Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Christianity - Individual Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity - Individual Cross (182 Views)

Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity - Individual Cross by Gloriouspa(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Text: Luke 14:27, Matthew 16:24

In Christendom, cross is referred to as challenges facing every individual Christians globally. One person challenge will be different from the other person.

In the Holly Bible, Apostle Paul was going through some self challenges as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 12:8-9, if such a man who God used mightily could be nursing an ailment in his body and God said His grace is sufficient for him to move on. So who is you and me that cannot carry our own individual cross today.

Here are three things a cross does in an individual life.

1. Bearing a cross - we must bear the cross as God has given it to everyone of us to do. It shows everyone has one Challenge or the other in his or her life to bear.

2. Carry it wholeheartedly - we must be ready to carry our cross and follow God irrespective of our conditions, status, etc.

3. Not to fail God - as a Christian, we must carry our cross and ensure we do not fail God while carrying the cross.

Whether you are rich, poor, anointed, not anointed, or a floor member of any church, we all have our individual cross to carry.
Jesus Christ himself carried His own cross (Matthew 23:26-27).

In the book of Matthew 16:24, Jesus Christ made us to understand that if any man is ready to follow Him, such person must be ready to carry his or her cross. It means you must deny yourself of some enjoyment, worldly or material things so you can please God.

There's no short cut to it, you must carry it irrespective of who you are G.O, pastor, apostle, prophet, evangelist, usher, chorister, church workers, committee members, church members, etc.

I pray may the Almighty God grant us the grace, ability, self-denial, and perseverance needed to carry our cross successfully to the end.

May God help us all - Amen.

Shalom!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 298: The Virus Of Senseless Murmuring / And Finally: LOVE, Thanks For Joining Me In This Series / Omo Aladewura Praise Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.