Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison (66129 Views)

Adili Chibuike Ejike: Singapore’s Supreme Court Frees Nigerian On Death Row / 23 Nigerians On Death Row In Saudi Arabia (Full Names) / 99-Year-Old Prisoner On Death Row In Enugu Prison With His Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Danjikanbauchi: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:
Something isn't adding up.

How would someone be sentenced to death without a case file
you are doubting Nigeria police and judges, the evil they can do is beyond measures.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ivolt: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
LordErrk:

You're in Nigeria and you're asking that question
Yes, in Nigeria, humans have only one head with brains to think.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
Rev King too should not lose hope.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by einsteine(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gadafii:
That 14 years is 7*2 shey

Cos he said he was sentenced in 2013

He was in prison before he was sentenced.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Btruth: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
God has a reason of sending our dear Shepard to kirikiri prison in the first place. Thank God, one of them is fulfilled now.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Kobicove(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayomide811:
Rev King comes to mind

When I first saw the headline I thought they were referring to him...I'm glad he wasn't the one undecided
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ridbell01(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

my brother this country is full definition of shithole. A brother was arrest almost Six hours of accident the scene he spent over 8 months in prison we spent month and energy to get him released. The country is confirm nonsense
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Biggcake: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
So touching,

Tears almost run down my cheek while reading this.

You lied...

No fvcking tears rolled down your damn cheeks.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by DamnnNiggarr: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Biggcake:

You lied...

No fvcking tears rolled down your damn cheeks.
You're right, it didn't.

1 Like

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ejimatic: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
Nigerian Pastor On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison

He spent 14 years and seven months in prison.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/25/nigerian-pastor-death-row-regains-freedom-after-14-years-prison
. No case File and u were sentenced to death by justice Williams?
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by falopey: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
EKONGKING:

No case file nothing ,but still sentenced to death . Its a new low for nigeria ,However on closer observation grin grin grin

The ex-convict, who was condemned to death for a crime he claimed, he didn’t commit, gave gratitude to God for using the Shepherd-in-Charge of Genesis Global, Prophet Israel Ogundipe to bring him out of prison.

Ogundipe said their paths crossed in 2020, when he was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for fraud. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin Hallleluyiah

one can be sentenced to prison for an alleged fraud. Remember every case is an allegation until proven beyond reasonable doubt. That he was sentenced for fraud does 100% means he committed the fraud. There are people sentenced for fraud they knew nothing of
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by arantess: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
kolnel:
his story doesn't add up.

anyways I still wonder how pastor ogundipe that scammed one of his church members still have the gut to continue his fake pastoral work.
religion is a big scam
Add it up let's see your version
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by habiham: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
That's the zoo we are ... Lot happening in Nigeria prison .... It won't be out portionHow would someone be sentenced to death without a case file[/quote]
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by abbey621(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Daboomb:

What should bother us as Nigerians, is how somebody without a case file, gets sentenced to death!
Justice Olushola Williams, hopefully if he is still alive an probably even still in Service, needs a lot of explaining to do to Nigerians.

How can Pastor Ogundiper facilitate his release from the Death Row, if he was actually guilty of an offense that merits death sentence?
That is not how the Law and Justice should work
Did he kill someone? How will the family of the Victim (if there was actually one!) feel, to see the killer out of Prison or not served his sentence?

While l am very delighted that an innocent man is not hanged for what he knows nothing about, l am equally alarmed that "Justice in Nigeria" is now about Who you know and that a Man can be hanged just because he as nobody to speak for him!

How do you keep someone on Death Row since 2013, the judgement is not executed and yet we complain of Over-Crowding in our Prisons?
I am not against the Death sentence because l am convinced that some Offenses need to attract such punishment, so we can get rid of such people from our society but you must never sentence a man to death, unless he is clearly Guilty (Like Kidnappers, Killer Herdsmen, Armed Robbers, terrorists, etc).
Any Judge who sentence an Innocent Man to Death, will have to answer to God, for the innocent life he terminated as a result of Corruption
Even his Children will also die prematurely or at the height of their own success.
We need to sanitise our Judicial System and Judicial officers, they are just too corrupt to be saddled with "Matters of Freedom or Life and Death".

This one is alarmed meanwhile Buhari is shocked....las las una go dey alright....keep pretending as if this is a surprising case, slap yourself and repeat after me, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE ZANGA ZOO!
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Trimjos: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
debbydams:
lol iv bn counting my fingers how 2013 is 14 years grin

What if he spent many years awaiting trial and then got convicted in 2013.. I know many people that spent lots of years in prison awaiting trial
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by collinometricx: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

This is Nigeria
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by DIKEnaWAR: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

I tire! Remember the Co pastor that got him released was also sentenced for fraud before. Methinks both are planning a bigger heist or the man was just yoked together with other criminals and charged and sentenced.

2. Was he granted pardon or the prison service just released him after plenty abeg and egunje?

Confusing
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by VULCAN(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
It's clear that you know little about Nigeria.

Some of the prisoners have been on awaiting trial for 10yrs
Gadafii:
That 14 years is 7*2 shey

Cos he said he was sentenced in 2013
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Zainabthegirl1(f): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
I’m really happy for him….thank God he came out
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by GetMeRight: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Wannabenz:

In Nigeria prisons,there are people on awaiting trials for over 3years and more. At Police Stations if no one comes to bail you, they'll move you to prison and that's the end of the story until God turns your page.

This man was sentenced to death by a competent judge, totally different from someone who is moved from police custody and abandoned in prison.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by GetMeRight: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Medanoski:
How can someone who doesn't have a case file be in prison for goodness sake ?
This country is too tiring abeg.

Not be prison, he was sentenced to death. His offence, he didn't say. How he was freed, he didn't say, be it appeal or pardon
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by GetMeRight: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
EdobabaComedy:

Why to read dey hard you but to rush make comment no hard you.

What was his offence? Tell us or quote him from the report.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ArticleBeast: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

Just pray not to get involved in police issue or court case, you will understand why our number one goal is to japa. The system is messed up so so bad. At least 60 percent of inmates doesn’t have case file
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Akharmony: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
God bless Prophet Dele ogundipe and his entire congregation for standing out among others.. The enitire story was sad when i watch it...
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ArticleBeast: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
kolnel:
his story doesn't add up.

anyways I still wonder how pastor ogundipe that scammed one of his church members still have the gut to continue his fake pastoral work.
religion is a big scam
The same reason why after all your sins, God love still embraces you.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ArticleBeast: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Thank you for reading without your emotion. His stories don't add up, something is definitely missing.
It is the same reason a 19 year old jambite was unlawfully arrested, framed of armed robbery charges, and dumped in prison for 5yrs until God and the family took over. Nigeria justice system is a whole new low
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by B11la2b: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
So touching,

Tears almost run down my cheek while reading this.

Simp-Tom-tin
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by GetMeRight: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright .....Peruse through the article while blazing my weed ...I must say it is filled with pathos

Nigeria prison

Na innocent souls dey languish for there

Murderers, rapists, armed robbers, fraudsters, petty criminals as well as innocent people dey prison. And it's like that everywhere in the world.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ArticleBeast: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sammy07:

Nope, He said he was sentence to death In 2013

And met the other guy that helped him in 2020.

That no be 14yrs sad
1 days in prison is calculated as 2 days. So 7 years is 14 years in prison
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by EYOUYO: 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
can someone sue the court or d judge ??
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ledaman: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Aufbauh:
Let somebody shout Hallelujah! His God has come through for him.

However they're so many of his kind with similar case of misidentity languishing in prisons with no hope in sight.

Most of them are guilty of the offence. They would rape,kill the victim yet FG would not take the necessary action. If they escape judgement in the world @ the expense of the victim they won't escape judgement on judgement day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Identities Of Officers Who Brutalised Protesters / Zamfara: Calabash Filled With Human Blood Found At A Suspected Cultist's House / EFCC Arrests 6 Yahoo Boys In Abuja, Recovers Cars, Laptops (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.