Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,304 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

Desperate For Good Internet Access In Ilorin, Kwara State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Desperate For Good Internet Access In Ilorin, Kwara State (853 Views)

The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. / 6 Powerful New Year Resolution Ideas That Will Change Your Life For Good / Togo Shuts Down Internet Access In The Midst Of Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Desperate For Good Internet Access In Ilorin, Kwara State by Unfinished: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
If you are in Ilorin and have very good internet access. Kindly share how you did it please.

I reside in the Tanke area. Which set up is the best? Buy an antenna and router? A pole taller than all trees and houses around?

What networks are the best networks to use?

Help me o! undecided
Re: Desperate For Good Internet Access In Ilorin, Kwara State by ragingbullet: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
My experience so far with browsing from Ilorin sucks. I got an Airtel Mifi at the rate 12k for proper internet connection in the bid to kick start my online training which entails: surfing the net, conducting of virtual calls, etc. I will say my experience has been frustrating. The MIFI cuts me off abruptly while having calls online which is very annoying, i experience tough times while doing petty surfing of the net and this has been a form of set back for me.

I had to think of other options. I then stopped by making use of my phones' hotspot, any improvement? Hmm...No! I bought 3sims from different service providers ( MTN, Airtel & Glo) still having the same issue! The issue now is the network quality/speed. Having to change positions hoping to get the minute internet improvement. All efforts has proved futile.

Just of recent, i headed to a cyber cafe and bought browsing time of 1hr, costs 350 naira. First 20 mins the connection was a bit okay, 30 mins gone, i'm beginning to lose hope in the network (broadband). Till the time expired i was unable to do anything. This is my experience here at Ilorin.
I'll love if there is any solution to my internet quality problem. Do i need a universal sim router? What do banks use or hotels use for effective internet? What do i need to do? Your ideas are welcome.
Re: Desperate For Good Internet Access In Ilorin, Kwara State by Unfinished: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thanks for your reply ragingbullet. Not very helpful. Hellooooooooooo, any Ilorin person on here with decent internet connection at home? How did you set it up? Pole? Antenna? Router?

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company / A Prof’s Strange Indignation By Adeze Ojukwu / See The Full List Of Official Cars TINUBU Will Inherit In 2023 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.