Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

True Or False: 'Nigerian Men Love Full-figured Women - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / True Or False: 'Nigerian Men Love Full-figured Women (1860 Views)

Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside / Your Toilet Seat Is Your Thinking Chair: True Or False? / Call Summary Analysis: True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Or False: 'Nigerian Men Love Full-figured Women by Babasessy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
True or false: ‘Nigerian men love full-figured women

Dolapo Ajila While her mates are doing everything to be pencil-slim, Dolapo Ajila, the newly-crowned Miss Big and Beautiful, is happy with her big frame. “Your size has nothing to do with what you are destined to become in life. Besides, Nigerian men love big women,” she enthused in an interview with YEMISI ADENIRAN.

How does it feel being the reigning Big and Beautiful Queen in Nigeria?
It feels good and I am glad I won this competition.

What if you had not win?
What if not? It wouldn’t have meant anything, life would have continued as usual. Definitely, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world. In any competition, some are to win and some are to lose. Those who lose in a competition will definitely win in others if they are not deterred. That’s just life for you. It is not everyone that writes an examination that passes, some will definitely fail no matter how hard they try.

Are you in any way referring to destiny?
Yeah and in a way. Much as I believe in destiny, I won’t underestimate the power of hardwork and determination to succeed. I will also not look down on boldness as one factor that leads to success. Believe me all of these worked with the support of God for me. No one is able to become anything tangible in life except he or she is helped by God. And if God has destined you for a particular success and you are not the serious and the determined type, you will definitely miss it. It is all about focus and doggedness. If you are easily discouraged about things, you can’t get to the top because nothing good comes easy. You have to be strong minded, strongwilled and very rugged. You must believe in yourself too otherwise, you can disqualify yourself even before you get to the judges.

A lot of ladies who are plussized don’t see life this way?
Yes and that is why they feel inferior, cheated and unhappy with themselves. Life is about accepting yourself and the way life is treating you. That way, you will be able to make the best of life and live happily. There is a reason for everything and if we will endeavour to thank God in all our situations as He has instructed, it will be the best for us. I was not born bid, for instance, but God knew this big size will benefit me one day and He has made it so. If I had gone for one tommy or slimming exercise or even surgery, may be, I would have missed this chance. Full-figure ladies are beautiful and appealing if only we will accept our fate and take time to take good care of ourselves. It is not a sin to be big neither is it a disease. It only shows the reality of our culture. It shows that we are real Africans.

Apart from God, who else do you owe this crown to?
My mother. She has been very encouraging. Even when I was not enthusiastic about the competition, she kept urging me on and I thank God I made her proud.

What would you say of Nigerian men and plus-size ladies?
They love big women and I don’t blame them. They are being African. Which African man doesn’t prefer ladies with big busts and hips? Don’t let us deceive ourselves, they love us. It is now left for us to package ourselves well.

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Your Comment Guys / Nigeria @57:- Happy Independence Day / Thread Of Nairaland's Records By Nastycgolden (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.