Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 (822 Views)

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years / First International Flight Lands In Lagos Airport After 5 Months / Flight Costs To Drop In Asaba ....as Azman Air Begins Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Lionize: 1:00pm On May 02, 2022
This a flight from Sweden to Germany ( 2 hrs trip). I don't think the aircraft is running on water, neither do any of the countries have oil and gas.
But Port Harcourt to Lagos (1 hr flight) is more than $100. It is well. Somebody somewhere now will say the comparison is not healthy, then let me know how it should be.

1 Like

Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by chizzypresh(f): 1:05pm On May 02, 2022
sad sad
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by ednut1(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2022
Lionize:
This a flight from Sweden to Germany ( 2 hrs trip). I don't think the aircraft is running on water, neither do any of the countries have oil and gas.
But Port Harcourt to Lagos (1 hr flight) is more than $100. It is well. Somebody somewhere now will say the comparison is not healthy, then let me know how it should be.
these countries have trade agreements, airline alliances , more flights and better government regulations . Unlike Nigeria and africa where things are backward. Was in Nigeria recently and I spent 100k on flight to a Uyo. To say i was disappointed is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2022
This is even expensive, you can fly from London to Dublin for £10, a journey of an hour plus few minutes

2 Likes

Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Lionize: 1:32pm On May 02, 2022
justwise:
This is even expensive, you can fly from London to Dublin for £10, a journey of an hour plus few minutes
It's appalling to say the least. Now to travel by road is a nightmare due to insecurity, they want to hold air passengers by the jugular too. I weak.
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by hisgrace090: 1:36pm On May 02, 2022
We Nigerians are naturally greedy.
This is how they hiked prices of goods from 2021 till now to what everyone is suffering today.
Just a rumour of of one selling at higher rate is enough for others to joyously hike theirs with joy.

A trader on hearing that govt may increase the price of fuel replied, I cares not if they try I will increase the prices of my goods.
Prices of goods have changed more than 10 times but civil servant salaries remain same.
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2022
Lionize:

It's appalling to say the least. Now to travel by road is a nightmare due to insecurity, they want to hold air passengers by the jugular too. I weak.

I paid that silly money last Dec -Abuja to Imo state, the same Dec i paid just under £50 for a flight from Dublin to London and i booked the flight the same day, my flight from Abuja to Imo was booked a month in advance

1 Like

Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Lionize: 2:12pm On May 02, 2022
hisgrace090:
We Nigerians are naturally greedy.
This is how they hiked prices of goods from 2021 till now to what everyone is suffering today.
Just a rumour of of one selling at higher rate is enough for others to joyously hike theirs with joy.

A trader on hearing that govt may increase the price of fuel replied, I cares not if they try I will increase the prices of my goods.
Prices of goods have changed more than 10 times but civil servant salaries remain same.
That is the worst part of this whole thing, the salary earners bear the brunt. Then every other person expects the civil servant to remain 100% loyal to the govt, when He doesn't have the holy Spirit living in him or her? Mehn, the country is getting tough daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Lionize: 2:13pm On May 02, 2022
justwise:

I paid that silly money last Dec -Abuja to Imo state, the same Dec i paid just under £50 for a flight from Dublin to London and i booked the flight the same day, my flight from Abuja to Imo was booked a month in advance
And they claim they have a valid reason for this hike.
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Nobody: 12:02am On May 03, 2022
Greed actually
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by yesloaded: 9:44am On May 03, 2022
justwise:

Honestly it's not funny

Flying economy class is now luxury in this country
Re: International Flight Costs Less Than N10,000 by Lionize: 11:12am On May 03, 2022
yesloaded:

Honestly it's not funny

Flying economy class is now luxury in this country

Of course, just being in the air. I was heartbroken when last week a young businessman in Kogi who travels to Cotonou was kidnapped and killed after payment of ransom on his way back by road. The bad part is that he used to fly, but this time just decided to travel by road. Travelling by road is now such a big risk in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Date Of Birth Issues. / A Strange Number Threatened Me About GRE Materials / Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.