Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,286 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope (745 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Language has never been a barrier to me and I knew what I was going in for when I decided to come to Brazil so I am not complaining, but even Brazilians in the USA also go through what we are going through in Brazil.

Have you ever been in a situation where you can't defend yourself because of the language? one time I was waiting outside a supermarket for my uber ride and I was standing close to the place marked for bikes and this woman wanted to park her car in the bike space, I didn't move and she parked in front of me, I wanted to blast her but because I could not understand the language back then I just kept quiet. lol

One time I was on a bus and I stayed close to the window, so I won't miss my bus stop only migrants would understand me better, lol. I pressed the stop button and it didn't work, I never knew there is a rope above that you can pull because the button does not work anymore, I could not shout, I had to stop at the next bus stop which was not far if it was in Lagos or in an English speaking country I would have talked to the bus driver.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/10/people-living-in-non-english-speaking.html?m=1

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Share your experience if you live in a non English speaking country
Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by XXXXTENTACION: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Mide3367: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
I school in a country located in the North Western part of Nigeria called kaduna.. I don't understand one bit of hausa. Moreover, op have you forgotten that Nigeria has like 4 countries in it? If you are from west and you travel to north, na hausa you go dey hear there. I always have problems with aboki bike men wey no understand English..

4 Likes

Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Mide3367: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lalasticlala front page �

1 Like

Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
Mide3367:
I school in a country located in the North Western part of Nigeria called kaduna.. I don't understand one bit of hausa. Moreover, op have you forgotten that Nigeria has like 4 countries in it? If you are from west and you travel to north, na hausa you go dey hear there. I always have problems with aboki bike men wey no understand English..

Lol you are so right
Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by wunmi590(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
tongue
Re: People Living In Non English Speaking Countries How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
It would be nice to hear from people living in non English speaking countries

(1) (Reply)

US Student Visa While Pregnant. / Stranded Migrants Expelled From Del Rio, Texas(photos, Video) / Student Visa For Georgia Tbilisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.