Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like (833 Views)

Is Abuja City Center Magical?: Video / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / This Is Abuja, Not Miami (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like by Gobdddd(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good evening friends and brothers/sisters

I am a dealer on electrical materials (sockets, Switches, conduit piping materials, Nigerian cables, chandeliers and wall brackets)
I was born, schooled and lived in Owerri Imo State all my life.

Currently, am a father of 4.

But, I recently made up my mind to relocate to Abuja.
My reasons are:
-The instability in govt in the state that's affecting businesses
-Insecurity in the state
-Issue of sit at home

My wife have agreed with me on this plan, but am trying to know what relocating to Abuja could be like.

My plans are:
-I move first, while my family stay back here. Wify is a business woman. She continues to run her business here.
-Within one year, if life stabilizes, they come over to me there.
-I have prayed to God, but the easiness of this movement will determine the status of my prayers.

I have a big shop here, but do not intend to move it immediately as my boys will be here while I go to stabilize the biz in Abj and then move all over gradually.

Pls, I'd want to know all that I need to know concerning Abuja.
First, how does business in Abuja (especially electrical sales) move in Abuja?
Second, where do you advice me to look for shop? In the mkt or on the streets?
Third, what do you think is the price range of shops or plazas in the market and in the streets.
Forth, how much is a room self con in Abuja or environs.
Fifth, what about the cost of feeding and electricity?

Thank you as you assist.
Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like by staga: 12:18am On Oct 25, 2021
First, how does business in Abuja (especially electrical sales) move in Abuja?
YES! Construction is done all-year round. Three guys I know (in Lugbe, in Gudu Market and Building Materials in Mararaba) are doing well in the business.

Second, where do you advice me to look for shop? In the mkt or on the streets? I have answered the question above.

Third, what do you think is the price range of shops or plazas in the market and in the streets. You may need up to N700,000 to N1m.

Forth, how much is a room self con in Abuja or environs.

Answer: Rent in Abuja is expensive as in all federal capitals of every country on earth, from Tokyo to New York to Geneva to Bridgetown. Start from a suburb. Mararaba comes to mind, but the traffic is killing in the morning and evenings. Kubwa may be your best option or even Gwagwalada.

Fifth, what about the cost of feeding and electricity?
Get a place with a prepaid meter so you avoid AEDC's wahala. I do not consider feeding as a major expense, but I would ask you to seriously consider getting a small plot on lease where you can plant what you will eat especially when your family is coming. Vegetables (all types), corn (for akamu), plantains (for plantain flour and plantain as it is), some yams, etc. Use markets in the suburbs and not in the city centre.

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like by molbic(m): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2021
Carry your wahala come maraba it's cheaper there ,as am typing now am in maraba I was in dei dei market before but I don relocate to maraba ,you can get a shop at 4 to 500 thousand and a decent selfcon at abacha road for 250 k , just be ready to mingle with other Igbo boys there and within a year you will understand everything very well

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like by molbic(m): 7:38am On Oct 25, 2021
One advantage with maraba is that it has three building materials, so if want to change to any other building materials it is as easy as, last year someone that deals in electrical entered our market , but have to change because no body sells that in our market ,
He's selling paints now other materials that welder people uses and is doing ok now ,
So you might as well think of changing business

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like by Marimart: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
molbic:
One advantage with maraba is that it has three building materials, so if want to change to any other building materials it is as easy as, last year someone that deals in electrical entered our market , but have to change because no body sells that in our market ,
He's selling paints now other materials that welder people uses and is doing ok now ,
So you might as well think of changing business
Pls how much can one get a selfcontain there in your area?

(1) (Reply)

Canceled Flight And Refund. / What’s The Real Price For The International Passport Application? / Aba Boy Moving To Scotland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.