Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army (2682 Views)

2023 Polls: Don’t Meddle In Nigeria’s Election – Buhari Warns Foreign Nation / Cameroonian Ambazonia Militants Invade Nigeria, Gun Down 20 In Cross River State / EndSARS: US Soldier Ready To Invade Nigeria To Save His Mom & Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by limeta(f): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
I for one will join the foreign invaders
as long as they not mohammedians

7 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Savie(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

But since you are not Dangote: everything can burn if it can ?
I didn't said i should be dangote. I only said except i have some of valuable like land or house, then of course, i fight for Nigeria.
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by MrSamsung(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
ScamHunter:
No one will fight for Nigeria because no one is willing to die for Nigeria. No one has ever died for Nigeria because no one is a Nigerian. People can die for their tribes but not Nigeria. The only reason Nigeria exists is because it is built on injustice which the Fulani enjoy and cheating which the Yoruba enjoy. If the wealth they steal or share belongs to any of these tribes, there would be no Nigeria. All the people dying are dying for themselves or their tribes. For instance, Ken Saro Wiwa died for his tribe, Ogoni, Abiola, for himself, Gideon Orkah for his tribe and more. When you hear Tinubu for president being chanted by Yoruba, it is the quest to steal for their tribe the way they're watching Fulani steal for theirs. At the end of the day, no one is a Nigerian. We only have a pack of hyena political class stealing wealth from the Eastern region for themselves while their tribesmen rejoice that it is their tribe's turn to steal. So to answer your question, the poor can enlist, not out of patriotism but hunger. But the passion will be lacking and they will as usual flee from assaults as we see when they're confronted by equally armed aggressors. The Germans defended Germany against the allies because they saw Germany as motherland. The Russians also saw Russia as motherland. Nigeria is no-man's land but the whiteman's business venture.

Why did you have to finish everything kpatakpata, not leaving the rest for others to comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by EQRELOADED1: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
Seriously, Nigeria has all it takes to be a great nation. If NYSC corp members were to report to the closest police station in their various indigenous local government areas, where they will be indoctrinated into the security outfit of the country, properly trained in conflict and threat dissolution/resolution, and community patroling/policing, I don't see how the insecurity situation that plagues this country will be much of a protracted situation as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4Jn5rNxoA

TenQ:
Many people blame citizens of Afghanistan for not resisting the Taliban and giving in so easily to them.
The question is:
If a Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, will you be patriotic enough to enlist in the Army and Fight off the invaders.
Do you think it is worth your sacrifice?
Or
Will you be willing to accept any fate that befall you if the foreign invaders take over Nigeria?

Let's have the reasons for your choices!
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Help2020: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

I didn't ask about any tribal land. I ask about Nigeria.

So, if a small country like Togo invade Nigeria and they seem to be winning , you wont join the Army to repel them?
Togo does not even have what it takes to defeat 20 percent of current Nigeria army
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by EQRELOADED1: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
Seriously, Nigeria has all it takes to be a great nation. If NYSC corp members were to report to the closest police station in their various indigenous local government areas, where they will be indoctrinated into the security outfit of the country, properly trained in conflict and threat dissolution/resolution, and community patrolling/policing, I don't see how the insecurity situation that plagues this country will be much of a protracted situation as it is.

TenQ:
Many people blame citizens of Afghanistan for not resisting the Taliban and giving in so easily to them.
The question is:
If a Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, will you be patriotic enough to enlist in the Army and Fight off the invaders.
Or
Will you be willing to accept any fate that befall you if the foreign invaders take over Nigeria?

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by gidgiddy: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

So, if a small country like Togo invade Nigeria and they seem to be winning , you wont join the Army to repel them?

I can never fight for Nigeria, I only believe in Biafra

3 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by loveth360(f): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
I can only fight for Biafra land.

3 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
I'm from Nnewi Anambra state

I will be fighting to death for Nigeria.
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
gidgiddy:

I can never fight for Nigeria, I only believe in Biafra
See how our politicians have destroyed Nigeria!
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
EQRELOADED1:
Seriously, Nigeria has all it takes to be a great nation. If NYSC corp members were to report to the closest police station in their various indigenous local government areas, where they will be indoctrinated into the security outfit of the country, properly trained in conflict and threat dissolution/resolution, and community patrolling/policing, I don't see how the insecurity situation that plagues this country will be much of a protracted situation as it is.

Yes, Nigeria has the potential of being a great Nation, BUT mismanagement by our political office holders will not allow it.
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
Help2020:

Togo does not even have what it takes to defeat 20 percent of current Nigeria army
I know. But lets say it was Ghana or Cameroon, will you join the Army to repel them.

Suppose even Togo was aided by France with Armoured tanks and Fighter Planes, the equation could change. Would you register to fight for the country?
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by funkekemi(f): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
tommy589:
Nigerians are tired.

Sampling opinions of Nigerians outside this platform would expose the lack of interest to defend Nigeria. With how disenchanted the citizens are,Foreign secrets agents need not to stress themselves looking for who to recruit. Majority of Nigerians are willing to sabotage the country for free or a token
like me
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by NothingDoMe: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
limeta:
lol
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Savie:
I didn't said i should be dangote. I only said except i have some of valuable like land or house, then of course, i fight for Nigeria.
How many plots of land or houses is worth your life and limbs?

Do you think that Dangote or Otedola or Tinubu will wait for 1 minutes after the mayhem begins?

2 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by NothingDoMe: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
EQRELOADED1:
Seriously, Nigeria has all it takes to be a great nation. If NYSC corp members were to report to the closest police station in their various indigenous local government areas, where they will be indoctrinated into the security outfit of the country, properly trained in conflict and threat dissolution/resolution, and community patroling/policing, I don't see how the insecurity situation that plagues this country will be much of a protracted situation as it is.

Oga. Make govt force draft NYSC members into police force? Nawa o.

1 Like

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
dasparrow:

Can you blame them? What exactly do we benefit as Nigerians? No electricity, pipe borne water, state of the art affordable hospitals, infrastructure, affordable decent accommodation, etc. Food is at an all time high. Insecurity is at an all time high. The Nigerian international passport is one of the weakest in Africa and Nigerians are required to get visa to almost every country of the world they need to visit or even transit through. Indians, Chinese, Lebanese and Whites are treated better than Nigerians in our own supposed homeland Nigeria. Why is that? Why will I want to die for a country that treats foreigners especially non - Black foreigners better than me yet those of us abroad are not accorded the same treatment by the aforementioned groups should we find ourselves in their respective countries.

Abeg! If you want to go and die for Nigeria good luck. I can never die for or fight for Nigeria because Nigeria does not give a damn about me or the rest of its citizens.
Even though painful, I can only agree with you.
It simply means that we call ourselves giant of Africa for nothing. We don't have what it takes to be a formidable force against external aggressors

1 Like

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Also, anybody who spends the dollar printed by U.S federal reserve is also an American.

Very intelligent of you.
I mean as a local currency!
Which country prints your local currency?
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Bro that's the honest truth. This govt is not helping things at all.
Its so sad. But that is the honest truth!

The nation is so weak because the government has failed woefully.
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Help2020: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

I know. But lets say it was Ghana or Cameroon, will you join the Army to repel them.

Suppose even Togo was aided by France with Armoured tanks and Fighter Planes, the equation could change. Would you register to fight for the country?
Still the countries you mentioned stand no chance against Nigeria.. As for your question yes I will fight..Nigeria belongs to all of us not only the politicians..
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
Help2020:

Still the countries you mentioned stand no chance against Nigeria.. As for your question yes I will fight..Nigeria belongs to all of us not only the politicians..
I am not sure of your claim.

Nigerian Army has been fighting Boko Haram for years now (and these are not even properly trained and equipped soldiers).

Imagine a Boko Haram with Armoured Tanks and Airforce!

2 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Telekinetic: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

You see the way you said it... Almost like you were rehearsing... Bloody Fulani terrorist!

8 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by googlepikins: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

Nigeria is already under attack, Niger and chad bandits and terrorist have been killing people daily in Nigeria. With the help of DSS

1 Like

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
googlepikins:

Nigeria is already under attack, Niger and chad bandits and terrorist have been killing people daily in Nigeria. With the help of DSS
It seems the crop of political leaders we have been having have destroyed this Nation. It's just a pitiful pity!
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Notasyouthink: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:
The question is:
Or

I will rather hang myself than to fight for nigeria. Infact I will even help the enemy to crush nigeria beyond repair.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by kindlyheart: 5:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
even seun and all his amicable mods will not fight for Nigeria talk less of me that have nothing to lose

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Notasyouthink:
I will rather hang myself than to fight for nigeria. Infact I will even help the enemy to crush nigeria beyond repair.
Too bad for our sit tight politicians: but do they care?
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
limeta:
You fit carry AK47?

Its unfortunate how our politician have destroyed this country!
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by TenQ: 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

You are one in a 100,000 Nigerian youth!
Why your stance?
Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Arda1000(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
If it's not about Igboland and Biafra ain't interested

4 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by Notasyouthink: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2021
TenQ:

Too bad for our sit tight politicians: but do they care?
They kill my people at any slightest chance but pamper Fulani herdsmen terrorists and bandits. How I wish that the Cameronian army or Ghanian army will invade nigeria soonest I just join them without asking for a dime.

8 Likes

Re: If A Foreign Nation Invade Nigeria, Will You Be Patriotic To Enlist In The Army by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
I’ll enlist alright!.....In the invading country’s army!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Are We Sure This Young Man Is Tinubu? (pictures) / Peter Obi, Aisha Yesufu, And Other Members Of His Team Arrive In London . / Why Are Northerners Not Protesting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.