Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

'it's Not My Time!' - Ronaldo Scoffs At Portugal Retirement Talk. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'it's Not My Time!' - Ronaldo Scoffs At Portugal Retirement Talk. (250 Views)

Fury To Chisora: You Are A Worthy Opponent, Wasted My Time On That Coward Joshua / Juventus Goalkeeper Buffon Dismisses Retirement Talk / Sergio Ramos Scoffs At World Cup Threat Hanging Over Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'it's Not My Time!' - Ronaldo Scoffs At Portugal Retirement Talk. by ominilongest(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2021
The forward has no intention of stepping back from the international stage and believes that he can still claim trophies at Old Trafford

Cristiano Ronaldo has shrugged off suggestions that he could retire from international duty with Portugal.

The forward, who has been one of the stronger sparks to a slow start for Manchester United this season, is fast approaching his 37th birthday.

But even as the years clock up, he says he has no intention of stepping back from the international stage, while adding that he believes that United can still claim trophies at Old Trafford this term.

. "Why? I think it's not my time yet," Ronaldo told Sky Sports News when asked if he was considering international retirement. "It's not what people want, it's what I want.

"It's when I feel that I'm not capable to run, to dribble, to shoot, if the power is gone ... but I still have that stuff so I want to continue because I'm still motivated. It's the main word - [motivated] to do my stuff, to make people happy and my family happy and the fans and myself. I want to put the level even higher.

"You speak about Portugal but in the Champions League I have the most goals, the most wins, assists … everything. But I want to carry on. I like to play football. I feel good to make people happy."

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ronaldo-scoffs-at-portugal-retirement-talk-as-he-aims-for/yp13p4texfwy14qfj3ld4awfo

Re: 'it's Not My Time!' - Ronaldo Scoffs At Portugal Retirement Talk. by xpressionx(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2021
Baba is still fit
Re: 'it's Not My Time!' - Ronaldo Scoffs At Portugal Retirement Talk. by Mightymosco: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2021
Not suprised.,cnt imagine wat football wld av been wtout u..goat

(1) (Reply)

PSG XI Vs RB Leipzig: Predicted Lineup / Gerrard Confirms 'no Ketchup Rule' As He Looks Forward To Facing Liverpool. / Breaking News Man Utd Sack OLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.