Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) (1264 Views)

See Flamboyant Zimbabwean Pastor's N34-million Nightclub Bill In SA (PIX) / How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA / Last Photos Of Tagbo Umeike Drinking & Sitting In Front Of Alcohol Before Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Church of Alcohol Pope worried about dwindling numbers

GABOLA Church members in South Africa are known for enjoying their favourite booze while listening to the Word of God. Gabola means to drink in the local SeTswana language.

But the recent liquor price hikes caused by the covid lockdowns and subsequent alcohol bans have both congregants and church leader, Pope Tsietsi Makiti, worried.

Makiti held a special prayer on Sunday, 24 October for the prices to drop.

In one of the videos doing the rounds on social media, Makiti could be seen wearing his church attire and holding various types of alcohol while he prayed.

The pope told the Daily Sun (tabloid newspaper) people have been coming to him complaining about the high prices of alcohol.

“I decided to pray [for them] because I trust my prayer. I know that something will happen. I want the alcohol prices to drop nationwide.

“When alcohol is expensive, it makes my congregants broke. I can’t allow that. I want them to drink, but still have money to take care of their families,” he said.

Makiti said, with prayer, anything was possible.

“I’ve never prayed for nothing. When I pray, my God hears and changes the situation around.”

Church members hoping for lower booze prices

Church member, Muzi Zwane, said he used to buy a big Black Label beer bottle for 15 rands (420 naira) before Covid-19 hit, but it now costs R20 (N560).

“I can’t afford that, it is too much. I also pray that my pope’s prayer be heard,” he said.

Another church member, Dudu Mnguni, said: “I love alcohol, but it’s too costly now. I will end up quitting church and alcohol if it continues this way.”

Gabola church was founded in 2017 by Tsietsi Makiti (a male army nurse) to capture the unchurched people that would ordinarily be in bars instead of churches. Congregants are baptized with alcohol.

1 Share

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by Righteousness2(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
The Coming of JESUS Christ is soooo Near, so you need to be Prepared to see and Hear all sorts and Manners of things.

Just Don't let them make you lose Focus .
Keep your eyes in skies, JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by Babaken(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Merciful God, if men were God.
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by slawormiir: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Damnnn niggar

That looks like a church I will love to attend

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gabola church is like a travelling band - moving from bar to bar "spreading the word of God".

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by BlackSpanner: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
No wonder Jesus said "It is finished ".

1 Like

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by Treasure17(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Weird things happening lately.

1 Like

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
This is how Gabola Church (Church of Alcohol) survived months of lockdown and alcohol bans in South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9JyYK18Xsw

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by APCNig: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2021
You try this in the Mosque, even your generations yet unborn will regret it.

Jesus is gentle shaaa.

Meanwhile, we Muslims drink more than you Christians. Once you are not caught, you are free. We meet on the judgement day

2 Likes

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by APCNig: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2021
TMKsouth:
Gabola church is like a travelling band - moving from bar to bar "spreading the word of God".

Let the congregation spread the " word of God" to the nearest Mosque, then I will know you are genuine.
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by APCNig: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

That looks like a church I will love to attend

But, go with your own Weed, they don't distribute Weed there, only Alcohol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2021
APCNig:

Let the congregation spread the " word of God" to the nearest Mosque, then I will know you are genuine.

They are a Christian church, I believe. Anyway, the church members themselves don't do much travelling - remember they'd rather be boozing and jolling in a pub instead. That's why the church comes to them cheesy
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by Bamzyriches451: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Akurre
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by theTranscriber: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
From madness to madness
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by Kunlelee: 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
When you think you've seen it all
Re: Church Of Alcohol 'Pope' Holds Prayer For High Booze Prices To Drop in SA (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
theTranscriber:
From madness to madness

What was the initial madness

(1) (Reply)

What Kizz Daniel Is Doing Wrong [video] / Sophia Momodu Fuels Dating Rumours With Davido / Mysterious Things That Happened During MOHBAD Son's Child Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.