Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change (511 Views)

NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) / Workers Who Paused Work To Watch Peter Obi Speak In Chatham (Pictures) / North Vs Igbos: Why Nigeria Won't Survive Yoruba Presidency In 2023- Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:30am On Oct 24, 2021
I made this assertion many many years ago.

Change will begin in earnest the day Western Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria learn to speak in one voice.

Sadly, the Easterners as of this moment will rather have it another way.

The West has for long allied with the North and for good reasons. The West is the most strategic region in all of Nigeria. Being strategists themselves the Westerners understand that there is a lot to be gained by allying with the North. First the North needs the West for commerce. The West fears the North due to their numbers. So a symbiotic relationship seems to serve the purpose for the moment.

Unfortunately, the North has nothing but hatred for the East. The West fears the East, because they are aggressors. Westerners are not known for being particularly aggressive. Westerners like to point and kill from a distance. The East also has capacity for industry. For as long as the East continue to remain in a position of political minority and with the Alliance of the North, the West is content to accommodate the East if for nothing but their industrial astuteness.

However, being who they are, potentially domineering and arrogant, the East has already started to attempt to lay claim to things that do not belong to them. The very reason why the North has deep seated hatred for them. You know their is one thing I dislike about the East. They will shit on your turf but will regard it as an insult when you so same in return. They will even go so far as to play the victim card on you. They will literally poke you in the eye and scream to the high heavens when you avenge yourself. That is who the East is.

Now that we have a Northern aggressor who is threatening even the North itself, the West is beginning to consider that their alliance with the North may have have outlived its usefulness. The time is now for the East to rethink its priorities and get to the table with the West.

The West and the East fears the North. But the North fears a Western and Eastern coalition more. They know that the moment we get together to speak in one voice, one accord...its almost all over. Why else do you think the Niger - Nigerian commerce is being expedited.

Come to an accord with the West and be honorable enough to live up to their own words. Do not for benefit of self seek to undermine that alliance by going to the North through the back door as your backstabbing forefathers did.

You will only meet with the fangs of the North. The North will never go against the West. They know it is not in their best interest.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 24, 2021
And that’s outrightly impossible

How do you expect the learned West to align with the East that preach hate? People who play politics of bitterness!

The idea of a West-Eastern alliance is fiction. Rather, the East need to diplomatically push for Biafra and not all this child’s play, cos that the only way they can start afresh. Presently, if we must face facts squarely, Tye East have no place in Nigeria again. They have sowed too much hate.

Hate that would materialize to Xenophobia even in the eventuality that they get Biafra. They have got it all wrong, and the West will never align with that.

3 Likes

Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Justpassingby45(m): 2:58am On Oct 24, 2021
The mean problem are the Yoruba"s, you can argue this to eternity but they are the once

2 Likes

Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by waldigit: 3:17am On Oct 24, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Change will begin in earnest the day Western Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria learn to speak in one voice.

The West has for long allied with the North and for good reasons. The West is the most strategic region in all of Nigeria. Being strategists themselves the Westerners understand that there is a lot to be gained by allying with the North. First the North needs the West for commerce. The West fears the North due to their numbers. So a symbiotic relationship seems to serve the purpose for the moment.

Unfortunately, the North has nothing but hatred for the East. The West fears the East, because they are aggressors. Westerners are not known for being particularly aggressive. Westerners like to point and kill from a distance. The East also has capacity for industry. For as long as the East continue to remain in a position of political minority and with the Alliance of the North, the West is content to accommodate the East if for nothing but their industrial astuteness.

However, being who they are, potentially domineering and arrogant, the East has already started to attempt to lay claim to things that do not belong to them. The very reason why the North has deep seated hatred for them. You know their is one thing I dislike about the East. They will shit on your turf but will regard it as an insult when you so same in return. They will even go so far as to play the victim card on you. They will literally poke you in the eye and scream to the high heavens when you avenge yourself. That is who the East is.

Now that we have a Northern aggressor who is threatening even the North itself, the West is beginning to consider that their alliance with the North may have have outlived its usefulness. The time is now for the East to rethink its priorities and get to the table with the West.

The West and the East fears the North. But the North fears a Western and Eastern coalition more. They know that the moment we get together to speak in one voice, one accord...its almost all over. Why else do you think the Niger - Nigerian commerce is being expedited.

Come to an accord with the West and be honorable enough to live up to their own words. Do not for benefit of self seek to undermine that alliance by going to the North through the back door as your backstabbing forefathers did.

You will only meet with the fangs of the North. The North will never go against the West. They know it is not in their best interest.
As long as people can still make 9 million naira monthly from politics, it's going to be so difficult.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by benuejosh: 4:40am On Oct 24, 2021
Until the East is united and the hatred stopped, they can't get what they want.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Danjikanbauchi: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2021
It will be easier for Camel to pass through the eyes of a pin than Yoruba and Igbo speak in one voice, when you have the like of Yoruba Muslim like Tinubu, who will protect the Fulani terrorists groups and shift blame to Igbos by asking where is the cow ? When you have the likes of fashola who will never site a single project to the East as a minister of works.

2 Likes

Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Obindigbo: 6:39am On Oct 24, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

How can you align with someone you call an aggressor , after all the names you called them here, you still want to alighn with them, wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Staypositive: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2021
benuejosh:
Until the East is united and the hatred stopped, they can't get what they want.

Ma Gee

Yes let the East unit and allow the rag tag fulanis terrorist to fulanis igbo land...
Now I know the reason why fulanis are killing People in benue na Because mugus like you full benue...
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by benuejosh: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2021
Staypositive:

Ma Gee

Yes let the East unit and allow the rag tag fulanis terrorist to fulanis igbo land...
Now I know the reason why fulanis are killing People in benue na Because mugus like you full benue...
E Pain am. grin
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by Japhtee(m): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

With the tone of your writing we know who has deep rooted hatred. When I saw your headline I was quick to open thinking someone responsible is saying something finally but how disappointed I am that is full of hate and blame towards Igbos.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by NyamiriSlayer(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2021
Yoruba uniting with yeebows, it can never be possible
This trash needs to be moved to joke section
There will never be any unity between we yoruba and nyamiris, not in this life and also next life
Yorubas say no to southern unity
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2021
Japhtee:

With the tone of your writing we know who has deep rooted hatred. When I saw your headline I was quick to open thinking someone responsible is saying something finally but how disappointed I am that is full of hate and blame towards Igbos.

No one is blaming anyone. The fact that you think ibos are being blamed only leaves a question - Why do you think ibos are being blamed?

No one is blaming anyone. At least I wasn't. I was just saying the truth as it is.

The fact that you find the truth repugnant is exactly the reason why nothing is going to change.

Instead of actually seeing it for what it is, we prefer to pretend like all is normal. There is nothing normal about anything.

I alluded to many things in my post.

The West is timid.
The North is power hungry and will do anything to seize it.
The West and the East are afraid of the threat in Numbers of the North
The North still tolerates the West because it is strategic for them
The North is not in good terms with the East. Everybody knows that
I also alluded to the Easts industriousness - a positive that you conveniently ignored.

You did not pick any of those facts

Instead the only thing you saw was the fact that I alluded that the East were aggressors.

And in typical fashion, you hurriedly concluded that it was hate speech. I have been careful to make references regional. But you had to go and mention the one tribe. Are ibos the only ones in the East?

Need I say anything more
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
NyamiriSlayer:
Yoruba uniting with yeebows, it can never be possible
This trash needs to be moved to joke section
There will never be any unity between we yoruba and nyamiris, not in this life and also next life
Yorubas say no to southern unity

But a Southern Unity is the only way for Nigeria

The North knows this. The only people who do not know are the West and the East. Which is very ironic and tragic

The North knows. You watch their reactions anytime a meeting between both sides is announced. The North stops and pays attention. Because they know that a favorable outcome means a step closer to their worst nightmare - a United front that can mount a direct challenge to their "right of power"

Its the only way for Nigeria right now.

We cannot deny the industrious astuteness of the East.

Yes they have their peculiarities but we can work out ways to make our strengths work for each other.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:
And that’s outrightly impossible

How do you expect the learned West to align with the East that preach hate? People who play politics of bitterness!

The idea of a West-Eastern alliance is fiction. Rather, the East need to diplomatically push for Biafra and not all this child’s play, cos that the only way they can start afresh. Presently, if we must face facts squarely, Tye East have no place in Nigeria again. They have sowed too much hate.

Hate that would materialize to Xenophobia even in the eventuality that they get Biafra. They have got it all wrong, and the West will never align with that.

But what do you do about the North.

Right now the North is too powerful to be ignored.

If the East gets Biafra, both regions are endangered.

The West will fall first. You see that education you think we have. It is the one thing that will be our greatest nemesis.

After the West, then Biafra.

What then. The North wins

For the sake of both regions....that alliance is the only way to go.
Re: Until The West And The East Learn To Speak In One Voice...nigeria Won't Change by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Justpassingby45:
The mean problem are the Yoruba"s, you can argue this to eternity but they are the once

The main problem is the fingers we are both pointing now.

Not the West. Neither is it the East.

And isnt it funny. that people are quick to mention tribes.

So far all I have been doing is referencing regions.

You guys are calling tribes. Yoruba's are not the only ones in the West you know. Their are ibos in the West too. Born and raised in the West.

If the Yoruba nation ever comes up, these ones have the right to claim nationality of the Yoruba nation. Because they were born on that soil.

What then are we now saying.

Are we saying because you are Yoruba or Ibo, you should not do what is in the collective interest of everyone around you, regardless of tribe?

Let me shock you.

At least 30% of constituent ibos in the West will remain in the West should Biafra happen.

(1) (Reply)

(video)the New Construction Ekosodin Road In Edo State / Father Kills Son For Money Ritual In Enugu / BREAKING! #endsars, Trouble In Aso Rock As Over 76,400 People Sign Petition To J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.