Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

What I Expect From Northern Youths/people - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Expect From Northern Youths/people (330 Views)

2023 Presidential Election Results From Northern Nigeria / 2023: Northern Youths Endorse Tinubu, Carpet El-rufai Over Zoning / Northern Youths Issue Buhari 30-day Ultimatum To Implement Ruga Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by Gentlerespect76: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
I earlier expressed my angst against the attitude of northern youths and populace in one of my earlier responses to a post by one Mrs Tambuwal thanking God over a safe trip by train from Kaduna to Abuja. As I told a Nairaland brother who wanted to know why I sounded acerbic, that my response was actually a collateral damage. What do I mean?

It's no longer news that Nigeria is passing through a life threatening phase in its life. All thanks to the leadership at the centre. President Buhari has failed this nation so hopelessly. While a good proportion of northern elders and politicians are not ready to upset the cart, the silence of northern youths and populace is vexatious, honestly. If you are in Lagos and other parts of southern Nigeria you would not understand. These youths are so hypocritical and shameful, they will be complaining and mourning but the moment they sight you as a southerner approaching, they will dish hand and bring out kerchief to wipe the tears, putting up a bold happy face; just anything so you don't see their tears of frustration by the leadership of someone they insulted and bullied others so that he can assume power in 2015.

You can't tell me shit about one Nigeria and you couldn't possibly match my nationalistic fervour; I swear! But this administration has killed this country without a sufficient outcry from northerners even though they are suffering the stupidity of this administration the most, for they are the worst hit! I live in their midst and I know them.

It's disheartening that up till now, northern youths are still timid. How can I suffer a timid northern girl to enjoy sympathy in peace. Do you by any sweep of the imagination think I would have been hard on that girl woman had she even added the faintest complain of at least asking government to do something about the pervasive insecurity? Noooo, I would have shown her some sympathy because as a person, I don't preach hate against others but if you wish me hate you get same back.

What am I advocating? It's simple: the north must join the southern youths to weep together. They should stop pretending all is well, demonizing those who complain openly but crying in secrecy! Enough of that. They should cry in synergy with their southern brothers, cementing the bonds of unity in suffering and knowing fully well that crying endures until dawn but joy cometh in the morning.
Addendum:
I wish to thank my newfound friends on Nairaland who are Yoruba but are now standing on the firm truth that the Igbo do not hate the Yoruba, for we are one people whose interests will blossom when pursued together. #PrinceofLagos#TarOrfeeek, etc. I salute you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by 2cato: 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
Northern youth don't read So stop wasting your time
Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by Gentlerespect76: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
2cato:
Northern youth don't read So stop wasting your time

Anyway you are right. So very pathetic.
Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by Danjikanbauchi: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Their system of Islam is deadly. We northern Christians dear not talk because they will come for your family and nothing anybody can do
Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
You think the north are like Yoruba that you can decieve, I don't even understand why Yoruba are falling for ibo scam, endsars was ipob protest! You better don't argue with me
Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by mp3ree: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2021
SlyDev:
You think the north are like Yoruba that you can decieve, I don't even understand why Yoruba are falling for ibo scam, endsars was ipob protest! You better don't argue with me

Oga shut the bleep up
Re: What I Expect From Northern Youths/people by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2021
mp3ree:

Oga shut the bleep up

You cant shut this Yoruba up. He's not under spell

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: APGA, YPP Candidates Scramble For Arthur Eze’s “financial Support / Polish Priest And Business Man Thanks Gov Ikpeazu For Constructing Road / Election Rigging, Have You Seen This Video. Pls This Is Not A Click Bait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.