Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) (4133 Views)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by JAZES(m): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2011
Am just short of words right now and i weep for this
country cry cry cry cry cry cry
FRESH AIR INDEED
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by kayode72: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2011
Rawlings said military coup is done to correct any form of government institution that has lost focus in achieving its set out objectives and aim. That was his understanding when he carried out the coup in Ghana then.

i will have know grouse if this  looting with impunity is being perpetrated by khaki boys, at least i will know that cos they carry guns i will behave.

Now to believe or to be under the illusion that  we are under a democratic dispensation and these idiots thinks they can do whatever they like without giving a rat ass about the general population, these has to stop.

i know at a point something will have to give and i hope we will be able to survive it as a nation.

bloody MOFOs
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by talktrue1(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2011
N11, 145, 200 in allowances described by the RMAFC as non-regular, at the beginning of the tenure.
Basic salary which is N2, 026, 400 for a Senator and N1,985, 212.50 for a Rep, plus a number of regular allowances for vehicle maintenance and fueling, personal assistant, house maintenance, domestic staff, entertainment, utilities, constituency, newspapers and periodicals.
The non-regular allowances include accommodation (N3, 039, 600 for each Senator); furniture allowance (also N3, 039, 600); and vehicle loan (N5, 066, 000)

If all these are being paid for in their allowances, whats the essence of paying them salaries and also N42 million and N45 million for every Rep and Senator respectively as running cost.

The rich get richer
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by Reference(m): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2011
embarassed embarassed Well its Freedom of Information isn't it. Saw it on the front pages at the traffic lights and drove straight by. Wanted to have a good day. Now let's see how the new assembly will react to this knowing we have a few more elected anti establishment figures from opposing parties ala ACN and CPC.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by hostsleek(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2011
I laugh in Spanish grin.

This politician are creating what is called Time Bomb, How can dey solve this country problem if they are so more than comfortable,
They are so comfortable that once they sneeze they fly abroad for medical check up. Instead of promoting our hospitals here in Nigeria.
When budget are allocated they still go about trying to squeeze out big share out of it for them self leaving the project uncompleted.

The Truth About Money Is That Too Much Is Bad If You Don't Work Hard For It. It turns you into a moving criminal accepted by the public that is what our Nigerian politician her.

Just like what Pat Utomi said. Those who are suppose to be armed robbers are now diving into politics that is why dey can do whatever they can to get there.

God Help This Country.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by kasiem(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
Make una dey dia. I'm preparing to vy for the seat come 2015 on the platform of nairaland political party, so they shdn't dare tamper with my future wealth. Na turn by turn.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by humebuloe: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by delicious1(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
Daylight robbery at it's best.
For all y'all weeping, keep at it-maybe the flood of tears will reach Aso Rock.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by AlabaSlim: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
, & kerozin prise dn go heavun
hm as much as i sorpot GEJ,i no go sorprice if anoda Rawlins rice up suna dan i tink
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by AlabaSlim: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
hm in as much as i sorpot GEJ,i no go sorprice if anoda Rawlins rice up suna dan i tink
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by AlabaSlim: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
@EKPOMA
u talk true most nigerians b HYPOCRITES
Wen eee rich al man turn na so den go CHOP klin MOUF
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by MeGaStReEt: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
God help Nigeria
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by safariman(m): 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2011
And they were mad at Sanusi when he called them out
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
Alaba_Slim:

hm in as much as i sorpot GEJ,i no go sorprice if anoda Rawlins rice up suna dan i tink

You no dey the same naija wey people dey celebrate N50 Kerosene? shocked shocked
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by bfire(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
We are wasteful people. See what the speaker earns in Canada and the other things that comes with the office and compare it to 9ja.

The job of Speaker comes with some heavy responsibilities, but there are some enviable perks that go along with it. He or she gets a car and driver, an apartment in Parliament Hill’s Centre Block, a beautiful, 19th-century farmhouse in Gatineau Park, a sizeable budget for entertaining, and a paycheque worth about $233,000.

These people thinks only of today and themselves; nothing more.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by Mariory(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
My Goodness! That is sickening.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by muyiserra: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
Haba na, these not fair at all, we cud build well equipped hospital in the 36states
with very good facility, these alone will create more jobs for nigerians, and if possible
even mk our health system to be free,

we can build good house most especially in the rurals areas, destroy the ugly and ''dirty looking houses''
there and provide a tempory one for the families and good very good european fashion house,
little by little the country will develop, our GDP will rise, our life expentancy will increase,

with these money lot and lot of tins can b done,
to me o a senator should be paid more dan 500k monthly or am i wrong!

it time we see our problems n handle it well rather than spending money unnecessarily

kai am not happy at all
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by redsun(m): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Nigeria is a gangster paradise.Civil nigerians in nigeria are hell based/bound nigerians,while the criminals like gej and david mark live in paradise.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by redsun(m): 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
Lest i forget,what happened to the zamfara peadophile law maker?did he manage to trick his way back to the nigerian house of thieves and perverts for the second time around?
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by scorpio1(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2011
2015, Here i come, I must partake and make good laws while earning good pay in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by ibedun: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2011
Where are the foolish people (150m Nigerians) that are being robbed?
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by zstranger: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^^

Some of them are right here on NL

And the others, well, they are somewhere scamming other people, like their "honorables" in NASS.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by Kanto: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2011
Good for nigerians. Corruption has since been institutionalised making the nation a republic of thieves. But Nigerians deserve what they are getting because tribalism has blinded them to the extent that all they do is abuse each as they do on niaraland while the thieving leaders are busy looting every thing in site. In other countries, like egyp, tunisia etc the internet is used as a platform to mobilise against bad governance which led to the recent revolutions there, in nigeria the internet is used by scoundrels to pollute the space with abuses and tribalism. A people who ignore those who caused their problems and come to the internet to engage in abuses, slurs and tribalism will forever be ruled by thieves who will continue their destruction of nigeria untill there will be nothing left of nigeria.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by MaiSuya(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
ibedun:

Where are the foolish people (150m Nigerians) that are being robbed?

*resignedly*

as we are wont to say, ''we dey campe. . .''  cry  embarassed
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
Mai Suya:

*resignedly*

as we are wont to say, ''we dey campe. . .''  cry  embarassed

One day Monkey go go market e no go come back - one day
Re: Jumbo Pay: Incoming Lawmakers To Earn N338.6 Billion ($2.5 Billion) by delicious1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
And no electricity. Way to go lawmakers.
That money will build power stations nationwide. Oh well, T.I.A (This is Africa).

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigeria Loses N3.7tr On Illegal Bunkering / Malcolm X, Maya Angelou And W.E.B Dubois In Africa - Kwame Nkrumah In Naija(pics / Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.