Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. (25985 Views)

MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by MAMABBQGRRLS: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:
I just want to share this painful and bitter scenario to job seekers out there.

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

Salary is about 150k for a start.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

My boss concluded that she was an untidy and scatty fellow.

And that was all.

Please take note of this and try not to make this mistake.

God grant you your desired jobs.

Fokk you and Fokk your boss
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by MrOON: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
Everyone is forming adviser and interviewer and forgetting that's an interview and only one person is needed.... THE BEST. there's no room for runner up

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by gly(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
BiggyB242:

She might have been an asset to the company, that you wouldn't know. Sometimes you guys should stop looking at it from the angle that you are doing job seeker a favour. She might be the missing piece to target the company to the level level.

Job seekers know your worth don't let employers push you around.

Well done!!!
I wish every job seek understood this your salient points.
Too much of anything to the extreme is bad!!! This is what companies (some) keep displaying in their acclaimed recruitment process, no wonder they keep calling for advert weeks after weeks.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2021
You and your boss are mad. It's not an excuse, not all bosses are heartless.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by kaywhy09(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2021
That's why all of una tidy people are working there.

She'll eventually gets a job with those that values intellects.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by EmekaBlue(m): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Elonmuzk:
It seems like being a boss in Nigeria is next to being a mini-god.
because there are graduates everywhere and no enough jobs so they feel ontop
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Bellerophon: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
There is a causal connection between attitude, behavior or character which are very distinct concepts but thankfully can be used interchangeably and certain skills, talent and actions such that a person’s character or attitude is decipherable or examinable through such actions, talent or skill without the participant or subject of the observation being physically present even with only a disjointed or perfunctory knowledge of the subject! Just like people tend to assume personality from appearance sartorially and physically! Phrases like the way you dressing the way you are addressed are axioms and indubitable is also is an ability for ingenuity and tidiness in motor skills such as writing especially in official correspondence! A sheet of paper was provided her and to every man a business offering 150k as start up should be able to afford a roomful of paper! Her ingenuity and ability to innovate should have motivated her to require an extra paper especially when we will all agree that frequent ink smudges occurring intermittently in a piece of official correspondence is unprofessional and infantile, it almost belies a developmental problem psychology as adult faculties are meant to elevate the standard for tidiness in basic activities beyond the capacity of children and the stage of their psychological development! How can she be trusted in very tasking situations to exercise discernment and discretion judiciously to the advantage of the firm of employed and when and where necessary! Hiring is cumbersome not because employers are out for technical skills or expertise and academic qualifications alone, it is Herculean process because there is the human factor to consider when you are not hiring robots! People excel at things different and the firm needed more than a lopsided staff, she was brilliant but unintelligent! Two things we erroneously lump together most times
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by gly(m): 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
Evii:

All these small companies with small take home that doesn't take employees home, why is it that your recruitment process is too rigorous and stressful...small employers pls wise up

Kudos!
They have reduced Nigeria Graduate to peanut!!!
The way OP mentioned 150k, it is as if it was1.5Million.
Rubbish!!!
Nigeria Graduate, Please know your worth

6 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by dododawa1: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
upthechels1960:
Can I get a job in Nigeria without NYSC certificate? I want to abandon NYSC
lol
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Kylekent59: 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:
I just want to share this painful and bitter scenario with job seekers out there.

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interviews and only one appeared.

The salarylary is about 150k for a start.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interviews but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

And that was all.

I am very sure you cooked up this story, but if it was true, then your boss needs to work on his intelligence.

No one is perfect. I believe if your boss went for a meeting and was told to jot down important notes. He would make some cancellations.

That was abysmal of him. I pray the innocent lady gets better pay elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by farmboyy: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss na mumu.

adubam:

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

And that was all.

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
The BOSS was jealous and envious of the fact that the LADY was too highly intelligent grin grin grin grin grin

That was why he made sure she lost the lucrative opportunity.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by ikenna44: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Make that boss squeeze that paper enter him nyash!!!

A sensible boss would have concluded that she's saving paper...she's saving cost for the coy and she's saving the environment as well!

Employers can be really petty!

adubam:

And that was all.

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gadafii:
op, please can u show your boss this thread and the comments, cos i wan tell that ur boss say he dey craze

You get another job for OP?

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by dododawa1: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss don't know in this present day Nigeria,no INTELLIGENT person work on salary again BUT FRUAD.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Wegood: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by SAMAJ: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your company really has problem with its recruitment process.
Nigerians are not that bad, how can 400 persons apply for a job and only three were elected to attend interview and out of the three invited, only one turned up. You still condemned the only one for something that should not be an issue.

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by SilvanusII(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
All these lowkey misogynistic posts to continue the tradition of women conforming to mens' ideals. Did u ask her to sweep the office to show herself as properly trained and neat?
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by micflo28(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
From another angu, what if she request for another paper and you all tag her as “wasteful”. Employers lose best hands because of irrational decisions. If that is the only problem your boss noticed from her, she can be taught and corrected otherwise. Please OP, make your boss see reasons why he needs to reconsider his decision and return the lady to the job. Her ideas could save the company from collapsing someday.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Qatar2022: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Exodora:
That is not an excuse, back in school days one of my lecturer will prefer that you make mistakes than giving her everything straight as if you copied it some where .
As long as the cancellation is neatly done else I don't see why that should be a problem.
Instead of you guys to take corrections you're here talking about your school days, school and job application is not the same, we should learn from where others failed from instead of blaming people involved
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by FILEBE(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

HR should stop playing GOD!. All these are unnecessary. If you think she deserves the Job, give her and stop looking for mistakes and things that doesn't matter. Damn. It is just annoying hw these HR come up with lots of excuses why they wouldn't give job . After giving you he job sef, all they interview you for would never matter again

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Mavor: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
On top 150k per month? for this economy when Buhari don scatter our exchange rate?? Ur boss dey mad.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by ParrotGirls360(f): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
What a big mistake she made there....Kpele fine, intelligent lady. It is well

Here are some Super, beautiful, Hardworking and sexy ladies you should start dating to marry

Click HERE +18

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by tunapawizzy: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
something dey worry ur boss or whoever decided not to pick someone u considered the best in content.... Shebi u have picked the candidate with very tidy, clean , SHALLOW write-up
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Meteng: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
I think that lady is more intelligent than your boss. One person out of 400 people scaled through a process and he had the "sense" to discard her because of mistakes while writing? You, yourself even confirmed that she wrote the application intelligently. You should have put in a word for her

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Scarfin(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

cheesy The adubam dude didn't know the boss had given the job to someone well known to the boss cheesy
Nigerian motivational speakers don't know what's going on.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Klass99(f): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
After passing both written and oral interviews, and scaling over 400 applicants to be the only one standing, you and your useless boss now decided to reject her cz of cancellation undecided undecided. Very annoying nonsense
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Mutaultope(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
Is like the boss is a FEMALE

They are the only set of people that can act that way

inconsiderate fellow

they would be acting like Mad fellow

I was at a public school to market insurance to the staff , you need to see how the Headmistress shouted at me to leave the school compound as if I came to steal from them
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Thalamus: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

Thats what happens when shallow-minded people assume positions of authority people, its your company's loss. Your boss should be fired.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by numericalguy(m): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam,
You boss is a very silly person for the following reasons.
1) It is a very trivial issue and should never be used to judge a candidates performance. I have been an examiner in a Federal government higher institution and you need to see how much students cancels when writing an examination. The only solution is to follow the marking scheme and use it to mark the ones they didn't cancel out.

2) You boss thinks that because she is not employed in your organisation, the candidates life is over. This is typical of most employers in Nigeria.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by rolams(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
Thank God I am not seeking for job right now!

The person in question can easily use her brain to earn higher than what an employer will pay her.

I may not be super rich but I thank God, I can afford my daily meals.

To Job seekers out there: don't wait for who will pay you after giving your best to boost his /her revenue/stream of income rather, channel your effort to where you will benefit 100%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Submit Your CV Online For Current Access Bank Job / Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? / REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.