Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo (1746 Views)

After Campaigns In Abia & Ebonyi, Peter Obi Lands In Abuja For NNC Meeting(Pics) / Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Lagos And Kebbi Top States’ 2021 Fiscal Performance / IPOB Will Participate In Elections In Abia, Ebonyi –nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by EvenBlogger: 7:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Nigeria is a country that is blessed with several natural resources. We'll be looking at the natural resources that can be found in the South-Eastern States of Nigeria.

1. Enugu State

This South-Eastern state is blessed with different natural resources which include limestone, gypsum, ironstone, glass sands, coal, oil shale, alum, and clay minerals.

In 1909, a British mines engineer identified as Albert Kitson discovered Nigeria's first coal in Udi Ridge, present-day Enugu. The other natural resources can be found in different communities of the state.

2. Abia State

Apart from crude oil, this state is blessed with gold (though in a small quantity), gypsum, kaolin, lead/zinc, laterite, copper, bentonite clay, limestone, and oil shale.

3. Imo State

This state is blessed with lignite, lead/zinc, gypsum, Phosphate, Marcasite, fine sand, limestone, natural gas, and salt (though not in a large quantity).

4. Anambra State

Natural resources like bauxite, ceramic, natural gas, and crude oil can be found in this state.

In 2021, this state officially joined oil-producing states in Nigeria, following an approval granted by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).

5. Ebony State

This state is blessed with lead/zinc, salt, and kaolin. Research shows that there's a large deposit of salt in the state.

For clarity, I'll be explaining some of the natural resources mentioned in this article.

Oil Shale

Oil shale is a type of sedimentary rock formation that can be used to produce gas and oil. This is possible due to the presence of kerogen, a type of organic matter that burns when exposed to flame.

Gypsum

It is also known as calcium sulfate hydrate, and it's a naturally occurring mineral found in layers of sedimentary rocks. It is used for the production of drywall, chalk, and is sometimes used as a fertilizer.

Kaolin

This is a fine soft white clay, resulting from the natural decomposition of other clays of feldspar. It is used in the production of many things, including papers and paints.

Just like the South-Eastern states, every other state in Nigeria is blessed with natural resources.

Source: https://www.churchloaded.com/about/natural-resources-that-can-be-found-in-enugu-abia-ebonyi-anambra-and-imo-state/

cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Lawlab249: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2021
They will still loot it dry just like the oil
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Geestarry(f): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2021
There's so much wealth potential in this nation.
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Danjikanbauchi: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2021
I think Nigeria is blessed. No state in Nigeria that don't have natural resource.

1 Like

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by EmekaA125(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
I think Nigeria is blessed. No state in Nigeria that don't have natural resource.
What's the natural resources in Osun, Ogun and Oyo? Skull mining and brown roofs I guess grin grin

1 Like

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by LILTJAY: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2021
Op you didn't add ritualists, cocaine, baby factory and prostitution. ..
Fvckers
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Danjikanbauchi: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2021
EmekaA125:

What's the natural resources in Osun, Ogun and Oyo? Skull mining and brown roofs I guess grin grin
Oyo, Osun and Ogun states have lots of Solid minerals, we have company that mine solid minerals there.

But their mejor sources of revenue is skulls, both from the dead and the living they harvest skulls. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Nooel1: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2021
Apart from crude oil, we the Ijoh people have ogogoro and Kai Kai in abundance reason why all of us drink to stupor.
ThEGodFaThEr

1 Like

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Mystic216: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Agu some things are better left untold
What’s the point in bringing this up
We need some secrete atall
Mtcheew
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by CaptainAyub: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
LILTJAY:
Op you didn't add ritualists, cocaine, baby factory and prostitution. ..
Fvckers
Do Igbos do 1/20 of rituals done in the SW?

1 Like

Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by LILTJAY: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Do Igbos do 1/20 of rituals done in the SW?
more than that...
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by PureNuel: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Good to know
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by Iykoto86(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
EmekaA125:

guy,no be so. this is not funny any more. even if the hate no gree you ,manage get joy small naa.
Re: Natural Resources That Can Be Found In Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, And Imo by emekaphilips: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Kaolin in large quantities?
Call me on +2348063724719
Location Abia state.
Computerchoice8@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Scores Of Bandit Killed In Kaduna, Bottles Of hard Drug Recovered / I’ll Hand Over To Smartest Politician After I Rule For Eight Years, – Tinubu / Now Atiku Have Declared, Northern Apc Caucus Will Show Their True Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.