Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas (273 Views)

Abdulrazak Namdas: I Will Support Tinubu, I care Less Who The VP Is / 2023: Why Amaechi Will Be Apc’s Best Candidate; Thicks All Boxes. / I’m APC Member, Though I’m Atiku’s Spokesman —galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas by Yeskem: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Army, Rep. Abdulrazak Namdas is one of the early birds in the race for the governorship ticket of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Adamawa State. Namdas who once served as the spokesman of the House has been described as a unifying figure in his party and state as he has consulted top politicians across party lines. His style of politics has been described as unique, even as he insists that he is in the race to win. The member representing Jada/Ganye/MayoBelwa/Toungo Federal Constituency, spoke with KEMI YESUFU on his ambition, local and national politics. He also shared his opinion on the performance of the Armed Forces, even as the nation grapples with high level insecurity. This as he spoke on the timeliness of the newest amendments to the Electoral Act, chiefly, the introduction of direct primaries and the electronic transmission of votes.

You have met former governors, Boni Haruna, Senator Jibrilla Bindow over your governorship ambition without problems, and you seem to still be in good terms with former Vive-President Atiku Abubakar. How are you able to manage your relationship with different powerbrokers in Adamawa State?

What I understand in politics is loyalty. You should be loyal to anyone who has helped you. Even when you part ways politically like the instance of my principal, Boni Haruna, his being a member of the PDP, while I am of the APC…..I still recognize the fact that he is my boss anytime, any day. Our being in two different parties shouldn’t stop us from relating. He (Haruna) can still send me on errands and I will go. It is the same thing for Vice-President Atiku Abubakar. I still have respect for him. (Former) Governor Bindow and I are in the same party and we have always been together politically. As young men, we need to remain loyal to those who gave us the opportunity to serve, we need to show this kind of example. I prefer to be a symbol of unity, so much that other aspirants and I relate well. When you have it at the back of your mind that power belongs to God and He gives it to whom He pleases, you will relax your mind and do whatever you can to sell yourself to the people and let them decide.

You are the representative of the former Vice-President in the House though you belong to different parties. Do you think you can repeat electoral victory at the governorship level?

People have asked me this question a number of times. But you see, we are looking for two different offices. He is operating at a higher level. I seek the highest office in my state and he is a big person, who is interested in the highest office in the land. We don’t belong to the same party. We will play the game according to the rules. I have respect for him, but I know Adamawa is an APC state, never mind what happened in the last election. We lost though we were on ground because some people were aggrieved and got involved in anti-party activities which contributed to our defeat. But now, we have learnt from our mistakes and have decided that whoever emerges from the party, we will rally round him to ensure that he wins.

Are you saying the current governor hasn’t done well or you would prefer that your party is in-charge?

I feel that I will do better if given the opportunity to serve. The experience I’ve garnered gives me the edge. I was in the media for a while, I have contested elections, winning and losing at different times. If you look at the committees I have headed and been a member, they have exposed me to the working and challenges of government. As chairman House Committee on Army, I have knowledge that is most needed in Nigeria today. The major challenge in Nigeria is the level of insecurity, so, if you can manage security effectively in your state, other forms of development will follow. Aside from having the needed expertise, I have good plans for Adamawa State. I come from the state. I am a local person. My father was a primary school teacher. I know what education has done for me, so education is a key aspect of my plan for Adamawa.

Read more @:https://frontlinenews.com.ng/im-apcs-best-bet-to-beat-gov-fintiri-rep-namdas/

Re: I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas by Trumpism: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
Rubbish
Re: I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas by nairavsdollars(f): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Who be this puff puff?
Re: I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas by kenzysmith: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin
Re: I’m Apc’s Best Bet To Beat Gov. Fintiri-rep. Namdas by kenzysmith: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Is physical looks fits the position but I don't know about the heart undecided

(1) (Reply)

ANALYSING THE PAT UTOMI VS TONY NNADI PERSPECTIVES ON HAVING ELECTIONS 2023- S R / Abubabar Malami: Caught In Eye Of The Storm / FLASHBACK: Video Of Lai Mohammed Insisting ‘no Lives Were Lost’ At Lekki Tollgat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.