Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) (9613 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Relocating To Senegal With Family / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hi, you can call me Evergreen, this thread will be my diary for a family of 4 traveling to UK with student visa.

My wife is the one going for her masters and she will going with our little girl by December 2021 while my little boy and I will join her later by febuary 2022. She was recently given unconditional admission and CAS was sent to her too, so by 26/10/2021 we are going to make payment for her school fee then proceed for our funding of our accounts and TB test.

Pls I am not to good in writing but for this thread I will try my best cool

This thread is to enlighten other prospective students and those moving along with their family as well. Pls I don't know much about traveling or international education and I am not a traveling agent too.

I am only here to share my experience on this journey that is set before us, God's willing, I be updating this thread with all the whole processes in writing, pictures and videos too from Nigeria to UK and will go ahead to share our daily life experience when we get there God's will cool grin grin

You contributions are always welcome, I will keep updating as we progress.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by africaflozy(f): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
Hi, you can call me Evergreen, this thread will be my diary for a family of 4 traveling to UK with student visa.

My wife is the one going for her masters and she will going with our little girl by December 2021 while my little boy and I will join her later by febuary 2022. She was recently given unconditional admission and CAS was sent to her too, so by 26/10/2021 we are going to make payment for her school fee then proceed for our funding of our accounts and TB test.

This thread is to enlighten other prospective students and those moving along with their family as well. Pls I don't know much about traveling or international education and I am not a traveling agent too.

I am only here to share my experience on this journey that is set before us, God's willing, I be updating this thread with all the whole processes in writing, pictures and videos too from Nigeria to UK and will go ahead to share our daily life experience when we get there God's will cool grin grin

Congratulations to your wife...may God bless my family too so that we can take this great step ASAP.

How would your wife handle schooling and taking care of your baby girl at the same time.
I asked because I have a baby too and I intend to travel with him anytime we are ready?

4 Likes

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by promzy555(m): 3:19am On Oct 26, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2021
Sorry for the late reply, she will be dropping the baby at the daycare till we arrive. Besides,not all the time she will have to go to the campus, most times she will be studying at home online because the Covid
africaflozy:

Congratulations to your wife...may God bless my family too so that we can take this great step ASAP.

How would your wife handle schooling and taking care of your baby girl at the same time.
I asked because I have a baby too and I intend to travel with him anytime we are ready?
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2021
UPDATE: payment of school fees and TB test

We were able to pay 50% of the school fees. We have been looking forward to giving us date for the TB test for a long time now, thank God finally we were given a date 17/11/2021.

Tuition fee: £15,000
Scholarship: £2,500
Part payment paid: £5,900.

Next update will be
TB test
CAS
IHS payment
POF funding etc.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations to you and your family, so happy for you..

Let me share my journey here if you don't mind cos I don't know how to start a thread as I'm new here...

First I got a conditional offer and I was asked to provide my documents(transcript, cert, etc) after which I was scheduled for an interview which was successful, then I finally got my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
I was asked to pay my fee in full surprisingly, send my TB CERTIFICATE and bank statement of £9300 as living expenses before my CAS can be issued to me.

I've paid my fees in full
Sent my TB CERTIFICATE
*waiting for my 28th day to elapse so I can send to them and get my CAS and proceed to apply for my VISA.

Mehn!! My journey isn't easy ooo .

Will update once I get my CAS.
Thank you all..

** pls who's else experienced this, share with us cos I don't understand why others are paying part of their school fees and I was asked to pay in full..

3 Likes

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by djsmacker01: 11:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
I also got unconditional offer South Wales.
Booking for my TB Test soon before commencing my payment
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ok, congratulations, when is your resumption date
djsmacker01:
I also got unconditional offer South Wales.
Booking for my TB Test soon before commencing my payment

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Waw congrats, this is really surprising for a school to ask for full Tuition fee. Please which school is that? We paid 50%.

The journey is not easy at all.
Ilonae:
Congratulations to you and your family, so happy for you..

Let me share my journey here if you don't mind cos I don't know how to start a thread as I'm new here...

First I got a conditional offer and I was asked to provide my documents(transcript, cert, etc) after which I was schedule for an interview which was successful, then I finally got my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
I was asked to pay my fee in full surprising, send my TB CERTIFICATE and bank statement of £9300 as living expenses before my CAS can be issued to me.

I've paid my fees in full
Sent my TB CERTIFICATE
*waiting for my 28th day to elapse so I can send to them and get my CAS and proceed to apply for my VISA.

Mehn!! My journey isn't easy ooo .

Will update once I get my CAS.
Thank you all..

** pls who's else experienced this, share with us cos I don't understand why others are paying part of their school fees and I was asked to pay in full..

2 Likes

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by djsmacker01: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
Ok, congratulations, when is your resumption date

7th of February.

Please how do you go about TB test. Have registered through the site but there's no available date to book for appointment, so I'm thinking to pay the school fee first.
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
Waw congrats, this is really surprising for a school to ask for full Tuition fee. Please which school is that? We paid 50%.

The journey is not easy at all.
Really surprising, it's university college Birmingham

I've gotten my CAS, applied for VISA and my appointment is on Wednesday the 17th...
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
It is well, you are almost there. All must surely end in praise
Ilonae:
Really surprising, it's university college Birmingham

I've gotten my CAS, applied for VISA and my appointment is on Wednesday the 17th...
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Update:

Was at IOM Ikeja for our TB test, we did and collected the certificate today but that of my wife couldn't come out, she was asked to repeat the test.

The situation at IOM center is not funny ooo. To get appointment date for your test is an issue, some people have to physically come to the IOM center before the could get an appointment date.

Below are people hustling to get an appointment date while others are waiting to collect their certificate

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by steadyMoving22: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Alot for japa.

3 Likes

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
It is well, you are almost there. All must surely end in praise
yea, Amen...
Update: biometrics done, waiting for a decision to be made, I used the priority service I.e 5working days.�
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Wow! Abuja IOM is so organised
EvergreenDiarie:
Update:

Was at IOM Ikeja for our TB test, we did and collected the certificate today but that of my wife couldn't come out, she was asked to repeat the test.

The situation at IOM center is not funny ooo. To get appointment date for your test is an issue, some people have to physically come to the IOM center before the could get an appointment date.

Below are people hustling to get an appointment date while others are waiting to collect their certificate

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2021
Waw, nice one, please when is your resumption date for school.
Ilonae:
yea, Amen...
Update: biometrics done, waiting for a decision to be made, I used the priority service I.e 5working days.�
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
Waw, nice one, please when is your resumption date for school.
Jan 24
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by mummy1964(f): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Pls the tb test, does it include xray or is it only blood sampling or how?
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by egojeny1(f): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:

We were able to pay 50% of the school fees. We have been looking forward to giving us date for the TB test for a long time now, thank God finally we were given a date 17/11/2021.

Next update will be
TB test
CAS
IHS payment
POF funding etc.

Pls is the tuition fee for one session or for the duration of the course?
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2021
It is for the duration of the course
egojeny1:

Pls is the tuition fee for one session or for the duration of the course?
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 11:38am On Nov 20, 2021
Please for students that have submitted their CAS, pls what did you fill on the work placement area, is it YES or No
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by egojeny1(f): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
It is for the duration of the course
Ok
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by djsmacker01: 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Which course?

Please can we connect.
djsmacker01@gmail.com

EvergreenDiarie:
Please for students that have submitted their CAS, pls what did you fill on the work placement area, is it YES or No
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by desi10mi: 1:32am On Nov 21, 2021
EvergreenDiarie:
Sorry for the late reply, she will be dropping the baby at the daycare till we arrive. Besides,not all the time she will have to go to the campus, most times she will be studying at home online because the Covid

I also have two kids, ages 6 and 3,I had to purse when I was told I would be needing 700k monthly to support for daycare, housing and feeding

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ilonae:
yea, Amen...

Updated!!!
Visa application date:13/112021
Biometrics:17/11/2021
Email for collection: 25/11/2021
Collection date: 25/11/2021

So grateful to God...

I pray that you all will get yours approved also...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by djsmacker01: 2:22am On Nov 26, 2021
Ilonae:

Congratulation dear.
God that did yours will do ours ijn

Updated!!!

So grateful to God...

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ilonae(f): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2021
djsmacker01:

THANK you so much, Amen HE will surely come tru for you and yours....
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by anike2011: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hello EvergreenDiarie, please which school are you aiming at?
EvergreenDiarie:

Next update will be
TB test
CAS
IHS payment
POF funding etc.

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Master Business Administration.

Sure! My mail is uchegbuesunday2021@gmail.com
djsmacker01:

Which course?

Please can we connect.
djsmacker01@gmail.com

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
Waw this is indeed good news, congrats.
Hope you have started parking up, our own POF is not up to 28 days yet. I am so happy for you
Ilonae:

Updated!!!

So grateful to God...

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
University Of South Wales
anike2011:
Hello EvergreenDiarie, please which school are you aiming at?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Nigerians That Live In Cuba / Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.