Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover (951 Views)

Toyota Sequoya 1.75m Buyer Settles 50k Portharcourt 08163157823 / Camry For Sale 850k Net. Chilling Ac. Portharcourt 08163157823 / GPS Car Tracker Installation In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by Gaddafi1: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2021
Fellow Nairalanders, being alive today is a big blessing after I narrowly escaped an accident on newly built Artillery flyover in Portharcourt. Driving on the flyover last week only to see an open manhole and I quickly swerved my car to avoid it. Only a split second of misjudgement would have resulted in my tyre going into the hole. I had to turn back to take these pictures so that hopefully the government can do something about it.

Come to think of it, why will Julius Berger design a manhole on a major bridge when everyone is aware that scavengers will remove this precious metal, sell to make money. Soluttion for now may be to weld it to make removal difficult.

Actually the guys doing this act get mind sha, a case of man's inhumanity to man.

Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by TarOrfeeek: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2021
Hausa Fulani Iron Condemn.

Those guys are responsible for all the metal objects theft happening in major cities.

Infact some neighborhood have banned them from entering inside their community.

From picking Lacasera bottles, they'll stylishly thief generator and even goats.

1 Like

Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by Mrkumareze(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2021
I hope you aren't blaming the company nor the government .... The ABOKIS are responsible for all dis disaster ... the ones in my state has all been removed and sold by them...

3 Likes

Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by Gaddafi1: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Consider that these manholes can be located away from the middle of the road. Of course the criminal takes the blame but engineers are trained to come up with better design to solve man's problem (in this case, prevent theft of the manhole). About 8 of them are in the middle of the road and if nothing is done then a major accident simply at the corner.
Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by cletz991(m): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lol Benin city own go reach 20 angry
Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by Gaddafi1: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
cletz991:
Lol Benin city own go reach 20 angry

Are they at the center of the road or at the corner. Funny enough, people have learnt to avoid them but a visitor to the city may not be lucky.
I narrowly escaped a fatal accident in PHC.
Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by cletz991(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2021
Centre of the road all of them .there's are about four open holes in GRA here .those holes can swallow a 6 year old kid

Pathetic
Gaddafi1:

Are they at the center of the road or at the corner. Funny enough, people have learnt to avoid them but a visitor to the city may not be lucky.
I narrowly escaped a fatal accident in PHC.
Re: Open Manhole On Portharcourt Flyover by Gaddafi1: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
cletz991:
Centre of the road all of them .there's are about four open holes in GRA here .those holes can swallow a 6 year old kid

Pathetic

Since we cannot stop these scavengers from taking the manhole coves, there should be a better design or carry out complete welding on them.

(1) (Reply)

W163 Vs W164 Mbenz: Which One Is Better? / Toyota Corolla S With Balance Problem / Toyota Camry Sport (muscle) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.