Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) (42578 Views)

Yusuf Datti Demonstrates How To Vote For Labour Party In Hausa (video). / It Is Over For Obaseki As Yakubu Dogara Dumps Him / Yakubu Gowon Slumps At Burial Of David Akpodiete Ejoor In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by NairaOcean: 3:16pm On Feb 22
On Wednesday, February 21st, 2024, something surprising happened on TV. The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) was showing a live program with Yakubu Gowon, a former leader. At 5:30 pm, during the show, things got tense.

NTA asked Gowon to speak Hausa, a language he didn't want to use. Gowon is good at speaking English, which he preferred. But NTA kept insisting, even though Gowon said no. Then, without warning, NTA suddenly stopped the program. People watching were confused and upset. They went on social media to talk about it.

People are now talking about why this happened and if it was right. They want NTA to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_3OBMC6Ek

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Racoon(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22
How can NTA force a former military HOS to address the nation in the hausa language?

279 Likes 25 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Solofresh2: 3:38pm On Feb 22
😂

3 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Maize247(f): 3:47pm On Feb 22
Ok

1 Like

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by ERockson: 3:48pm On Feb 22
That's bad of NTA

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22
Man be wondering what he gained in that nonsenstical Biafran war.
You are killing my people, you are still forcing me to speak your language.
Even the future is not bright for my people.

What kind of subjugation is this?

253 Likes 23 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by alsudan: 3:56pm On Feb 22
Its easy to understand what played out.

Thiefnibuu is becoming desperate after being openly thrown under the bus by the North who he depends on for votes.

He brings in Gowon for a propaganda job, so they can circulate the tape in the North, hence the need for the General to speak Hausa.

But the old soldier was too wise for them and rejected their plot. grin

Even Thiefnibuu knows his days in that office are numbered.

312 Likes 33 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by gaby(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22
NTA- Northern Television Authority.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22
This is really bad.. But i thought Gowon was Hausa.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by NairalandForumo: 4:26pm On Feb 22
N-orthern T-elevision A-uthority

Ttipsy:
This does not make sense

Abi does NTA have only Hausa viewers ?
Other tribes are watching

Sorry to say but nothing might happen, the northerners believe they own NTA, have you have heard the song they play before they read news?
The song sounds so northern like....

Look at the color of NTA logo, looks so like northern colors

Ben Bruce came and rebranded all that when he was DG of NTA, changed the logo and color to a fine logo with blue, then made NTA 24 hours, they even stopped playing that northern sound before the news, the camera and recording quality improved that NTA started winning awards and competing with private stations, people who even hated NTA started watching NTA because he brought in new programs too, guess what?

when he was removed as DG, they reversed almost everything he did, it was like they even went and brought the old cameras and started using because the picture quality became poor, the logo was changed back and the northern sound was now played before the news.

Till date NTA has remained like a relic channel, the only thing they kept was the 24 hours broadcast....

238 Likes 19 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Maks27: 4:27pm On Feb 22
A former Military Head of State for that matter
Nigeria has gone down the drain

SMH

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Ttipsy(f): 4:27pm On Feb 22
This does not make sense

Abi does NTA have only Hausa viewers ?
Other tribes are watching

11 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by SuperOnyi: 4:36pm On Feb 22
shocked

I wonder how Mr. Gowon feels about the state of the same country that the British used him to "unite" by starving millions of innocent kids to death.

Does he suffer from PTSD or depression whenever he remembers how he broke the Aburi Accord or the traumatizing pictures of the starving Biafran kids?

May God help us live a life with less regrets so we can transition to the other side with that peace that comes to your soul when you remember that you spent your time on Earth fighting the right cause.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Anguldi(m): 4:44pm On Feb 22
Gazelle gragra tongue

Jagaba ya jamu GABA sosai undecided

Karya ne angry

Dan shegiya embarassed

Muna Jiran sa Dara dara

15 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by blaquemyc: 4:44pm On Feb 22
NTA is a very disorganized entity. Very anyhow station.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by christejames(m): 4:57pm On Feb 22
Hausa think they own Nigeria 🇳🇬

grin grin grin grin grin

Gowon is another willing tool though!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by alpharoyalty: 4:58pm On Feb 22
When we say Nigeria is a federal Republic of fulani you will think we just made it up.
Go to any federal ministry and establishment and see for yourself. The way they destroyed nnpc is the same way they have destroyed nta.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by mytime24(f): 5:05pm On Feb 22
Mayb tinubu no give am better brown envelope ✉️

So he can talk/calm his people with hausa 🤔
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by thesolutions(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22
Langtang people will never publicly agree that they are Hausas or know how to speak it.
It was an attempted media coup against Gowon and the people of langtang in plateau state. They have ditched Hausa language long ago. They are Tarok people. Not Hausa.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Googledotcom: 5:22pm On Feb 22
If I were to speak my language, how many people will understand what I'm saying. ? NTA really messed up.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by AVECDEO: 6:11pm On Feb 22
What effrontery !!!

What exactly is happening in this country?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Rahkman: 6:12pm On Feb 22
SpecialAdviser:

What kind of subjugation is this
grin grin

7 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Sctests: 6:16pm On Feb 22
SpecialAdviser:

Na die him dey. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Allsmilez999: 6:17pm On Feb 22
If not that you are rich and well known,, you yourself know wetin those terrorists for do you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Sctests: 6:17pm On Feb 22
SpecialAdviser:

Na die him dey.

Dem no born Gowon well to try this stunt during Buhari's regime. The man must be living in heavy regret. Hausa use am play kalo kalo...grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Lovenorth: 6:22pm On Feb 22
Ebipayuwoooo

2 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by RepoMan007: 6:22pm On Feb 22
Racoon:
How can NTA force a former military HOS to address the nation in the hausa language?
These people have seized he key ministries and are hausanizing the country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by veekid(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22

this entity called Nigeria has no business as one. Make everybody go their own way abeg

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Julibet: 6:22pm On Feb 22
People still watch NTA?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by bonechamberlain(m): 6:24pm On Feb 22
angry

2 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:24pm On Feb 22
Hausa is the lingua franca

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fateema Ganduje And Ajibola Ajimobi Are A Non-virtuous Couple – Kwankwaso / BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC / How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.