Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? (1451 Views)

Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" / There Will Never Be Biafra Again - Lauretta Onochie / FFK Reacts As Oduduwa And IPOB Members Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
I am igbo and I am not in support of Biafra because I believe a better alternative is to have a country consisting of the entire southern states of Nigeria. If we must separate from the north due to cultural and religious incompatibilities I believe a country including all southern states will do far better than Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta republics in terms of national wealth, manpower, strength and world influence. There is actually no strong reason why the entire southern states can't stand as a country.

Igbos and Yorubas do behave like they are enemies but we all know the truth that our cultures are compatible. An igbo man can move to Yoruba land and settle there easily without any difficulty, and a Yoruba man can move to Igbo land and settle there easily without difficulty as well. Whatever "issues" Igbos and Yorubas think they have with each other are all insignificant when you give it a serious thought. For instance when you hear the average complaint an igbo man has against Yorubas it sounds like "Yorubas are betrayers". And when you hear the average complaint from a Yoruba against igbos it sounds like "Igbos are chest beaters". The truth is that these complaints are all inconsequential and irrelevant and definitely not a sufficient reason why there should be any serious division between the two tribes. The same applies to every other south tribes.

Our cultures in the south are all compatible and we all know it but choose to pretend we have a major problem with each other. So why must it Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta republics when there is no major compatibility issues preventing us from having a bigger, wealthier and stronger country consisting of all the southern states?
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Tinububalls: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2021
Why must it be southern Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
Tinububalls:
I explained it above. Southern Nigeria as a country would be much richer, stronger and better than having smaller countries as Biafra, Oduduwa or Niger Delta republics.

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Ttalk: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
Why not Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta. Why must they merge together when similar union in Nigeria has not work for 100 years.
Don't you see that African leaders could not manage huge population unlike some other race.
When people mention huge counties like China, USA, the forgot to mention small ones with fever population than Biafra or Oduduwa who are equally strong and doing better.

What is the advantage of huge population of a country

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Banmeallday: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nefort:
I am igbo and I am not in support of Biafra because I believe a better alternative is to have a country consisting of the entire southern states of Nigeria. If we must separate from the north due to cultural and religious incompatibilities I believe a country including all southern states will do far better than Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta republics in terms of national wealth, manpower, strength and world influence. There is actually no strong reason why the entire southern states can't stand as a country.

Igbos and Yorubas do behave like they are enemies but we all know the truth that our cultures are compatible. An igbo man can move to Yoruba land and settle there easily without any difficulty, and a Yoruba man can move to Igbo land and settle there easily without difficulty as well. Whatever "issues" Igbos and Yorubas think they have with each other are all insignificant when you give it a serious thought. For instance when you hear the average complaint an igbo man has against Yorubas it sounds like "Yorubas are betrayers". And when you hear the average complaint from a Yoruba against igbos it sounds like "Igbos are chest beaters". The truth is that these complaints are all inconsequential and irrelevant and definitely not a sufficient reason why there should be any serious division between the two tribes. The same applies to every other south tribes.

Our cultures in the south are all compatible and we all know it but choose to pretend we have a major problem with each other. So why must it Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta republics when there is no major compatibility issues preventing us from having a bigger, wealthier and stronger country consisting of all the southern states?

Before the forefathers of the English Premier League came to black Africa there was nothing like Nigeria, whether be Northern Nigeria or Southern Nigeria or Federal Republic of Nigeria, nothing....

They came and saw an area of Niggers at that time and gave it the name Nigger Area which till date we want to own as if it is who we are....

Biafra and Oduduwa alone are bigger and better than the vast majority of nations world wide and can still work together like European nations are doing.

See Yugoslavia, even their smallest nations can beat the SUper Eagles easily....

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Iliveforever(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Regardless your opinion doesn’t count, Ask your mother who your true father is. Your blood is mixed
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by DeadCountry: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2021
IP the latest mumu, come out and champion the Southern nigeria country and we will support you. Stop expecting MNK or IPOB to do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by attackgat: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nothing like Southern Nigeria, make everyone answer him papa name

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
Banmeallday:

Before the forefathers of the English Premier League came to black Africa there was nothing like Nigeria, whether be Northern Nigeria or Southern Nigeria or Federal Republic of Nigeria, nothing....

They came and saw an area of Niggers at that time and gave it the name Nigger Area which till date we want to own as if it is who we are....

Biafra and Oduduwa alone are bigger and better than the vast majority of nations world wide and can still work together like European nations are doing.

See Yugoslavia, even their smallest nations can beat the SUper Eagles easily....

Vast majority?? You don't know what you are saying. Anyway, my main point is they will do better together as one country.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ttalk:
Why not Biafra, Oduduwa and Niger Delta. Why must they merge together when similar union in Nigeria has not work for 100 years.
Don't you see that African leaders could not manage huge population unlike some other race.
When people mention huge counties like China, USA, the forgot to mention small ones with fever population than Biafra or Oduduwa who are equally strong and doing better.

What is the advantage of huge population of a country
We all know the reason why Nigeria as a union has not worked. And this is obviously because of the influence of one part of the country having the political and military dominance to impose their own wish across the rest of the union. The southern states has been the region calling for restructuring. This means if the south were to form a country they will replicate this desire to structure the country in such a way that everyone will be carried along. The north is simply the reason why the union hasn't worked. If the south agrees to form a country it would be a different story and a success without the north.

Having a southern Nigerian nation is not about population, but the combined resources and educated manpower to that would elevate the country higher.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nefort:

We all know the reason why Nigeria as a union has not worked. And this is obviously because of the influence of one part of the country having the political and military dominance to impose their own wish across the rest of the union. The southern states has been the region calling for restructuring. This means if the south were to form a country they will replicate this desire to structure the country in such a way that everyone will be carried along. The north is simply the reason why the union hasn't worked. If the south agrees to form a country it would be a different story and a success without the north.

Having a southern Nigerian nation is not about population, but the combined resources and educated manpower to that would elevate the country higher.

I agree with you.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Derring: 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
Absolutely trash, an average Igbo man can settle anywhere and adapt doesn’t mean we are Yoruba,s are compatible. All man for himself!
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Ttalk: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nefort:

Stop being clever by half, we've had Obasanjo and Jonathan from the South yet they didn't restructure, and things didn't get better.

The factor that makes Nigeria not to work will still be there in any southern alliance, and only indigenous people can cooexit and develop, if Africans are lump up together, there will always be skirmishes and distrust
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by JOemmy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nefort:

Vast majority?? You don't know what you are saying. Anyway, my main point is they will do better together as one country.

The three regions still have major idealogical and cultural differences which is currently being suppressed these idealogies might still cause major conflicts in the future.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
JOemmy:

The three regions still have major idealogical and cultural differences which is currently being suppressed these idealogies might still cause major conflicts in the future.
Can you list the ideologies?
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ttalk:

Stop being clever by half, we've had Obasanjo and Jonathan from the South yet they didn't restructure, and things didn't get better.

The factor that makes Nigeria not to work will still be there in any southern alliance, and only indigenous people can cooexit and develop, if Africans are lump up together, there will always be skirmishes and distrust
You think a Nigerian president alone has the sole power to restructure the country? That's where you get it wrong.

If a southern alliance cannot work then Biafra and Oduduwa will likely not work too because there are differences within Biafra and Oduduwa as well. If we can't manage our differences as a collective southern nation then we likely wouldn't be able to manage our differences as Biafra and Oduduwa.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
The major reason some of us want an oduduwa republic is to stem the inflow of economic migrants from the east into our region. I don't want to share a country with drug peddlers. I'd rather have the status quo remain than some rubbish southern nigeria to exist. You Igbos are no different from the Northern leeches you condemn daily and scared of the fact that you're landlocked chumps who depend alot on imports.

Fvckers

4 Likes

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Christistruth00: 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Tinububalls:

So that IPOB can later do Long Throat and Claim that the Efik , Ogoni and Ijaw stole their Land and Seaports and start attacking them for their own God given Ancestral Lands

3 Likes

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by mmanwuijele: 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nefort:

You think a Nigerian president alone has the sole power to restructure the country? That's where you get it wrong.

If a southern alliance cannot work then Biafra and Oduduwa will likely not work too because there are differences within Biafra and Oduduwa as well. If we can't manage our differences as a collective southern nation then we likely wouldn't be able to manage our differences as Biafra and Oduduwa.

Just stop. There is a bleep in you understanding of political and cultural matters. Oduduwa and Biafra need to be independent nations and must then form alliances like Australia and New Zealand.

There is a distrust between the Oduduwans and the Biafrans. The East and South are culturally alike. The West are culturally alike. Draw the cultural lines and then form an Ambozanian, Biafran and Oduduwan alliance.

Please brothers and sisters, readdddd!

Biafra has vowed to supply oil for free to Oduduwa in this alliance because we understand that the Oduduwans are also great people with many qualities that we can share.

Please see page 15 of the document:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b7c3f89372b969d1ec81486/t/5bae5fd20d929727f6e6cf6a/1538154451195/Biafra+Fundamental+Principles+and+Vision.pdf

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Staypositive: 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
It is well......

I'm surprised that my igbos brothers have time to explain things to that fulani op....

A fulani op here on nairaland will be like I'm an Igbo but I don't support BIAFRA..

Oga fulani man if igbos no support BIAFRA what should we support...

BIAFRA is our hope.....

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2021
mmanwuijele:

Just stop. There is a bleep in you understanding of political and cultural matters. Oduduwa and Biafra need to be independent nations and must then form alliances like Australia and New Zealand.

There is a distrust between the Oduduwans and the Biafrans. The East and South are culturally alike. The West are culturally alike. Draw the cultural lines and then form an Ambozanian, Biafran and Oduduwan alliance.

Please brothers and sisters, readdddd!

Biafra has vowed to supply oil for free to Oduduwa in this alliance because we understand that the Oduduwans are also great people with many qualities that we can share.

Please see page 15 of the document:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b7c3f89372b969d1ec81486/t/5bae5fd20d929727f6e6cf6a/1538154451195/Biafra+Fundamental+Principles+and+Vision.pdf
There is distrust within many nations. Even the US other countries look up to as a model has distrust issues but the country is still forging ahead. Whatever distrust between Igbos and Yorubas can be perfectly managed and should not be a reason to form separate nations. Within the Yoruba or Igbo communities there is also distrust among fellow ethnic members. So are we going to split the Oduduwa or Biafra further down to trusted boundaries?
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 8:34am On Oct 22, 2021
WesternOligarch:
The major reason some of us want an oduduwa republic is to stem the inflow of economic migrants from the east into our region. I don't want to share a country with drug peddlers. I'd rather have the status quo remain than some rubbish southern nigeria to exist. You Igbos are no different from the Northern leeches you condemn daily and scared of the fact that you're landlocked chumps who depend alot on imports.

Fvckers
That's a stupid reason to be honest. Others want secession mainly because they want to free themselves from the Fulani hegemony and your reason is simply due to hatred for a particular tribe.

Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups and they all mainly migrate to Lagos and not your entire region as a whole. Don't sound like igbos are the only ethnic group in Nigeria migrating to Lagos. Lagos was built by the federal government after they situated several infrastructures there. Lagos can still be decongested even without having Oduduwa republic first. So your reason for wanting Oduduwa to prevent Igbos from getting in is just a joke. Are igbos offending you in Lagos? Why the hatred?

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 8:38am On Oct 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

So that IPOB can latter do Long Throat and Claim that the Efik , Ogoni and Ijaw stole their Land and Seaports and start attacking them for their own God given Ancestral Lands
This will not happen if they coexist together in the same country. That is another reason why having a country with the entire southern region included is a better alternative. If Biafra and Niger Delta insist on going separately then what you mentioned will likely happen.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Nefort: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2021
Staypositive:
It is well......

I'm surprised that my igbos brothers have time to explain things to that fulani op....

A fulani op here on nairaland will be like I'm an Igbo but I don't support BIAFRA..

Oga fulani man if igbos no support BIAFRA what should we support...

BIAFRA is our hope.....

I am not a Fulani man. Learn to accept that every Igbo will not like the same solution as yours. Every Igbo cannot be a Biafra supporter. My point is, a country made up of the southern states in Nigeria will be better than Biafra.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Biafrarep(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2021
So you want to solve one problem and create another?

You want to form a nation with people that suffer from perpetual inferiority complex? Haven't you watched the video where grown ass yoruba men were seen on national television crying that tinubu should come and save them from Igbos? That Igbos have bought all their lands in Lagos?!

How would you deal with such attitude from them which is bound to heighten once Hausa and Fulanis are no longer a challenge?

FYI, Yorubas need Igbos more in staying under Southern Nigeria because if South forms a nation, Lagos will even grow faster than it is growing now and the SW will continue to reap from it while the fortunes of SE won't change much. Under Southern Nigeria, Lagos will automatically become the capital of everything and it would lead to anti-Igbo sentiments the more we invest there and displace them. Is that the sort of thing you need going forward?

The best option is to have between 2, 3 or even 4 countries out of Southern Nigeria while all Igbos both in SE and SS forms their own country.

I would like to see cities like Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Asaba, Abakiliki etc to have a skyscraper skyline and it is possible under an Igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Biafrarep(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

So that IPOB can latter do Long Throat and Claim that the Efik , Ogoni and Ijaw stole their Land and Seaports and start attacking them for their own God given Ancestral Lands

Kiddo, you think we started living with these people as neighbors yesterday?

FYI, we have been living together as neighbors since recorded history and at no point did we steal their lands and you think we will start now? Even as late as 1950's till 1966, they were together with us under a semi autonomous Eastern region and we never cheated them so it's now everyone is wiser that you think we will cheat them?

Anyways, I'm an advocate of an only Igbo nation, we don't need anyone for anything.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Idiko1: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Nefort:

I want Republic of Igboland, period. I do not give a ratass if any compound in Nigeria had to become a Republic. A country which consists entire southern Nigeria is incarnate of shithole known as Republic of Nigeria. I cannot start afresh with wrong foot at the door as our forbearers did with silly Nigeria. I just want clean-cut and start journey of progress from the grass root. If Ndigbo had to look for people of cultural affinity, they should not look beyond the defunct eastern region and few LGA across the border in Benue.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Idiko1: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2021
Nefort:

Yet you want to force Ndigbo into another country with people and characters who made the bolded humanly possible at the down of 1967. The bolded existed because of the foolishness of the majority of southern Nigerians.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by gidgiddy: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Fvckers

You people want Oduduwa Republic that bad but abandoned Sunday Igboho in cotonue? Did you see the number of Igbos who came out for Nnamdi Kanu yesterday?

You guys are not serious about Oduduwa Republic.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by APCNig: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2021
There is no alternative to dissolution of the fraudulent contraption called Nigeria
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by JOemmy(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2021
Nefort:

Can you list the ideologies?

I meant the way of life.
Re: Why Must It Be Biafra, Oduduwa And Niger Delta Republic? by Ttalk: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

You people want Oduduwa Republic that bad but abandoned Sunday Igboho in cotonue? Did you see the number of Igbos who came out for Nnamdi Kanu yesterday?

You guys are not serious about Oduduwa Republic.

Tell me who championed the mobilisation yesterday, was it not Sowore a Yoruba man. Some of you guys are suffering from myopia

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Enforcing IPOB’s Sit-at-home In Delta Set Some Vehicles Ablaze (photos) / Owo Attack: What Cowardly Yoruba People Don't Say (Video) / Video: APC Women Showed Religious Tolerance In Trending Video In Eagle Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.