Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up (1045 Views)

What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up / Children Were Eating Leftovers During An Event Where Ebonyi Launched An Airport / Tinubu Receives Atiku At Airport As He Returns To Nigeria (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi said that for individuals as well as states to succeed, that careful planning anchored on what he called "examination of daily income and expenditure", was necessary.

Obi said this on Thursday during the 2nd Annual Conference of the International Strategic Management Institute at Roban Hotel, Enugu.

Speaking further, Obi said it was necessary to consider one's income at all times as to determine the trajectory of expenses. With reference to his tenure as the Governor of Anambra State, Obi said he made sure he invested in things that were of value to the state and would generate income for the State.

Using the airport project as an example, Obi said that the popular need from the people was for his Government to build an airport, but in matters such as that which needed expert input, he said all he did was to set up a committee.
"The Committee", according to him, "came up with the facts that it would cost the state 20 million dollars at that time and the airport, when operational, would generate 100 Thousand Naira per day. With this, I knew it would be a waste of resources, so we decided to invest the money in Intafact. Besides the investment's current worth of 70 million Dollars, Anambra state Government received the dividend of over 300 million from the project this year."

As strategic thinkers and Managers, Obi appealed to the members of the organization to deploy their knowledge towards contributing to the progress of the country.

Speaking at the event, the Director General of the Organization, Dr. Obiora Nnaemeka said it was wonderful listening to Mr. Obi because he always spoke out of personal experience.

https://blog.odogwublog.com/2016/11/why-i-did-not-build-airport-as-peter.html?m=1

Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Esseite:
Obi said it was necessary to consider one's income at all times as to determine the trajectory of expenses. With reference to his tenure as the Governor of Anambra State, Obi said he made sure he invested in things that were of value to the state and would generate income for the State.

Using the airport project as an example, Obi said that the popular need from the people was for his Government to build an airport, but in matters such as that which needed expert input, he said all he did was to set up a committee.
"The Committee", according to him, "came up with the facts that it would cost the state 20 million dollars at that time and the airport, when operational, would generate 100 Thousand Naira per day. With this, I knew it would be a waste of resources, so we decided to invest the money in Intafact. Besides the investment's current worth of 70 million Dollars, Anambra state Government received the dividend of over 300 million from the project this year."
I agree with Him Tu Lie on this.

State Government should focus more on roads, hospitals, schools, Agriculture for now.

Bayelsa state should be one of the states leading in the production of milled rice.

In almost all the states in Nigeria, if you comot for the state capital, some secondary and primary schools looks like a dirty poultry farm. You won't believe there are students in such schools
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by oilPUSSY(f): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nice
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by hisgrace090: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
There is time for everything under the sun.
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by gwafaeziokwu: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
This was in 2016. As at the time has was governor, Anambra has lots of basic developmental issues and low igr. He focused on tackling the basic issues in health, roads, education,security, while encouraging industrial growth in order to increase revenue. Innoson, Juhel,Interfact Breweries and many others all came to Anambra under his government.

So it's no wonder that Willie Obiano could give Anambra state an international airport without borrowing one kobo from anywhere. The ground Obi cleared for sustainable development in Anambra state had given his successor the impetus to dream big.

With Soludo coming on board, it's time to unleash the Anambra potential.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by BKayy: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Peter Obi was the best decision Anambra made.
This is the kind of brain needed to move Alaigbo forward

2 Likes

Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by Blackfire(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

No vacancy for Peter Obi

Take note
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by DOTian: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
He should have done more of that knd investment he did with interfact. Imagine a situation where the state government makes over a billion a month from such..
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by sweetonugbu: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Okwute ndi IGBO, the man who saw tomorrow i doff my cap
Re: Why I Did Not Build An Airport , As Peter Obi Opens Up by wpadmin: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
That was the best decision he made there. Some followers will not understand it..

There is time for everything...

The best part is that this airport is both a passenger and a cargo airport. Business people who can afford it will use the airport to import items (if it is closer to their market).

I pray Anambra State keeps getting it right in their choice of who leads them...

(1) (Reply)

The Yoonity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable / Kperogi's Skewed Reasoning And The RCCG Directorate / Tinubu To Dump APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.