Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition (1609 Views)

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / Buhari’s Loyalists Plan To Drown Fayemi’s 2023 Ambition After Sinking Tinubu / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by pavoda: 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
A member of the first family said there were efforts to convince the president to support a candidate that would protect his (Buhari’s) interest when he exits the presidency in 2023.

“We believe that Tinubu will not protect Buhari’s interest after his tenure, hence the need to look elsewhere.

“We are working hard to convince the president to support a candidate that would protect his interest after his tenure,” the source, who sought not to be named, said.

Similarly, a cabinet member said: “The president is not interested in Tinubu’s candidacy because he is not convinced that Asiwaju is the right person to succeed him.”

Daily Trust reports however that Tinubu has not formally declared his intention to contest for the presidency but different groups are openly campaigning for him

As part of measures to whittle down the influence of Tinubu in the South-West, the ruling APC has continued to bring in people who are perceived to be opposed to the former Lagos State governor.

A former governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, whose second term bid in 2019 Tinubu worked against, was on Tuesday named as a member of the contact and strategy committee of the party.

Aside Ambode, the party has harvested top shots in the South-West political zone, including a former deputy governor of Osun State, Iyiola Omisore; a former governor of Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel, and former Speaker Bankole, among others.

There are reports that they were cajoled by the APC towards demystifying Tinubu ahead of 2023.

Talking about the relationship between Buhari and Tinubu, a source in the presidency said: “President Buhari has never had a cordial relationship with Asiwaju.

“He just believes that the former governor of Lagos State should be used to achieve his ambition. After the 2015 elections, you will recall that Asiwaju was abandoned.

“He was brought close again before the 2019 elections. So, there is no need to worry about their relationship. It is the same scenario that is playing out,” he said.

A ranking APC lawmaker also told Daily Trust that the president was not happy with happenings in the South-West even as he accused Tinubu of doing nothing visible to quench the rising agitations in the region.

“I can bet you the president will not come out openly to support him (Tinubu) to become president even though the former Lagos State governor believes that this is payback time considering the huge investment he made in Buhari and the APC.

“Also, the president has had reservations about Tinubu’s personality because he sees him like any other politician in the country. But he became suspicious of him when Tinubu started claiming the title of a national leader of the party after the 2015 elections.

“As you know, the national leader of a ruling party should be the president. You know, the former Lagos governor is arrogant and the president is stubborn, the two cannot go together,” he said.

Efforts to get the reaction from the presidency were not successful as the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, did not reply to a text message sent to him after phone calls.

https://dailytrust.com/2023-crack-in-buhari-tinubu-camps-widens
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by LUGBE: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Good pressure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Ezehillary(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin Tinubu can never be president of nigeria instead make bobrisky be president grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Fahdiga(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Welcome development. Tinubu is too old to be president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by johnmartus(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Where this ipob miscreants are getting all these fakes news from.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Truthissupreme: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
johnmartus:
Where this ipob miscreants are getting all these fakes news from.
But daily trust is a fulani newspaper na

Get well soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Truthissupreme: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
This is not news

Buhari has never hidden his disdain in trusting power to tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by johnmartus(m): 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
That doesn't mean not only hausa fulani working in daily trust. Tinubu is igbo problem right now.
Truthissupreme:
But daily trust is a fulani newspaper na

Get well soon

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Truthissupreme: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
johnmartus:
That doesn't mean not only hausa fulani working in daily trust. Tinubu is igbo problem right now.
Actually the only person with problem is you with igbos

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Dapson73(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Tinubu is 100 times ahead of Buhari and his cohort. As it's stand today, the only thing that can restrict Tinubu is if he's not interested and doesn't obtain the APC presidential nomination form.
The under work going on for Jagaban presidency realization is too enormous to be stopped by anybody. President Jonathan can relate better, even President Buhari isn't a novice on this one.
I'm surprised I see a larger percentage of zombies agreeing with President Buhari for the first time. Anything against Tunubu is a welcome idea to them.
Above all, "Who God has blessed, no one can curse"
Ride on Jagaban borgu himself. We are solidly behind your ambition and aspiration .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Lanretoye(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ezehillary:
grin Tinubu can never be president of nigeria instead make bobrisky be president grin
that is your own problem of all things now abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Maxymilliano(m): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
According to Senator Sheu Sani,

Minna helped Ota to the Villa, Ota refused to hand over the keys to MInna.

Jagaban helped Baba to the villa, Baba man not ... (sorry my data is finished)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Blackfire(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Truthissupreme: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
Dapson73:
Tinubu is 100 times ahead of Buhari and his cohort. As it's stand today, the only thing that can restrict Tinubu is if he's not interested and doesn't obtain the APC presidential nomination form.
The under work going on for Jagaban presidency realization is too enormous to be stopped by anybody. President Jonathan can relate better, even President Buhari isn't a novice on this one.
I'm surprised I see a larger percentage of zombies agreeing with President Buhari for the first time. Anything against Tunubu is a welcome idea to them.
Ride on Jagaban borgu himself. We are solidly behind your ambition and aspiration .
Yes o, the fact that you guys need to keep reminding yourselves on some imaginary control tinubu has to do and undo is actually a straw on its own

Is this the same timlumbu that buhari has restricted to national leader stripping him of all the control of the party he brought into the merge

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Dapson73(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Yes o, the fact that you guys need to keep reminding yourselves on some imaginary control tinubu has to do and undo is actually a straw on its own

Is this the same timlumbu that buhari has restricted to national leader stripping him of all the control of the party he brought into the merge

Just your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by spy24(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abeg make Dem let us hear jare
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by pavoda: 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin grin grin grin Absurd level of worship of this man is confusing. Politics is a game of numbers not imaginary loyalty, especially one you cannot guarantee outside Lagos. Come to Kebbi State NOBODY gives tinubu this imaginary respect.. yan baza kawai
Dapson73:
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Biglittlelois(f): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
All i know is, I want the President to come from the South, whoever the person is not my concern, but let the person be a man that will treat the north's fvckup, a man that will put the south first in everything, a man that will be so nepotistic and ignore federal character so much that the north will cry and wail till oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by pavoda: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
It is very irritating to be calling Tinubu name for 2023.

They swear for us?!

How can we be talking of a man with a lot of baggage, liabilities and gangsterism inclinations as a possible candidate for presidency?

Lagos needs urgent rescue from this greedy man's choking grip.

A man who openly displayed two bullion vans of money (money laundering) in the eve of election day and even boasted about his right of spending his money how he likes which got me asking how he even acquired the money he was boasting about. Every penny he is boasting about is Lagos state public fund which he diverted using the puppets he imposed on Lagos state
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by PrinceOfLagos: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
I am among the people pressuring the president not to support Tinubu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I pity Tinubu

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by pavoda: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
Tinubu will be sending this nation backwards with his cronies
PrinceOfLagos:
I am among the people pressuring the president not to support Tinubu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Siwisheswereesh: 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Truthissupreme:
This is not news

Buhari has never hidden his disdain in trusting power to tinubu
[/s]

Piggiiddiooott amaka

But Osinbajo is the man! smiley
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Mayng01(m): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lmao! Is he willing to support before? Propaganda
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by pavoda: 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
It will become clearer in due time
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by orisa37: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
WILL TINUBU A MOSLEM WITHDRAW NIGERIA MEMBERSHIP FROM OIC.
Re: Buhari Under Pressure Not To Support Tinubu 2023 Ambition by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
I hope the politicians destroy themselves.

Just leave the poor masses out of your shenanigans.

(1) (Reply)

Residents Cry Out As Black Soot Takes Over Port Harcourt, Rivers State / Oscar Onyema Involved In Drugging, Raping American Woman; Stole Trade Secrets / Throwback: Tinubu Nominated Me To Be Vice-president — Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.