress for that matter. But at what cost?

it's not a matter of if, it is a self learning and evolving entity that uses algorithm to make logical conclusion excluding the emotions and empathy that humans use to make rational decisions.
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
You will never find an Alfa mail or redpiller in this type of thread.
They are too busy scrutinizing toto mileages or discussing about women they supposedly hate.

Tueh!
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
seunfly:

I get your point about this "data", "AI", and “privacy” issues. These are relative terms and can be complex and exhausting subjects. It spurns social/political debates. I understand the power behind data. But the question is what are the options? When I make a Google search I want relevant information, overtime the system is able to predict my "lifestyle" and the same applies for other companies with data about you. Raw data can be processed to get predictions about consumer behavior for future campaigns. The misuse of such systems can be scary but interesting we're giving out our data on a daily basis wittingly and unwittingly. As was rightly pointed out, technology is a two edge sword and that also applies to the kitchen knife you have at home. More and more data will be mined and one of the best options we have is educating the public. When people are informed they understand the pros and cons of the system. The human mind is vastly superior.
Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by Realboygenius(m): 1:00am On Oct 23, 2021
My expectation of the Google Tensor SOC is quite high I heard it came with improved surrounding sound feature. I can't wait to lay my hands on one and test with my Oraimo Freepod 3 earbuds. I believe it's going to make a lot of sense.

Re: Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here by seunfly: 5:06am On Oct 23, 2021
Studymore123:

I get your point about this "data", "AI", and “privacy” issues. These are relative terms and can be complex and exhausting subjects. It spurns social/political debates. I understand the power behind data. But the question is what are the options? When I make a Google search I want relevant information, overtime the system is able to predict my "lifestyle" and the same applies for other companies with data about you. Raw data can be processed to get predictions about consumer behavior for future campaigns. The misuse of such systems can be scary but interesting we're giving out our data on a daily basis wittingly and unwittingly. As was rightly pointed out, technology is a two edge sword and that also applies to the kitchen knife you have at home. More and more data will be mined and one of the best options we have is educating the public. When people are informed they understand the pros and cons of the system. The human mind is vastly superior.

You are right, that is why I use the medical field as example, data collection is a necessary evil today but as time goes on guys needs to find alternative means to satisfy us which is why I'm eager to see how google wants to execute their plans.

I know chips are not powerful enough to process all those data on our phone, never the less I want to see how the baby step google is taking with tensor will come out.

I think we are going into Era of custom chips, probably share information etc just like medical field because every up coming apps may not have the privilege this guys has today, they will just copy machine that has been taught something and tuned it to sooth their purpose with fine tuning along the line.
5 to 10 years is going to be interesting in this field, may God spare our life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei Nova 9 / Mobile Phone Locator. Enjoy! / Mtn Free Browsing Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.