Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 (14985 Views)

FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Nigeria At 34th / FIFA Ranking: Belgium Remain Top, Italy & Denmark Climb As WCQ Make Their Mark / Super Falcons Move Up In Latest FIFA World Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:17am On Oct 21, 2021
When are we ever going to be among the first 10 in the world? embarassed embarassed
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by UTILITYMAY(m): 10:19am On Oct 21, 2021
What criteria is used to place Belgium on top?
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Theunbothered: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nigeria 36th in the world & 5th in Africa.
Wonder if ever we will get to our highest ever ranking of 5th in the world. Feat achieved after USA'94 exploits.

Fifa rankings are meaningless nonsense
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by success1smyn(m): 10:20am On Oct 21, 2021
Cashsteady:
How England keep making top position suprise me... If you have watched Germany and Spain you will know this countries plays better than England.. England were just fortunate to beat germany in the euros.. Germany played their life... Too me I think England is just an overrated country not only football almost everything they are overrated
Do you even know what you're saying, if they were just fortunate to beat Germany then they should be fortunate to be above them in the ranking (by your analysis), you said England are not good but only overrated yet they reach world cup semis and Euros final, brother where your Germany and Spain reach for those 2 tournaments?

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by FullBlastLight: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2021
Coldie:
The top 20 countries are not in Africa, why?

Cause na person way don chop dae go play ball

Senegal is 20 nah!

Chekam wella!
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by success1smyn(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2021
foleskay:
I wonder why Belgium keeps retaining d top position despite losing to France at d nation league semi final..and also to italy at euro quarters final.
I rate spain and france higher than Belgium. Dem don drop form undecided
Belgium are a top top team, and about losing to France etc recently, it will take time to reflect and that's why they didn't gain any points. You can check how they assign the points to get better understanding.
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by FullBlastLight: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2021
gistray:
USA 13? How?

Honestly, I wonder pass u sef!

We're talking football oo, not other sports or games!

USA dt has neva had any significant impact in football in any tournament, be it domestic or foreign! Haba!

We know even see Liberia 4 d ranking!

E be like say, their footballing prowess don droop kpatakpta!

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Athemisia: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2021
Wetin Mexico dey play when them take pass Germany for ranking??

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Goonerman: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2021
I don't understand this mixture.
obembet:
Still wonder What keeps Belgium is ever in top there really, but if their domestic top league even unpopular and they win what for the country. This really one strange thing that can't change but why

mynd44
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Tunibitoye(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2021
[color=#000000][/color] FIFA gotta be kidding me � how can Belgium be the 1st on the ranking for over 4yrs without nothing to showoff �

There are things that aren't clear to us FIFA should coman explain pls

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Athemisia: 10:41am On Oct 21, 2021
Coldie:
The top 20 countries are not in Africa, why?

Cause na person way don chop dae go play ball
Eyes dey pain you ni?? No be Senegal you dey see for nō 20
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Athemisia: 10:43am On Oct 21, 2021
Kingcalls:
U no see am..Next thing messi fans go tell us say copa is next to world cup... top 20 , only 3 South American teams.... messi suppose don win that copa at least 3to 4 times if he was as good as they claim... look at tournament that his fans are using to tell us he deserves balon dor tournament wey naa only Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Colombiano even reach Switzerland wey never see semi final for their Euros history... Argentina will not pass round of 16 in Euros
Iran and Chile de drag position grin grin... Chile wey be like South American spain

If France, Italy or Germany enter copa, them go turn am to wetin bayern de do for grin grin bundesliga
You are wicked grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by ransomed: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2021
Infantino visited Nigeria recently ,hence the upward movement. He has taken INEC software on how to manipulate results. Nigeria? Who dash monkey banana.
Super vulture claiming to be eagles.
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Otunski: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2021
Rubbish ranking. Why should Belgium remain at the top of the log is what I can't fathom. Belgium that failed to reach finals in all competitions for the last 5 years is still topping, no be juju be that?
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by havenz(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2021
Please oo My Nigeria can not go back to 36, Nigeria at 61, make una no carry our age go back because of football.
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by boxypane(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2021
They ranked us according to number of States. grin

3 Likes

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by AkaraAndBread: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
WibusJaga:

Wonder if ever we will get to our highest ever ranking of 5th in the world. Feat achieved after USA'94 exploits.

Presently, no African team can get a top 5 ranking in the nearest future... unless it wins the World Cup.

The Super Eagles of WC94 were great but in reality they weren't actually the "Fifth Best Team In The World".

The number 5 ranking by the Super Eagles is a feat that will always be difficult to surpass because of the way the FIFA ranking system was then; 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points if a team loses in FIFA sanctioned matches.

A simplistic scoring system, but flawed in the sense that teams are of different strengths hence wins/losses cannot be accurately correlated.

The modern scoring system takes care of these factors by introducing coefficients into the scoring system.

From December '92 (when the scoring system began) till September '94 (about the time we got to 5th) Westerhof's Super Eagles were red hot on the African continent and also had a decent win:loss ratio at the World Cup (2:2).

Their only loss was against Ivory Coast in April '93). They had 8 wins and 2 draws within that period at the AFCON '94 and during the WCQ '94.

8 wins, 2 draws and a single loss. Few teams in the World could boast of such a winning streak in their various federations. This performance was followed up by a good WC94 outing (2:2).

The losses in pre-World Cup friendlies (0-2 to Romania, 1-3 to Sweden) weren't FIFA sanctioned matches so they did not count.

And that is the story behind why Super Eagles became the 5th best team in the World and also the reason why no other African team may ever reach that height.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by femi4: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
WibusJaga:

Until you stop losing to CAR and MADAGASCAR

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by femi4: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
Otunski:
Rubbish ranking. Why should Belgium remain at the top of the log is what I can't fathom. Belgium that failed to reach finals in all competitions for the last 5 years is still topping, no be juju be that?
It's about the no of games won not final reached
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by femi4: 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
MASTERMIND04:
When are we ever going to be among the first 10 in the world? embarassed embarassed
Start winning against teams above you

2. Stop losing to teams below you

3. You lose more points if no 2 keep happening to you
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
Dear Nairalander. Please take your time to read this post, I beg you in the name of God.

This is a sincere appeal from the depth of my heart Please do not ignore. People bring their problems online and they get solution. My knees are on ground as I'm typing this. Please Am begging you to help me buy pain relieve, antibiotics and bone healing drugs to safe my life I beg in the name of God, its been 4 months that I have been going through this pain. I had a motor accident 4 months ago in which my left leg got broken in three places. I am in serious pains right now, mummies and daddies in the house I am pleading from the depth of my heart, please have mercy on me. I know things are hard but from the little you have please help me, i have been facing difficulties for some time now. I pray as you extend a hand to me may God bless you in abundance, keep you safe, healthy and successful. Amen. 31 736 895 37 - First Bank. Otukomaya Tunde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ15Hvmwpk
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by MASTERMIND04(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
femi4:
Start winning against teams above you

2. Stop losing to teams below you

3. You lose more points if no 2 keep happening to you
Okay o.
God help us
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by accountantben: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
So called Belgium that is maintaining first position is just there without any accomplishment. I don't know why FIfa keep recognising them as number one, cos when it matters most they will disappoint you. Just imagine how they lost to France in Euro Nations league semi finally.
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by equitorial1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
WibusJaga:

No more possible
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Tenrytega: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
How does it sound like to make money from these betting sites like bet9ja, nairabet and the likes without placing a bet or even owning a bet shop. Yes you heard me right

Connect with us lets get you started����.

+2349049659166
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Hope15: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
No be 36 states dey Nigeria?
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by AkaraAndBread: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
femi4:
It's about the no of games won not final reached

The number of games won as well as the quality of the opposition.
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by AkaraAndBread: 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
MrOdds:
Dear Nairalander. Please take your time to read this post, I beg you in the name of God.

This is a sincere appeal from the depth of my heart Please do not ignore. People bring their problems online and they get solution. My knees are on ground as I'm typing this. Please Am begging you to help me buy pain relieve, antibiotics and bone healing drugs to safe my life I beg in the name of God, its been 4 months that I have been going through this pain. I had a motor accident 4 months ago in which my left leg got broken in three places. I am in serious pains right now, mummies and daddies in the house I am pleading from the depth of my heart, please have mercy on me. I know things are hard but from the little you have please help me, i have been facing difficulties for some time now. I pray as you extend a hand to me may God bless you in abundance, keep you safe, healthy and successful. Amen. 31 736 895 37 - First Bank. Otukomaya Tunde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ15Hvmwpk

I am sorry. I was moved when I watched that. I really wish that I could be of assistance but even my family and I are in dire straits ourselves.

Silver and gold I have not but I will share this prayer with you.

As the sun rises tomorrow so shall it usher in a new vista in your life such that all old things will pass away. Your helper shall locate you and a new beginning shall be your portion. Amen.

Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by Xbs1: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Oh
Re: FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Italy Move Up To 4, Nigeria At 36 by dcole73: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
slex:
Abeg how is USA always in this top 20

I guess the ranking is for football alone.
Most likely, all sports are considered.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Wales Consider Changing Name Of National Teams To Cymru After Qatar W/cup / Bet9ja Must Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.