Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

The Pink Clouds - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pink Clouds (4240 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 2:25am On Dec 18, 2021
“I can’t believe it happened, I have never imagined myself talking to her like that,” Achuba said as they headed back to their table.

“I told you, you could have been her boyfriend for a long time ago if you had spoken to her earlier,” Richard said.

“I’m really glad I’m talking to her today, because without your advice, I could have ruined my chamce,” Thomas revealed.
“What do you mean?”

“I was thinking of express my feelings to her on the first day we start talking,” he explained.

“It would have turned out terribly,” Richard laughed.
They walked back to their table and ordered for a chicken and fried rice. They ate til they were satisfied. At last, they decided to go back to their hostel. The three of them stood up and headed to exit of the restaurant. As soon as they got out, Richard saw two expensive cars parking in front of the restaurant. Unexpectedly, he saw Rebecca coming from one of the cars. Another young man came down from the car and held her hand, and soon, they were surrounded by tree of his bodyguards.
Rebecca was wearing a red gown at that time. She looked so beautiful that Richard couldn’t take his eyes off her. When their eyes met, he instantly felt like he was sinking into the ground. He instantly felt like he was in a vacuum with no air. Rebecca quickly looked away as if he doesn’t exist. Richard felt like he has been stabbed with a sword through his heart.

“That’s the daughter of our new Vice chancellor,” Achuba announced.

“Wow! I never knew girl like her exist in our school,” Thomas said.
“You just arrived at the school today, there are a lot for you to discover,” Achuba laughed.

“And who is the man with her?” Richard asked.

“He is a senator of this district,” Achuba explained.

Story_Continues

2 Likes

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 2:27am On Dec 18, 2021
Guys please read episode 17 @ www.dapalace.com I have tried to post it severally but they keep blocking me here
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 2:29am On Dec 18, 2021
The pink Clouds

Episode_19&20

Richard became totally disorientated after seeing Rebecca. More than ever, he regretted why left. He remembered about the good times they used to have and how happy she used to be when she see him. But now, he is just a trash in her eyes. He became silent and couldn’t think about anything but her.
They boarded a taxi and were on their way to the university. Richard leaned his head against the car and was lost in his thought, while Achuba kept talking about happy he was to have finally talked to Tina. Thomas was the only person talking back.
“Hey Richard, what’s the matter?” Achuba asked when he noticed his silence.

“Is nothing, I just feel like going mute for some minutes,” Richard answered.

“So, how many girlfriends do you have?” Thomas asked.

“I have none,” Richard replied.

“That’s lie, do you expect us to believe this shallow lie?” They both laughed.

“For the past five years, I haven’t been myself,” Richard replied with his head still leaned on the car.

“Is something wrong?” Achuba asked noticing Richard’s reaction.

“Is nothing, I just I’m not alive,” Richard uttered.

“Please do tell us what’s bothering you,” Thomas insisted.
They pressured him for minutes, but Richard refused to tell them what’s wrong to the extend that left him alone. They arrived at the university at about 7:30 pm. As they were heading to their hostel, Thomas received a call from his asking him to go meet her.

“Do you know where the female hostel is?” Thomas asked Achuba.

“Well,

is quite far from here, is at at the extreme of the university,” Achuba explained.
“Do you suggest we take a taxi there?” Thomas asked.

“We will surely get tired by the time we reach there, but at least you will take stroll around the university,” Achuba replied.

“What do you say Richard, do we walk their or take a taxi?” Thomas asked Richard.

Richard thought about it for while. He thought he can be relieved of his pain if he is occupied having fun.

“I think walking there will be fun,” Richard replied.

“That’s great,” Thomas said and they started walking. They explore the university as they walked. When they come across a fine building, Achuba will tell them more about it.

After minutes of walking, they came across the university staff quarters. It was much bigger than the one Richard had previously seen. There was a very big garden just before staff quarters. There were many trees of variety of fruits planted in rows. There was a stream that divided the university from the staff quarters. A bridge was there the end of the garden. He was suddenly of the garden he usually sit and study in his former school. He remembered the second time he saw Rebecca walking close to the garden and how beautiful she looked. He happiness faded as soon as he remembered how she treated him and happy he saw her with the senator.
There were some few students around the stream who were on some kind of romantic date.
“I guess you will be bringing Tina here soon,” Thomas said to Achuba.

“I hope so,” Achuba replied after he had stopped laughing.

“I heard that there is a waterfall behind those trees over there,” Achuba continued and pointed in the direction of the trees.

“Wow! Can we go and take a look?” Thomas asked.

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 2:31am On Dec 18, 2021
Episode 19 & 20 continuation

Don’t you see that there no is lightening around there? Don’t you think it will dangerous?” Richard asked.
“Relax Richard, this not a jungle,” Achuba replied.

“You will make a terrible hunter had it been you were born in the olden day,” Thomas laughed.

“Thank God I was not born in the olden days,” Richard laughed.
They walked over the bridge to the staff quarters. The house were all similar with even the same flowers and trees planted around them. They looked so similar that one cannot tell them apart. They were arranged in rows with much space between them.

“Wow!

Do the occupants of these houses tell which one is their house?” Thomas asked confusingly.
“I guess the houses are numbered, besides, they can’t be 100% similar. There have to be some difference that they can use to know which one is their house,” Richard explained.
“Can you tell me the difference between those two houses?” Thomas requested.
“Is pretty obvious, the tree in the first house is taller and tinner, while the one in the second house is shorter with more branches,” Richard explained.

“Wow! You are actually right,” Thomas smiled after nothing there differences.

They walked for some minutes before arriving at the female hostels behind the staff quarters. There many trees at the front of hostels. Under the were park benches painted black and white.

“Is this a romance university or an academic university?” Richard asked when he noticed that all the benches were occupied by couples on a date.

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” Achuba laughed.
Thomas brought out his phone and called his sister. Some minutes later, she came out along with another girl.
“Wow! You made friends already,” she said as they approach them.

“Yeah, I can see that you’ve also made a friend,” Thomas replied.

“Yes, she is my roommate,” she replied.

“Hello,” the other girl said.

“How are you?” Thomas asked.

“I’m fine, how about you?” Thomas inquired.

“I’m okay,” Thomas smiled.

“So, how did you meet your friends?” His sister asked.

“They are my roommates, and you met with Richard earlier today if you could remember,” Thomas informed.
“I don’t remember meeting anyone that looks like him,” she said as she took a proper look at Richard’s face.
“Of course she can’t remember me,” Richard replied.
“Do tell me where we met,” she requested.
“Do you recall being rude to anyone today?” Richard asked.
“I’m quite a naughty girl, I’m rude to almost everyone,” she said with a smiled.
“Oh if that’s the case, then I shouldn’t have taken it personal,” Richard smiled back.
“But at least do me how we met,” she insisted
“I will tell you if we meet again,” responded.
“I insist that you tell me now,” she replied.
“You asked me earlier if I have had a shower before coming here,” said Richard. She thought for seconds before she finally remembered.
“Wow! You have changed completely, I couldn’t even recognize you,” she said.
“I must have gotten more handsome,” she joked.
“Indeed, i’m already falling for you,” she laughed.
“Hey, we could give you some space you know, you don’t have to do it in our presence,” Thomas said.
“Is all a joke,” Richard said feeling somewhat guilty.
“Don’t mind him, he dated almost all my friends in highschool, I think is time for me to payback,” she explained.
“I don’t think you will be able to do that,” Thomas said.
They talked for minutes before they noticed that the sky was getting cloudier.
“It seems like is going to rain soon,” Richard informed and they all looked at the sky.
“You are right, we should probably head back,” Achuba suggested.
“It was really fun having you guys here today,” Thomas’s sister said.
“It was really nice meeting,” Richard smiled.
They looked around and couldn’t find a taxi. At last they decided to walk before they find one. They started walking their way back. When they were around the garden’s bridge, they noticed the headlights of a car approaching. But when it close to the bridge, one of the tires of the car broke and the car stopped moving. They noticed as the driver got down from the car to observe. As they got closer to the car, the passenger door was opened. Because it was dark, they didn’t see whom the person was.
By that time, the sky looked like it will started raining any moment.
“Richard! Is that you?” Asked a female voice. When Richard got to the car, he was absolutely shocked to notice that it was Pro. Grace.
“Is that really you?” She asked as she walked closer to him. He felt guilty about what happened five years ago. He has ruined his life and embarrassed of seeing her.
“Where have you been all these years?” She asked. But Richard remained silent and couldn’t utter a word.
“Good evening ma’am,” Thomas greeted when he realized whom she was.

“Evening,” she barely responded.

“Are you a student in this school?” She asked Richard.

“Yes I am,” Richard replied.

“Okay, it looks like is about to rain now. Make sure you see me in my office tomorrow, we need to talk,” she instructed.
“Okay ma’am, I will be there,” he replied. And soon, another car came and picked her.

“So you know Prof. Grace,” Achuba said.

“Yes I know her,” Richard replied.

“You are more strange than you appeared to be,” Thomas commented.

“You can say that,” Richard smiled.

“Is there something you are not telling us?” Achuba asked.

“No

at all, she used to be my lecturer in my previous school,” Richard explained.
“Ohh that explains,” Achuba replied.
They came across a taxi as soon as they left garden. They boarded and made their way back to their hostel. By the time they arrived their room, it was already some few minutes after 10 pm. As soon as it they entered their room, it started raining heavily. Dino had already slept when they arrived.
“Where have you guys heen?” Armstrong asked. He was going through hi phone while lying on his bed.

“We have been to quite many places,” Achuba replied.

“I finally talked to Tina today,” Achuba continued.

“Really? How did that happen?” Armstrong asked as he sat up.

“Well, it was all thanks to Richard, you don’t happy I am today,” Achuba explanation.

Rebecca had just left her friends’ place and was heading back home in her car. As she was driving, a thought of Richard came to her all of a sudden. For the first time 3 years, a thought of Richard came to her. She remembered how she was broken for days after she was told that Richard had left school. She thought she had forgotten about him completely, but after seeing him today, she felt something unique that she only felt once in her entire life. It was an old feeling she couldn’t resist only when she was around Richard.

But considering how perfect her life is, she thought it was a good thing that she pretended not to have known him. Besides, the way he appeared earlier was quite obvious that he had lost it. It was disappointing to her that he was like that. She arrived home at about 11 pm and still found her Mum in the living.
“I thought you have slept already,” Rebecca said as she sat beside her.

“I’m about to go to bed, I have had something done,” her mother answered.

“I’m super exhausted, I think will be going to bed” Rebecca said as she stood up.

“Alright dear, sleep well,” Prof. Grace answered.

“Thank you,” Rebecca replied answered.

She headed to her bedroom and was some few meters away from her mother when she was being called. She stopped walking and turned.
“I saw Richard today,” her mother announced.
“I did see him today too,” Rebecca replied.
“What a foolish boy, look how he wasted his life,” mother said.
“Indeed,” Rebecca replied.
“I tried looking for his sister’s phone number, but I couldn’t find it,” Prof. Grace added.
“What do you want to do with his sister’s phone number?” Rebecca asked.
“I will inform her that about his whereabouts of course, she came to the school almost five times after he had left to see if he will come back,” Prof. Grace explained.
“I don’t think you should interfare in other people’s life. He chose to be like this so that’s his problem,” Rebecca said.
Her mother was so surprised when Rebecca said that.
“Are you sure you know which Richard I’m talking about?” Her mother asked.
“I’m very sure I know which Richard you are referring to,” Rebecca replied.
“Have you forgotten what he had done for you? You were able to pass your final year exams at one sitting because of him,” her mother reminded.
“I could have done it even without his help,” Rebecca answered.
“Wow! You are getting more ungrateful every single day, why are you like this Rebecca?” Her mother asked.

“Goodnight

Mum,” Rebecca said and walked to her room.
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 2:31am On Dec 18, 2021
Episode 19 & 20 continuation

One week later, Richard and Thomas woke up early in the morning. It was the first they were supposed to have their first lectures in the university. It was also the day the new students will be havimg a welcoming ceremony by the school SUG. Thomas was super exited because he was expericing it for the first time. He kept pressuring Richard to get ready on time so that they won’t be late.
“Relax, it will come to a time where you will totally get tired of the lectures,” Richard said.
“You are totally right,” Achuba uttered with his eyes closed while laying on his bed.
“Hey, I thought you are sleeping,” Richard exclaimed.
“We are also going to have a lecture by 8 am, but I feel like we will be skipping the class since this is the first,” Achuba said.
“Do as you please man,” Richard laughed
Richard took his bath and got dressed in a black long sleeve shirt and a brown trouser. He wore a black shore that perfectly matched the shirt he was wearing.
“Wow! You look totally amazing,” Thomas commented.
“Thank you,” Richard smiled.
“Have you guys eaten something before leaving?” Achuba asked as they were about to walk out.
“No we haven’t, but we will once we arrived at our faculty,” Thomas replied.
“Okay, I wish you good luck,” Achuba said.
They walked out of their hostel and stopped at a bookshop opposite to the hostel. The bookshop was filled with many kinds of books and photocopying machines. There were many students at there, all trying to buy their materials for the first lectures. Richard and Thomas squeezed through the crowd and found themselves some space in the front. They bought some books and pens before they left the bookshop. They headed to their faculty as soon they were done.
They arrived at the department and were confused on where their venue for the lectures is supposed to be. They walked into the wrong venue with the third year students having their lectures. They sat among the third year student for about 10 minutes before Richard realized that they are in wrong place.
“I don’t think we are in the right place,” Richard whispered in Thomas ear.
“I said it, no wonder I couldn’t find my sister,” Thomas replied.
They sat for five minutes trying to figure out how they could exit the class without embarrassing themselves. At last, Richard finally gained the courage and stood up.
“Where are you going to?” The lecturer asked when he saw Richard leaving.
“I came to the wrong class sir,” Richard answered.
“What do you mean wrong class?” The lecturer asked.
“I’m a 100 level student, so I’m yet to be familiar with the venues of the department,” Richard replied and the whole venue started laughing.
“This is ridiculous, don’t you know which course you were supposed to do? This is a 300 level course, you are supposed to know the moment you walked into this class,” the lecturer criticized.
“Well, I couldn’t tell at first because this course is a continuation of what we were supposed to do this morning,” Richard said.
“Ours is scientific programming, while yours is system programming. Amateurs like us can’t tell the difference,” Richard smiled.
The lecturer was left speechless. He looked at Richard for a while before he gave him the permission to leave.
“Who else is also a first year student?” The lecturer asked and about 10 students stood up and the lecture theatre was sent in chaos with laugher.
“You can leave with him,” the lecturer laughed and the students went after Richard.

Richard asked one of the students he met outside where his venue was and was told that it was on the upper floor. Richard walked to the lecturer and his mates were behind him. He stopped walking when he arrived at the door of the hall. He was hopping that one of the people behind him would walk in before him. But they all stopped as soon as they saw him stopping.

“Why are you guys stopping?” Richard asked.

“You are the leader, you go in before us,” one of the people behind him said.

“Since whe did I become your leader?” Richard asked.
“Since when you spoke to that lecturer,” the boy replied. Richard walked into the hall along with Thomas. Surprisingly, the lecturer didn’t mind. Thomas saw his sister sitting with an empty sit beside her. He quickly went and sat beside her.
“Where you been?” She asked.
“We got lost,” Thomas replied.
She turned behind to take proper look at Richard.

“Hello handsome,” she smiled.

“Hello beautiful,” Richard replied.
“It seems like you were busy with makeup and you forgot about your lecture today,” she smiled.
“I didn’t even want to come out, I was forced by your brother to come out,” Richard replied.
“Really? Why didn’t you want to come?” She asked.
“I’m not prepared,” Richard answered..

At this point, the lecturer caught sight of them talking.
“It seems like those two over there are delivering a lecture more interesting than mine,” the lecturer said she walked to them.
“The two of you should stand up,” the lecturer asked. Richard and Thomas’s sister stood. He asked Thomas’s sister a question about his lesson, but she couldn’t not answer. But when asked Richard, he answered all his questions right.
“What is your name?” The lecturer asked.
“My name is Richard sir,” he replied.
“So Mr Richard, tell me why you are here,” the lecturer asked.
“I’m here to learn sir,” Richard replied.
“No you are not, you came late and did as you like in my class, you should have stayed since you know everything,” the lecturer nagged.
“I’m sorry sir, I’ve made terrible mistake. I promise it won’t happen again,” Richard apologized.
“Of course it won’t happen again, because this will be the last time you will be in my class,” the lecturer declared.
“Now, you should leave my class,” the commanded and Richard walked out alone. He went to small class opposite to the hall and sat there.
About an hour later, the lecture was over and the students started walking out of the hall. As the lecturer was heading to his office, Richard quietly walked behind him. He waited for five minutes after he walked into the office before knocking at the door.
“Come in,” came the lecturer’s voice.
“You again,” the lecturer said when Richard revealed himself.
“I’m truly sorry sir, my behaviour earlier was truly unacceptable,” Richard apologized.
“Why did you do it since you know is wrong?” The lecturer asked.
“This is the first time I’ve ever offended a teacher in school, you know I’m in a new place, so I’m yet to settle psychological,” Richard insisted.
“Judging by your action, I can tell you are a cautious student. I can forgive you this time,” the lecturer conceded.
“Thank you so much sir,” Richard appreciated.
When Richard walked out of the office, he found Thomas and his sister waiting for him.
“Getting yourself into trouble on your first day,” Thomas as Richard approach them.
“Well, you can blame the lady beside you, she got me into it,” Richard replied, and by that time, he had gotten to where they were.
“What did the lecturer said?” Thomas’s sister asked.
“Let’s say he isn’t mad at me anymore,” Richard answered.
“I’m sorry for getting you into trouble,” she smiled.
“Is okay,”.
“Let’s go and get something to eat, I’m really hungry,” Thomas announced.
“That has been on my mind,” Richard replied and the three of them headed out of the faculty.
When they got out of the faculty, Richard spotted Pro. Grace and the Dean of his faculty standing right next to her. The moment he saw her, he quickly turned trying to walk back into his faculty.
“Richard!” She called out. He stopped walking and walked to her feeling somewhat embarrassed. He walked slowly to her and stood before her.
“Good morning ma’am” Richard greeted.
“Good morning, how have you been doing?” She asked.
“I’ve okay doing okay,” Richard answered.
“Can I have a look at your identification card?” She requested.
“Okay ma’am,” politely replied.
Thomas and his sister were ahead of the watching everything. After Prof. Grace took a better look at his identity card, she put it into her handbag.

“Come to my house in the evening and collect it,” she instructed.

“But I don’t know where your house is” Richard complained.
“If you can’t find my house, then you can’t be part of this University anymore. And for your information, if you don’t come tonight, I will make sure that you are expelled. And you know you I don’t joke around with my words,” Prof. Grace warned. At this point, she got the attention of all the students around them.
“Thanks what did he do?” The Dean asked.

“Something displeasing,” she replied.

“Well, the I suggest you do as she say, or else we won’t hesitate to expel you for disobeying the administrator of the university,” the the Dean said to Richard.

“I will do as she say,” Richard replied.

“That’s left for you to decide,” Prof. Grace replied.

“What just happened?” Thomas asked Richard confusingly after he had caught up with them.

“Is nothing,” Richard smiled.

“I knew there are alot of things you are hiding from us,” Thomas doubted.

“Is really not a big deal. She is just mad at me for going to her house as she instructed me the other time,” Richard replied.
“If I may ask, why didn’t you and meet her when she asked for you?” Thomas asked.

“Besides, they way she acted was pretty obvious that she knew you before you even came here,” Thomas said.

He pressured Richard for minutes to tell me what was between him and Prof. Grace. Richard agreed to him what happened, but only after they gone back to their room. At around 12 pm, there was supposed to be a welcoming ceremony for new students. The ceremony was to take place in a very big auditorium opposite to the Senate building of the university. The ceremony was organized by the SUG President of the school. It was supposed to be to some sort of orientation and party at the same time. Richard decided to go back to his room, because he thought it will not be fun.

“Hey, I thought you are supposed to have a welcome party today,” Achuba said as Richard walked into the room.
“I don’t think it will be very interesting, so I decided to come and have some sleep,” Richard replied.

“Wow! Who would ever want to miss that? Don’t you know that after the welcoming ceremony is a party that is going to last the whole night?” Achuba questioned.
“I’m pretty aware of that, I’m not just into that kind of stuff,” Richard replied.

“The my friend you really need saving,” Achuba laughed.
He brought out his phone and called Thomas and informed him that Richard is not going. After about 10 minutes, Thomas was in the room.

“Tell one good reason why you aren’t going,” Thomas asked.
“I just feel like staying in the room for now, afterwards, I Will be seeing prof. Grace shortly,” Richard answered.

“That reminds me, you said you will tell me what happened between you and Prof Grace when we come back,” Thomas reminded.

“Don’t you have a party to attend?” Richard said trying to change the topic.

“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what happened,” he requested.

“What happened?” Achuba asked curiously.
“You remember when Prof. Grace asked him to go and see her? It turned out that he didn’t. She got really mad about it today that she seized his identity card and mandated him to see her today at her house or else he will be expelled,” Thomas explained. “That’s sounds so serious,” Achuba replied.
“Yes it is. So Richard, tell us what really happened?” Thomas asked.
“Well, is more complicated than you think,” Richard answered.
“I used to be her favorite student back then,” he continued.
“Then..” Achuba said wanting to hear more.
“She hired to teach her daughter,” Richard replied.
“By her daughter, do you mean Rebecca?” Achuba asked.
“Yes I mean Rebecca,” Richard uttered.
Achuba quickly sat up when he heard that.
“This is getting more interesting,” he smiled.
“Don’t get so excited, because things turned out to be messy after that,” Richard replied.
“I used to have a girlfriend called Janet, she committed suicide when she discovered that I was in love with Rebecca, that’s why I left school,” Richard narrated.
They became silent after Richard made that statement.
“What your family said about you quiting school?” Achuba asked.
“I haven’t been home for the last five years,” Richard replied.
“That’s really insane Richard, why would you do something like that?” Thomas asked.
“That’s why I didn’t want to tell you in the first place, I know you will be mad at me,” Richard answered.
“I’m not only angry, I’m also surprised. And do you know the worst part of it? Is the fact that you even left home,” Thomas complained.
“You weren’t in my shoes, you don’t know what I’ve been through,” Richard replied.
“Do your parents know where you are?” Achuba asked.
“Actually, my parents died when I was young,” Richard mentioned.
They became weakened after hearing that.
“I’m sorry about that,” Thomas and Achuba both said.
“Is okay. My sister worked all her best to get me an admission into the university, and I left school at the end. I couldn’t bring myself to go see her,” Richard explained.
“Why did you have to leave school in the first place just because somebody died?” Achuba asked.
“Because everyone keep blaming for her death, even my best friend was against me. He warned me serveal times not get involved with Rebecca, but I ignored him,” Richard explained.
“I know understand, but you shouldn’t have left home no matter what,” Achuba explained.
“How about Rebecca, do you still love her?” Thomas questioned.
“More than ever,” Richard replied.
“But you walked pass each other at the restaurant the other like you have never known each other,” Achuba commented.
“Well, I have become a totally failure, she doesn’t want to do anything that has to do with me,” Richard replied.
“Has she ever loved you?” Thomas asked.
“Absolutely, she couldn’t even help it, but I don’t she will ever love me again,” Richard said.
“Is so unfortunate that you left school, you could have been successful with a job right now,” Thomas said.
“Yes definitely,” Richard replied.
“Do you think you really need school to be successfu?” Achuba asked.
“Of course you do,” Thomas replied.

“That’s the problem with most our people, we are made to made to believe that going to school is the only way to get a decent life,” Achuba Said.

“But in reality, you can be successful with the so called degree certificate,” Achuba said.

“But they probability of you getting a job government is also low,” Richard replied.

“So, you believe if you get a job from the government, you now become successful,” achuba said rhetorically.
“Yes,”

“The government work is nothing but salvery. The ones at top of the parliament do nothing much and earn more than the ones at the bottom,” Achuba said.

“That’s how it is,” Richard replied.

“You break out of that system by being an entrepreneur,” Achuba said..

“You talk as if that will be an easy thing to do,” Richard said.

“You know what? I currently have a business going at home. I didn’t come to school because I need the certificate to get a job, I want to be a politician in the future, that’s why I’m studying political science,” Achuba explained.

“Really? What kind of business do you do?” Richard asked surprisingly.

“I engage in many businesses, but the major one of them all is that I import phones and computers,” he explained.

“Wow! That means you are rich,”

“Not really, I just live an average life. The point is, you really don’t need this certificate to succeed,” he explained.

“So, how about you? What do you need your certificate for?” He continued by asking Richard.

“I don’t know, I just thought it will be fun being a computer engineer,” Richard replied.

“Didn’t you have guidance and counseling unit in your secondary School?” Achuba asked.

“We do, but is not functioning well,” Richard replied.

“That’s major problem of the Nigerian educational system. It only trains people to be civil servants and not entrepreneurs, that’s why they don’t give much emphasis on guiding young people to be independent in the future,” Achuba explained.
“You seemed to be more knowledgeable than I expected,” Thomas commented.

“I’m studying political science, remember?” Achuba laughed.

“So, what do you suggest I should do?” Richard asked.

“What do you think is your talent? Think of the course that favours your talent, that’s what you should be studying in the university. People’s opinion shouldn’t bother you as far you believe it will help you,” Achuba replied.

“I’m only good at calculation, that’s why I chose computer engineering in the first place,” Thomas replied hopelessly.

“Think deep within yourself, you must have some experience of any kind,” Achuba insisted.

“Well, I used to work in a poultry farm and a fish pond,” Richard replied.

“Excellent, you know you can earn alot from that, right?” Achuba asked.

“Yes I’m aware of how much my employer earns,” Richard replied.

“And I’m pretty sure that you emlpoyer didn’t study anything relating to fish farming or poultry farming. Think of possibilities ahead of you if you study some relating to that in the university and learn more about business,” Achuba said.

“I can’t believe I have never thought of something like that. I just feel I’ve been blinded all this while,” Richard said excited.

“Don’t think you are failure yet, you can change a course and study fish farming. Is a course that many people look down at in the university, but that shouldn’t bother because you are going to studying with a purpose,” Achuba adviced.

“I will look into that,” Richard replied.

For the first time in five years, Richard had confidence in himself more than ever. He stopped regretting why he left, he felt like meeting Achuba is the best that has ever happened to him.
“So, what about Rebecca?” Thomas asked.
“It seems like she doesn’t care for me anymore,” Richard replied.

“That’s bullshit, why can’t you make her fall in love with you again?” Achuba asked.

“I will consider doing that too,” Richard smiled.

“That means you don’t love her if you have to consider making her fall for you,” Thomas replied and Richard started laughing.

Story_Continues

2 Likes

Re: The Pink Clouds by aprilwise(m): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2021
Wow I’m trilled with this story. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by jullyrosy(f): 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2021
Interesting story

More updates pls

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by jullyrosy(f): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
We need moreeeeeee! !!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by jullyrosy(f): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2021
More please

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
THE PINK CLOUDS

Episode_22

At about 5:00 pm, Richard informed Prof. Grace that he will be going.

“So soon? Is my place really boring?” She asked.

“No not at all,” Richard responded.

“You know I have extra rooms in the guest quarter, would you like to move here?” Prof. Grace offered.

“I would like to move, but friends won’t like that,” Richard replied.

“Is okay, I hope you will come here every day,” she said.
“But before you go, you should at least go and see Rebecca’s party,” she suggested.

“I don’t know if she will like it if I go there,” Richard said.

“She won’t dare,” Prof. Grace replied.

Richard really didn’t want to go, but for the sake of Prof. Grace, he decided to give it a look. He walked out of the living room and slowly headed towards the crowd. As he got closer, everyone turned to look at him.

“Hey, isn’t that Richard?” Amirah said excited.

“Of course is him,” Alice replied.

“Isn’t that the psycho that kept following Rebecca the other day?”

“And how did he get in here?” The senator asked furiously.

“I didn’t know,” Rebecca replied.

Richard stood still and looked into Rebecca’s eyes. Alice and Amirah were shocked and couldn’t believe what was happening.

“This Rebecca’s first love, she used to love him more than anything,” Amirah announced.

“What’s wrong with you Amirah? You know I really hate stupidity,” Rebecca yelled.

“Did you just yelled at me?” Amirah asked.
Before Rebecca could reply, Richard quickly intercepted.

“Look, I’m only here because your mother sent me to remind you of your phone. It has been ringing in the living room for the past hour,” Richard replied and left. As soon as he got out, he heard
Alice calling out his name. He stopped walking and watched as she and Amirah walked to him.

“I
don’t really know where to start from. Is the fact that I’m just seeing you for the first time in six years or the fact that Rebecca has completely become crazy,” Alice said.
“Well, we should start with the immediate problem, we can discuss about you seeing me for the first time in six years later,” Richard smiled.

“There won’t be any later, because we are going right now,” Alice replied.

“You can’t be serious, I don’t to be the reason why you fight with your friend,” Richard said trying to calm them.

“This isn’t just about you Richard, Rebecca has completely changed. Is like she’s no longer the person we used to know,” Amirah replied.

“I totally agree with that,” Richard said.

“Could you please wait for us while we go get our stuff?” Amirah asked.

“Okay, I will be right here,” Richard replied.
Alice and Amirah walked back into the house to the room where they settled. They picked up the small luggage the came with and headed out of the house. As they reached the gate, Rebecca saw the and she quickly ran after them. Before she could get to them, they were already out fo the house.
“Where are you guys going to?” Rebecca asked she got to them.

“Home of course,” Amirah replied.

“I’m really sorry Amirah, I really mean those words I said back there,” Rebecca apologized.

“I’m sorry Rebecca, we feel like coming here unexpected is trying to ruin your perfect party,” Alice said.

“Why are doing this to me?” Rebecca asked.

“The fact is Rebecca, you have changed, and we can’t deal with this new you. Imagine, we spent five hours of journey to come here and see you. When we called to come and pick us, you abandoned us for your precious new friends. I really do understand now, you are now rich and need to upgrade your friends, sorry we tried to downgrade you,” Amirah said.
Rebecca ran to her and hugged her”Please forgive me Amirah, I really really sorry,” Rebecca said as she cried like a baby.
“I really am horrible friend, I swear nothing like this will ever happen again,” she continued.

Amirah lifted her head off her chest and wiped off her tears.

“Is
good to have you back Rebecca,” she smiled.
“Do you mean you have forgiven me?” She asked.

“Yes we do,” Alice replied.

“Thank you,” she said as she ran to hug Alice.

Richard folded his arms as he watched their drama. He looked at Rebecca and wonder what was happening in her mind. When she looked in his direction, she saw him looking at her. He quickly looked at away pretending to be looking at something else.

“Can we please go back?” Rebecca asked.

“Is okay, we can go back,” Amirah replied.

“Richard,” Alice called.

“Yes!” He answered.

“Can we go back to the party?” She asked.

“I don’t think I can,” Richard replied.

“Why not? She already said she is sorry,” Amirah announced.

“I would love to, but I wasn’t really here for party. I was here to see Prof. Grace,” Richard replied.

“That’s sounds like an excuse to me,” Alice said.

“No is not. I will be here tomorrow, right now I have something to do,” Richard said and walked away.

“Looks like he’s still mad at you,” Alice said to Rebecca.

“Yes it seems so,” Rebecca replied.

“We know how to handle him if he comes tomorrow,” Alice said.
“Actually, I will be very busy tomorrow. You know I’m a medical student, our studies starts tomorrow, things are going to be really tough for me,” Rebecca explained.
“Come on Rebecca, is just one day. You can send a report to school pretending you are sick, then we will use that time to have some real fun,” Amirah said.
“Okay, if you insist,” Rebecca replied.
They walked back into the house. Instead of taking them to the guest quarter, Rebecca headed to her room with them.
“Hey, is everything alright?” Prof. Grace asked when she noticed them coming into the living room with their luggage.
“Everything is fine, I just decide we will all live in the same room,” Rebecca said.
“That’s better, I hope you will make them enjoy their stay here,”
“I will,” Rebecca smiled.
As they walked into the room, Alice and Amirah were wowed by it.
“You really are a princess Rebecca,” Amirah said excitedly.
“Look at this bed,” Alice said and she jumped on to the bed.
“And look at all these shoes and clothes” Amirah said she opened the closet.
“You can pick any of them,” Rebecca smiled.
“I’m good actually,” Amirah eplied.
“Hey, have you forgotten that you are running a party?” Alice asked.
“Don’t worry about it,” Rebecca said.
“No, we are good here. You really have to go so they won’t blame us for taking you away,” Amirah said.

By the time Richard got back to his room, it was already dark. He found everyone present in the room.

“Where have you been?” Thomas asked.

“I have been at Prof. Grace place,” he replied.

“Oh I totally forgot about that,” Thomas replied.

“So, how did the event go?” Richard asked.

“It was awesome, I was able to meet a girl,” Thomas replied.
“Was your sister present when you approached the girl?” Richard asked.

“Of course she was present, she can’t do anything about it,” Thomas laughed.

“We are even going out tonight,” he added.

“That’s really quick, what kind of a girl give herself so easily like that?” Richard asked.

“She seem so cheap to me,” Richard continued.

“That’s what you are thinking, but I think she is actually amazing,” Thomas replied.
Richard proceeded to his bed and sat down.

“You don’t seem okay, how was your meeting with Prof. Grace?” Achuba asked.

“It was okay,” Richard replied.

“Are you really sure?” Achuba asked.

“Yes, she wasn’t so mad at me as I expected,” Richard replied.

“She even suggested that I should go to her place and stay,” he added.

“Really? What did you say to her?” Achuba asked.

“I told her that you guys will not like it if I leave,” Richard replied.

“You could have accepted her offer, it will give you the chance to see Rebecca everyday and perhaps make her fall in love with you again,” Thomas said.
“He is right you know, being close to her will give you more chance,” Achuba supported.

“I have already decided,” Richard responded.

“You could have told us before you decided,” Thomas complained.

“Is okay, if we are meant to be together, she will like me even if I live a thought miles away from her,” Richard said.

“You are right” Achuba said.

At around 8 pm, Achuba announced to them that he’s hungry.
“The food I cooked in the afternoon is still remaining,” Armstrong who was always busy with his computer revealed.
“Actually, I have made some plans with Tina, we will be going out on a night picnic” Achuba replied.
“Night picnic? I have never heard of it,” Armstrong said.
“Perhaps, he is taking it to the next level,” Richard teased.
“Not at all, beside, I have to go with one of you because she said she will be coming along with her cousin sister,” Achuba announced.
“Why don’t you go with him Richard? I also have a date tonight, remember?” Thomas said.
“No problem, I guess I will go their and eat as I watch you guys do your romantic stuff,” Richard replied.

/> At around 8:30 pm, Rebecca party ended and everyone started leaving. Her boyfriend called her privately when it was only his friends remaining.
“What just happened earlier?” He asked her.

“I just had some misunderstanding with my friends,” she replied.

“They seemed less civilized and I don’t really like them, why can’t you just get rid of them?” He asked.

“What?” Rebecca asked with her eyes widely opened.

“I mean what’s the point of having people like that in your life?” He continued.

Rebecca could not believe what she heard. She began to wonder how she ended up being his girlfriend. She began to think what her mother had been telling her about him we’re real.
“I have been friends with them right from the moment I started talking. She shared our secret, sorrows, happiness and pains as we grew up together. Do you mean I should just give them up just because they are not up to your liking?” Rebecca asked.

“Yes of course, why haven’t I ever talked to you about your friends at school? Is because they are up to standard. But these your so called childhood friends are humiliating. I hope you can do something about it,” he said.
Rebecca looked at him and smiled, but was totally enraged burning in anger.

“Good night,” she said to him and turned to leave.

“Hey, I am not done talking,” he uttered.

“You can talk to yourself,” she replied without even looking back. She went back to her looking very furious. She sat down at the moment edge of her bed breathing heavily with her face extremely frowned.

“What seem to be the matter?” Alice who was beside her asked.

“I had a fight with my boyfriend,” Rebecca revealed.
“Oh you mean that jerk?” Amirah asked.
“yes I mean him,” Rebecca laughed.
“I can’t believe I’m dating him,” she added.
“You see, I told you she is coming back to her senses,” Alice said looking at Amirah. Rebecca soon burst out of laugher.
“If I should ask, made you fall for him in the first place?” Rebecca asked.
“Well, he’s actually the youngest senator in the Nigerian history. That’s how I was a to know him, plus my friends think he’ll be a good match,” she added.
“Well, is a good thing that you have got married yet, because Alice went through your timeline and discovered that you annoyed getting married to him,” Alice said.
Rebecca was quite for a moment wondering to say.
“You didn’t even tell us you are getting married,” Amirah continued.

“Is okay Amirah, this is also among the mistakes she made, you don’t need to see her fault again,” Alice said.

“I’m really sorry, I’m planning to tell you guys,” Rebecca replied.

“Is okay, for now, let’s forget about him and have some fun,” Amirah said.

“Is
there any ice cream shop around here?” Alice asked.
“Of course there, what do you think of my school?” Rebecca asked.

“I don’t know,” Alice laughed.

“You still haven’t changed,” Rebecca smiled.

“Would you take me there?” She requested.

“Yes of course,” Rebecca responded.
Rebecca went to her closet and took out three small blankets.

“What are you going to use these for?” Alice asked.

“It really cold later, so l think will be nice if we go with blankets,” Rebecca replied.

“Are we going to stay long there?” Amirah asked.

“Of course,” she smiled.

“This sounds awesome,” Amirah said. As they headed out of the house, Rebecca took a power bank from the living room. They entered the car and Rebecca drove out of the house.

Richard and Achuba arrived a very big Field located before the staff quarters. It was covered with grass carpet that made the place look completely green. There were trees and street lights randomly distributed within it. The place look completely bright because of the full moon. Just before the field, lies a shop that sells icream and a man selling a barbequed meat under a canopy. Richard and Achuba went and bought some ice cream and meat before proceeding into the field. They walked to the center of the field before meeting Tina and her cousin.
“Hey, you are finally here,” she said holding a Small basket in her hand. The basket contains a flask with some food and fruits.
“Looks like you are really prepared for this,” Achuba smiled.
“Of course I am, I had some little help from my sister,” she said looking at her cousin.

“That’s really nice of you,” Achuba commended.

Tina spread a blanket on the grass carpet and they all sat down on it. They ate and ate till they all had their full. Achuba looked at Richard signalling him that he need to be alone with Tina. He stood up and went to the tree close to them and sat on bench. Few minutes later, Tina’s cousin stood up and went and sat beside him.

“What is your name?” Richard asked her.

“I am Monica,” she replied.

“You do have a nice name,” Richard complemented.

“Thank you,” she smiled.

“So, which course are you studying?” Richard asked.

“I’m studying mathematics,” she replied.

“Wow! So you are the brain type,” Richard commented.

“Not really, my mother was a mathematician, so I want to be like her,” Monica explained.

“Really? You said your mother used be a mathematician?” Richard asked.

“Yep, she died three years ago when giving birth to our last born,” she informed.

“Oh I’m really sorry to hear that,” Richard sympathized.

Rebecca arrived at the ice cream shop with her friends. They bought some of it with some meat from the man near by. As they walked into the Field, Rebecca suddenly saw Richard sitting with a girl beside him. Her heart suddenly started beating faster than ever. It’s been a while since she last felt something of that nature. It was an unimaginable pain she couldn’t describe.
“Looks like Richard is really having a good time,” Alice said.
“It seems, I know he will definitely pretend he didn’t see us,” Amirah laughed.

When Richard looked up, she suddenly saw Rebecca approaching with her friends. He quickly looked away when his eyes met with Rebecca’s. He then decided to make the topic more interesting that Monica started laughing out loud. Again, he looked in Rebecca’s direction and saw her looking at them helpless and didn’t care to look away. About five seconds later, she looked. Before they could get to where Richard was, the found a place and stopped.

After they have settled, they sat down and started talking. As they talked, Richard noticed that Rebecca’s attention was on him and Monica. At some point, they looked at each other and he felt like she was consuming his heart. At last, he decided to go and talk to her.

“Do you know what?” Richard said to Monica.

“Nope,” she shoke her head.

“You see that girl over there?” Richard asked.

“Which girl are you referring to?” Monica asked.

“The one wearing the sleeveless gown,” Richard replied.

“Yeah, why do you asked?” She requested.

“I have been in love with her for the past six years, and I feel like I should go and talk to her,” Richard informed.

“Then what are you waiting for?” Monica asked.

“Won’t you get angry if you are left alone all by yourself?” Richard asked.

“Not at all,” she smiled.

“You know what? I think we should go there together, I will unfair to you if I leave you all by yourself,” Richard.

Richard and Rebecca stood up and walked to them. When Rebecca saw them approaching, she quickly lie down and started going through her phone.

“Do you mind if we join you?” Richard asked when they arrived.

“No we are not going to mind,” Amirah smiled.

“You party ended sooner than expected, I thought it was going to last till dawn,” Richard said looking at Rebecca, but she kept quiet pretending not have heard him.

“He’s talking to you Rebecca,” Alice tapped her on the shoulder.

“What did you say?” Rebecca asked.
“I said why did your party ended so soon? Is supposed to last till morning,” Richard said.

“Well, it turns out all my guest are busy people, they are something to,” Rebecca replied.

“Well, if your guest are really busy people, the wouldn’t have come to that boring party of yours either,” Richard Said.

“Oh was my party really boring?” Rebecca asked.

“Of course it was. A party that your best friends didn’t enjoy is quite boring to me,” Richard replied.

“And who told you they didn’t enjoy it?” Rebecca asked.

“Because it could have been the topic of your discussion for three days, but I know you haven’t talked about it since the party ended,” Richard said.

“We are currently talking about it right now. It was so awesome that I don’t there is a going to be party that will close to it in the future,” Rebecca said as she widened her eyes.
“To be honest with you, I first thought it was a burial ceremony for your pet until your Mom told me it was your birthday,” Richard said and Alice and Rebecca started laughing.
“What makes you think is a burial ceremony?” Alice asked.

“I rather say not,” Richard laughed.

“Who is this girl with you?” Alice asked.

“She’s Monica,” replied Richard.

“She seems like a good girl, is she your girlfriend?” Amirah asked.

“Hell no, we just met today,” Monica replied.
“Who knows, maybe it was love at first sight,” Alice insisted.
“I don’t believe in that, besides, he told me that he has been in love with a girl for the past six years,” Monica revealed.
“Who is that girl?” Amira and Alice quickly asked.

“He hasn’t revealed her identity to me yet,” she replied.

“So, where have you been all this while Richard,” Alice asked.

“Struggling with life, I suppose,” he replied.

“You didn’t know what our friend went through after you left,” Amirah said.

“Don’t you dare start it,” Rebecca quickly inception.

“Hey! Calm down baby, I wasn’t referring to you,” Amirah laughed.

“I feel like something like this has happened before,” Richard said.

“Do you mean is a deja Vu?” Alice asked.

“Yeah, only that if feels so real, I’m so sure it happened before,” Richard replied.
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Episode 22 continuation

When he looked into Rebecca’s eyes, the memories flash back to him, and he felt like it all happened yesterday.

“I know you remember something similar like this happening, right?” Richard asked Rebecca.

“Nope, I don’t,” she shoke her head.

“Oh I forgot, you have a poor memory,” Richard teased.

“Be rest assured, my memory is one thousand percent better than yours,” Rebecca replied.

“Well, if it was better than mine, you wouldn’t have forgotten such happy moments,” Richard said.

“Happy moments?” She retorted.

“Yes happy moments,” Richard replied.

Before Rebecca could reply, her phone started ringing. The name “honey” appeared on the screen.

She put the phone on silent and turned it off. Richard wanted to make a comment about it, but he went silent.

“So, how have you been doing?” He asked looking at Alice and Amirah.

“Good actually,” Amirah replied.

“Which school did you attend after your graduation from secondary School?” Richard asked.
“I went to a nursing school, I’m currently a nurse in your previous university clinic,” Amirah informed.

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me?” Rebecca asked.

“I just got the appointment last week,” she replied.

“Well, then congratulations,” Rebecca said.
“Thank you,” she smiled.

“What about you Rebecca? When are you going to start performing surgery?” Richard asked.

“I’m currently is my fourth year, I shall be operating in the next two years I think,” Rebecca replied.

“That’s really nice,” Richard said.

“I thought you were going to to rebuke me,” Rebecca said.

“I was going to rebuke you, but I couldn’t find a single thing to criticize about you,” Richard said.

“Oh really?” Rebecca asked.

“Yes really, but I think you should change your temper. A doctor is not supposed to get mad people for nothing,” Richard asked.

“I don’t get mad people for nothing, there must be a reason,” she replied.

“Very good. If I may ask, why were you mad at me?” Richard asked.

“Nothing, I just feel like doing so,” she replied.

“You just said you don’t mad at people for nothing,” Richard said.

“When did I say something that?” She asked smiling.
Richard couldn’t believe what he was feeling. They world around him suddenly disappeared feeling like they are the only people on the planet.

“What do you call a disease of forgetting things easily,” Richard asked.

“I don’t know,” she said still smiling. He turned looking at Amirah.

“Don’t even think of asking, let her tell you,” Amirah said.

“Is called Alzheimer disease, thanks for asking,” Alice said.

“Sorry for not asking, I thought you aren’t related to any medical course,” Richard said.

“I’m sorry studying pharmacy for your information,” she replied.

“But pharmacy is not a medical course,” Richard opposed.

“Oh maybe is an agricultural course,” she replied sarcastically.

“More like it, since you deal with plants,” Richard laughed.
They talked for about 2 hours until Alice announced that she is sleepy.

“So soon?” Richard asked.

“We journeyed for hours before coming here, you are supposed to sleep earlier than this,” she replied.

“Okay, I guess we will see tomorrow,” Richard said.

“Alright then, but give us your phone number before you leave,” Alice said.

They left after receiving his phone number. When Richard and Monica went back to their previous position, they found Achuba and Tina still talking.

“Looks like I will have to go without her,” Tina revealed.

“Are you sure you can go alone?” Richard asked.

“Yes, I am very sure,” she smiled. But before they finished talking, they saw Achuba and Tina getting up meaning they were done.

They walked to them and helped them to pack up.

“We thought you guys are spending the night here,” Monica said.

“We wanted to do that but we thought it might rain later in the night,” Achuba replied.

“Seriously?” She asked surprisingly.

“No, I was just kidding,” he laughed.

“Okay, we will meet tomorrow,” Tina said.

“Okay, good night,” Achuba responded.

Tbc
Re: The Pink Clouds by aprilwise(m): 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by jullyrosy(f): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2021
Dapalace dis is a nice story...I'm done reading it on ur site....kudos

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
jullyrosy:
Dapalace dis is a nice story...I'm done reading it on ur site....kudos
Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2021
The pink Clouds
EPISODE_23

Richard woke up in the morning feeling like the previous night was a dream. He couldn’t remember the last time he was feeling so happy like that. When he looked around the room, he noticed that almost everyone had gotten ready.

“So you are finally up,” Thomas said.

“Yes I am,” Richard replied as he stretched his arms.

“Achuba told me that you had a pleasant night,” Thomas said.

“Indeed, it is one of the very best nights of my life,” Richard replied.

“Really?” Thomas asked.

“Yes really, let me take a bath first, I will tell you when I come out,” Richard said.

As they were about to leave for their morning lectures, Richard received a message from Alice.

“Rebecca is not going to lectures, we’ll be having some fun at home” the message said.

“I’m going to see Rebecca,” Richard announced after reading the message.

“Really? What about the lectures?” Thomas asked.

“To hell with the lectures, go and meet her Richard, I totally support you,” Achuba motivated.

“Thank you,” Richard replied happily.

He walked out their hostel and headed to Prof. Grace’s house. At around 9 am, he arrived at the house. As soon as he arrived, he messaged Alice that he is at the gate of the house. About five minutes later, she went out to go and get him.

“Good morning,” she said to him.

“Good morning, how are you?” Richard asked.

“I’m okay,” she replied. She talked to the security guard and he allowed to go in.

When they got into the living room, Richard saw Rebecca sitting on the dining table, while Amirah was sitting on a dining chair besides her. She was wearing a short white transparent gown that rarely reach her knee. Richard looked into her and smiled as he walked to her. Irresistibly, she smiled and looked at him as he walked to her.

“As

a medical student, aren’t you supposed to be more serious than this? Bunking lectures so much unlike you,” Richard smiled as he walked to her.
“I’m going to be busier than the bee starting tomorrow, I just want my friends to have a good time before they leave. Speaking of seriousness, I learned from an engineering kid that was once serious,” Rebecca smiled.

Confidently, Richard sat beside her on table beside her. Suddenly, her heart started beating faster as he got closer to her. When Richard inhaled the scent on her body, it took him back to six years ago and a lot of memories sparked within a second. It was unique that only she had it.
“I missed this perfume,” Richard said with his eyes closed.

“Really?” Rebecca asked.

“Yes really,” he said as he opened his eyes.

“Stop playing around, why didn’t you go for your lectures today?” She asked.

“Well, I’m free today,” Richard replied.

“You don’t even know how to lie,” she smiled.
Amirah silently stood up and went to the living room without them realizing.

“Actually, I am thinking of changing a department” Richard announced.
“You must be kidding, right?” Rebecca asked.

“I’m really serious,” Richard replied as he stopped smiling.
“Why? Tell me what the problem is, if it is money, I can help you with some,” she said.

“No is not about money, I want to be an entrepreneur and I don’t computer engineering is the right course for me,” Richard said.
“Why do you want to be an entrepreneur?” She asked.

“Because studying computer engineering will only make a civil servant in the future. And you know their is a high rate of unemployment in Nigeria and it is projected to get higher in the future because more people are graduating from the universities,” Richard explained.

“But being an entrepreneur will not guarantee you success, many have tried and failed,” Rebecca said.

“But some have tried and succeeded, entrepreneurship is all about risk taking,” Richard said.

“That’s why I don’t longer regret running away five six years ago. It made me realize something big that wouldn’t have realized if I have stayed,” Richard explained.

“Tell

me what it made you realize,” Rebecca asked.
“Getting employed and earning salary is not a success, but rather a slavery. You can get fired at anytime and your income remains the same,” Richard said.

“But if even if you run a business, something unfortunate can happen that can ruin your business,” Rebecca said.

“That’s the difference between an entrepreneur and a civil servant, we don’t rely on a single source of income,” Richard responded.

“You speak as if you already are an entrepreneur,” she laughed.

“I am, since I already have decided to be one,” Richard laughed back.

“So, do you think I as a medical can be an entrepreneur?” Rebecca asked.

“Absolutely, I’m surprised you asked me this. Haven’t you heard of private hospitals before?” Richard asked.
“Of course I have, but the idea of running my own hospital has never come to me,” Rebecca replied.

“Well, you know you will earn much than what you will paid in the public hospitals,” Richard explains.

“It seems like you have gotten smarter,” Rebecca complemented.

“You said an entrepreneur does not rely on a single source of income, how do you think that will work for a medical doctor?” Rebecca asked.

“Well, you can get involved in the distribution of pharmacutical products at the same,” Richard said.

“That’s absolutely a brilliant idea,” Rebecca said excitedly.

“I’m glad you like it,” Richard smiled.

“Have you eaten breakfast yet?” She asked.

“No I haven’t, have you?” He replied.

“No I haven’t, that’s why you have to allow me to go and make some,” she smiled.

“Permission granted ma lady,” Richard replied and she started laughing.

She stood up and headed to kitchen, while Richard turned and watched her as walked. Change hasn’t got much of her for the last six years, but it was like he was seeing her for the first time. He couldn’t believe everything was real.
“You can go to the living room and talk to Amirah and Alice, it might take a while before I will be back,” Rebecca said after turning back.

“Okay,” he smiled and stood up.
He walked into the living room and met Alice and Amirah
watching a movie on the TV.

“I can’t recall the last time I sat down and watch a movie like this,” Richard said as he sat beside Amirah.

“Me too,” she replied.
“So, since when did you become an expert on business?” She continued by asking.

“Some days ago,” Richard smiled.

“That’s wonderful,” she replied.

“Thanks you,” he responded.
“So, when do you plan on going home?” Alice asked.
“As soon as this semester ends,” Richard replied.
“I guess your sister would be extremely happy to see you,” Amirah commented.

“Or perhaps very angry,” Richard replied.
“Of course she will be angry because you left for six years, but she will be happy that you are back,” Alice said.
“Yes you are absolutely right,” Richard replied.

“How are things working out with Rebecca?” Amirah asked.

“Absolutely perfect, I don’t really know I should thank you,” he commented.

“It really makes us to you together,” Alice said.

“Thank you so much, your arrival makes it looks I’ve been taken to the past,” Richard said.

“Don’t just make the same mistake of letting her go,” Alice adviced.

“I will never let go this time,” Richard vowed.

They talked for about an hour until Rebecca called their attention.

“Breakfast is ready,” she announced from the dining room.
“Alright we are on our way,” Amirah replied and they all stood up and headed to the dining room.
“What’s the last time you cook?” Alice asked as they sat.
“About a month ago I think,” she replied.
“Wow! You really are a princess,” Amirah commented.
“Please stop exaggerating it, is because I and my mom are always busy that’s why she hired a cook,” she explained.
“Really? Where is the cook now?” She Alice asked.
“She had already cooked and left, she will be coming back by noon I guess,” Rebecca replied.

“Where is the food she cooked?” Amirah asked.

“Is in the kitchen,” she replied.

“I’m glad you cooked by yourself, because I love your food,” Richard commented.

“Really? She not even that great when it comes to cooking,” Alice opposed.
“Really? The last time we had a coming competition, who won?” Rebecca asked.

“That’s because you gave me a faulty stove with expired food stuff, everything was set up before we even began,” Alice said.
Rebecca burst into a serious laugher.

“Do you hear yourself? You never run out of excuses,” she said after she stopped laughing.

“So even competed,” Richard commented.

“That’s how they have been since when we were very young, they love competeting against one another,” Amirah replied.
“What about you?” Richard asked.

“I don’t have time for their childishness,” Amirah replied.

Alright that’s enough, let’s eat before we continue with all of our noises,” Rebecca said. She opened the flask containing the food revealing the content. It was some fried yam and egg.
“You still haven’t changed,” Amirah said when she noticed the content.

“Oh

yes I haven’t,” she smiled as she served the food on plates. She distributed to everyone and went back to the kitchen to get some tea.
.”You sure are the best cook in the world,” Richard commented after taking his first bite. By that time, she had returned from the kitchen.

“Thank you,” she smiled as she sat down.
“I don’t blame you for choosing yam to be your favorite food,” Richard continued.

“Only nuts would blame me,” Rebecca smiled.

“So you mean we are nuts?” Alice asked.

“Without a doubt, yes,” Rebecca said giving her a playful look.
After their breakfast, they went back to the living room while Rebecca headed to kitchen with the plates they used. She returned to the living room soon after washing them.

“You will surely make a good house wife,” Amirah commented.

“Thank you,” replied Rebecca as she sat beside her.

“Can we do something fun? I’m begging to get bored,” Alice replied.

“How about we play checking the fool out?” Amirah suggested.

“No, that will be very childish,” Rebecca replied.

“And what type of a game is checking the fool out?” Richard asked.

“It is a game we used to since when we were in primary school,” Alice replied.

“And how is this game played?”

“A certain topic is chosen, and players are asked to call the names of things or words in that topic. Any player who fails to think of a name or word when his or her turn arrives losses,” Alice described.

“That sounds quite easy to me,” Richard said.

“Is actually not, we will be arranged in a circle. As soon the first person calls a name of a thing, the person next to him or will call a different thing without any delay and the next person will also do the same. And that’s how it will continue In a circle. No reputation of words, and if you delay for more than a second without calling a name, you will be marked as the loser,” Amirah explained.

“That sounds fun to me,” Richard said.

“No I think is very childish,” Rebecca insisted.

“Is fun to be reminded of your childhood I think,” Richard smiled.
Soon, they started playing the game. They laughed out loud as they played and teased one another. Richard felt like everything happening was in a dreaming. Throughout the game, he couldn’t take his eyes off Rebecca. He felt like it was all a fantasy and everything will disappear any moment. They played for hours until they were exhausted.

“Who is hungry like me?” Rebecca asked?

“We all are hungry,” Alice replied.

“I would to cook, but I’m exhausted,” Rebecca complained.

“How about the other breakfast the cook left?” Alice asked.

“Actually, I’m thinking of getting us some pizza,” Rebecca announced.

“That will be very great,” Amirah announced.

“I can’t go out like this, look at what I’m wearing,” Rebecca said.

“Why don’t you give Richard the money so that he can go and buy?” Amirah suggested.

“That’s a brilliant idea,” Rebecca replied. She ran to her and came out with her purse. She opened and handed Richard ten thousand naira along with her car’s key.

“Can

you get go and get us some pizza?” Rebecca asked.
“I would love to go with you,” Richard said looking into her eyes.

“I would love to go too, but look at what I’m wearing,” Rebecca responded.

“You don’t have to go out of the car, besides I noticed that the glasses of your windows are tinted,” Richard replied.
As she looked into his eyes, she felt an invisible force drawing her to him that she couldn’t resist his request.

“Okay, let’s go,” she replied and they headed out together.

“Are you really going out like that?” Alice asked.

“Of course I am,” Rebecca replied.

“I pray you should meet your mother their,” Alice said.

“Your pray is definitely not answered,” Rebecca replied.

They walked to her car and she opened the passenger’s door and sat at the back so that she won’t be seen while Richard sat at the front. And soon he drove out of the house.

“The last time we drove like this, you didn’t know how to drive,” Richard said.

“Yes, I was young back then,” Rebecca replied.

“So, who taught you how to drive?” Richard asked.

“I went to a driving school,” Rebecca replied.

“But I hope you have never hit something?” Richard asked.

“No, but I almost fell off a bridge,” she replied.

“Is good thing you didn’t fall, I would have been in sorrow right now,” Richard replied.

They drove out of the onto the highway. They were close to the pizza shop when Richard noticed the highway police patrolling on the road.

“Oh my God, we are in trouble,” Richard announced.

“What’s the matter?” Rebecca asked.

“The police are patrolling on the road and I don’t have a driving license,” Richard said.

“What? How comes you don’t have one?” She asked.

“I don’t have a car, remember?” He responded.

“Okay, I think you will have to allow me drive from here,” she said.

Richard stopped driving and Rebecca crossed over to the front seat. As they were trying to exchange seat, Richard heart beat increases when they got really close. They both stopped moving and stared at each other. Suddenly, the urge of kissing her came to him at that moment. He felt something pulling him towards her that he couldn’t describe.

“Let’s go and get the pizza,” she said at last and moved to his seat.

When they got to the police, she showed them all that they need to see, and soon, they arrived at the pizza shop. Richard got down for the car and bought the pizza while Rebecca returned to her previous position. They headed back to the university after Richard came back.

They arrived back some minutes later and found Alice and Amirah already asleep.

“Wake up sleepy heads,” Rebecca said as she shook Alice and they both woke up.

“What took you so long?” Amirah asked.

“Hey, we were gone just for minutes,” Rebecca replied.

“That’s what you think, to us, you have been gone for centuries,” Alice replied.

“Perhaps you had some fun without us,” Amirah winked at her.

“Absolutely not,” Rebecca quickly replied and Alice and Amirah laughed at her.

They sat down and ate the pizza. As soon as they were done eating, Amirah received a call that there will be a verification at her place of work.

“What did they tell you?” Alice asked.
“I think we must leave now,” Amirah replied.

“Why can’t you leave tomorrow as we planned?” Amirah.

“I must go now, I will miss the verification exercise if I stay until tomorrow,” Amirah replied.

For more episode visit www.dapalace.com

Story_Continues
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 5:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Read episode 24 @www.dapalace.com
PINK CLOUDS

Episode_25

It was the happiest night of Richard’s entire existence. He walked back to hostel excited feeling like he’s floating on the air. By the he arrived, it was already midnight and Achuba and Thomas had already slept. He wished they were awake so that he can express his happiness with them. He lied on his bed without any sign of sleep in eyes. He remained like that for an hour until he got to the extend he couldn’t take no more. He jumped down from his bed and tapped Achuba on the shoulder.

“Wake up,” Richard whispered.

It took minutes before Achuba woke up when he noticed that Richard is not going to give up.

“What is it you have to tell me that you can’t wait until morning?” Achuba asked as he sat up with his eyes still closed.

“I almost kissed Rebecca today,” Richard happily announced.

“Really?” Achuba asked, and this time, his eyes were widely opened.

“How did that happen?” Thomas who was lying on the other side of the room asked.
“Hey we thought you are sleeping,” Richard and Achuba laughed.
“I was, until you guys mentioned something about a kiss,” Thomas laughed.

After Richard told them everything that happened, they both laughed at him.
“You know we will also punish you for not telling us about your birthday,” Achuba laughed.

“It didn’t matter to me,” Richard responded.

“It matters now that you miss a kiss for the most remarkable lady in the school,” Thomas commented.

“Yeah,

and I have to wait until next year,” Richard said pretending to be sad and they all laughed at him.
“I also have another big news,” Richard announced.

“Really? What could that be?” Thomas asked.

“Prof. Grace said she is giving me twenty million naira to start a business after she comes back from her treatment in India,” Richard announced.

“Oh my God! Are you telling the truth?” Achuba asked.

“Of course I am,” Richard replied.

“Beside your mother, no any other woman can do what she did to you,” Achuba said.
“I think she considers you to be her son Richard, because this is beyond ordinary,” Thomas commented.
“That’s why I don’t think I can ever thank her enough,” Richard replied.

“You can never thank her enough,” Thomas said.

“So, do you intend on starting the business as soon as she gives you the money?” Achuba asked.

“No, I tend on finishing school first,” Richard replied.

“Bleep the school. What would you waste your time here and do when you have a huge capital of starting a business?” Achuba asked.

“But I want to learn the fish farming system at school before going into the business,” Richard replied.

“You can learn about that online without even having to complete the course here. You can employ people who are professionals in this field to work for you,” Achuba said.
“I think you are actually right,” Richard replied.
“I will give you some books to read on entrepreneurship, they will help you,” Achuba announced.
“Thank you,” Richard replied.
“I wish I could be like you Richard,” Thomas said.

“What do you mean by that?” Richard asked.

“I mean you make any decision without someone interfering it,” Thomas said.

“You guys have also interfered in my decisions recently, and I’m very glad you did,” Richard responded.

“That’s not what I meant. I mean you are free to think of what’s good for you without being treated like a child. I don’t think I like computer engineering anymore, but I won’t dare face my family saying I want be an entrepreneur instead,” Achuba said.
“My family used to be like that until my brother proved them wrong. The thought going to university is the only way you can succeed,” Achuba said.

“Exactly,” Thomas replied.

“Have you ever talked to them about how you feel?” Richard asked.

“No I haven’t,” Thomas answered.

“You should try talking to them,” Achuba advised.

“I will do that,” he answered.

Rebecca woke up the next morning feeling like the previous was all a dream. She sat on her bed and smiled as she thought of him. Her mind was lost in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice it when her mother came into the room.
“What are you thinking about?” Her mother asked.
“When did you come in?” Rebecca asked looking very startled.
“About a minute ago, and I noticed that you are thinking about something,” her mother suspected.
“No, I’m not thinking about anything,” Rebecca said as she ran out of her bed.
“Are you sure?” Her mother asked.
“Yes Mom, I’m very sure,” she said walking into her bathroom.
After her shower, she dressed in a white gown and walked to the dinning room carrying her hand bag.
“You are finally out,” her mother said.
“Yes I am,” she smiled and sat beside her mother.

“Where

is Emmanuel?” She continued.
“He has gone to school already.”

“Is out quite early today.”

“Yes he is,” her replied and soon they started having their breakfast.

After the breakfast, Rebecca took her car and drove out of the house. On her way, she noticed the senator calling her phone. He has been calling her since the previous night, but she didn’t pick any of his calls. She was wondering how she would tell him she doesn’t feel the same anymore. It became the most thing for her to do. She wished something would come up to cause their separation. She drove for minutes before arriving at the school teaching hospital.
She parked her car in the parking lot and was walking her way to the teaching hospital when she received a message from the senator saying:is over between us

Rebecca felt so relieved when she saw the message, she finally had an excuse to breakup with him. She happily replied: thank God it is.

He retried to call her after the messages, but she still didn’t pick up his call.

The instance she walked into the hospital, she was approached by Mary and Dixxy.

“Why dont you pick up his calls?” They asked furiously.

“Can I ask you guys something?” Rebecca uttered.
“Yes you can,” Mary replied.
“Do you really want me to be happy?” She asked.
“Of course we do.”
“Then I’m following my heart right now. Richard is my first love, I tried to deny it at first. But as time went by, I felt like his love is synchronized in every cell of my body. I just can’t help it. And if you really are my friends, you should be happy for me,” Rebecca said.

“Is okay, we just thought the senator is the perfect match for a perfect girl like you,” Mary stated.

“I mean he’s rich, handsome and intelligent,” she continued.

“I Don’t think money matters to me anymore. I used to think my life was perfect until Richard came back. I felt something extraordinary that I only feel when I’m with him. I can give up anything to be with him,” Rebecca replied. Few minutes later, they were being called by their supervisor.

About 30 minutes later, her boyfriend arrived at the teaching hospital. When Rebecca saw him, she ran into one of the doctors’ office to hide herself.

“Good morning sir!” She greeted the doctor.

“Rebecca! How are you doing?” He asked.
“I’m fine sir,” she responded.

“What brings you to my office this early morning?” The doctor asked.
“I just came to say hello sir,” she smiled.
“Are you sure you don’t have any favour to ask in return?” He doubted.
“Yes I’m sure sir,” she replied.
She walked out of the office as soon as he passed. She quickly brought out her phone and called Alice.

Alice: Who is trying to disturb my peace?

Rebecca: there is no time for your silly jokes, I want you to send me Richard’s phone number right now.

Alice: you must be kidding right? How comes you don’t have his number?

Rebecca: please send it quick, is important. I will tell you everything later.

After about 2 minutes, Alice shared her the number, and she instantly called it. Richard was sleeping when his phone started ringing. He couldn’t hear the phone ringing due to the fact that he slept late the previous night. Achuba shoke Richard very hard that he had to wake up.

“What is it?” Richard asked with his eyes closed.

“Your phone is ringing,” Achuba announced.

“I will call the person later, I really need this sleep,” Richard replied.
“What if it is an emergency? This is the third time the person is calling,” Achuba explained.
“I don’t think so,” Richard replied.
Achuba quickly picked up the phone and answered it.

Achuba: hello

.Rebecca: hello, is this Richard?

Achuba: no this is his friend, he is still sleeping.

Rebecca: is that so? Okay tell him that if I don’t hear his voice in 10 seconds, he will lose me forever.
Achuba covered the mouth piece of the phone and delivered her message. Richard quickly jumped up from bed and collected the phone from Achuba.

Richard:

hello who is this?
Rebecca: I heard that you’ve become a big man now, you
don’t answer calls in the morning.

Richard: I truly sorry, I was a wonderful dream about you, that’s I don’t want to be interrupted.
Rebecca: Really? What was the dream about?

Richard: I can’t tell you, but is probably the best dream of my life.

Rebecca: If you are able to meet me in the teaching hospital in five minutes, I will give you the biggest surprise of you life.

Richard: what is it?
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 5:27am On Dec 24, 2021
Rebecca: come in five minutes if you really want to find out.

Richard got down from his bed and wore the clothes he wore the previous night.
“It was Rebecca, right?”
“Yes it was her, she said need to see me in five minutes,” Richard revealed.
“Imagine what would have happened if I didn’t pick the call.”
“Thank for helping me out, I’m really grateful,” Richard smiled.

“You are welcome,” Achuba answered.

Rebecca walked out of hospital waiting to see Richard’s arrival.
“What is wrong with you?” Came a voice behind her. When she turned, she noticed that it was senator speaking.
“I thought you say we should break-up,” Rebecca said.
“Do you really want us to breakup?” He questioned.

“Yes I do,” Rebecca responded.

“You must be crazy, do you think you can find someone better than I?” He proudly questioned.

“It doesn’t matter if I find someone better than you or not. What matters is we are no longer together,” Rebecca answered.
“Fine, if that’s what you want. I know you will come back in days begging for my forgiveness while it will be too late,” he said.

“God forbid! This will never happen,” she replied.

Soon, Richard arrived at the scene in a taxi. All the people around were watching what was happening. Richard’s heart started pounding harder, knowing trouble won’t be Faraway.

“Before I leave, I want to know why you want us to break-up,” he requested.

“You were the one who suggested that we should break-up,” Rebecca responded.

“Okay dear, I’m truly sorry. Tell me what is wrong.”
“To be honest with you, there is someone I really like. I have been in love with him for six years, and I just can’t help,” Rebecca replied.
“You are kidding, right?” He asked.
Rebecca suddenly saw Richard standing among the crowd behind them.
“Watch me and tell me if this is a joke,” she said as she walked to Richard. Richard’s heart beat increased more than ever as she got closer to him.

“What really going..” before Richard could complete his statement, Rebecca held his shoulder and kissed him on the lips. He became totally shocked and surprised and couldn’t believe what was happening. She let him and turned back to the senator.

“Does this still seem like a joke to you?” She asked.
The senator angrily walked to his car along with bodyguards and drove away.

“And if you excuse me, I something to do,” Rebecca said trying to walk back to the hospital. Richard quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him. Rebecca’s heart started beating faster and her breathe started to seize.

“You

know people are watching us,” she uttered.
“Really?” Richard asked.

“Yes, I know,” Richard responded.

“I will call you later,” she said taking off his hands.

“Okay, I’ll be waiting,” Richard smiled.

Richard headed back to the hostel and thought about what happened as he walked. He was surprised that Rebecca was willing to show the world that she loved him. He felt like his life couldn’t get any better than that moment. He brought out his phone and called Thomas. It rank for a moment, but there was no answer. As he was about to get into their room, he received a call from Thomas.
Richard: hello

Thomas:where are you? We about to write a test right now.

Richard: Oh my God! Really?

Thomas: yes, and you will miss the test if you don’t come at once.

Without any preparation, Richard ran to his department. He looked at the theatres of the department and finally found the lecture venue at the extreme end. When he noticed that it was the lecturer he once had problem with, he gave up the test and went to a class opposite to the theatre and sat down. He sat there for half an hour before his mates started finishing their tests. He then received a call from Thomas requesting for his location.

About five minutes later, Thomas walked into the department.
“Why didn’t you write the test?” Thomas interrogated.

“I didn’t know we have a test today,” Richard replied.

“Oh really? Can I be honest with you Richard?” Thomas asked.

“Why is that your studies seriously?” Thomas requested after Richard had given him the go ahead.

“Have you forgotten that I’m going quit the school?” Richard asked.

“But what if you are repeating the same mistake again?”

“I ran away without anything to do before, but this time, I will be doing something,” Richard replied.

“You should at least wait until Prof. Grace gives you the money before you start thinking of leaving. What if she changes her mind?”

“I trust Prof. Grace with my life, she will never change her mind,” Richard replied.

Around 4 pm, Rebecca was finally done with the teaching hospital. As she was trying to find her way out of the hospital, one of her colleagues who was a very good friend of hers called for her attention. She turned and watched him as he walked fast to her.

“We will be having a friendly football match today in the city stadium, I hope you will be president,” he announced.

“I don’t really know, if my mom doesn’t give me work when I go home, I might show up,” Rebecca replied.
“Okay, I will be expecting you,” he said hopefully.

“What time is the match?” Rebecca asked.

“By 5 I think,” he replied.

“Okay, I will see you then,” she said and continued walking.

She entered her car and drove home slowly. The gate was opened for her and she drove in slowly. She parked the car under the capony and headed to the leaving room. When she got in she found her sitting on a sofa reading a newspaper.

“Good afternoon mom,” she greeted her mother.
“Afternoon, how was your kiss with Richard?” She asked.
“Oh My God!” Rebecca said covering her face with her and increased her steps.

“Don’t you want to tell me about it?” Her mother laughed.

“I’m sure the snitch has told you everything,” she said and went to her.

She began to wonder about who told her mother about her relationship with Richard. She thought of all the possibilities but couldn’t come up with a single person. She went to bathroom and took a shower before changing into a white T-shirt and a black jeans. She had white Snickers on her legs. She quickly took a full selfie of herself and sent it to Richard with the caption: how do I look?

Richard: You look incredibly beautiful, I wish I could see you right now.

Rebecca: the university football team are having a match by 5:00 on. Get ready, I’m coming to pick you.

Richard: okay, I’ll be expecting you.

By the time Rebecca got her room, her mother was not there. She quickly opened the fridge in the dining room and took some chocolate in it. She hurriedly walked to her car and drove out of the house. Soon, she arrived at the male hostel and informed Richard that she had arrived. She waited for about five minutes before Richard showed up. He was also wearing a white shirt, white Snickers and a black jeans.

“Come on Richard, you know we can’t go out like that, right?” Rebecca said.

“Why can’t we?” Richard asked as he sat down beside her in the car.
“It seems very local to me, whoever sees us will think we are couples,” Rebecca complained.

“No, whoever sees us will know we are couples,” Richard smiled.

“And since when did we become couples?” Rebecca asked lowering her eyes.

“Since when we went out yesterday,” Richard smiled.

“Oh, but I can’t recall the last time you said you love me,” Rebecca said lowering her voice.

“To be in relationship doesn’t necessarily require saying romantic things at the initial point. It involves the compassion and commitment you show your partner, for they say, action speaks louder than words,” Richard said.
Rebecca became speechless after Richard made that statement. They drove out of the school on to the highway.
“You know, I still can’t believe I’m doing this with you,” Rebecca revealed.

“What do you mean?” Richard asked her.

“I just feel everything is not real,” she responded.

“Me too, I wish I could remain as happy as I am right now forever,” he said.

They arrived at the stadium and parked their car at the entrance. As they were walking to get in, Richard held Rebecca hand. She turned and looked and smiled. They bought some popcorn just by the door and walked in. They stadium was filled people shouting all over. Because the seats in the front had been filled, they had to seat at the back.

“Which team is ours?” Rebecca asked.

“I don’t know, I’m supposed to ask you this,” Richard replied.

“I’m not quite a fan of football you know,” she responded.

“Really? Then what kind of sport are you into?”

“Basketball maybe, I used to play it with Amirah and Alice when were kids,” Rebecca responded.

“When was the last time you played it?”

“I don’t really know, ten years ago I think.”

“Wow! No wonder you are getting fat, you don’t move your body,” Richard laughed.

“If I get fatter than I am right now, I will b very Happy,” she laughed.

The match ended some few minutes past 6. They talked and laughed throughout the March without paying much attention to it. After the match, they head to a small restaurant close to the restaurant. They headed back to the university after their meal. She dropped him close to his hostel and headed home.

After her parking her car, she walked into the living room and found her mother sitting on the sofa. She totally forgot about what happened earlier and sat beside her mother.
“I don’t see you studying much nowadays,” her mother complained.

“I most study in the night,” Rebecca replied.

“Well, you have two more years to go, you have to put in your maximum effort,” her mother adviced.

“Okay Mom,” she replied.

As they were talking, her mother suddenly sneezed and blood oozed out of her nose.

“What wrong with you Mom?” Rebecca asked looking very frightened.

“I’m okay, is just a cold,” her mother said trying to calm her.

“Okay,” Rebecca responded, but she always knew when her mother is trying to hide something from her. She stood up and sneaked into her mother. She searched for minutes before coming across her mother’s medical report.

The instance she set her eyes on the report, she screamed louder than she ever had. Her knees became so weak that they could no longer support her. Her mother ran to the room and found her on the floor crying.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Rebecca cried.

“Because I didn’t want to distract you from your studies,” she replied.

“Who cares about studies when you are dying?” Rebecca cried out loud.

“Who told you I’m dying?” Prof. Grace asked.

“I’m medical student Mom, I know what I saw.”

“Seeing you becoming a woman is the most joyous thing that has ever happened to me in my life, I will not regret it even if I die now,” Prof. Grace said as bent down to hold her hand.
Rebecca quickly stood up and ran out of the house. She went to the stream that was at the entrance of the staff quarters and sat on rock. She cried out loud there as if she was a little baby. She brought out her phone and called Richard. The moment he answered the call, he heard her crying.

Richard: what’s wrong dear? Why are you crying?

Rebecca: my mom is dying of cancer.

He became silent knowing that she finally found out.

Richard: where are you right now?

“I’m at the steam close to the bridge,” she informed.

Richard quickly boarded a taxi to the place she told him. Richard saw her sitting on a rock that was just below a very huge street lamp. When she saw Richard, her voice increased as she cried. Richard felt bad for her when he saw her in that condition. He began to think of the method he is going to use to calm her. When he was just some few inches away from her, a man wearing a mask appear from the bush.

“Richard! Behind you!” She screamed.

When Richard turned, he saw a man holding a gun. Before Richard could make any effort to run, he was short twice on the chest making him to collapse on the spot. Rebecca screamed out loud like her lungs were going to explode. The man ran back into the bush and Rebecca ran to Richard. She saw as blood rushed out his chest. She quickly removed the white shirt she was holding and tried to stop the bleeding. Soon, people gathered in and noticed her screaming. An ambulance was summoned, and Richard was taken to the teaching hospital.

After arriving at the university teaching hospital, Richard was taken to the emergency room where the doctors started operating on him. Rebecca sat on the waiting bench with her hands covered in blood. Her face was completely wet with tears as he had cried terribly. She wished and prayed that he will be okay. She had never been so scared in her entire life like she was at that moment. As she was sitting, her mom suddenly call her on the phone.

Prof. Grace: I heard that a student has been short, where are you?

Rebecca: it was Richard

Prof. Grace: what do you mean it was Richard?

Rebecca: Somebody shot him, he currently undergoing a surgery.

Prof. Grace: Oh Lord, where are you?

Rebecca: I’m at the teaching hospital.

Prof. Grace: okay I will be right there.

After the call, Rebecca went into one of wash room and cleaned herself up. By the time she walked out, her mom had arrived at the hospital. She ran and hugged her mother as she cried.

“What really happened?” Her mother asked.

“I was talking to him in the garden when a man came out of nowhere and shot him,” Rebecca cried. Her mother could feel her tears wetting her shoulder.
“How could something like this happen in the university?”
“The security in this school is just use. How can a criminal get through with a gun without being detected?” Rebecca furiously asked.

Suddenly, one of the doctors walked out of the operation room. The instance Rebecca saw her, she stood and ran to her.

“How is he doing?” She asked anxiously.

“Don’t worry dear, he’s going to be fine.”
.”Thank God,” Rebecca said with a huge relief.

“Good evening ma’am,” the doctor greeted Pro. Grace after she had gotten to where they are.
“Good evening, how did surgery go?” She asked.

“Fortunately, it went well,” she smiled.
“Thank you so much,” Prof. Grace said gratefully.

After a short while, Richard was taken to one of the best rooms in the hospital. The room was of medium size, and the sick bed was placed close near the wall beside the glass sliding window. Opposite to the bed was small table with a basket of flowers kept on it. Beside the table, was a door that leads to the bathroom. Rebecca and mother walked into the room and sat on the two sitter sofa that was next to the table. They watched as his chest go up and down with the oxygen tube in his face.
“Is he going to he okay?” Rebecca asked.
“I believe he will be,” Prof. Grace replied as she placed her hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“I feel really bad for him,” Rebecca said.

“Me too,” her mother replied. Just then, Richard’s phone that was on the table started ringing. Rebecca stood up and walked to the phone and saw Achuba calling.

Rebecca: Hello

Achuba: Hi, how are you?

Rebecca: I am fine.

Achuba: is this Rebecca speaking?

Rebecca: yeah how do you know is me?

Achuba: because I know you are the only girl that answer Richard’s phone.

Rebecca: I’m flattered, but do you know that your friend is in the hospital?

Achuba: I have no idea, what happened to him?

Rebecca: didn’t you hear about the gun shot?

Achuba: Don’t tell me it was Richard that got shot.

Rebecca: why should I be the one answering your call if he wasn’t the one?

Achuba: Oh my God, in which hospital is he?
Rebecca: the T.H

After the call, Rebecca went and sat beside her mother.

“I will be going home now,” her mother announced.
“Okay Mom, I think I will spend the night here,” Rebecca replied.
“Is okay, you can call me if you need anything,” Prof. Grace said as she walked out of the room. After her mother left, Rebecca went out of the room and took a small chair and returned with it. She placed the chair beside Richard’s bed and sat on it and watched as he breath. Suddenly, she heard some footsteps behind her. When she turned, she discovered Richard’s roommates.
“You can come in,” Rebecca replied after they asked if the can come in.

“How did he get shot?” Thomas asked.

“I was talking to him close to the garden when a man suddenly from the bush and shot him,” she explained.

“I never knew Richard getting involved in people’s affairs, why should somebody shoot him?” Achuba asked.

“He did, when he started liking the senator’s girlfriend,” Armstrong said.

“Do you think the senator did this?” Rebecca asked as she stood up.
“Most likely, but I’m not certain,” Armstrong replied.
“I’m going to meet him right away,” Rebecca said trying to walk out in a hurry.

“Hold on a second, we have no strong evidence that if it was the senator. Confronting him like that could be risky,” Achuba said blocking her.

“I think he’s right,” Thomas supported.

“I’m not scared of him,” Rebecca said and pushed him out of her way.

Tbc
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dybala11(m): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks for the update Mr OP. More updates please, don't keep us waiting.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:02am On Dec 28, 2021
The pink Clouds

#Episode_26&27

“Do you think the senator did this?” Rebecca asked as she stood up.

“Most likely, but I’m not certain,” Armstrong replied.

“I’m going to meet him right away,” Rebecca said trying to walk out in a hurry.

“Hold on a second, we have no strong evidence that it was the senator. Confronting him like that could be risky,” Achuba said blocking her.

“I think he’s right,” Thomas supported.

“I’m not scared of him,” Rebecca said and pushed him out of her way.

She walked out of the hospital angrily and took a taxi to the senator’s house. It was 20 drive from the teaching hospital. The house was a two storey building surrounded by a very tall fence. There were about five military soldiers sitting under a canopy close to the gate of the house. As she walked towards the gate, one of the military officers hurriedly stood up and had it opened for her.

She hurriedly walked into the living room and found the senator sitting with his friends. The living room was filled with their voice as they laughed.

“Hey babe, did something happen?” The senator asked grinning as he walked to her. When he got to her, she slapped him on the face that the whole living room echoed the sound. There was a total silence in the living, as his friends were intrigued by what happened. They both stared at each other angrily without a word.

“Are you in your right senses?” He questioned after about 30 minutes of silence.

“Yes,

I am on my right senses,” she replied.
“I think there something wrong with you, you are not mentally stable,” he added. Rebecca tried to slap him, but he held her hand.
She made an attempt to slap him with her other hand, but he grabbed both of her hands.

“Let me go, you bastard!” She shouted as she struggled to free herself. He let go of her hands and slapped her to the extent that she fell on the ground.

“You better watch your mouth,” he said. Rebecca was silent, looking at the ground. She remained like that for more than a minute until she finally raised her head.

“Thank God I didn’t marry a monster like you,” she uttered at last.

“Why are you behaving like that Rebecca?” One of his friends asked.

“I’m going to sue you for trying to kill my friend,” Rebecca revealed.

“Good luck with about that,” he laughed.

Rebecca stood up and walked out of the house and took a taxi back to the hospital. On her way to the hospital, Rebecca suddenly remembered about her mother’s illness. She screamed at the top making the taxi driver stop.

“Is everything okay?” He asked confusingly.
“No is not, Rebecca replied,” she replied as she started crying.
“What happened?”
“I’m about to lose the two people I love most in my life,” Rebecca said.
“I’m not good at comforting people ma’am, but I think everything will be okay if you pray and ask for God’s assistance,” he offered.

She ignored him and kept crying. He dropped her as soon as they arrived at the university teaching hospital. she walked her way to the entrance of the hospital, her phone started ringing. When removed the phone from her hand bag, she noticed that it Amirah calling. She couldn’t speak after answering the call.

Amirah: why are you crying?

Rebecca: my mum has lung cancer.

Amirah: Are you serious?

Rebecca: Have I ever joked to you on something like this?

There was about a minute of silence after Rebecca said that. Suddenly, Alice started crying too. They both cried for about five and none of them could uttered a word.

Rebecca: And Richard is in the hospital, he was shot with a gun.

Amirah: why do bad things like this keep happening?”

Rebecca: I don’t know why

Amirah:I will talk to Alice, we will be on our way tomorrow.

Rebecca: Okay

Rebecca walked into the hospital after the phone call. She found Thomas and Achuba in Richard’s room when she arrived.
“you are back,” Achuba said

“Yes.”

“you

know we can take care of him, you can go home and rest,” Achuba offered
“I’m not going anywhere,” she replied.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to make you angry.”

“Could you please excuse me, I want to sit here,” she declared after she got to the chair close to Richard’s bed. Thomas quietly stood her and gave her the chair.

She sat on chair and held Richard’s hand. After a while, she laid her head on the bed and watch him breathing. Around 3 am, Thomas and Achuba left the hospital while Rebecca slept shortly after the left. Around 5 am, one of the nurses waked her up and invited her to go and sleep in an empty room next to Richard’s, but she insisted she will stay there.

At around 7 am, a journalist arrived at the hospital and questioned Rebecca about how it happened. She jotted down what Rebecca told her and left.

“Hey,” came a voice behind her. When she turned, she saw Dixxy and Mary standing by the door wearing their lab coats.

“Hi,” Rebecca barely uttered.

“We are really sorry to hear about what happened to him,” Mary sympathized.

“Is okay, he’s going to be fine,” Rebecca replied.

“Are you coming for Doctor Fatima’s lecture?” Dixxy asked.

“I will be there,” she replied.

After Dixxy and Mary left, her mother walked into the room.
“Good morning Mom,” Rebecca greeted.

“Did you sleep at all?” Her mother asked as she sat down on the sofa.

“I barely slept,” she answered.

“Come on, go home and take a shower,” her mother suggested.

“No, I will be here until he wakes up,” Rebecca insisted.

“Okay, I will be going to India for treatment tomorrow,” Prof. Grace announced.

“Really?” Rebecca asked.

“Yes, you have nothing to worry about.”
Rebecca stood up with tear falling her eyes.

“Stop giving me hope, I have seen your medical report,” she cried.

“Don’t worry, I’m going to be fine,” she said as she hugged Rebecca.

“And please, don’t tell Emmanuel about it,” she pleaded.

“Why shouldn’t I? He will eventually find out,” Rebecca protested.

“Besides, it will be to tell so that he will cherish the last moments he will have with you,” Rebecca said.

“Are you crazy? Why are you saying things like this?” Prof. Grace shouted at her

“I was a fool to live a happy life thinking that you are going to be by our side forever,” Rebecca cried.

“I beg you Rebecca, even if the 1% chance of me surviving it, we have to believe it,” Prof. Grace said.

At about 10 am, Rebecca decided to go home and change the clothes she was wearing. She got dressed after her shower without even bothering to put on some makeup. She took her car and drove out of the house.

By the time she arrived at the hospital, it was already 11 am.
When she got close to the room, she noticed that it crowded with people to the extent that some
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:03am On Dec 28, 2021
Episode 26 & 27 continuation

of the persons stood by the door. It was Richard’s course mates from his department. They made way for Rebecca as walked into the room. When she got closer, she found Richard to have finally woken up. She instantly ran to him and bent down to held his hand.

“You are finally up,” she cried.

“Yes I am,” Richard smiled.

“I thought I have lost you.”

“Is okay,” Richard said as he stroke his fingers against her hair.
Rebecca stood up and sat by the edge of the bed and watched as Richard smiled.
“Excuse me, is this Richard’s room?” Asked a female voice behind the crowd.
“Yes,” the crowd answered.
Richard and Rebecca became curious about who the person was. The crowd made way for her as she walked in. When she walked in, Richard couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It was his younger sister Suzanna. She wore black dress that was slightly over her knees with black shoes.

“Suzan!” Richard screamed.

She ran to him and hugged and suddenly burst into tears. Everybody stood in sympathy and watched the two cry as hugged each other. Rebecca suddenly started feeling jealous. She wondered who was that girl bold enough to hug Richard in her presence.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” Rebecca said trying to separate the two of them.

“She is my younger sister,” Richard announced.

“Really?” Rebecca asked surprisingly.

Before Richard could reply, Suzan interrupted.

“How are you feeling now?” She asked.

“I’m feeling much better,” Richard answered.

“I can’t believe this is you, you have no idea how much we miss you,” she said.

“I’m so sorry,” Richard apologized.

“You are so good at apologizing, you haven’t changed at all,” she smiled.

“But you have changed a lot, is like you are even taller than me now,” Richard replied.

“If you could remember, I once told you that I’m going to he taller than you,” she laughed.
The rest of the crowd left leaving only the three of the room.

“Why

did you abandon us?”Suzan asked.
“I didn’t abandon you. Infact, there hasn’t been a single day in the past 6 years that I didn’t think of you,” Richard said.

“If what you are saying is true, then why didn’t you come home?”

“I just couldn’t face big sis, I have disappointed her and made all her hard work go into waste,” Richard replied.

“Oh just listen to how dumb you sound. You are going to regret this for the rest of your life,” she replied.

“I’m already regretting it,” Richard said.

“You regret more if I tell you what happened.”
“What happened?” Richard asked curiously.
Suzan became silent and the smile on face faded again.
“Please tell me what happened,” Richard requested desperately.

“I will tell you, but not now,” she uttered after a long silence.

“I heard one of the doctors is looking for, I will be back,” Rebecca said as she stood up.

“Okay, babe,” Richard replied.

“Babe?” Suzan retorted and Richard smiled.

“She is so pretty, no wonder you didn’t remember to come home,” she continued.

“We used to know each other in my previous university, we recently got United, just about 2 months ago,” Richard responded.

“Oh I see,” she replied.

“So, how is big sis doing?” Richard asked, and at that time, Rebecca has just returned. Suzan remained quiet and couldn’t talk.

“What is it?” Richard asked.

“She died last 3 weeks giving birth to her second child,” Suzan revealed.

Richard became totally confused and was unable comprehend what she was saying.

“What do you mean by that?” Richard asked unbelievably.

“I mean she is death, she no longer alive,” Suzan added.

.”Please stop kidding around Mimi,” Richard pleaaded.

“How stupid do you think I am to joke with something like this? She is no longer with us, she died giving birth to a baby boy. But the boy is alive,” she explained.

“Did you come all the way here to tell me something like this?” Richard asked.

“Believe it or not, she is dead. Do you how hard she tried to look for the past five years? She kept blaming herself for not being friendly towards you, that’s why you got scared and didn’t return home,” she said as she cried.

Richard started crying like baby. The memories of his started coming back to him. He remembered how she used to defend him in primary school when other kids try to bully him. He remembered how she can easily give up her toys to him when they were kids just because he liked them. He was planning to impress to her with his business once Prof. Grace gives him the money she promised. But she is no longer around to him succeeding, and those thoughts broke his heart more than anything else. When Rebecca noticed, how the two of them were crying, it touched her so much to the extent that she started crying too. She quickly walked out of the room and hurriedly went to her car.

After the Richard heard the news about his sister, his whole turned upside down. He couldn’t think of anything than her. His sister sat in sorrow and watched him crying like a child.

At

about 12 pm, Alice and Amirah arrived at the hospital. Rebecca went to the entrance of the hospital and welcome them.
“You are welcome,” Rebecca said to them.
“Thank you,” they both smiled.
“Why do you come empty handed?” Rebecca asked.
“Actually, we don’t plan on staying long here. We just came to see you and Richard, we’ll be on our way back in the evening,” Amirah replied.
“That’s unfair,” Rebecca frowned.
“Okay we’ll spend the night here, we will leave the first in the morning tomorrow,” Alice inferred.
“Alice, have you forgotten that my shift starts tomorrow?” Amirah asked.
“Come on, is just a single day, you can call one of your friends to cover for you,” Alice said.

“How is Richard doing now?” Amirah asked as they headed to his room.

“Not so good, his younger sister came today,” Rebecca responded.

“Really? Shouldn’t that be a good thing?”

“It is, but you know he hasn’t been home in six years. She announced to him that his older sister is death, and it has completely broken him,” Rebecca explained.

“Poor Richard, I feel really terrible for him,” Alice sympathized.
When they got into the room, they found Suzan sitting next to him. He was still crying that he barely noticed the people around him.

“We are sorry about your lost,” Alice finally uttered, and that was when he looked and noticed.

“Thanks for your concern,” Richard replied. The three sat down on the sofa and watched Richard in silence. Some few minutes later, Prof. Grace walked into the room. Alice and Rebecca quickly stood up from the spot to give a space to sit.
“Please sit down, I’m not going to stay long here,” Prof. Grace instructed and they sat back.
Richard tried his best to hide his emotions when he heard her voice, but couldn’t.

“Good afternoon Ma’am,” Suzan greeted Prof. Grace.

“Good afternoon, it seems like your face look familiar,” Prof. Grace said trying to recall her face.

“Yes we once came to you with my sister when we were looking for my brother six years ago,” she replied.

“Oh yes I remember you, you have quite grown into a beautiful woman now,” Prof. Grace smiled.

“Yes,” Suzan smiled.

“How did you find Richard?”

“Well, I saw the incident that happened to him published in one of the newspapers. Then I thought I should come and check if it was my brother,” she replied.

“That’s incredible.”

“Richard, I’m glad you are finally up,” Prof. Grace as she walked closer to see his face.
“Thank you Ma’am,” he replied with his voice shaking.
“Are you okay? Should I call the doctor?” Prof. Asked worriedly.
“Actually, he just received a bad new from his sister,” Rebecca quickly interfered.
“What was the bad new?” Prof. Grace asked Suzan. Suzab became quite for a moment before she finally spoke.
“Our older sister died last month,” Suzan announced.
“You don’t mean the lady that came with you the other time, right?” Prof. Grace asked.
“Unfortunately, she is the one,” Rebecca sadly replied.

“Oh! I truely am sorry to hear about your lost Richard,” Prof. Grace said will all sympathy.
“Thank you ma’am,” Richard replied.

“May her soul rest in peace,” she added.

“Ameen,” Richard replied.
After a short moment, Prof. Grace revealed to them that she’ll be going.
“Please take good care of Emmanuel while I’m away,” Prof. Grace said to Rebecca.

“Are you going now?” Rebecca asked standing up.

“Unfortunately yes, and I may away for weeks,” Prof. Grace replied. Rebecca ran to her and hugged her.

“I hope you will come back healthy,” Rebecca anxiously said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” Prof. Grace said with a fake smile.

“Alright Richard, I’ll call you,” Prof. Grace said as she walk out.

“Thanks for all your help and support Ma’am,” Richard said with appreciation.

Rebecca walked her Mom out of the hospital to her car that was parked outside. As soon as her driver saw them approaching, he quickly went to the and had the door opened for her.
“Don’t worry about me, study well and take care of your brother,” Prof. Grace said.
“Alright Mom, I promise I will,” Rebecca responded.

“Okay, then off I go,” Prof. Grace closed the door. Rebecca stood in her position and watched as the car started move. After the car went a certain distance, Rebecca ran after wave at the driver to stop.

“What is it?” Her mother asked.

“Can I come with you?” Rebecca asked crying.
“If you come with me, then what will you do about your studies? And who will look after Emmanuel?” Prof. Grace asked.
“I can ask the maids to take of him, and I’m okay with repeating my current year,” Rebecca cried.
“I didn’t know you love me this much,” Prof. Grace smiled as she wiped off her tears.
“Of course I love you.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” her mother said.

Rebecca watched as the car drove until it was no longer visible. She then went back to the room and sat beside her friends. Even though Richard was in pain, he still was able to see the behind Rebecca’s eyes.

“Is your mother gone?” He asked her.

“Yes she is,” Rebecca replied.

“Don’t worry, she will be fine,” Richard replied.

“Let’s hope so,” Rebecca replied.

“Let me go home and something for your sister to eat,” Rebecca announced.

“Oh thank you,” Suzan smiled at Rebecca.

“Oh come on, that’s not a big deal,” Rebecca replied.
Rebecca left with her friends leaving only Richard with his sister in the room. Shortly after they left, Thomas and Achuba arrived at the room. They were so surprised to a girl other than Rebecca sitting beside him holding his hand. When she turned, her eyes caught Thomas’s eyes. Thomas felt his heartbeat skipped for a moment and he quickly looked away. As far he can recall, he had never felt something like that in his entire life.
“Richard,” Achuba called.

“I’m glad you are back,” Richard replied.

“Good afternoon,” Suzan greeted them. And when Thomas heard her voice, he became completely taken by it.

“Good afternoon, how are you doing?” Achuba answered. At this point, Thomas couldn’t help but explore her beauty. Her round bold eyes, her hairstyle and dress we’re all captivating.
“Hey, this is my sister,” Richard said when he noticed how Thomas was staring and Thomas quickly looked away.

“Really?” Achuba asked surprisingly.

“Yes of course,” Suzan smiled.

“That’s great, when did you come here?” Achuba asked.

“Some few hours ago,” she replied.

“That’s wonderful, it an honour to finally meet you,” Achuba smiled.

“The pleasure is all mine,” she smiled back.

“How are you feeling now,” Achuba asked Richard.

“Much better,” replied Richard.

“Why is your other friend silent since you came in?” Suzan asked looking into Thomas’s eyes.
“I.., I,” Thomas stammered and stopped.

“You what?” She asked and his heart beat faster as he try to speak.

“I think I’m sick,” Thomas finally uttered. He wondered what was happening to him. He had never been like that around any other girl.

“Really? What’s wrong?” Achuba asked.

“It might be a headache,” Thomas replied.

“You are not even sure,” Achuba laughed.

Some few minutes later, Prof. Grace called Richard on the phone. His sister helped him to answering the call.

Richard: Hello Ma’am

Prof. Grace: I hope you are feeling better now?

Richard: Yes ma’am, I’m much better.

Prof. Grace: is Rebecca there with you?”

Richard: No she has left

Prof. Grace: Good, I promise to give you 20 million Naira, right?

Richard: Yes, Ma’am

Prof. Grace: Okay, I’ve already given my lawyer the money. He will it to you when you recover.

Richard: Thank you so much Ma’am

Prof. Grace: is okay, just take care of Rebecca and Emmanuel for me.

Richard: I promise I will. But wait, you are coming back, right?

Prof. Grace: God’s willing I will be back.

“Who was that?” Suzan asked after Richard finished the phone call.

“It was Rebecca’s mother,” Richard replied.

“She really is a nice woman, she reminds me of Mom,” Suzan said.

“Yes,” Richard said.

“Could you please go and get the nurse please? The drip in my hand is aching,” Richard said.

“Okay, I’ll be on my way,” she replied and stood up.

As she was walking out of the, she again caught Thomas staring at her irresistibly. Thomas tried his best not to make it obvious to his friends. About a minute, after she walked out, Thomas stood up and headed out.

“Where are you going?” Achuba asked.

“I want to check on something” he replied. And when he got out the room, he saw Suzan approaching with the nurse. She was just some few inches behind the nurse. They both looked into each other’s eyes as they got close to each other. She suddenly stopped walking while the nurse Continued her walk to the room.
“What’s your name?” Thomas asked after he had gotten to where she was.

“Me?” She asked pointing at herself.
“Of course I’m talking to you, is there anyone around here that my question can be referred to?” Thomas asked.

“Oh I thought you can see the ghost around me,” she laughed. And when he noticed her laugh, his fear suddenly vanished.

“All the ghosts are over there having a party, none of them is close to where we are,” he replied.

“By the way, my name is Susan, how about you?” She asked.

“I’m Thomas,” he replied.

“Are you also a student of this University?” She questioned.

“Yes, I’m in the same department with your brother,” Thomas answered.
“Oh that’s great.”

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2021
How about you? Which school are you attending?” Thomas asked.
“Actually, I finished my highschool four years ago, and I haven’t start any school yet,” she replied.
“Oh that’s quite bad, what were you planning on doing?” He asked.
“I’m planning on getting married,” she revealed.
“Seriously? Aren’t you too young for marriage?” Thomas asked surprisingly.

“Yes seriously, I’m 21 years old. I don’t think I’m too young for it,” she smiled.

“Wow! You are even older than I am,” Thomas said.

“Really? How old are you?” She asked.

“I’m 18 years old,” Thomas revealed.

“That’s great,” she commented.

“I think we should be heading back to room,” she added.

“Yes you are right. But before then, can you please give me your phone number?” Thomas requested.

“Okay let me have your phone,” she replied.
She punched her phone number on the phone after he gave her the phone.

“Here you go,” she said handing him the phone.

“Thank you,” Thomas smiled.

“Don’t just call me in the night, I hate when people do that,” she said frowning.

“Oh I promise I will never call you in the night,” Thomas said.

“Relax, I’m kidding,” she smiled and started walking her way back to the room.

Some minutes later, Thomas walked into the room and sat beside Achuba.

“What did you go to check on?” Richard asked.

“It is nothing important,” Thomas replied. Achuba was about to comment when Rebecca came in with Alice.
“I think we should go,” Thomas whispered to Achuba.

“Alright Richard, we’ll be going now,” Achuba said as they stood up.

“Okay guys, I will see you later,” Thomas replied and they headed out of the room.

“Are you interested in Richard’s sister?” Achuba asked Thomas after they have gotten out of the room.

“Yes I am,” Thomas replied.

“You should really consider what you are doing before things get bad. Is not every boy that will stand his friends dating his sister, it can be the cause of the end of your friendship,” Achuba adviced.

“I just feel something I never felt before when I’m around other girls,” Thomas replied.

“You don’t always get what you disire in life, sometimes you have to give it up,” Achuba admonished.

“I’ll try,” Thomas replied.

One week later, Richard finally got discharged from the hospital. Rebecca suggested that he should stay with his sister in her place until he’s fully recovered. The doctor gave him the final check up and he was adviced on things to do to improve his health.
At around 10 am, Richard was ready to leave the hospital. Thomas and Achuba helped Richard to walk to
Rebecca’s car that was parked outside while Susan and Rebecca walked behind them. Rebecca quickly walked to the car and had the car opened for them. Richard, Thomas and Achuba sat at the back, while Rebecca and Susan sat in the front. Rebecca started the engine and started started driving after everyone had sat down.

“So, doesn’t that mean his shooter has gone free without getting arrested?” Susan questioned.

“Well, the shooter was not identified that’s why the police couldn’t arrest anybody,” Achuba explained.

“That’s really annoying. That means he could have died in vain,” Susan said angrily.

“Why would anyone try to kill him in the first place?” Thomas questioned.

“Perhaps, he was been mistaken for another person,” Achuba replied.

“No, I think it was my ex that tried to kill him,” Rebecca replied.

“Really?” Everyone in the car asked surprisingly.

“I think he is the one because Richard was short on the day I announced to him that our relationship is over. My mom has warned me about how dangerous he could be, but I was blinded during our relationship,” Rebecca announced.

“Is that so? Then why don’t we sue him?” Susan asked.

“Is not that easy you know. I talked to my mother’s lawyer about it but he said I don’t have any solid evidence to prove my point. Had it been the shooter was identified, it could have been easier,” Rebecca explained.

“Let’s forget about everything now that I’m alive and healthy,” Richard finally spoke.

“No I don’t think so, what if he tries to kill you again?” Rebecca asked.

“Well, there is nothing we can do about it,” Richard replied.
They arrived at Prof. Grace’s house some few minutes later. The gate was opened for them and Rebecca drove into the house.
After the car came to halt, Achuba helped Richard to get down from the car.
“Let me lead you to his room,” Rebecca said as she walked in the direction of the guest quarter.
“Oh that will be helpful,” Achuba replied. Richard and Achuba walked gently to guest rooms that was located behind a small flower garden leaving behind Susan and Thomas.
Thomas looked up into her eyes and she looked extremely beautiful in the red dress she was wearing. His heart pounded faster as she walked closer to him.
“Why didn’t you call me after I gave you my number?” She asked.
“I’m sorry, I was very busy,” Thomas replied.
“Oh I see,” she said and headed towards where Richard was taken.
“Look I’m really for not calling you,” he tried to apologize.
“No, you don’t have to apologize,” she responded without even looking back that was when he realized he gave the wrong excuse.
Before he caught up with her, she had already gotten to the room.

“We will go to the hostel and get his stuff,” Achuba announced as soon as Susan walked in.

“Thank you,” Richard said.

“No problem, we’ll be back soon,” Achuba said and walked out.

“What would you like to eat?” Rebecca asked as she sat beside Richard.

“Nothing, I’m satisfied just by looking at you,” Richard replied.
“That’s a pretty big like you are saying,” Rebecca responded.
“Do I look like I’m lying?” Richard asked turning back to Susan who was standing by the door.
“You look like a fabulous lier,” she smiled.

“Oh so you are even supporting her because she is a girl like you,” Richard said with his eyes widely opened.

Before any of them could talk, one of the security guards of the house interrupted.

“The senator is here,” he announced.
“You go and tell him that I’m not ready to see him, he should leave,” Rebecca replied.

“I’m sorry Ma’am, I don’t think I’ll be to say this to the senator,” the security guard replied.
“Then in that case you will fired,” she said angrily.

“Oh please calm down. Just ignore him, he will leave when he get tired,” Richard interfered.

“I think Richard is right,” Susan supported.

Shortly after that, the senator headed to guest room himself. The instance Rebecca saw him through the window, she stood up and walked out the room.

“I thought I made it clear to you that is over between us,” she uttered angrily when she got to where he was.
“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t stop thinking about you for the past day,” said he helplessly.

“There are plenty of girls out there, why can’t you get yourself one with all the money you have?” She questioned.

“In all the women I’ve met in my life, you are exceptionally the best. I didn’t realize that until now.”

“I’m afraid is too late now, I’m already in a relationship with someone,” Rebecca rejected.
“You can’t be serious, right?” He doubted.

“I’m so damn serious,” she answered.

Richard stood and managed to walked out when the senator insisted.

“Let me properly introduce you to him. His name is Richard, we met five years ago ,before I met you,” Rebecca said as Richard walked out.

“So are you willing to give up or relationship over a kid with no future?” The senator asked.

“Absolutely, not only will I give up my relationship with you, I can also give up my life for him,” Rebecca announced.

The senator was silent for a moment until he finally looked up at Richard.

“Can I have a word with you?” He said looking at Richard.
“No whatever you are going to say to him, you can say it in my presence,” Rebecca protested.
“It will only take a minute,” he continued.

“Is okay Rebecca, let me have an audience with him,” Richard said.

“Okay,” she replied and walked back into the room.

“I’m giving you ten million Naira to leave her alone,” the senator offered.

“I’m sorry sir, that won’t be enough,” Richard replied. The senator gave him some evil laugh and moved closer to him.
“I will make it 50 million,” he added.

“Even if you will make it a trillion, I won’t leave her alone,” Richard boldly replied.

“I guess you don’t value your life, haven’t you learnt your lesson yet?” He threaned.

Story_CONTINUES
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2021
THE PINK CLOUDS

#EPISODE_28

Richard stood and manged to walked out when the senator insisted.

“Let me properly introduce you to him. His name is Richard, we met five years ago before I met you,” Rebecca said as Richard walked out.

“So are you will to give up or relationship over a kid with no future?” The senator asked.

“Absolutely, not only will I give up my relationship with you, I can also give up my life for him,” Rebecca announced.
The senator was silent for a moment until he finally looked up at Richard.

“Can I have a word with you?” He said looking at Richard.

“No whatever you are going to say to him, you can say it in my presence,” Rebecca protested.

“It will only take a minute,” he continued.

“Is okay Rebecca, let me have an audience with him,” Richard said.

“Okay,” she replied and walked back into the room.

“I’m giving you ten million Naira to leave her alone,” the senator offered.

“I’m sorry sir, that won’t be enough,” Richard replied. The senator gave him some evil laugh and moved closer to him.

“I will make it 50 million,” he added.

“Even if you will make it a trillion, I won’t leave her alone,” Richard boldly replied.

“I guess you don’t value your life, haven’t you learnt your lesson yet?” He threatned.

“Rebecca was right afterwards,” Richard responded.
“If you value your life, walk out of her life. This is the last warning I’m going to give you,” he warned.

“Do your worst, I’m not giving up on her,” he answered.

The

senator turned and left after their conversation. That was when Richard realized who he was picking a fight with. He realized he will be left defenseless if he was to be attacked again. But giving up Rebecca is something he would never do.
“Is he gone?” Rebecca asked behind him.

“Yes he is,” Richard replied as he turned.

“What did you discuss with him?” She asked.

“He begged me to give up on you that he loves you so much. He even offered to give me as much as fifty million Naira if I comply,” he informed.

“Oh that’s a huge amount of money, and what was your reply?” She asked walking closer to him expecting him to say something romantic.

“I told I will think about it,” Richard replied.

“What?” Rebecca asked as she stopped walking with her eyes and mouth widely opened.

“Relax baby, I’m just kidding,” Richard laughed.

“You could have committed an unforgivable sin if you really had said that to him,” the anger on face disappeared.
“Do you really think I will choose money over you?” Richard questioned.

“Well, the way you answered scared me. You made sound so real,” she responded.

“I will never do that to Rebecca,” Richard assured.

“I believe you,” she smiled.

“You still haven’t told me what you wanted to eat,” Rebecca said.
“How about some noodles and tea?” Richard smiled.
“Well, let me go to the kitchen and make some for you,” Rebecca replied.
“Alright, let’s go to the kitchen together. I want to see how you cook.”
“That won’t be a problem, but Susan will be left all alone,” Rebecca replied.
“Hey little sis,” Richard shouted.

“What do you want?” Susan shouted back.

.”We’ll be going to the ktichen to cook,” Richard announced to her hearing.

“Really? I thought you are still sick,” she asked.

“I think so,” he responded.

“Okay, but with whom are you going to cook with?” She asked.

“With my wife of course,” Richard replied.

“Okay lover boy, good luck,” she replied.

Richard held Rebecca’s arm and they slowly walked to the kitchen. She brought one of the dining chairs for him to sit on. Richard sat down and watched her go back and front in the kitchen.

“I heard your sister saying she will be going back in the next five days,” Rebecca announced.

“Yes, she said she is going to take care of our niece,” Richard replied.

“Oh, I was wondering if you could talk to her about starting a school here in this University,” Rebecca suggested.

“That’s
a brilliant idea, but how who will take care of our nieces?” Richard asked.
“Well, we can rent a house here for them to stay,” Rebecca said.
“I don’t cause you so much expenses, you have already done so much for me,” Richard complained.

“Don’t worry Richard, I can do anything for you,” she smiled.
He watched her as she cut the onions with small knife.

“Do you know what?” Richard asked.

“What is it?” Rebecca asked as she stopped cutting the onions.
“I have on several occasions imagined myself introducing you to my older sister,” Richard announced.

“Really?”

“Yes, and I can see the happiness the happiness on her face if she sees how perfect my wife is,” Richard said.
“Is really sad that we’ll never get to see her again,” she responded.
“Yes, I really regret leaving five years ago,” Richard announced.
“It must be really so heartbreaking for you,” she replied.
“Yes it is,” he replied.
She continued with her cooking and Richard remained quiet and watched her.
“I’m curious about something,” he revealed.
“What is it?” She asked.
“How did you feel when you discovered that I ran away five years ago?” Richard asked.
“Well, I couldn’t believe it at first. I thought maybe you would come back after some days. I waited and waited but you weren’t back. You were in my dreams for months only I finally gave up at last,” she explained.

“I’m really sorry for causing you all this pain,” Richard apologized.

Thomas returned with Richard’s bag containing his clothes. He went to the guest quarter and found Susan sitting alone in Richard room. She wore an earpiece in ear that she didn’t even notice it when he came in. Thomas, remained quiet for a moment appreciating her beauty. The more he looked at her, the more his desire for her grows. When she looked up, she caught him staring at her. But his desire grew so strong that he couldn’t look away.

“Can I help you?” She asked after removing the earpiece for her ears.

“Where is Richard?” Thomas asked.

“He went to cook with his girlfriend,” she responded.

“Where did they go to?” Thomas asked.

“I don’t know, you can ask them when they return,” she replied putting back her earpiece.

“Susan!” Thomas called out.

“What is it?” She questioned.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t call you. And the excuse I gave back was pretty lame. To be honest, I was scared your brother won’t like you talking to me,” Thomas replied.
“Really? And why would my brother do that?” Susan asked.

“Well, is so hard to explain this,” Thomas replied.

“Aren’t you getting tired of standing?” She said noticing the fact he was standing.

“Actually, I am,” Thomas replied and sat at the edge of the bed.

“So, tell me about your girlfriend,” she asked.

“I don’t have a girlfriend,” Thomas replied.

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2021
That’s the common lie that boys say when they meet new girls,” she disbelieved.

“Well, you can ask your brother if you think what I said is untrue,” Thomas said.

“But I know at least you have a crush on someone,” she said looking into his eyes.

The way she talked made him weak that he forgot where was.

“Do you have a crush on someone?” She asked again.

“Yes I do,” he replied.

“Who could that be?”

“Well, I prefer to keep it a secret for the time being.”
“Is that so? At least you can tell me more about her if you are not willing to tell me about her identity.”

“If i tell you a little information about her, I’ll be revealing her identity,” Thomas replied.

“Is okay. Tell me why you like her,” Susan insisted.

“I’m in love with her eyes. From the first moment I saw her, I felt so connected to her. I’ve never felt like that in my entire existence,” Thoma said.

They were both quiet for a moment looking into each other’s eyes. Thomas felt like getting up and kiss her, but something stopped. From the look in her eyes, it was obvious that she was completely helpless.
“When are you going to confess your feelings to her?” She asked.
“Anytime soon,” Thomas replied.
“You better hurry up, she might travel,” Susan said.
“Travel? Where would she go to?”
“I don’t I know, maybe back to where she came from,” Susan replied.
“I thought she just arrived here,” Thomas said.
“Well, there are things she needs to take of that’s why she needs to go,” she explained. Before Thomas could make a comment her phone started ringing.

Emmanuel had just returned from school. He walked in with his school bag on the back heading to his room. He suddenly heard Rebecca’s voice in the kitchen and he branched off to see what she was cooking. When he got there he saw standing next to Richard.
“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be at school?” Rebecca asked angrily.

“One

of our teachers passed away, so is a day off for us,” Emmanuel grinned.
“Seriously? Your teacher passed away and all that you cared about is the day off you get?” Rebecca questioned shockingly.

“Is not like we are related, so that shouldn’t bother me,” he said as he headed back to his room.

“Your evilness is really getting out of hand, I wonder what will happen if someone you loves dies,” Rebecca said.
“I still don’t care,” he said walking.

“This boy is so spoilt, I don’t know how to deal with him anymore,” Rebecca said.

“He is at his adolescence stage, you were once like him, remember?” Richard grinned.

“Hey, don’t forget that you are just 2 years older than I am. And as of now, if I tell people that we are age mates, they are more likely to believe me,” she said.

“Yes, you are right,” Richard laughed.

After the food was done, they ate together and took some back to Susan. When they walked into the room, they food Thomas sitting on the other side of the bed.

“Since when have you been here?” Richard asked.

“A couples of minutes ago, and I heard you went to cook,” Thomas replied.

“Oh yes I didn’t,” Richard replied.

“I didn’t know that you know how to cook,” he said.

“Well, I was just there to watch my wife and learn,” he said and Rebecca turned and smiled at him.

“Here come and eat with me,” Susan said after Rebecca gave her the food.

“No, I’m really full. I ate before coming here,” Thomas responded.

“Where is Achuba?” Richard asked.

.”He will be having a lecture by noon, so I left him getting prepared,” Thomas replied

“Oh that’s okay,” Richard commented.

“I think I’ll be leaving now too, because we also have a lectures by noon,” Thomas replied.

“Okay then I will see you later,” Richard replied.

In the night around 8 pm, Susan received a text from Thomas while she was sitting with Richard on a bed in his room.

Thomas: come to gate of the house, I’m waiting for you.

Susan: Okay, I’m on my way.

She texted back his message with a smile on her face and stood up. She was wearing a very transparent night gown at the time.
“Where are you going to?” Richard asked curiously when he noticed her going out.
“I just want to go and see something,” she replied and headed out.
She walked of the gate and saw Thomas standing close to a tree that was opposite the house. He folded his arms and leaned himself against the tree as he watched her approached him. His heartbeat increased as she got closer.
“So, what brings you here at this time?” She asked holding her waist.
“I’ve never been so desperate in my life to see someone in my life until now. I would lose my mind if I didn’t see you,” Thomas replied.
“Really? Are you expecting me to believe these silly lies of yours?” Susan laughed.

“Look into my eyes and tell me I’m lying,” Thomas said with all seriousness.

She became silent for a while and looked into his eyes. She suddenly felt like he was drawing her soul out her body. He felt a very strong force pulling him towards her. He got closer to her with his heart pounding more than ever. He gently tilt his head and kissed her on the lips. She instantly placed her hands on his shoulders as he kissed her. They kissed for more than a minute before he finally let her go.

And

when he looked up behind her, he instantly met an eye contact with Richard. He had never seen Richard looking very upset like since he met him. He quickly let go Susan and watched Richard walked back into the house. He became confused and couldn’t think of what to do.
“What’s wrong?” Susan asked.

“I think Richard has saw us,” Thomas responded.

“What if he sees us?”

“I don’t think he wants us to be together,” Thomas answered.

“Do you think so?” She asked.

“The look on his face definitely said so,” Thomas responded.

“Don’t worry, I will talk to him,” Susan replied.

She went into the house and saw Richard sitting on a bench under a tree. He was sitting in silence with his arms folded. She headed straight to her room pretending hew wasn’t there.
“What do you think you are doing?” Richard asked just as she walked pass where he was sitting.

“What do you mean by that?” She asked pretending not to be aware.

“You know very well what I’m talking about,” Richard responded.
“I still don’t get you,” she smiled.
“Since when did you start dating my friends?” Richard asked angrily.
.”Are mad because I’m dating someone I like?” She questioned.

“Yes I am, and starting today, you will never see him again,” Richard declared.

“I don’t think you have the right to stop me from dating him, I am not a kid Richard, I date whoever I want and wherever I want,” she replied angrily.

Richard became quiet for moment, because he was surprised at her reply.

“Is that so?” He finally spoke.

“Yes,” she responded.

“Well, I guess I don’t have your respect any longer,” Richard replied.

“You don’t have the right to lecture me about respect,” she declared.

“I understand, you can do anything you wish,” Richard replied.

“I will,” she replied and walked to her room.

Richard remained sitting outside until it was 11 pm. Rebecca had just returned from the library and the gate was opened for her. She drove into the house and saw Richard sitting alone on a bench. She parked the car and walked to him.
“Are you still awake?” She asked when she got to where he was.
“Yes I am,” Richard responded.
“What’s wrong?” She asked noticing how worried he was.

“You won’t believe what I saw,” Richard announced.

“What happened?” Rebecca asked as she sat beside him.

“Thomas is going out with my sister,” Richard complained.

“I thought he is your friend.”
“Not anymore,” Richard declared.

“He stabbed you in the back despite how you trusted him,” Rebecca said.

“Exactly,” Richard replied.

Thomas arrived back at their room very late in the night. When he arrived at the room, he found only Armstrong awake. He was sitting on his bed reading one of his book with a flashlight.
“Where have you been?” Armstrong asked as Thomas walked in.
“I have been sitting on the bench outside,” Thomas outside.
“We thought you are going to spend the night here,” Armstrong said.

“No I was just needed to take care of something,” he replied. He changed into his sleeping clothes and lied on his bed. He tried as much he can to fall asleep for about an hour, but he couldn’t sleep. He kept turning from one side of his bed to another.

“Is something wrong?” Armstrong asked.

“Well, is hard to explain,” Thomas replied as he sat up.

“What is it?”

“Richard saw me kissing his sister,” Thomas announced.

“No way! And what did Richard say?” Armstrong asked keeping his book aside.

“Well, he didn’t say much. He just quietly walked back into the house without saying a word,” Thomas explained.
“What did you say did?” Achuba who was lying on the lower bunk below him asked.

“I thought you are sleeping,” Thomas said.

“I was, but what you said caught my attention. I have to make up and hear you properly,” Achuba replied.
He got up and switched on the room’s light.

“What did you Richard saying you doing?” Achuba asked.

“He saw me kissing his sister,” Thomas replied.

“Wow! You know you have completely messed up, right?” Achuba said angrily.

“I know, I just couldn’t help it. No girl has ever made me feel like this before,” Thomas helplessly replied.
“I have warned you before, had it been you backed off, it wouldn’t have turned out like this,” Achuba replied.

“I did back off, but she was really mad at for not calling her,” Thomas explained.

“Well, let’s hope Richard will forgive you for doing that,” Achuba said.

Richard woke up early in the morning around 6 am. He couldn’t stop thinking about what happened the night. He kept wondering about what he was going to say to Thomas when he meet him. He remained on his bed for about an hour until Susan finally came.

“Good morning,” she greeted as she walked to him. Without answering, Richard stood up and headed out of the room.
“Are you not going to talk to me?” Susan asked after quickly blocking his way. Richard gently pushed her out of his way and walked out of the room.

He left her in the room and headed to Rebecca’s site. He entered the living room and found Emmanuel watching TV with his school uniform on.

.”Good morning,” Emmanuel greeted him.

“Good morning, how are you?” Richard asked.

“I’m fine, how are you feeling now?” Emmanuel asked.

.”I’m much better now,” Richard replied.

“That’s really nice,” Emmanuel said.

“It looks like you are ready for school,” Richard commented.

“Yes, I wish I wouldn’t go to that horrible place,” Emmanuel said.

“Is that so? Tell exactly why you hate school,” Richard requested.

“I just hate the fact that I have to sit in the place doing some boring things for hours,” Emmanuel complained.

“Is that the only reason why you hate school?” Richard asked.

“Yes I think it is,” he smiled.

“Well, I’m not surprised that you hate school. I used to hate school too when I was young like you,” Richard said.

“Oh really?” Emmanuel asked.

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2021
Yes Emmanuel. I hated it to the extend that I hid myself in an old building close to my school. When the closing hour arrives, I will go back home with the other kids,” Richard narrated.

“That’s cool,” Emmanuel grinned.

“Wait until you hear the full story,” Richard laughed.

“So, what happened next?” Emmanuel asked.

“One day while I coming home, I met a little girl with her mother who was a blind woman. The little girl was guiding her mother around.”

“When the little girl saw my school bag, she told her mother that she wished she could have a bag like mine. She told me that she had never been to school, and she continued by asking me alot of things about my school. Even though I was young at that time, I still appreciate the fact that going to school is a blessing. From that day, I never miss school again,” Richard informed.
Emmanuel became quiet and couldn’t say a word.

“What do you want to be in the future?” Richard asked breaking the silence.

“I want to be a pilot,” Emmanuel happily revealed.

“That’s marvelous, I would love to see you flying an aeroplane in the future,” Richard said.
“That will be awesome,” Emmanuel grinned.
“But you know being a pilot won’t be easy because there are plenty of calculations involved in it,” Richard said.
“I know,” Emmanuel replied.
“That’s why you must go to school. Besides, school is an amazing place. I met all of my best friends there,” Richard explained.
“Yes, you are right,” Emmanuel smiled.
Suddenly, Rebecca appeared behind them wearing a pink night gown.

“Alright is 7:30, is time for you to go,” Rebecca announced.

“I know,” Emmanuel replied. He grabbed his school bag and headed out.

“Good bye Richard, I will see you after school,” Emmanuel said as he walked out of the house.
“It looks like you’ll be a good father,” Rebecca said as she said beside Richard.

“Why do say that?” Richard laughed.

“Well, I heard advising Emmanuel,” she replied.

“We’re you eavesdropping?” Richard asked.

“Kind of,” Rebecca laughed.

“You know he hardly listens to anyone the way he listened you,” Rebecca said after she stopped laughing.

“Really?” Richard asked.
“Yes, and I’m the least person he listens to,” Rebecca replied.

“You k you he is growing up, give him a break,” Richard suggested.

“Oh, we’ll see about that,” she replied.

“So, what do you want to have for breakfast?” She asked.

.”Anything will be okay with me,” Richard replied.

“Okay I be back in few minutes,” she replied as she stood up.

“By the way, you dropped one of your earrings in my room,” Richard announced.

“You are right, I looked for it yesterday but couldn’t find it. O thought I lost it,” Rebecca replied.
Rebecca walked out and headed to Richard’s room. When she arrived at the room she found Susan crying with her face on the bed.

“Oh my God! Susan, what’s wrong?” Rebecca worriedly asked. But Susan kept crying without saying a word.

“Please talk to me Susan, what’s wrong?” Rebecca asked again.

“My brother is no longer talking to me,” she replied crying.

“Don’t worry, I will go and talk to him,” Rebecca replied.
Rebecca stood up went to Richard in the living room.

“What did you to Susan?” Rebecca asked.

“What do you mean?” Richard asked.

“I found her crying terribly in your room,” Rebecca announced.

“Really?” Richard asked.

“Yes, I think you go and talk to her,” Rebecca suggested. Richard stood and went back to the room and found her still crying.

“Susan!” Richard called out. She finally looked up with tears all over face.

.”What do you want?” She shouted.

“I’m truly sorry for making you cry,” Richard apologized.

“I was doing that for your own good,” Richard said.

“Don’t you think I’m old enough to know what’s right for me?” She asked.

“I know you are old enough, but dating my friend is something I couldn’t imagine. Besides, you are even older than him,” Richard informed.

“I know I’m older than him,” she responded.

“You know you are my only family left, I will do whatever it takes to protect you,” Richard said.

“Thank you for the concern,” she smiled.

He sat beside her and they talked for minutes before arriving announced to them that breakfast was ready. After the breakfast, Rebecca announced to them she will be going for her lectures. Some few minutes after she left, Richard received a call from a foreign number. He was surprised and wondered who was calling him. But after he heard the voice, he instantly recognize whom it was.

Richard: Good morning ma’am

Prof. Grace: Good morning, but is actually evening here

Richard: I’m sorry I didn’t know

Prof. Grace: is okay, how are you feeling now?

Richard: I’m much better now, thank you.

Prof. Grace: I’m pleased to hear that.

Richard: how about you? How is your treatment going?

Prof. Grace: is going okay, I will be having a major surgery tomorrow.

Richard: Oh I pray it will be a successful one.

Prof. Grace: Thank you. I hope you are watching over Rebecca and Emmanuel?

Richard: is quite the opposite ma’am, I think Rebecca is watching over us.

Prof. Grace: that’s okay, I’m really glad that you are okay.
Richard: thank you so much ma’am.

Immediately after the call, Richard saw Thomas calling his number. He watched as the phone rang until it stopped. He silenced the phone as soon as it stopped ringing. It rang about five times but Richard did not answer it. After a while, he saw Achuba calling.

Richard: hello

Achuba: hey, how are you?

Richard: I’m doing great.

Achuba: sorry I didn’t get the chance to show up, you school stuff can be overwhelming.

Richard: you need not to bother yourself, is totally understandable.

Achuba: thank you. By the way, I heard what Thomas did.

Richard: who told you about it?

Achuba: he did. I will call you back later, there is something I must do now.

Richard: okay.

In the evening, around 5 pm, Achuba arrived. He went to Richard’s room and found him sitting by the edge of the bed going through his phone.

“Hey Richard,” he called out as he walked in.

“Hey Achuba!” Richard looked up.
“I’m sorry for not coming earlier, you know we are in the middle of the semester, things are pretty tough right now,” Achuba apologized.

“Is okay, I totally understand,” Richard smiled.

“So, how are you feeling now?” Achuba asked.

“I’m much better now,” Richard answered.

Achuba proceed and sat beside Richard. He tried to grab Richard’s phone, but Richard quickly put it away.
“Hey, are you cheating on Rebecca?” He asked sarcastically.

“I’m not that greedy you know,” Richard laughed.

“If you are not cheating on her, then why did you hide your phone from me?” Achuba asked.

“Is something embarrassing, I don’t want you to see it,” Richard replied.

“Really? And what could that be?”
“You have to kill me to find out,” Richard laughed.
Just as they were talking, they heard the sound of the gate opening and Rebecca drove in with her car.

“Speaking of embarrassment, we all couldn’t believe what we saw today,” Achuba announced.

“What Happened?” Richard asked.

“The senator came to the university today, he was desperately begging Rebecca to take him back. Everybody was watching, but Rebecca refused to listen to him,” Achuba explained.

“Really?” Richard wanted to hear more.

Before Achuba could utter a word, his phone started ringing. When he removed it out of his pocket, he observed that it was Thomas calling him. Richard made an attempt to stop him from picking the call, but he quickly answered it. They talked for about five minutes before the call finally ended. And at that moment, Rebecca was just some few inches away from the entrance.
“You were telling me about Rebecca,” Richard said wanting Achuba to complete his story. The moment Rebecca heard, she stopped her steps and waited to hear what they would say about her.

“Oh yes, from the way I see it, the senator is madly in love with her. And I thin he can do anything to get her back,” Achuba explained.

“He did come here yesterday, he offered to give me fifty million Naira if I let her go,” Richard confessed.
“Oh my God, did you accept it?” Achuba asked.

“No I didn’t,” Richard replied.

“To be honest, if I were you, I would accept the money. Fifty million Naira is enough to change your life forever,” Achuba said.

“So, are you telling me that you choose fifty million Naira ?” Richard asked.

.”Obviously. I mean, I’m not sure if I will be with Tina forever. We may even get divorced after some years of marriage and that will be the end of our love story. But if I start a business with fifty million Naira, I may lay a fundation that even my grandchildren with benefit from it,” Achuba explained.

“If you still have the ability to think like this, then it means you really aren’t in love with Tina. Because when you love someone unconditionally, they will become your world to the extent that you can’t see yourself without them. Fifty million Naira is such a great amount, but I’ll be miserable without Rebecca in my life and I will continue to live thinking about how my life could have been with her. If I’m the richest man on the planet, I could give up all I have for Rebecca. When you are in love, you will feel a pleasure that nothing in this world can bring you,” Richard stated.
Achuba became silent and watched Richard with smile on his face.
.”You are really in love with this girl,” he finally said.

“What did the senator say after you rejected his offer?”

“He threatened to kill me,” Richard replied.

“What? I think you should take him seriously, because if you see how crazy he acted today, you won’t doubt it,” Achuba said.

“I know, he tried to kill me, remember?”

“And yet you still declined his offer. You know the law don’t work on rich people like him, he can kill you and nothing will happen to him,” Achuba said.

“Let him kill me, but I never let go of Rebecca,” Richard said.

For more stories visit www.dapalace.com
________
To_be_Continued
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
THE
PINK

CLOUDS
#Episode_29

When Rebecca heard that, she ran into the room and unexpectedly kissed Richard.

“Why didn’t you tell me that he threatened to kill me?” Rebecca asked.

“Well, I just don’t want you to be worried,” Richard replied.

“I will make sure I find a way to bring him down,” Rebecca vowed.

“And for you, I will never forget this betrayal,” she said looking at Achuba.
“I am really sorry, is not that I despise you or something, I was just talking about my own point of view,” Achuba explained.

“I’m pretty sure that if Richard was like other guys, you could have convinced him.”

“Then you are lucky that he’s not like other boys,” Achuba smiled.

“Stop trying to act cool,” Rebecca said and walked out.

“How comes we didn’t notice her arrival?” Achuba asked.

“I didn’t know that she’s an expert in sneaking until now,” Richard replied.

“Did you talk to Thomas?” Achuba asked.

“No I didn’t,” Richard replied.

“Don’t tell me that is really over between the two of you,” Achuba said.

“Is pretty obvious that it is,” Richard said.

“You know, I’m absolutely certain that the feelings Thomas has for your sister are real. He has been in worry for the past day and I’ve never seen him like that,” Achuba announced.

“Well, that’s not my problem,” Richard replied.

“Can I ask you something?” Achuba said.

“Yes you can,” replied Richard.

“When you first fall in love with Rebecca, you told me that you weren’t supposed to fall in love with her. But despite all the reasons not to fall for her, you were blinded that you couldn’t see the reality. You even chose to give up school because of your love for her,” Achuba announced. Richard remained quiet for a moment.

“You

are absolutely right,” Richard finally spoke.
“Don’t you think is the same thing for Thomas? I noticed they looked at each other the day they first met and Thomas even had her phone number. But I quickly interfered and reminded Thomas of the consequences of his actions, and because of that, he didn’t call her,” Achuba explained.

At that moment, Emmanuel walked into the room.

“Hey Richard, do you know how to play FIFA on PlayStation?” He asked.

“Actually, I’m not that good. It’s been years since I last played a video game,” Richard replied.

“Do you have the game with you?” Achuba asked.

“Oh yes I do, it is in my room,” Emmanuel replied.
“Bring it here, I would to play it,” Achuba replied.
“Okay, give me a moment,” Emmanuel said and went to his room.
Rebecca was in the dinning room with her books doing some her projects when she saw Emmanuel going out with his game.
“Where are you going with that?” She asked.
“I’m going to Richard’s room,” he answered.
“Okay, has his friend left?” Rebecca asked.

“No he hasn’t,” Emmanuel replied and went out. He arrived at Richard room and placed the game on stand that was close to the wall. He went to other guest room where Susan was lying on a bed and took the TV that was placed on the wall.

“Where are you taking it to?” Susan asked.

“I’m taking it to the other room,” he replied and walked out. Susan curious stood up and went after him. By the time she arrived at Richard’s room, Emmanuel was done setting the game up.

“What are you guys doing?” She asked.

“Do you want to join us?” Achuba asked.
“No thank you,” she responded. She sat beside Richard on the bed and watched as Achuba and Emmanuel played.
As they were sitting, she suddenly received a text message from
Thomas reading “I’m waiting for you.” She looked into Richard’s eyes after reading message.
“Is it Thomas?” Richard asked.

“No it isn’t him,” she replied as she stood.

“You know you are a terrible at pretending, don’t you?” Richard asked.

“You don’t have to believe me,” she said and walked out.
She walked out of the house and found Thomas standing under the tree they met the previous time.
“I thought you are not going to come out,” Thomas said when Susan had finally got to where he was.
“Why are you here?” She asked.
“I’m here to see you,” he replied.
“But I’m sorry we can’t be seeing each other from now on,” Susan replied.

“Is

okay, but I’m really curious,” Thomas announced.
“What are you curious about?” She asked.

“Did you ever love me?” He asked.

Susan walked closer to him and looked into his.

“I do love you, but my brother doesn’t approve it,” she said.

“Does that mean you are going to give up on me?” Thomas asked.

“I’m left with no option,” Susan replied.

“In my entire life, I never knew this type of love exist till I met you. I felt something unique since the first time I set my eyes on you,” Thomas said.

“This is a lie that every boy tells a girl that happens to be his victim, you do know I’m older than you right? I have met quite a lot of boys saying similar things,” Susan responded.
“I swear to God, I have never felt something like this Susan. Is like I haven’t been alive until I met you. You we were in relationship, I felt like I have made the greatest achievement of my life and I didn’t even care if I die the next day.”
She became speechless at that and only looked into his eyes.
“What do you want me to do now?” She finally asked.
“Just give me a chance,” he answered.

“How do I know I can trust you?” Susan inquired.

“Look into my eyes and tell me I’m lying,” Thomas said.

“Okay, then you need to talk to my brother first,” she conditioned.

“Okay, that won’t be a problem,” Thomas replied.

Rebecca going through her projects when she saw her mother’s secretary calling her.

Rebecca: Hello

Secretary: Rebecca, how are you you?

Rebecca: I’m fine, and how is my mum doing?

Secretary: well, I just called to inform you.

When Rebecca heard that, her heart started beating faster and her imagination went wild. She wished the secretary won’t tell what she was thinking.

Rebecca: what happened to my mother.

Secretary: she passed some few minutes after her surgery.

Rebecca: please tell me this isn’t true.

Secretary: I’m truly Rebecca, I know this will be very hard for you to accept.
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
Episode 29 continuation

Rebecca didn’t know when the phone fell of her hand. She suddenly screamed at the top of her that the whole compound echoed her voice. Richard and everyone rushed to living room to see what was wrong. When they got there, they found Rebecca on the floor crying out loud like never before. Richard bent down and held her hand as she was crying.

“What’s wrong Rebecca?” Richard asked.

“My mum is death,” she said crying. Richard couldn’t believe what he just heard. He could process the information that got into his head, and everyone around became devastated.
Emmanuel ran out of the living to his room and locked himself. Unconsciously, tears started falling from Richard’s eyes. He couldn’t utter a word to Rebecca, he just sat there and watched her in disbelieve. Susan instantly came in and saw Richard and Rebecca crying. She became very confused to why they we’re crying like that.

“What happened?” She asked Achuba who was standing behind them.

“Rebecca’s mother died,” Achuba explained.

“Oh my God, that’s terrible,” Susan said.

“Yes it is,” Achuba replied.

Susan went to Rebecca and held her hand trying to calm her while Achuba went to Richard. Soon, people from all over came in trying to calm them. Rebecca felt like all of it was it. She couldn’t believe that she won’t be hear her mother’s voice ever again. She couldn’t believe that believe that she won’t hear or see her laughing ever again. The more she thought of things like that, she Wilder it drove her.

It was midnight, and Rebecca could not stop crying. Even though she saw her mother’s death coming, she couldn’t believe it actually happened. She wished she could wake up for that nightmare. At some point, she got up to go to the bathroom. As she was passing by Emmanuel’s room, she heard him crying in his room. She opened the door and walked into the room. He was sitting by the edge of the bed crying when she walked into. When he looked up and saw her, he ran to her and hugged her. She couldn’t feel his tears wetting her clothes.

“I’m so sorry,” Rebecca cried.

“What are we going to do now?” He asked.

“I don’t really know Emmanuel, but I’m sure God is with us,” Rebecca said.

“If God is with us, why did he take our mother away from us?” He asked.
“Because his place is better than here,” Rebecca replied.
“I wish this was not real,” he said.
“Me too,” Rebecca replied.
He cried on her shoulder for minutes before she told him that she needed to go to the bathroom. After she done she headed out and sat on the park bench opposite Richard’s room. She suddenly burst into tears when she saw Richard approaching her. He came and sat beside her and held her hand.
“I just can’t believe that my mom is really gone,” she cried.
“Me too, I’m still shocked as you,” Richard replied.
“I was a fool for not going with her, I could have been there during her last moments,” she cried.
“You shouldn’t blame yourself, she wouldn’t have allowed it even if you wanted to go with her,” Richard replied.
“She couldn’t have allowed me if I insisted.”
“I think the best for us to do now is to pray for her,” Richard said.

They

remained sitting till Dawn. Soon, Rebecca’s aunt arrived the house. When Rebecca saw her, she quickly ran to her and hugged her. They both cried out as they hugged each other.
“I can’t believe Grace is really gone,” her aunt cried. Emmanuel came out of his room and went to them. Richard stood behind and watched them in sadness. He felt sorry for them because they became orphans like. And I that moment, he vowed to himself to never let go of Rebecca no matter what happens.
In the morning, students and lecturers from the university started coming to say their condolences to Rebecca. Richard gave them some space and stayed in his room. It had been a busy day because people did not stop coming even after 4 pm. Just around 5 please, Alice and Amirah arrived. They stayed with Rebecca in the room for the rest of the day.

About a week later, susan travelled back to her place and Rebecca was expected to move out of the house since it’s a government property. They were to move to a house Rebecca bought that was just about a kilometer away. They woke up early in the morning and started making the preparing to leave. They gathered all their stuff in big bags and boxes. At about 10 pm, they were done packing everything.

“Are you hungry?” Rebecca asked Richard.

“I think so,” Richard smiled.

“Okay, I will eat when we get there,” she responded.

Everything was loaded into a big truck and soon they took off. The truck was behind Rebecca’s car which was leading the way. Emmanuel was sitting on the back sit with their aunt, while Richard was beside Rebecca. In just five minutes, they arrived at their destination. It was 3 bedroom apartment with medium sized living room. It has a short fence around it and was painted yellow. There was a small canopy at the front of the house that was meant for parking a car. Rebecca parked the car and they all got down from the car.

Their luggage was unloaded from the truck and taken into the house. After everything was taken off the truck, Rebecca paid the truck driver and he drove away with his fellows. Soon, they started arranging everything in the house. It took them about 4 hours to finish arranging everything. They were so tired and hungry by the time they were done.
“Could you please go and get us something to eat?” Rebecca asked Richard with a sick face.

“Is
okay, what would you like to eat?” Richard asked.
“You can get me anything,” she replied.

“How about you Emmanuel?”

“I’m okay with rice and stew,” replied Emmanuel.

“Okay, I will be back,” Richard replied and walked out.

After Richard went out, Rebecca’s Aunt asked Richard to go out because she needed to have a word with her.

“You said you needed to talk to me,” Rebecca said.

“Yes, I have been here for almost a week, and I noticed that this young man has been so close to you,” her aunt replied.

“Yes he has been.”

“Can I ask what’s your relationship with him?” She requested.

“He is my boyfriend,” Rebecca answered.

“Boyfriend? Is he working?” She asked.

“No, he is first year student in this University.”

“What? How could you be with someone like that? I’m pretty sure he’s after your money.”

“No, Richard is not like that,” Rebecca responded.

“I don’t think I can tolerate this, you must break up with him,” she declared.

“I don’t think I can break up with him, even my mom has approved our relationship,” Rebecca replied.

“Are you being disrespectful to me because I’m not your mother?” She asked.

“No I’m not being disrespectful,” Rebecca replied.

“In case you have forgotten, your mother is my younger sister and she does everything we ask to do. Since your beginning to show this behavior, I will ask your uncle to look into this,” she expressed.

Rebecca was silent at that moment. Her heart was boiling in rage wondering what she’s going to say.

“I’m old enough to take care of myself and my brother, why can you just let us live our lives the way we please?” Rebecca asked.
“This is truely unbelievable, I can see that you have been brought up with no manners at all. My first child is 20 years older than you, but he’s never said something of that nature to me,” she said.

“I’m really sorry, I will do anything you wish, but breaking up with Richard is something I will never do,” she answered.
“Well, then I will have to inform your uncle,” she said.

30 minutes later, Richard returned with the food he bought from the restaurant nearby. He bought Rebecca and her Aunt some pounded yam, while he bought himself and Emmanuel rice and stew. When arrived, he noticed Emmanuel sitting on rock outside the house.

“Hey, what are you doing there?” Richard asked.

“So you are back,” Emmanuel replied as he stood up.

“Yes I am,” Richard replied trying to go into the house.
“Wait,” Emmanuel called out. Richard stopped walking and looked in his direction.
“There is something I need to tell you before you go in,” he announced.
“What is it?” Richard asked.
“I heard my aunt and Rebecca talking about you,” he announced.
“Really? What were the saying?” Richard asked.
“My aunt said you can’t live with us anymore,” Emmanuel replied.

“Well, I wasn’t planning on living here either,” Richard responded.

“She asked Rebecca to break up with you,” he added.

“Why did she want me to break up with Rebecca?”

“She said is because you are poor and have no better future,” Emmanuel explained.

“What? And what did Rebecca say?” He asked.

“She said she won’t break-up with you and my aunt said she going to get our uncle,” he explained.

Richard became shocked when he heard that. He moved closer to him and asked him to tell him more about relatives.

“My mum has 2 siblings and they are both older that her. My grandparents died even before Rebecca was born. My mom hasn’t been in good relationship with my aunty and uncle, for that reason, why don’t visit them often,” Emmanuel explained.

“Why do your relatives live?” Richard asked.

“They live in Calabar, Cross River State,” he explained.
Richard smiled and placed in right hand on Emmanuel’s shoulder.

“What do you think of me?” Richard asked.

“I think you are very kind,” Emmanuel responded.

“I’m glad you think. Let’s go in, aren’t you tired of standing here?” Richard said.

“They asked me to come outside,” Emmanuel replied.

“Why did they do that?”

“I guess my Aunt didn’t want me to hear their conversation which I already heard anyway.”

“You are such a naughty kid,” Richard smiled.

He walked in together and met them sitting on the sofa in the living room.

“You are back,” Rebecca smiled as she stood up to meet Richard.

“Yes, I’m so I’ve kept you waiting,” Richard answered.

“Is okay,” she replied as she received the poly bag from his hand.

“What did you get me?” She asked.

“I got some pounded yam for you and your aunt,” Richard replied.

“Oh thank you so much, as if you’ve read my mind, it’s been a while since we last ate pounded yam,” Rebecca said excited.

After he handed them the food, went to the bedroom that was right next to the living room and took his bag with all his clothes and went out without Rebecca and her Aunt noticing it.

“Are you going already?” Emmanuel asked asked when he noticed Richard living.

“Yes, I’ll be going back to the hostel,” Richard replied.

“Why are you going to leave us?” Emmanuel asked sadly.

“Our exams are starting next week, I want to go to the dorm and prepare,” Richard explained.

“Does Rebecca know that you are living?”

“Yes she does,” Richard smiled.

Richard started walking, and Emmanuel went after him. He held the other side of the bag as Richard walked.
“You could have at least asked Rebecca for a lift,” Emmanuel said.
“She is very exhausted, I don’t want to bother her,” Richard smiled.
“Are you leaving because of our aunt?”
“No, I’m not leaving because of her, I told you why I’m leaving,” Richard explained.
“And don’t worry, I’ll be coming here from time to time,” Richard continued.
“Okay, I wish you would always be here,” Emmanuel said.
“I will always be here,” Richard replied.
He boarded a taxi to the dorm, and Emmanuel went back home. When Emmanuel got in the living room, he found Rebecca eating the food Richard bought with their aunt.
“Are you aware that Richard has left?” Emmanuel announced.
“Left? Where did he go to?” Rebecca asked.
“He said he’ll be going back to the dorm, I saw him leaving with his stuff,” Emmanuel explained.
When Rebecca heard that, she quickly stood up and ran out.
“Don’t waste your energy, he has taken a taxi already,” Emmanuel said after he had gone after her outside.

“How could he leave like that without saying anything to me?” Rebecca asked.

“I told him about your conversation with our aunt,” Emmanuel revealed.

“What do you mean my conversation?” She asked.

“I heard aunt telling you to break up with him,” Emmanuel revealed.

“What? You must be crazy, how could you be telling him something like that?” Rebecca asked furiously. She went back to the house and tried calling his number, but he was unavailable.

Richard had just arrived at the dormitory. He climbed the stairs dragging his bag along. When he opened the door to their room, all his room members were surprised to see him.

“Richard, why are you here with your stuff? Did something happen between you and Rebecca?” Achuba asked.

“Nothing happened between us, is just that her Aunt is trying to get between us,” Richard explained as he walked.

“Why does she dislike you?” Achuba asked.

“She said is because I’m poor,” Richard replied.

He walked to his closet and put his bag in it and then proceeded to sit on his bed. When he looked up, he made an eye contact with Thomas, and he quickly looked away.
“I thought you said Prof. Grace promised to give you 20 million Naira,” Achuba recalled.

“Yes she did promise to give me 20 million Naira, but she is no longer here,” Richard sadly replied.

“This must be really terrible for you,” Achuba said.

“Indeed it is, I don’t know what to do with my life anymore,” Richard said.

“What do you mean by that?” Achuba questioned.
Richard remained quiet for a while before he finally spoke.
“After thinking about it, I don’t blame her Aunt. I mean look at me, I’m approaching 30 and I haven’t done anything reasonable with myself life. How am I expected to take care of Rebecca, my sister and my nieces? I just feel like I was born unlucky,” Richard complained.

“Calm down bro, I thought you are only 24,” Achuba replied.

“24 is not a small number when it comes to age,” Richard replied.

“Please calm down Richard, if you mad about not getting that money, why don’t you ask Rebecca to loan you some money to start your with it?” Achuba asked.

“I don’t think I can do that, she will think I’m after her money,” Richard responded.

“Stop over thinking Richard,” Achuba adviced.

After a while, Achuba left the room leaving behind only Richard and Thomas. The room remained silent for more than 10 minutes until Thomas broke the silence.

“I’m sorry Richard,” Thomas apologized as he got down from his bed.

“Are you talking to me?” Richard asked as he looked up.

“Yes, who else could I be talking to?” Thomas asked.

“I don’t know,” Richard replied.

“I’m really sorry for dating your sister,” Thomas apologized.

“That’s your problem,” Richard replied.
Thomas stood up and went closer Richard.

“I swear to God, my feelings for your Susan are real. I’ve never met a girl made me feel like that in my entire life. I’ve tried my best not to fall for her, but at end, I fell irresistibly in love with her. Please give us a chance Richard, and I swear I won’t talk any other girl ever again,” Thomas begged. Richard became surprised at his words and somehow became weakened.
“Okay, but don’t ever talk about other girls in my presence,” Richard agree.

“Oh thank you so much,” Thomas replied as forcefully hugged Richard.

“Get off me please,” Richard said.

Just then, Achuba came back holding a poly bag.

“Someone is looking for you outside, the person is at the entrance of the dormitory,” Achuba announced to Richard.

“Who could that person be?” Richard asked.

“You can go there and see for yourself,” Achuba replied. Richard got down from his bed and headed out. When he got of the dormitory, he saw Rebecca leaned against her car with her arms folded. Richard walked slowly towards her coming up with words to tell.

“You must be very disappointed to see me,” Rebecca said when Richard got to where she was.

“How can you say?” Richard asked.

“How could you leave just like without saying a word to me?” Richard asked.

“I’m sorry, I just came back here to prepare for my exams,” Richard replied.

“Go and get your stuff, we are going back,” Rebecca replied.
“I can’t go back, I told you I have things to do,” Richard replied.
“Unless you don’t want your future wife to be rapped, go and get your stuff ready,” Rebecca said.

“Rapped?” Richard retorted.

“Yes, rapped. My aunt has travelled back, only I Emmanuel will be willing be left at home,” she replied.

“Okay, give me a minute,” Richard replied.

He went back to their room and grabbed his back.

“Hey, are living so soon?” Achuba asked.

“You didn’t tell us where your new home is,” Thomas smiled.

“I’m not telling anyone,” Richard responded. He walked out of the room and went to Rebecca. He got into the car and soon she started driving.

“I know you heard about what my aunt said about you,” she said as they drove.

“Yes, but is not your fault,” Richard replied.

“That woman is really crazy, I don’t know she is so interested in my person life,” Rebecca said angrily.

“Do you know what?” Richard asked.

“No I don’t,” Rebecca replied.
“I think she is right in some ways. I mean see how useless I am, how am I supposed to take care of you and your brother?” Richard asked.

“What?” Rebecca asked after she stopped driving. She parked the car out of road and glared at Richard.

“Yes Rebecca, it makes feel so pathetic each time I see how perfect you are. I don’t have anything nor a brighter future.”

“Richard, I love you just the way you are, it wouldn’t matter to me if you are poorer or richer than you are right. You have a very beautiful personality and not everybody can see,” Rebecca smiled.

“Do you think so?” Richard asked.

“I think so,” she replied.
She continued driving the car, and soon, they arrived at their house.

“Your friend told me that you need money to start a business, but you don’t want to ask me because I thought I will think you are after my money,” Rebecca said.

“Yes, but why would Achuba told you that?” Richard asked.
“Well, he did the right thing,” Rebecca smiled.

“I just don’t want to be a burden to you,” Richard replied.

“Never will I think of you as a burden,” she replied.

“How much do you need?” She asked Richard.
“I can’t accept your money Rebecca, this is exactly what your aunt is against,” Richard said.
Richard tried to get out of the car but Rebecca grabbed his hand.

“Okay, think of it as a loan. You will pay me later,” Rebecca smiled.

“What if the business fail?” Richard Asked.

“I have confidence in you, it won’t fail,” she replied.

“Thank you for trusting me,” Richard also smiled.

“Do you know what?” Rebecca asked.

“My aunt said she is coming back with my uncle, they won’t allow me to live alone,” she announced.

“Don’t you like your relatives?” Richard asked.

“No, I hate them,” she replied.

“So, what will you do?” Richard asked.

“You should marry me,” she announced.
Richard became so surprised when she said that.

“Do you mean we should fake the marriage?” Richard asked.

“No, I mean like a serious marriage that normal lovers do. I would like you to remain by side forever,” Rebecca said.
“Marrying you would be the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, but I don’t have anything to offer you,” Richard complained.

“Don’t worry about what you have to offer me,” she replied.

“I want to marry you like a real man, so you should please give me a year,” Richard requested.

CLICK ON THE THE LINK BELOW TO READ FINAL EPISODE
https://dapalace.com/the-pink-clouds-finale/

Story_Continues
Re: The Pink Clouds by Dapalace: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
PREVIOUS

. THE PINK CLOUDS

About a 3 months later, Richard had started his business of poultry and fish farming. Things haven’t been easy for him from the beginning, because he hasn’t sold any of his product yet. He was able to raise five thousand chickens and countless number of fish. Today was a big day, because he was going to sell his fish for the time, and it was also Rebecca’s birthday. He woke up early in the morning around 6 am and took a bath before any of his roommates could wake up. He got dressed in a blue Shirt and a black trouser and left the room.

He boarded a taxi that will take him to his poultry farm. The poultry was about five kilometers away from his university, and about 3 kilometers away from where Rebecca is staying. Her Aunt sent one of elderly cousins to live with her and Richard decided to move back to the hostel. Rebecca tried her best to him convince to stay, but Richard thought she needed her family. Since then, Rebecca has been very mad at Richard. She hasn’t been picking his calls for the past week, but he decided he will visit her after his sell.

He arrived at the poultry after few minutes of driving, and he was welcomed by one of the men he employed.
“Good morning sir,” the man greeted as Richard approached the entrance.

“Good morning, how was your night?” Richard asked.

“It was not bad,” the man replied.

“How is your family?” Richard asked.

“They are all okay,” the man grinned.

“That’s good then,” Richard smiled.

“I

have good news for you sir,” the man announced.
“Really? What is it?” Richard asked curiously.

“Your Chickens have started laying eggs,” the man announced.

“Really?” Richard asked excitedly.

“Yes, you can go in and see them,” the man said.

Richard walked around excited and looked at his farm. He couldn’t believe he made it that far. He looked a around the farm with a smile on his, and he has never been proud of himself like he was at that moment. He was so desperate to finish was he was doing so that he could tell Rebecca about his achievement.
At about 10 am, the buyers of his arrived farm. Because of the uniqueness of his fish, he was able to make about one million Naira from his first sell.

After paying his workers, he decided go to a nearby jewelry shop nearby to buy something for Rebecca because it was her birthday. While he was going around the jewelry store shop, he noticed a very beautiful ring and a necklace and decided to buy the two for her. He took a taxi back the hostel where he found only Achuba in the room.

“Hey, when did you go out?” Achuba asked.

“I left as early as 6, you were all sleeping at that time,” Richard replied.

“So how did it go?” Achuba questioned.

“It was a huge success, And my chickens have finally starting laying eggs” Richard announced excitedly.

“You see, I told you to be patient, I was absolutely sure you would make it,” Achuba grinned.

Just then, Richard received a call from Emmanuel.

Richard: Hello

Emmanuel: Good morning

Richard: Good morning, I thought you are supposed to be at school by this time.

Emmanuel: we are on holidays

Richard: are you sure you are holidays?

Emmanuel: I’m absolutely sure, you can ask Rebecca if you don’t believe me.

Richard: okay, I believe you.

Emmanuel: I just want to tell you that to is Rebecca’s birthday.

Richard: I’m already aware, I even got her a present.

Emmanuel: that’s cool, when are you coming?

Richard: soon

After the call, Richard call Rebecca again several times, but she didn’t pick his calls. He decided to send her a message about his success, but still got no reply. At some, he headed out of the room.

“Where are you going?” Achuba asked.

“I’m going to meet Rebecca,” he replied as he walked. He walked for some minutes before arriving at Rebecca’s faculty. He walked to bulletin and looked for where Rebecca was having her lecture. After noticing where her lecture will take place, he asked one of the students around for where he can find the venue. He was instructed to go to the fifth floor and he made his way there.

When

he got there, he noticed that the venue was a laboratory filled with students wearing white coats. Suddenly, he saw Rebecca standing next to her friends. When her friends noticed him standing outside, they showed him to her but she quickly looked away acting like she didn’t care. Richard walked to the entrance of the lab and called her name.
Rebecca turned and glared at him angrily.

“What do you want?” She inquired.

“Can I have a word with you?” Richard asked.

“What do you want with me?” She asked after getting to his position.

“Did you see the message I sent you?” Richard asked.

“Yes I did,” Rebecca replied.

“Then why didn’t you say something?” Richard asked.

“I thought you don’t want me anymore,” she replied.

“How could you say something like that?” Richard asked.

“You shouldn’t have left,” she said and turned to go back.

“Rebecca!” Richard called out and when she turned, she saw him kneeling before her.

“What are you doing?” She asked perplexingly.

“Will you marry me?” He proposed as he took out the ring he bought. Rebecca watched him with amazement, and everyone’s attention was on them. And some people even started taking pictures of them. Rebecca ran to him and held his hand.

“Yes, I will marry you,” she smiled.

“I will meet you after you are done with your lecture,” Richard said after he had gotten up.

“Okay,”Rebecca replied.

After the proposal, Richard walked out of Rebecca’s building. He suddenly received a call from Susan telling him that she had arrived. He asked her to move there with niece and nephew so that he could take of them. He boarded a taxi to the bus station and found Susan holding a baby in a blanket while sitting on a bench, and his niece was sitting beside her.

“Hey Richard,” Susan said when Richard got to them.

“How was your journey?” Richard asked.

“It was exhausting,” she smiled.

“And who are these young ladies?” He said looking at his nieces.

“Good afternoon uncle Richard,” the older one greeted him. She was 12 years old, and she was as tall as Emmanuel.
“Good afternoon Kate, I’m surprised you still remember me,” Richard said as he held her hand.

“Of course I remember you, I was 6 years old when you left,” she replied.

“You are still the smart little girl I used to know,” Richard complimented.

“Thanks you,” she giggled.

“How is the baby doing?” Richard asked looking at his nephew who was a few months old.

“He’s fine, tho he cried a bit during our journey,” Susan replied.

“So, what did you name him?” Richard asked.

“He’s called Peter,” his niece quickly said.

“What a lovely name,” Richard praised.
He took them to a small house he rented for them that was close to where Rebecca stays.

“Wow! This place looks amazing,” Susan commented after they had entered the house. It was a two bedroom flat with a living room and small kitchen.

“Yes it is,” Richard smiled.

“You know big sis would have been very proud of you if she was alive,” Susan mentioned.

“Yes I know,” Richard replied.

“Where is Rebecca?” She asked.

“She is in the school,” Richard replied.

“By the way, we will be getting married next week,” Richard announced.

“Oh my God, really?” Susan asked amazingly.

“Yes,” Richard replied.

“I’m really happy for you,” she praised.

“Thank you,” Richard replied.

After her lecture, Rebecca quickly headed out. Her mates were calling her but she was carried away by excitement. By the time she got out of her faculty, her phone started ringing. She picked the call as she entered her car.

Rebecca: You are not going what just happened.

Amirah: You want to kill me with one of those boring stories of yours .

Rebecca: i am getting married

Amirah: are you serious?

Rebecca: yes I am, Richard has just proposed to me 2 hours ago.

Amirah: oh I’m really happy for you.

Rebecca: Thank you.

Amirah: but when is the wedding going to take place?

Rebecca: I’m not sure, but it should be next week.

Amirah: wow! That’s so soon.

Rebecca: I know, but I have been waiting for this moment for quite a long time.

Amirah: I wish you all the Best sis

Rebecca: Thank you.

Amirah: I will call Alice and inform her.

Rebecca: it will help if you do that.

Rebecca started the engine of her car and drove home. When she arrived home, she met her cousin and Emmanuel watching TV in the living room.
“Are you back?” Her cousin asked.

“Yes I am,” Rebecca replied as she sit on the sofa opposite to her and next Emmanuel.

“Let me go and get you something to eat,” her cousin said as she stood up.

“Wait, I have something to tell you,” Rebecca announced.

“I am getting married,” Rebecca announced.

“Really? Did you tell your aunt about it?” She asked.

“No

I haven’t,” Rebecca replied.
“You should at least tell her,” her cousin suggested.

“I know she will try to stop me, that’s why I won’t bother telling her,” Rebecca replied.

“You know we are also your family, she is just worried about you,” her cousin said.

“But I do love Richard with all my heart, besides, I have never seen my mom trusting anyone like she trusted him,” Rebecca explained.

“I don’t think there is anything wrong with Richard,” Emmanuel interfered.

“Really? He must be a really nice man since he was able to win over all of you,” she smiled.

Some minutes later, Richard knocked at the door of the living room and came in.

“Richard” Emmanuel called out.

“Emmanuel!” Richard retorted.

“Good afternoon,” Emmanuel greeted.

“Good afternoon how are you?”

“I’m fine, I heard that you will marry Rebecca.”

“As a matter of fact, I will,” Richard smiled, and by that time, he had reached one of the sofas and sat down.

“I can’t believe Rebecca will be getting married,” Peter laughed.

“Get out here,” Rebecca shouted and Emmanuel laughed and ran out.

“Let me go and get you something to eat then,” Rebecca’s cousin and left the living room.

“Did Susan arrive safely with the kids?” Rebecca asked.

“Yes they are all healthy,” Richard replied.

“That’s nice, I was asked when is going to take place, and I replied by saying next week,” Rebecca informed.
“Oh really? Then we need to start preparing from today,” Richard replied.

“You are absolutely right,” Rebecca laughed.
“I can’t wait to see you wearing your wedding gown,” Richard said.

.”No worry, you will see me soon,” she laughed.

The next day around 10 am, Alice and Amirah arrived. They were going to help Rebecca with her weeding shopping. Rebecca brought them home with her car. They found Richard and Emmanuel in the living room playing video games when they arrived.

“Hey Richard!” Amirah said as they walked.

“You are welcome,” Richard replied as he stood up.

“Thank you,” she replied.

“I can’t believe you guys have made it this far, it was just like yesterday when you first met,” Alice commented.
“I can’t believe it, time is flying faster nowadays,” Richard replied.

“Let’s keep our luggage first,” Alice said.

“Okay,” Richard smiled.

They left for the shopping around 10:30 am. They spent almost the whole entire day shopping. They returned almost 10 pm and they were all exhausted. They came along with a van which contained everything they both. By that time, Emmanuel and Rebecca’s cousin have already slept. Richard was the only person awake. The van driver and his assistant unloaded everything from the van into the living room. They left as soon as they finished unloading.

“You guys must be really exhausted,” Richard commented.

“Yes Richard, we are indeed very tired,” Alice Rebecca.

“I’m forever grateful for your kindness,” Richard grinned.

“Oh please, don’t mention it,” she grinned.

Alice and Amirah left to the bedroom, while Rebecca remained behind. She went and sat next to Richard and placed her head on his shoulder.

“I still can’t believe we are getting married,” she said.
“Me too, I still feel like this isn’t reality,” Richard replied as he touched her hair.

“Well,

we have journeyed a long way before coming here,” she said.
“Yes, we have,” Richard replied.

“You are tired, you need to go and sleep,” Richard suggested.

“You are right,” she replied and stood up.

“Goodnight dear,” she said as she walked to her room.

“Goodnight,” Richard smiled.

. .
It was Wednesday noon, the day Rebecca and Richard set aside for their wedding. The weeding was to take place in the university central chapel because there was a public holiday. Rebecca was feeling so excited,yet scared. She got dressed in her white weeding gown and walked out of the room. Suddenly, tears started falling from her eyes.

“Oh please don’t cry, you are going to ruin your makeup,” Amirah said as she clean the tears with her handkerchief.
“I wish my mom was her to see how beautiful I look in my weeding dress,” Rebecca said.

“We wish so too,” Alice commented.

“Is almost time, let head to the chapel,” Alice commented.
When they got out of the out of the house, Rebecca saw one of her Achuba standing next her car. The car was decorated with many balloons.

“Congratulations!” Achuba said when they got to the car.

“Thanks,” she smiled and the three of them entered the car. Achuba entered the car and started driving slowly. When the car entered the university, Rebecca was surprised at how the students were cheering and waving at her. She felt so special at that time.

They arrived at the chapel by exactly 12 pm and again Rebecca was surprised by how crowded the place was. She never such huge number of people. After the car came to a stop at the parking lot, Rebecca and her bridesmaids got down from the car. Alice helped her in holding the end of her gown as she walked towards the chapel. She suddenly saw one of her Professor, who was also her mother’s Friend standing by the door of the chapel.

“Good afternoon sir,” Rebecca greeted.

“Good afternoon, let me walk you down the aisle,” he offered.

“Thank you sir,” Rebecca smiled.

When they walked into the chapel, her heart started to beat faster. The place was filled with people like never seen before. Rebecca looked at the ground as they walked preventing herself from making eye contact. When she looked up, she saw Richard standing in a black coat suit. The instance their eyes met, all her fears disappeared. She had never seen wearing an outfit that perfect suits him like that one. After walking a few steps, they finally made it to the front of the chapel. Rebecca stood next to Richard while the Professor went back to the audience.
“You look handsome in official suits, you should wear it every day from now on,” Rebecca whispered to Richard.

“You look the most beautiful in this weeding gown, you will wear it occasionally even after we have gotten married,” Richard whispered back. After the prayers were being said, the priest asked the audience to sit down. And soon, Rebecca and Richard said their weeding vows and were announced as husband and wife. Richard proceeded to kiss her, and the crowd of the students cheered and clap for them.

The end…

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Dybala11(m): 12:22am On Jan 08, 2022
Thanks a lot for this wonderful literary work OP, hoping to read more piece from you.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Clouds by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2022
It was then I used to write really long piece. Don't know what's happening to me.

Love your story, btw kiss I wish it didn't end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Is Beautiful (poem) / How My Husband Became A Vegetable / “The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 483
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.