Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:25 PM

Someone Will Charge You To Give You This Information That I Give Free - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Someone Will Charge You To Give You This Information That I Give Free (190 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Video: Young Igbo Man Builds Power Plant To Give Free Electricity To Nigerians / So No Genuine Online Business. All I Encounter Is Scam.i Give Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Someone Will Charge You To Give You This Information That I Give Free by GeorgesDiary(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2021
Someone will charge you to give you this information that I want to dish out for free.

If you are aspiring to build a brand around your name especially as a public figure, secure your domain name now! In fact, don't stop at securing your domain name, get a personal website.

I have been doing some quick checks on some popular figures and I noticed something about Mercy Chinwo. Mercy Chinwo is a popular Nigerian gospel artist whose gifting has opened doors for. She is a global figure when it comes to gospel music.

However, I noticed that mercychinwo(dot)com is up for sale at almost $690. She don't own the domain name and to secure it means she must cough out a larger amount of money to get access to it.

Here is what happens, someone notices an upcoming brand and quickly rushes to register the domain name hoping that somehow in the future, the person behind the brand will come begging for it. I remember getting a call some weeks ago from someone who wanted to purchase one of my Facebook pages simply because the handle could represent their brad better; I refused anyway.

Here is what you should do quickly:

- Register your business domain
- Register your personal domain
- Secure the official handles you'd like to use on social media

These things matter so much, it matters even for SEO. How would you feel when people search for you on Google and they are seeing someone else? Or when they try accessing a website hoping it should be you, the see stuff like "this domain is for sale".

You may have successfully built a brand but also work on your personal brand! Guard your name jealously. Until you secure your name on the digital space, it's not your name.

#GracefulGeorge

(1) (Reply)

100+ Business Ideas To Earn Multiple Streams Of Income / Senior Business Development Manager / I Will Develop Courier Shipping Cargo Website With Tracking System For You♦️♦️♦️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.