Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry (624 Views)

Courts Responsible For Present Sufferings, Hardships, Underdevelopment — NLC / Buratai: Buhari Repaid My Father By Making Me Chief Of Army Staff / Governor Ikpeazu Blames Nnamdi Kanu For Underdevelopment In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Racoon(m): 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nigeria’s Ambassador to Benin Republic, Tukur Buratai, has blamed the federal government’s failure to develop Nigeria as fuelling the Boko Haram insurgency, banditry and other security challenges across the country.

“Any country that does not ensure the development of its people would have security challenges,” Mr Buratai said Friday while delivering a lecture at a convocation ceremony at the Modibbo Adama University in Yola, Adamawa state.

Mr Buratai who also emphasised that the underdevelopment of the North-East was the major factor fuelling insurgency and insecurity in the geopolitical zone, however, said, the military should not be relied “as the only way to resolve our security challenges.”

According to him, “We must address the ideological, economic, social, and political factors. My recent diplomatic foray has further sharpened my views on the urgent need for military, as well as non-military solutions to the lingering and needless conflict.”

Mr Buratai said the security situation required synergy, political will, sacrifice and commitment of government, civil society, traditional rulers and all stakeholders to curtail the sporadic attacks and bring the conflict to a permanent conclusion.

“Central to the argument of this paper is that security and development in the North-East should not be addressed individually but as one intrinsic element and that development is a requirement for stabilisation,” the ambassador said.

He added that Nigeria was bound to continue to suffer more insecurity if she relied only on the military and other instruments of coercion to resolve the Boko Haram insurgency.
https://gazettengr.com/buhari-regimes-underdevelopment-fuelling-insurgency-banditry-says-ambassador-buratai/ Lalasticlala

Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Racoon(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2021
He added that Nigeria was bound to continue to suffer more insecurity if she relied only on the military and other instruments of coercion to resolve the Boko Haram insurgency
Yeah! Nigerian soldiers not trained to fight bandits, Boko Haram(Chief of Defence), neither is it "our Duty To Unravel Boko Haram Sponsors" – Military

So what is the Nigerian military supposed to be doing or it is the defenseless citizens that were supposed to be relied upon to face the insecurity you lots created? Bunch of dumbasses.

It is certain.It only takes a bandit/terrorist to recognise another bandit/terrorist.Incompetency advising another failed and incompetent dunce head.
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by greatiyk4u(m): 1:55am On Oct 23, 2021
Wailing to destroy Nigeria

If PDP government was favourable to you, you wont be online today embarrassing yourself in the name of criticism, atleast people like Reno ran away with their loot and be catching cruise online

Did underdevelopment start today in Nigeria? How many of PDP developmental projects did BUHARI DESTROY? Keep twisting the message until you are called to defend yourself and by then you will start shouting dictatorship
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Maxymilliano(m): 3:38am On Oct 23, 2021
Watch as he will recant in few days to come and claim he was quoted out of context.

Madman
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Watch as they'll call him IPOB for telling their darling daddy the truth
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by sapientia(m): 6:33am On Oct 23, 2021
I don't believe it till he denies it
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by helinues: 6:52am On Oct 23, 2021
Burutai, one of the beneficiaries of the unrest in the country.

He didn't even waste time to terminate his predecessor in order not to be exposed...

Oshi
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Oddfinder: 7:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Nooo mr buratai
General buratai don't be sentimental and emotional.
Kanu and ipob is the problem. They're the terrorists terrorising the country
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2021
Abi my eyes dey pain me ni?
What did I just read?

Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by vedaxcool(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Gazette will always twist the words of people out of context while relying on cowardly idiots with no moral valud to spread their idiocy.

Every security expert will tell you poverty is at the core of most insurgencies and restiveness. Under Jonathan he was told several time poverty is a critical factor on why BH can recruit an young people to fight against Nigerian government. But many idiots around him including the fools who reason the same way Gazette resolves to push lies around convinced him using tribalism and sectionalism that people who do not like him are behind an internationally support Terror group.

Throughout PDP 16 years of pillage poverty grew continuously, it fell only once in 2006 or 05, and then rose astronomically the following year. We
are dealing with a full decade of sowing poverty by government at various levels.

Sadly, PMB social investment came late, too much damage has been done to the society, that the FG attempts in addressing poverty will not have the massive impact desired. More troubling however, is the stupidity of the media in assuming it is the FG sole responsibility to address poverty while in fact States and local government do absolutely nothing.
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by Blackfire(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2021
Burutai must be stuuupid for downgrading our darling president... he must be sacked...

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by realstars: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2021
Banning Anything Good Are Opend Doors For Everything Bad To Takeover. Buhari no try atall.
Re: Buratai: Buhari Regime’s Underdevelopment Fuelling Insurgency, Banditry by AntiBMC(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2021
A failure telling another failure that he has failed. We can't forget in a hurry, all the vile things he did as chief of defence. People clamoured for his removal. Terr0rists.

(1) (Reply)

I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? / The Older Generation Of African Men Are Failed Men / Rivers State: Gov. Seyi Makinde To Flagg-off The 27.1KM Chokocho-igbodo Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.