Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. (1953 Views)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words / The Father Of My 2 Kids Took Them Away From Me Unlawfully, Deceitfully / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by stevebond007(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
Don't bother these kids with education and compulsory learning, there job at this stage is to PLAY and PLAY.

Don't impede their process. An expert will tell you this. They learn by playing.

3 Likes

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by LordReed(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kamsi04:
Hello....

Please I'm in a dilemma, my 2year old refuses to write,even coloring is work to her. She holds pencil very well but hates the idea of writing anything. Her teacher also complains about it.

I really do not know how to go about it.

I developing concern that we are having unrealistic expectations of our children. Even though my own 2year old can write I think we are pushing all of them too fast. Some children can cope and some cannot so we now use the ones who can to judge the ones who can't and in my estimation it's unfair. At 2 years old you child should just be developing the Interest and motor skills for such a task. Maybe use unstructured methods to pique her interest, it might be the rigid nature of school is causing her discomfort. My 2 year old start picking interest because she saw her sister draw using the stylus on my phone. Just buy crayons and paper let her do her thing.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by Dbrawllm0098(f): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
She is just 2 years old, calm down please and find out if she can paint or colour, get her different paint colours, a cardboard paper and let her enjoy her age while growing in peace

4 Likes

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by GboyegaD(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Tori Olorun, why are you making demands on a 2 year old to write? Please don't steal her life and let him enjoy her toddler space and time.

3 Likes

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by NoToPile: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
She grips a pencil, that seems okay for now what some kids do at that age is scribbling aka jagajaga. I never knew it was a learning process until I asked the creche lady and she told me to leave my son if he scribbles that it helps.

Get her colorful books, crayons , lots of babies like colors and coloring it attracts them. She will most likely love coloring .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by GboyegaD(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hathor5:

It's enough to start writing at 5.

The British curriculum that you so praise is taught in countries where kids start school around the age of 5.

Still wondering what the competition is about in Nigeria. Why not put a child in a creche where they play with their mates, watch cartoons, take their normal walks, and sleep? I keep imagine how awkward it looks for a 13month toddler to put on uniforms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

Story!

When you come down here, youll see the challenge parents are facing because their wards cant compete with children their age who started writing earlier.

Some schools won't even admit a child into a class her age because the child cant compete with his/her peers due to the standard they operate. They mostly suggest putting them in a lower class and this can be very frustrating for most parents especially when changing the childs school from the so called Montessori. This makes them opt for extra lessons on writing for their ward just so they can be at par with other children.

Most Montessori schools are no longer thriving in Nigeria these days.

Make una dey there dey ask questions.

What challenges? What is the use of cramming without understanding? The basis of asking kids to start school late is so that they can be matured to grasp what is been taught.

The challenge in Nigeria is we are unnecessarily competitive on things we have no understanding of how it works.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by cococandy(f): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
Very ridiculous

1 Like

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by Hathor5(f): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
GboyegaD:

Still wondering what the competition is about in Nigeria. Why not put a child in a creche where they play with their mates, watch cartoons, take their normal walks, and sleep? I keep imagine how awkward it looks for a 13month toddler to put on uniforms.

The uniform part might even be cute smiley but most toddlers are not ready for formal education at the age of two. Besides, there are other things they need to learn before they start learning how to write. Many Nigerians think that you can push every child to be a prodigy but you cannot cheat nature. Their cognitive skills will develop at their natural pace.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by Hathor5(f): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
GboyegaD:

What challenges? What is the use of cramming without understanding? The basis of asking kids to start school late is so that they can be matured to grasp what is been taught.

The challenge in Nigeria is we are unnecessarily competitive on things we have no understanding of how it works.

Very well said.
Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by TheeDetective: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
@Op; I won't be surprised if the thread below is what you saw of this 3 year-old who rights well and you decided your 2 year-old should be able to be like that as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/6797911/child-already-genius-3

She is only 2 years-old for goodness sake; so don't be too alarmed. As a few have suggested to you to get some colouring books for her to assist in the writing process. If you are that worried, then why not engage her in the writing process yourself undecided.

Remember that every child has its own pace at learning and if you try to force the pace that they are not use to, you may create problems as each child's learning ability differs.

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by frozen70(f): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kamsi04:
Hello....

Please I'm in a dilemma, my 2year old refuses to write,even coloring is work to her. She holds pencil very well but hates the idea of writing anything. Her teacher also complains about it.

I really do not know how to go about it.

Get a spelling nursery rhyme for her, while playing the video, she will see them spelling and she may be interested in it

Get her favorite snacks for her and promise her that she will get it once she finishes her writing

Gradually she will pick up

1 Like

Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by wunmi590(m): 11:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

[b]Parents these days are so much in a hurry.
One moment they just had a baby, [/b]the next moment they want them graduated already.

Op, calm down and keep teaching her, and with time she'll start to like it.
Don't be too anxious. Enjoy the process.

Although, it is a bit of a worry that she hates colouring. Children at that stage, especially girls love drawing and colouring. undecided

You are very right, majority of them are always in a hurry...

My baby of 9months old have started saying bye bye even in her tone you would know she's saying bye bye, she also knows how to clap for mum and daddy when you tell her to do so...

I showed the video to one of my friends and she was like, wow your baby would talk quick...

Most times, creche do alot in children's upbringing...

OP, should just giver her time, every body get their time abeg
Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by Kamsi04: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2023
No you are wrong
I'm just seeing the post sef
Re: My 2 Year Old Hates Writing. by Kamsi04: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2023
She's now 4 years and has improved a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Whispering At Someone’s Wife Almost Cost Me My Life This morning / Mother Dresses So Wrong And Kids May Folllow / My Relatives Have Killed Me! I Am Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.