Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream (728 Views)

Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda / Buhari Has No Third Term Agenda, Fani-kayode Contradicts Falana / 3rd Term Agenda: President Buhari's Supporters Start Movement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by OptimistSky(m): 12:33am On Oct 23, 2021
The Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State and Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio has revealed that his dream to be Governor was almost ruined by the rumuored Third Term Agenda of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The Former Governor said that he almost dropped his Governorship campaigns following reports that Governor's who supported the Third Term move were to return seamlessly to office.

Godswill Akpabio said this on Thursday in Abuja when he unveiled, “Standing Strong,” a book written by former Senate President, Ken Nnamani.

While commending Senator Nnamani for displaying uncommon courage during the crises, the former Senate Minority Leader noted that the author was “the architect of Uncommon Transformation in my state from 2007 to 2015.”

He said Nnamani’s action helped to end the “House boys and girls syndrome from my state,” as a result of the free and compulsory education introduced by his administration; adding that without “Senator Nnamani there wouldn’t have been anything like Uncommon Transformation in Akwa Ibom State.”

“Your Excellency, what you did on that day, when you put up the question for and against Third Term before you colleagues and the Nays had it, gave me the opportunity to become the governor of my state and that brought about Uncommon Transformation in the state,” he declared.

According to him, “I had commenced my governorship campaigns, but when the issue of Third Term Agenda came on board and was gaining grounds like wild fire, I almost dropped my ambition because from what we learnt, all incumbent governors had been promised extra term for their support.

“Sir, when you took that patriotic step with the backing of some of your colleagues, you helped to save our constitutional democracy. You sided with the law and the people and today, you are being celebrated. You were the architect of Uncommon Transformation in my state from 2007 to 2015.”
Read Full Article Here>>>>>
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by OptimistSky(m): 12:34am On Oct 23, 2021
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by jyz200(m): 12:36am On Oct 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by Blackfire(m): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2021
North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by SmartPolician: 6:00am On Oct 23, 2021
Today, the same Obasanjo is pretending to be a good man criticizing Buhari up and down. All politicians are the same and tend to think like the masses when they leave their offices.

The only difference between them is that some are just mean and can use their office against their own people. Example, Hopeless Ozodimgba
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Almost Killed My Dream by haffaze777(m): 6:59am On Oct 23, 2021
God bless Nnamani

(1) (Reply)

AGF Says Political Solution On Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho Not Ruled Out / What SS Biafrans Think about Igbo Biafrans / 2023: Igbo Presidency Or Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.