Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. (21238 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by benuejosh: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2021
Anyone who goes to computer village always have a story to tell.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Strika22(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2021
danieldinho:
Today been the 25th day of oct 2021, I had a terrible and shocking experience at computer village Ikeja. I went for a transaction at my bank around allen junction aromire street, on my way back i got to under bridge looking for a bus going to my direction at the park. As i was abt boarding a bus going to Egebeda i was attacked unconsciously i felt my phone left my pocket and the others held me like a pin b4 i could regain myself phone was gone, and all boys holding me gone too disappearing in the thin air luckily for me my money was intact, the phone is not up to a month, i bought it around oct 8, phone is infinix note 10, the pack and imei are available i dnt know if the phone can be recovered via tracking.

Pleaase folks be careful around computer village ikeja and also be vigilant. Of a truth i was carried away with some thoughts on my head computer village today gave me a shocking early birthday gift two days earlier.
It is very mischievous of you to use the above misleading headline and putting computer village in a bad light. From the narration, the incidence happened at Ikeja Underbridge not Computer village. Narrating a story just to grace front page. I fear who no fear you, you must have a very pathetic personality. Say things as it is nah.
You better change that your headline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by paskal16: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2021
Nawa o
When I do enter comp village, I get one special tight pocket jeans I dey wear go there
Before you go shook hand finish na slap I go use design ur face

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Asour: 9:34am On Oct 26, 2021
TeamLeader:
I've said it before. All the people at the computer village are agbero by default. All

Not true.
Try to use generalizations sparingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Tayosteve(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2021
gracile:
So sorry to hear this.
Please the first thing to do in such scenarios is block your line. You can call your network provider on a different line and they'll guide you on how to do that.

May God give you a better phone, double for your trouble

The first thing to do is call your bank, the first thing the theif will tampered with is his bank account and trying to make a transaction, so you call your bank that your phone has been stolen and they will block the account immediately
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by MufasaLion: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2021
Damn!

How they could pin you down in a broad daylight is still a mystery to me.

7 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Sammy07: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2021
Gadafii:
That computer village na something else, if them never defraud you there you never be lagosian proper cheesy

That site be like where lagosians get baptised to be wise, smart, and sharp.

If you go dey Waka like normal person dey smile anyhow for computer village, hands go touch before u know it.

You gats dey Waka like thug, do face like person wey lick like, Dem sef observe face.

If na phone u wan buy, I don't have advise for you other than to go into these registered or recognised shops like slot, else u go carry Fufu come house

Gbam, truer words.

Tho I've not been scammed b4 at the comp village grin
I don't pray to be scammed embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by udemzyudex(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2021
You see that glass house area where you board egbeda bus, you have to be very careful when walking around that area.

Those guys are crazy, I don't like putting my phone inside my pocket while walking because those guys are very fast, before you say jack your phone is gone and don't operate your phone while walking.

Focus, because they are always hanging around watching especially at night.
Sorry for your lost bro, hopefully you will recover your phone, else another buyer is waiting to purchase it as we speak or it's been sold as parts already.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by einsteine(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2021
Darkseid:
Nigerian banks are just too useless. People have been complaining about thieves using their stolen SIM card to purchase airtime but till now they've refused to do anything about it.

What are they supposed to do about it?
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Candidlady: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2021
Lagos the hq of all yoluba crooks in the world!
over'rated state!!
who no fear yoluba ppl no fear god!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by kalvoken(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2021
danieldinho:
Today been the 25th day of oct 2021, I had a terrible and shocking experience at computer village Ikeja. I went for a transaction at my bank around allen junction aromire street, on my way back i got to under bridge looking for a bus going to my direction at the park. As i was abt boarding a bus going to Egebeda i was attacked unconsciously i felt my phone left my pocket and the others held me like a pin b4 i could regain myself phone was gone, and all boys holding me gone too disappearing in the thin air luckily for me my money was intact, the phone is not up to a month, i bought it around oct 8, phone is infinix note 10, the pack and imei are available i dnt know if the phone can be recovered via tracking.

Pleaase folks be careful around computer village ikeja and also be vigilant. Of a truth i was carried away with some thoughts on my head computer village today gave me a shocking early birthday gift two days earlier.

Thus is nothing about computer village, Nigeria in general is dangerous now
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Blackey(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2021
Sorry about the loss of your phone bro. Happy birthday in advance. We're birthday mates...you, me and Falz cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Luckydonalds(m): 9:39am On Oct 26, 2021
lanreabbey:
That why I always tell people to always use PIN Code for their Sim apart from the phone Pass code
Please how can this be done?

Edit: Google is your friend, I just successfully enabled SIM LOCƘ on my two SIMs
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by jeff1607(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2021
sureinfo:
Nice share, in your dealings always try to be conscious and careful to avoid stories that touch. Btw, have you guys tried the new Oraimo Freepod 3? It's got a convertible make and the water resistant feature is really cool.

People like u don’t know where to draw the line

Tueh!!!!!!

An ad where one just lamented about his misfortune

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by nedekid: 9:40am On Oct 26, 2021
danieldinho:
On getiing home my account has been use to purchase airtime b4 i quickly run to the bank, my sim card number was getting wrong number each time i called the line, i have gone to make a police report of the incident also. I plead to fellow nairalander that are expert in phone recovering and tracking to come to my rescue if the phone is trackable all details are available via request.
Bros, most folks on nairaland just come here to hear gist, make tribalistic comments etc. Some of us, despite our life experiences still look out for one or two things to learn.
Sorry for your unfortunate experience. My reason for the above rant is that on this forum, we have been advice several times to put a SIM Lock password on your sim card especially the one you use for your banking and other sensitive transactions. The reason is that if your phone is stolen and your sim removed and placed in another phone to acess your ussd banking, it will be useless. Had you done that, despite your phone being lost you wount have lost your money.
Anyway sorry. Good you made a police report protecting yourself from any fallout. Quickly recover your line.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by dapolaw(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2021
What nonsense is this nitori olorun, someone said he was robbed at under bridge and he clearly described where he was robbed but all you could come out with is this ribberish.... You people are so pathetic.

Strika22:

It is very mischievous of you for the misleading headline and putting computer village in a bad light. From the narration, the incidence happened at Ikeja Along not Computer village. Narrating a story just to grace front page. I fear who no fear you, you must have a very pathetic personality. Say things as it is nah.
You better change that your headline.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Tayosteve(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2021
saddler:
Since your phone was stolen at the time you wanted to enter bus going to egbeda, it is wrong to tag computer village as reason for your unfortunate experience.

You were simply taught a lesson everyone in Lagos should learn. You cant be in Lagos and at the bus stop and be dull to the extent they picked your pocket.

It could have happened anywhere e.g Oshodi, iyana ipaja, Obalende etc.

Sorry for your loss but the place they picked your pocket isnt computer village, it was at the bus stop. Some people reading this now will think its inside the market they stole your phone.

Next time be smart and sharp at every Lagos bus stop.

Are you sure you are okay? " He was taught a lesson everyone in lagos should learn" are you really serious about it? I'm sure you know how he got robbed. Is it a good thing to got robbed in a sane country?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by WestgateTech: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2021
Sorry about that.

Please endeavor to visit recognized stores next time like us.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by MufasaLion: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2021
Gadafii:
That computer village na something else, if them never defraud you there you never be lagosian proper cheesy

That site be like where lagosians get baptised to be wise, smart, and sharp.

If you go dey Waka like normal person dey smile anyhow for computer village, hands go touch before u know it.

You gats dey Waka like thug, do face like person wey lick like, Dem sef observe face.

If na phone u wan buy, I don't have advise for you other than to go into these registered or recognised shops like slot, else u go carry Fufu come house

So it's until you get defrauded, robbed, or cheated that you that makes you a "proper Lagosian"? Be deceiving yourself. Most people that do get defrauded and cheated in Computer Village are those that are greedy. You can't be greedy and expect good result.

Everyone knows how dubious most guys are in Computer Village but still, many would still go ahead to buy phones from the street urchins advertising high-end phones at a very ridiculous cheap prices. I don't pity the victims of any foul play at Computer Village.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by hismerhill(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2021
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Saynotoapc(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2021
MufasaLion:
Damn!

How they could pin you down in a broad daylight is still a mystery to me.

Bro it happens
Upper iweka is a case study.
Onitsha, upper iweka, boys will pin you down on broad day light, even passer-by won't intervene.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Strika22(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2021
daewoorazer:

If you have no iota of empathy in you, do well to read and comprehend before you hop into meaningless conclusions.

Didn’t you read the part where he said he was ATTACKED AND PINNED DOWN?
If you know Ikeja very well, you will know that Ikeja underbridge is not computer village. It was wrong for him to tag it computer village. What he experienced is common occurrence at Lagos bus-stops.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Strika22(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2021
saddler:
Since your phone was stolen at the time you wanted to enter bus going to egbeda, it is wrong to tag computer village as reason for your unfortunate experience.

You were simply taught a lesson everyone in Lagos should learn. You cant be in Lagos and at the bus stop and be dull to the extent they picked your pocket.

It could have happened anywhere e.g Oshodi, iyana ipaja, Obalende etc.

Sorry for your loss but the place they picked your pocket isnt computer village, it was at the bus stop. Some people reading this now will think its inside the market they stole your phone.

Next time be smart and sharp at every Lagos bus stop.
Exactly my thoughts. It was mischievous of him to tag it computer village.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Strika22(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2021
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Darkseid(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2021
einsteine:

What are they supposed to do about it?
They can request for PIN even when you're buying airtime on your line, because that's exactly what the criminals do.
They buy airtime through your bank to your line since there's no prompt for PIN, after that they send it the airtime to another number.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by megafem1: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2021
Strika22:

If you know Ikeja very well, you will know that Ikeja along bus-stop is not computer village. It was wrong for him to tag it computer village. What he experienced is common occurrence at Lagos bus-stops.
I don't how this thing still happen in 9ja. Is there cases where the person try to fight them ? maybe probably he has any self defense weapon with him. This is pathetic in this generation
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by omorttee4u(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2021
danieldinho:
On getiing home my account has been use to purchase airtime b4 i quickly run to the bank, my sim card number was getting wrong number each time i called the line, i have gone to make a police report of the incident also. I plead to fellow nairalander that are expert in phone recovering and tracking to come to my rescue if the phone is trackable all details are available via request.

If police really want to do their work well, they've trapped themselves already by purchasing air time from your line.
But their corrupt mind will make you spend close to the cost of the phone. Sorry for the loss.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by megafem1: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2021
Darkseid:
They can request for PIN even when you're buying airtime on your line, because that's exactly what the criminals do.
They buy airtime through your bank to your line since there's no prompt for PIN, after that they send it the airtime to another number.
UBA ask for pin even for self recharge.

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Darkseid(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2021
megafem1:
UBA ask for pin even for self recharge.
Many other banks don't, at least I'm sure of GTB and Access Bank.

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Strika22(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2021
-
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Spherical77(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2021
nedekid:

Bros, most folks on nairaland just come here to hear gist, make tribalistic comments etc. Some of us, despite our life experiences still look out for one or two things to learn.
Sorry for your unfortunate experience. My reason for the above rant is that on this forum, we have been advice several times to put a SIM Lock password on your sim card especially the one you use for your banking and other sensitive transactions. The reason is that if your phone is stolen and your sim removed and placed in another phone to acess your ussd banking, it will be useless. Had you done that, despite your phone being lost you wount have lost your money.
Anyway sorry. Good you made a police report protecting yourself from any fallout. Quickly recover your line.
I guess one can buy Airtime without ussd pin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / How Can I Check For Easybuy Scam When buying Used Phone? / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.