Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee (26165 Views)

MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account / #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Suspends State Functions For Three Days / Sanwo-Olu Suspends Bamidele Balogun For Imposing 5% Levy On Digital Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by kunle75(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
Geestarry:
It's simply a case of corruption that has eaten deep into systems.

Its only in Nigeria this type of shit happens.

As am typing this message today 10/24/2021,I will be taking my Pfizer booster shot in the next hour for free,I don't even know who we offend self.
SMH

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by abeggnow: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
Geestarry:
very deep. and yet the state government is making it sound like the guy was doing travelers a favor. main while a payment system that millions was paid for is not working well.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Bigchristo: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
hisexcellency34:
By Olasunkanmi Akoni

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/covid-19-lagos-suspends-staff-over-misconduct-in-pcr-test-payments-arrangement-for-inbound-passengers/
Nigeria is center of corruption, any small opportunity they use it to extort people

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by seyz91(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
you smart
AJOBI77:
"Fall guy"
They had to trade him away

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by ogododo: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by abeggnow: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
southniyikaye:
Did anyone notice that for the past 6yrs, not even one person, not from the senate, house of reps, civilians not even our learnt SANS have talked about impeaching buhari?

What is really going on? Are all these going on in Nigeria not worth impeachment?
Is buhari really that hard to impeach?
you are a funny dude. how can a group of thieves try to get rid of another thief with more power. U should understand that almost everybody in Nigeria is so corrupt that there is always something you can use against any opposition.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Yankee101: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
How about the naira amount charged versus the over blasted exchange rate, even if they were using black market rates?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by PGKing1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Take them to court! But Abeg where can I buy vaccine card? Asking for a patient cool

Still your #1 plug for Original Backwoods in naija check my sig

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by esti98: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Validated:

LASG should stop lieing, this is just nedia blitz. They, LASG made the portal non-functional, so that travellers have no options than to come to MMIA and pay cash. Nowhere in the world do people pay cash at the aurport for PCR test, except Nigeria. No where else on Earth.
FAAN should investigate the scam. When my wife travelled I processed her payment, but could not print receipt. Fortunately, I made screenshot. When she got to MMIA, they refused to accept phone screenshot. Unkmown to them she also had the printed screenshot. They initially started their shenanigan. So, she called me and I told the officer that if she collects any money I will go public. The next I learnt was that they sent her to VI instead of Ikeja we selected for the test
Nigeria is eternally corrupt. The only country you land and have to pay for trolley. They charge people coming into Bigeria money to use trolley, whereas your ticket already includes airport fee. Thieves!

The only country you land and have to pay for trolley. This got me. Very annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by 36STATES: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Validated:

LASG should stop lieing, this is just nedia blitz. They, LASG made the portal non-functional, so that travellers have no options than to come to MMIA and pay cash. Nowhere in the world do people pay cash at the aurport for PCR test, except Nigeria. No where else on Earth.
FAAN should investigate the scam. When my wife travelled I processed her payment, but could not print receipt. Fortunately, I made screenshot. When she got to MMIA, they refused to accept phone screenshot. Unkmown to them she also had the printed screenshot. They initially started their shenanigan. So, she called me and I told the officer that if she collects any money I will go public. The next I learnt was that they sent her to VI instead of Ikeja we selected for the test
Nigeria is eternally corrupt. The only country you land and have to pay for trolley. They charge people coming into Bigeria money to use trolley, whereas your ticket already includes airport fee. Thieves!

The country has no remedy except division.
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by FA13(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Validated:

Abeg stop! Is theirs the only network that is always down? We book flight online, why can we not we not pay for PCR online?

They will deliberately make the official method hard to use so that you will not have any other alternative than to us their fabricated method.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by mastertek: 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
So you are not informed toooo?
What is the difference between Buhari & your house of rep, Senate?

So funny, is like telling Yahoo boy to call police to arrest an armrobber

southniyikaye:
Did anyone notice that for the past 6yrs, not even one person, not from the senate, house of reps, civilians not even our learnt SANS have talked about impeaching buhari?

What is really going on? Are all these going on in Nigeria not worth impeachment?
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by gadgethead: 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
southniyikaye:

That's because they are all cash & carry politicians. They are not there for the betterment of Nigeria, but to gluttonously eat everything they can lay their filthy hands on
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Lordofistanbul: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
God go expose them all including that devilish black immigration woman .
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by tsdarkside(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
Geestarry:

corruption is everywhere in the world....corruption is in the human beings dna....

important is to immediatly punish anybody when it happens....
this is how whites manage theirs....
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by dasparrow: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
Very good! I am glad Gov. Sanwu-Olu suspended the individual. I am tired of Nigeria and corruption.
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by highoctane: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
southniyikaye:

They are patiently waiting for their turn
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by chaloskyx: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
ABEGI WHICH YEYE SUSPENSION HES PROBABLY ONE OF TINUBUS BOYS COLLECTING ON BEHALF OF THEIR OGA
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by iamdapsyj(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Geestarry:

Nonsense!! They even failed to address the excess 1,500 or something paid to that private account...

Chaiii corruption everywhere!!!
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by shegun4sur: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Validated:

Nigeria is cursed
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by watchindelta(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
The state government is even talking much rubbish as if they are doing Nigerians good by paying money to individual account! aba even over charging them.
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by hidee20(m): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Yankee101:
How about the naira amount charged versus the over blasted exchange rate, even if they were using black market rates?

It is absurd how the official statement avoid that issue totally, tells a lot how the government overburden it's citizens.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Makinaki: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
raphy:
Ok
But my Liverpool are winning 4-0

Your Liverpool? Your Liverpool indeed. Abeg which part of that city called Liverpool you from come o? Merseyside? Bootle? Wirral? You blacks never cease to amaze with your inferiority complex and colonial mentality. Person go dey Ajegunle, Ajangbadi or Ijedodo dey say him Liverpool, him Liverpool upandan. Unshackle your mind and emancipate yourself from mental slavery, bro.
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Lovenorth: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
LeeSantos:
Lagos, A country within a country.
Blacks and greed are inseparable.
It is always good to travel out of your enclave
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
You were on point until you veered off to cite example of collection of fees for the use of trolley as a fraud. If you have travelled far and wide, you will know that trolley fees are charged at many airports around the world. (YYZ in Toronto and LHR, Heathrow do not charge any fee, however JFK in NY will charge $6, and IAH, Houston will charge you $5).

Validated:

Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by LeeSantos(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lovenorth:

It is always good to travel out of your enclave
Why are you so bittered. If I choose to remain here is your your staying spirit? Which other state in Nigeria do you want to compare with Lagos?
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by chriscrosss(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Will they say they dont know before... Yeye country with fake leaders.. Soro some people..take pics and expose them all..
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by SilvanusII(m): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
Suspends àbí sack and prosecute and jail Una never ready
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by nairavsdollars(f): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
Magic was only suspended. Same with Abba kyari
SilvanusII:
Suspends àbí sack and prosecute and jail Una never ready
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Abidecdrock(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
E-suspension though payment before departure makes you spend less time at the airport after arrival
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by Doctortyre: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Everyone at that airport are so corrupt, All they want is money money ... Make this covid thing just go finish because I no any money I want dash the government for test ...
Re: Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee by raphy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Makinaki:

Your Liverpool? Your Liverpool indeed. Abeg which part of that city called Liverpool you from come o? Merseyside? Bootle? Wirral? You blacks never cease to amaze with your inferiority complex and colonial mentality. Person go dey Ajegunle, Ajangbadi or Ijedodo dey say him Liverpool, him Liverpool upandan. Unshackle your mind and emancipate yourself from mental slavery, bro.

This one is high with tram n crystal meth mix with codeine n weed .
Get well soon .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hanifa: Wife Of Self-Confessed Killer Testifies Against Him In Court / DSS May Arrest APC's Ambode Over Criminal Conduct In Lagos / Video Of President Buhari Watching And Waiting To Be Announced As Winner By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.