Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know (399 Views)

EFCC Summons Dangote Officials To Abuja Over Alleged Forex Crime / I Want To Move To Abuja, I Need Advice / Very Cheap Land Properties For Sale - Much Closer To Abuja At Affordable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know by Gobdddd(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good evening friends and brothers/sisters

I am a dealer on electrical materials (sockets, Switches, conduit piping materials, Nigerian cables, chandeliers and wall brackets)
I was born, schooled and lived in Owerri Imo State all my life.

Currently, am a father of 4.

But, I recently made up my mind to relocate to Abuja.
My reasons are:
-The instability in govt in the state that's affecting businesses
-Insecurity in the state
-Issue of sit at home

My wife have agreed with me on this plan, but am trying to know what relocating to Abuja could be like.

My plans are:
-I move first, while my family stay back here. Wify is a business woman. She continues to run her business here.
-Within one year, if life stabilizes, they come over to me there.
-I have prayed to God, but the easiness of this movement will determine the status of my prayers.

I have a big shop here, but do not intend to move it immediately as my boys will be here while I go to stabilize the biz in Abj and then move all over gradually.

Pls, I'd want to know all that I need to know concerning Abuja.
First, how does business in Abuja (especially electrical sales) move in Abuja?
Second, where do you advice me to look for shop? In the mkt or on the streets?
Third, what do you think is the price range of shops or plazas in the market and in the streets.
Forth, how much is a room self con in Abuja or environs.
Fifth, what about the cost of feeding and electricity?

Thank you as you assist.

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know by matrixme(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Greetings.
First, how does business in Abuja (especially electrical sales) move in Abuja?
Abuja is a ready business city. There are lots of building construction projects going on here and there and are such, a big market for electrical components
Second, where do you advice me to look for shop? In the mkt or on the streets?
I would suggest you focus on one of the villages within the city. There are lots of them. Mpape, Apo (from Primary side downwards to kabusa), jahi, Karimo, lots and lots of villages that are surrounded by estates. Then the suburbs like Jikwoyi, Karu, Suleja, extreme parts of Lugbe are emerging business hotspots. You have to move around and look for a suitable one
Third, what do you think is the price range of shops or plazas in the market and in the streets.
Personally I would say shops are very expensive in Abuja. it will cost you some serious millions of naira to get a high brow location in the city.The truth is that the high brow areas ( Wuse2, Maitama, Asokoro, etc) are not really business friendly as they are not densely populated and you pay alot. But if you pick up a place in parts I've listed, you will get moderate offers
Forth, how much is a room self con in Abuja or environs.
Depending on the location you choose. But compare rates online. I'm not into real estate
Fifth, what about the cost of feeding and electricity?
Cost of feeding is moderate. If you're cooking your food, it's less expensive. Also if eating out, the grade varies with price, but still affordable. There is always light in most parts of the city, so that corresponds to high electricity cost. Don't consider anywhere without 24hours light for your business.
Best wishes.

3 Likes

Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know by Slickest(m): 11:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
You need toput lots of things you need to know

The population here to an extent is optimal, so they're potential customers

Cost of living is high, don't wanna say very high based on how much you make

Accommodation is crazy, to get yourself a conducive environment and also for your family, get ready to work your ass out above the regular.

If you're not connected brother, trust me you'll live from hand to mouth. Advise is get your self up there.

There are no trees of money, bear in mind that it might be difficult than where you're coming from.
Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2021
Looks like u are experienced in some aspects of life...u are good to go...it is a place of more opportunities, more additions.

I and my family numerically similar to yours made this move some years back, our lives transformed tremendously.

It is egalitarian, u meet people from almost every tribe, they are cool people too.
Re: Relocation To Abuja, What Do I Need To Know by thelegend1(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Abuja is a developing city. There's an ongoing construction project no matter where you look.
Network with developers and engineers, it doesn't matter where your shop is, they will find you.
But if you want to get a shop, go to Dei Dei and start from there.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Boost Sales For Your Food Business? / Start This Business With N300K And Make N30M In 12 Months / Daily Naira Exchange Rate (dollar, euro and pounds)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.