Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times (34199 Views)

What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ijustdey: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

By Taiwo-Hassan Adebayo

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, is set to declare his interest in the 2023 presidential election tomorrow, Monday. capping off months of behind-the-scene – yet apparent – mobilisations that have fuelled speculations and pitied the No 2 against his erstwhile boss Bola Tinubu.

According to sources with knowledge of the plans, except there is a change, Mr Osinbajo’s declaration will not involve any formal event or public gathering.

Rather, he will release a recorded video of about seven to 10 minutes, addressing the public and declaring his 2023 ambition to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

The video will be distributed across his social media handles and the sources said the campaign team will get to working immediately afterwards.

This style is different from how others had previously gone about declarations.

Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha addressed a public gathering sharing a pattern with former Rivers State Governor and transportation minister Rotimi Amaechi, who announced his intention before a filled stadium in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Mr Tinubu, former Lagos Governor, and Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi spoke to the press directly after having, separately, met with Mr Buhari at the State House.

However, Mr Osinbajo’s announcement video will be preceded by a ceremonial iftar – the Muslim break of Ramadan – with APC governors at his official residence tonight, sources said.

At the gathering, he is going to inform the governors of his intention to contest; though, he had previously told each of them individually.

Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

In addition to travelling across states for support, Mr Osinabjo’s team had organised opinion polls to guide his decision on the 2023 election. In one such poll, participants were asked to choose their preferred president between Rabiu Kwakwanso, former Kano State Governor, Mr Tinubu, and Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President.

In another poll, participants were asked to indicate if they would vote for Mr Osinbajo – and this particular poll yielded 63 per cent yes votes, sources said.

Mr Osinbajo is believed to enjoy a wide appeal among the population but how he is going to mobilise the political capital to defeat Mr Tinubu or Mr Amaechi – two of his main challengers – remains to be seen.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/523041-exclusive-how-when-osinbajo-will-declare-his-2023-ambition.html

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Michelle70(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Osinbajo, Amaechi or Tinubu will likely get the ticket.

53 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Juliusmomoh2: 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
honestly I don't know what to speak of my country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by samwash(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
After the failed years of APC & what they have done to the Nigerian economy, you still expect me to rejoice if an Ameachi, Osinbajo or Tinubu is getting the ticket to contest for the seat of the president.
I wonder what APC will use to campaign this time around & their manifesto.

164 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by SledgeHammerer: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
It will be Tinubu vs Osinbajo for Apc ticket.
And Atiku vs Wike for the pdp ticket.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by trutharena: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
If Osinbajo is able to beat Asiwaju to the APC ticket, we will support him with all we have.

That means there is a new king on the block and the best thing is to fall in line.

I would love to see how this plays out coz it will be part of our political history.

Let the game begin!

God bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
God bless Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

290 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Treasure17(m): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Anybody APC present irrespective of his or her pedigree or capabilities is a deal breaker for me. Nothing fruitful has come out of the party since the inception of their candidate.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by trutharena: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
I am thinking Osinbajo is the purported Buhari’s candidate.

For Bashir to even be bold to tweet this speaks volume.

My fears is that Osinbajo is the only candidate that can break Asiwaju power in the center currently and it’s going to be really 50/50 game between them coz loyalties will be split.

However, so far one of them gets it, we are very fine by it in the West.

May the best man wins.

250 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by buckeyemedia: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Treasure17:
Anybody APC present irrespective of his or her pedigree or capabilities is a deal breaker for me. Nothing fruitful has come out of the party since the inception of their candidate.
Was it not because you Nigerians gained nothing from pdp that you cross carpeted to APC?

But as they say, a dog will always go back to its vomit, so I would not blame you clamoring for pdp to come back.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by buckeyemedia: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

My fears is that Osinbajo is the only candidate that can break Asiwaju power in the center currently and it’s going to be really 50/50 game between them coz loyalties will be split.

May the best man wins.
Nobody is giving Tinubu anything, if it is a South West candidate it must be Osinbajo, South South Amaechi, South East Ogbonna Onu.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by kennybabs1980: 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
Good move. Prof Yemi Osinbajo has all it takes to be Nigeria next president. He is not the traditional kind of politician, a thorough bred technocrat and a God fearing personality. We will be all out to support him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Treasure17(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Was it not because you Nigerians gained nothing from pdp that you cross carpeted to APC?

But as they say, a dog will always go back to its vomit, so I would not blame you clamoring for pdp to come back.
Aside corruption we were running from which we actually thought the incumbent would fix, their government is far better than what we have now. I'm not clamouring for PDP because both are birds of same feather. Is APC administration any better?

25 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Devilspassage: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nwodosis(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Without Tinubu, who's Osibade? What stops him from seeking blessings from Tinibu? Now this how he's going to thank Tinibu. If this is how the Yorubas love themselves, then I prefer how the Igbos hate themselves.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Peredu: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Presido
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Saxxon(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Isn't it funny how this useless fake pastor that has not even declared his intention to run for president is the same guy causing mayhem through his online e-rats? He hasn't declared interest, but the coward won't allow others that have indicated their interest to rest.

Once Osinbajo's media dogs see that you're the man of the moment, they start to attack you and fire from all cylinders. They did it to Tinubu, and then Peter Obi, now it's Amaechi's turn.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Capernum: 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
We can't wait. Pyo 2023

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
This criminal fake tradermoni pastor. Both you and that old bullion van thief called Tilumbu will never near the presidency. While Tilumbu becomes the president of Iragbiji Town Union, you will be the presiding pastor of RCCG, Okitipupa Branch

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by arejibadz(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ok....any 1 has my votes so far say the candidate no come from northern Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
I just love Osinbajo. As they say in Yoruba,... "Egun nla lo ma jo keyin" (it is the biggest masquerade that dances last)

The world awaits, Nigeria awaits, the host of heaven awaits the chosen one to declare his interest.

On the day he declares, the land of Nigeria will rejoice, the world will nod in unison and the host of heaven will endorse him as the next president of the most populous black nation on earth.

Clear road for the man wey sabi.

*Professor Yemi Osinbajo*

353 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Realists(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
samwash:
After the failed years of APC & what they have done to the Nigerian economy, you still expect me to rejoice if an Ameachi, Osinbajo or Tinubu is getting the ticket to contest for the seat of the president.
I wonder what APC will use to campaign this time around & their manifesto.

The Evil Party called APC will use, their predecessor another Evil Party called PDP campaign slogans to the mumu Nigerians.

This too shall pass, for Rome was never built in one day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ORAFA(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
I will work for his campaign

6 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by SledgeHammerer: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

May the best man wins.

Bashir was actually referring to his own declaration for house of representatives.

Try to follow his Facebook page.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by wolesmile(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
I for like make Osinbajo win. But dem no go allow am win. Na Tinubu get the APC ticket. I can bet my left scrotum on that...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Massiveglory: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Osinbanjo is good candidate. But I doubt he is pmb's Choice A.
Ameachi is a bold candidate. That his 100m dash made gave me joy.

PDP should give us someone in the mound of Peter Obi or Pius anyim.

With any of these men, it will be a joy to vote.

Any attempt to Present Tinubu will be thrown out with all our might.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Let wait and see; as we are looking forward to having good candidate.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by MrBachelor: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Put Osinbajo against Peter Obi on the ballot.

Any other figure(s) is to make Nigeria more useless than Buhari has already made it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by WATCHOVER(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:
If Osinbajo is able to beat Asiwaju to the APC ticket, we will support him with all we have.

That means there is a new king on the block and the best thing is to fall in line.

I would love to see how this plays out coz it will be part of our political history.

Let the game begin!

God bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
God bless Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
You look very confused

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
Osibanjo is a also a good candidate, I love how credible candidates are beginning to show interest for the presidency, peter obi,
rotimi ameachi, and now osibanjo nice one...... I just hope nigerians canvassing for old men like tinubu,atikwu can get sense for once. grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

May the best man wins.

"best man"? who among them is the best man?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki In Closed Door Meeting With Obasanjo / Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Toll Collection Goes Cashless Today / Falz Condemns The 2023 General Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.