Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? (301 Views)

How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife / How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? by Quitam: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2021
Fellow NLers,
I've had cause recently to stay in the southern part of the country. One thing I noticed is the high humidity. Being used to dry air, I find it difficult adapting to this new change. Please how do you manage the following:
1. I noticed that if one leaves articles for some few days, molds form on the clothes. It makes them smell and sometimes cause permanent damage. Same thing with wood too. How do I prevent/minimise this?

2. Food stuff like sugar, salt and maggi melt away despite being in closed containers. I know that it is their delinquiscence that is playing out there scientifically. But how do i prevent it

3. Beans tends to be more vulnerable to weevil attacks here relative to up north. How do preserve it?

I look forward to getting tips from you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? by lilvicky68(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2021
E be like say you go go back to the north..
Re: How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:37am On Oct 24, 2021
I had same difficulty adjusting to the weather and dampness here in the south when I left north in 2012, so many new, weird and interesting way of life one had to adjust to, at a point I felt home(north) sick and I'm not even from there smiley

1) To avoid moulds, dont fold so many clothes and jampack them together, always hang them separately and leave your wardrobe open so that your clothes can breathe fresh air.

For sugar, either grounded or cubes, get a jar to put them in to prevent ants, for melting, store in a cool dry place.

3) For beans, store them in a covered plastic bowl(if they are in large quantity) or a ziplock in your fridge or deep freezer to prevent weavil infestation.

Life here is not that bad sha, but it won't be as easy as it is up north, sannu da zuwa smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage A Humid Environment? by Quitam: 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Biglittlelois:
I had same difficulty adjusting to the weather and dampness here in the south when I left north in 2012, so many new, weird and interesting way of life one had to adjust to, at a point I felt home(north) sick and I'm not even from there smiley

1) To avoid moulds, dont fold so many clothes and jampack them together, always hang them separately and leave your wardrobe open so that your clothes can breathe fresh air.

For sugar, either grounded or cubes, get a jar to put them in to prevent ants, for melting, store in a cool dry place.

3) For beans, store them in a covered plastic bowl(if they are in large quantity) or a ziplock in your fridge or deep freezer to prevent weavil infestation.

Life here is not that bad sha, but it won't be as easy as it is up north, sannu da zuwa smiley

Thanks for the tips, sister. It's not been easy here o. The dilemma is whenever i travel I'll have to close windows to avoid rain entering my place. This definitely deprives the room of fresh air. Na so i leave my well starched cap, now it has changed color ;DI'll just have to continue managing my life laidis

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Common Sleep Problem Young Adults Should Be Aware Of / Don’t Just Cry Brother. Enlarge Your Capacity. / DECLUTTERS !!! We Buy And Sell Neat Used Items.e G. Office Items ,homes And Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.