Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. (25583 Views)

A Tanker Heading To Iganmu Bridge From Sifax Burst Into Flames / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Convoy Of Borno King Heading To Kaduna For Durbar Involved In Accident (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Beedude(m): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2021
Mrbenny001:
I'm a Veterinary Doctor.. please anyone that knows how to get to Australia.. pls help a brother.
Australia bus dey Jibowu or Oshodi grin

Just go thru the travel thread, u will get vital information. But open your eyes and brain when dealing with anyone.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Ernestforyou: 8:36am On Dec 07, 2021
Majority of people staying in that place are either into Yahoo,drugs ,Aza men or prostitution.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by tunnex190: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2021
Ruben225571:
1. UAE visa is cheap but the country is expensive and with so much Competition .

2. There is so much bad Image for Nigerian in UAE so you must be willing to do more of good conduct to enable you stand out.

3. UAE is not a country you come to with $100 BTA, the moment you drop from the airplane to the moment you receive your first salary is a whole lot of spending, so be prepared

4. 99% of the Jobs your agent promised you from Nigeria is not true, he may also be on overstay and doesn't care if you join him/her.

5. Free accomodation is scarce in UAE, dont get angry when your friend or relative refuses to accommodate you, if you Intend to share with them, always agree properly, don't assume.

6. Your prospective employer has a different culture from you, always calm down to observe.

7. UAE has labour laws, get someone who knows to explain to you, don't act on information you gather online.

8. If you are a skilled worker, eg mechanic, mason, electrician, tiler etc, it's easier for you to get a job than he who comes with a master's degree in philosophy or business admin etc.

9. Always be sure you want a job before you take it , don't sign a job contract and abandon it mid-way, it may be the beginning of your predicament.

10. For those who get promises of visa and ticket to pay back when you get to UAE, there is a 99% chance that you are been exported for prostitution, in UAE prostitution is a CRIME and doesn't give you as much money as it does in Europe , so think twice when you get such offers.

11. [s]If your main business is yahoo, no need to come except you have already made it big in Nigeria[/s] and you need a good environment where you can invest your money and have a good life.

12. Don't pay anyone hundreds of thousands of Naira to get a UAE visa with a promise of big job, if you have millions and must come to Dubai, get a one month visa and do a residence permit on arrival if you don't get a desired job.

13. Those who have a personal residence permit tend to get higher paying jobs than those who come with tourist visas and are on company residence permit.

14. You cannot rob a bank, do cultism etc and go free in UAE, there are cameras everywhere and the boarders are tight.

15. Once your visa expires, you loose all your legality and begin to pay overstay fines, avoid it if you can.

16. Shouting, fighting, protesting, illegal gathering, unauthorised photography, cultism are all prohibited in UAE, it will get you into trouble.

17. Not all businesses in UAE are doing well, some Pakistanis, Indians, Filipinos, Arabs etc you call Arbab/ sponsors are also struggling, they set up a company and employ you, they can mess up your stay if they can't proceed with your residence permit.

18. When a company employs you, size them up, evaluate their operations and check well if they are capable of paying salaries and issuing a residence permit, let me explain further; a new coffee shop in Umm Al Quain that employs 6 of you at same time and does not have enough customers may disappoint you, use your brain to avoid crying at last.

19. Starting a business for Nigerians is not as difficult as you hear, that's if you have the money, seek information.

20. UAE is not easy, guys work hard here, really hard.

Everything you have said here is totally true except that part strike through. I knew a guy back then. He came with nothing and he's something at the moment. I mean he's loaded pressing keypads steadily. I envied him if you must know. If you base your theory with the fact that not everyone of them is successful doing it, I would agree.
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:37am On Dec 07, 2021
Prostitution in uae is not a child's play except ur favored, for u to make 500k,ur kitten will become a zombie product

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2021
Dubai wey dem tell me to kon dey drive taxi dat year.

Stay for naija, even though u no get work go dey farm.

Na farmer get naija future

4 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Spartachico007(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Sheriman:
UAE to me is a Pro Max Lagos. So nothing special going there to live and work unless you have make your full loaded cash elsewhere and you really want to enjoy it there.

Lol pro max Lagos
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2021
Beedude:

Australia bus dey Jibowu or Oshodi grin

Just go thru the travel thread, u will get vital information. But open your eyes and brain when dealing with anyone.
Peace

He asked a meaningful questions base on enquiry, u dey, dey talk nonsense, if dem check we now e fit be sey na one bush u dey now dey type nonsense.

Omo Eran lasan

5 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Crafteck1: 8:42am On Dec 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Opexzy: 8:42am On Dec 07, 2021
Osiris12:
UAE is not a good place to visit

Can’t find myself in the land of potential terrorist, bandits and peadophiles

To the guy below me.
There’s no dignity in begging. Use that phone wey dey ur hand do better thing jor

Actually, there is nothing bad in genuine beg for help when you can't obviously help yourself..

You faulted a man's plea for help, I hope you don't have problems that whatever token you make with your phone won't be able to solve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:45am On Dec 07, 2021
OP is right about all this, staying in uae is not easy especially wen u earn 1200aed or more,if u must go to uae, just hold enough money cis a bedspace there is 50,000 on a monthly basis if u convert it to naira. Just hope u end up in a better management that employ u.
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Beedude(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2021
Sirjendon:

He asked a meaningful questions base on enquiry, u dey, dey talk nonsense, if dem check we now e fit be sey na one bush u dey now dey type nonsense.

Omo Eran lasan
Its too early to pass ur anger on me.
I am not the cause of your failure or wasted years.

Was only joking with the guy and later told him where he could get vital info ASAP.
But you frasutrated E. Goat decided to pick up a fight u will always lose.
I wont reply you again.
Just take a lot of water and sleep.
All your fraustration will go in due time.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by samuelson06(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2021
MrLamip:
This information is quite timely as I was considering the prospects of moving there.

Don't go there.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Osiris12: 8:50am On Dec 07, 2021
Opexzy:

Actually, there is nothing bad in genuine beg for help when you can't obviously help yourself..

You faulted a man's plea for help, I hope you don't have problems that whatever token you make with your phone won't be able to solve.

Amen
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by ImaIma1(f): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2021
God1000:
It's not all peachy out there, say no to desperation, who will build this country if we all leave?

You
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 07, 2021
Sirjendon:
Dubai wey dem tell me to kon dey drive taxi dat year.

Stay for naija, even though u no get work go dey farm.

Na farmer get naija future
Farming needs a lot of money o.

Except no be mechanise farming you dey talk.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by panpan(m): 9:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Mrbenny001:
I'm a Veterinary Doctor.. please anyone that knows how to get to Australia.. pls help a brother.

Beware of Australia, or to be more precise, beware of the controls of the government of Australia, at both national and regional levels.

The Australian government has become a law unto itself, without any restraint.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by God1000(m): 9:00am On Dec 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

You
Yes dear, it's me.
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by BlackyOne: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2021
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, I'll need to start from Ghana first
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by AndiEssien: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2021
CocoaOla:

At least better than Nigeria

Many out there are wishing to be in Nigeria right now. For them Nigeria is better. It can be compared to working in the house of a billionaire who ill years you doesn't pay you well, you don't have freedom for yourself and can't even save up for the future, yet you're living in the midst of luxury and wealth. You'll sure not be happy because all that luxury wouldn't make any sense to you. That's the reality of UAE for most Nigerians. You're surrounded with so much wealth and infrastructure but you are hardly a part of it, you only watch it from the sideline. In such a condition Nigeria is much better

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by ImaIma1(f): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
God1000:

Yes dear, it's me.

Lol...I meant you will be the one to stay and build the country grin
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Valuc: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Na WA o
.. whic one we wun do naw... Go e no gree.. stay e no gree... Shey make we disappear ?
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Bigpapi: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
idu1:

I dey tell you my brother

No be lie
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Bigpapi: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
idu1:

I dey tell you my brother

No be lie o
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by God1000(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

Lol...I meant you will be the one to stay and build the country grin
Of course I will stay because I want this country to be great.

You can stay with me, let's work together.
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by toprealman: 9:32am On Dec 07, 2021
Opexzy:

You are the uninformed here... Leave him to his personal opinion and stick to yours..

When has it become a crime to have options and opinions that are different from YOURS
Nigerians na wa for una.
We no de fight uncle. We learn everyday and daily dose of info helps us to fine tune our choices/opinion/ decisions.
When I hear stuff like what you just said or maybe the "best" of them all...that's just me, I can't change my opinion on that.....
Omo na to dey my de....e get why!
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by toprealman: 9:34am On Dec 07, 2021
uthlaw:
check well,who is the ignorance here...if you like go to Lesotho, that not my business... Wherever I decide to go shouldn't be ur business!
You are 100% correct bro....do have a great day!

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2021
Mrbenny001:
You are inviting Scammers into your DM this way.
Go to the Travel thread on Nairaland, look for/search Australia travels in the search topic.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by mailemy(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2021
In your mind. Who no go no go know.
CocoaOla:

At least better than Nigeria
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by BJanta: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Ruben225571:
1. UAE visa is cheap but the country is expensive and with so much Competition .

2. There is so much bad Image for Nigerian in UAE so you must be willing to do more of good conduct to enable you stand out.

3. UAE is not a country you come to with $100 BTA, the moment you drop from the airplane to the moment you receive your first salary is a whole lot of spending, so be prepared

4. 99% of the Jobs your agent promised you from Nigeria is not true, he may also be on overstay and doesn't care if you join him/her.

5. Free accomodation is scarce in UAE, dont get angry when your friend or relative refuses to accommodate you, if you Intend to share with them, always agree properly, don't assume.

6. Your prospective employer has a different culture from you, always calm down to observe.

7. UAE has labour laws, get someone who knows to explain to you, don't act on information you gather online.

8. If you are a skilled worker, eg mechanic, mason, electrician, tiler etc, it's easier for you to get a job than he who comes with a master's degree in philosophy or business admin etc.

9. Always be sure you want a job before you take it , don't sign a job contract and abandon it mid-way, it may be the beginning of your predicament.

10. For those who get promises of visa and ticket to pay back when you get to UAE, there is a 99% chance that you are been exported for prostitution, in UAE prostitution is a CRIME and doesn't give you as much money as it does in Europe , so think twice when you get such offers.

11. If your main business is yahoo, no need to come except you have already made it big in Nigeria and you need a good environment where you can invest your money and have a good life.

12. Don't pay anyone hundreds of thousands of Naira to get a UAE visa with a promise of big job, if you have millions and must come to Dubai, get a one month visa and do a residence permit on arrival if you don't get a desired job.

13. Those who have a personal residence permit tend to get higher paying jobs than those who come with tourist visas and are on company residence permit.

14. You cannot rob a bank, do cultism etc and go free in UAE, there are cameras everywhere and the boarders are tight.

15. Once your visa expires, you loose all your legality and begin to pay overstay fines, avoid it if you can.

16. Shouting, fighting, protesting, illegal gathering, unauthorised photography, cultism are all prohibited in UAE, it will get you into trouble.

17. Not all businesses in UAE are doing well, some Pakistanis, Indians, Filipinos, Arabs etc you call Arbab/ sponsors are also struggling, they set up a company and employ you, they can mess up your stay if they can't proceed with your residence permit.

18. When a company employs you, size them up, evaluate their operations and check well if they are capable of paying salaries and issuing a residence permit, let me explain further; a new coffee shop in Umm Al Quain that employs 6 of you at same time and does not have enough customers may disappoint you, use your brain to avoid crying at last.

19. Starting a business for Nigerians is not as difficult as you hear, that's if you have the money, seek information.

20. UAE is not easy, guys work hard here, really hard.
Noted
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by allicare: 10:04am On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=wealthtrak post=108278664][/quote]
God bless u for this educative information

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by allicare: 10:06am On Dec 07, 2021
richmondefosa:
grin
What s good work you have just done. God bless you greatly
Re: 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. by KillAlabi2021(m): 10:24am On Dec 07, 2021
God1000:
It's not all peachy out there, say no to desperation, who will build this country if we all leave?

Dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How She Escaped An Accident When Her Taxify Driver Had A Seizure / Winners Pastor's Car Hits 10-Year-Old Boy Celebrating Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti / Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.