Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Should I Take Or Reject This Offer... Urgent Opinion Will Help Me Draw A Conclus - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take Or Reject This Offer... Urgent Opinion Will Help Me Draw A Conclus (672 Views)

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Should I Take This Deal...? I Need Advice Please / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take Or Reject This Offer... Urgent Opinion Will Help Me Draw A Conclus by rickyrex(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2021
A company offered me a job .. salary 75k, no staff bus, no feeding, work hours 7 am to 7pm( a week day and a week night) off is only on Sundays. I stay far from where the company is located, I have to transport myself on a daily basis, I currently work with a company where am been paid 50- 55k, four shifts (7 working hours during the day and 10hours at night with a two days off or a day and half) monthly pack, staff bus, canteen food provided, hmo, pension, and can be told no work today or a week which usually affect our salary as a contract staff.... After years of service you go home empty handed. the new offer is a permanent job, pension and gratuity included. Mind you I have not negotiated for my salary and welfare, was told to come next week. The little information I have about their welfare was given to me by one of their contract staff, but I confirm by myself no staff bus and poor canteen facilities where food are sold to contract staffs. Please I need your advice on what step to follow.
Re: Should I Take Or Reject This Offer... Urgent Opinion Will Help Me Draw A Conclus by Spherical77(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2021
rickyrex:
A company offered me a job .. salary 75k, no staff bus, no feeding, work hours 7 am to 7pm( a week day and a week night) off is only on Sundays. I stay far from where the company is located, I have to transport myself on a daily basis, I currently work with a company where am been paid 50- 55k, four shifts (7 working hours during the day and 10hours at night with a two days off or a day and half) monthly pack, staff bus, canteen food provided, hmo, pension, and can be told no work today or a week which usually affect our salary as a contract staff.... After years of service you go home empty handed. the new offer is a permanent job, pension and gratuity included. Mind you I have not negotiated for my salary and welfare, was told to come next week. The little information I have about their welfare was given to me by one of their contract staff, but I confirm by myself no staff bus and poor canteen facilities where food are sold to contract staffs. Please I need your advice on what step to follow.
I would suggest you remain in your former work if you know you don't plan to spend the rest of your life on any of the job. But if you plan to staying in a firm till God knows when then i would suggest you accept the new offer being a permanent role

However, you can try get accommodation close by the new job to cut cost of transportation and whataview
Re: Should I Take Or Reject This Offer... Urgent Opinion Will Help Me Draw A Conclus by amzee(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2021
Do what suits you

(1) (Reply)

Four Strategies To A Tech Career / Congrats / Automation Engineer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.