Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

2008 Honda Accord Missing Fire - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2008 Honda Accord Missing Fire (667 Views)

2008 Honda Accord For Sale Registered / Missing Toyota Corolla LX530EKY chassis number: 2T1BR32E43C720548 / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2008 Honda Accord Missing Fire by Jpmanovaar1987: 1:47am On Oct 27, 2021
My engine developed a knocking sound and i had to take it to a mechanic. He had to dismantle the whole engine, after which he found out that it was the camshaft. I had to use the opportunity to replace the rings. A after coupling and mounting of the engine, the car only steams for like 2-3min and off on its own. He asked me to buy coil and new nuzzles, off which I did. But the problem persisted.
Had to tow the vehicle to another auto shop. The mechanic there said the number 3 plug does not pass current,hencing the car is missing fire. The steaming is now stable but once you engage the gear, the car offs. He has been on it for like 5weeks now, and I doubt if he knows what to do. Please I need help
Re: 2008 Honda Accord Missing Fire by Omeiza100: 7:17am On Oct 27, 2021
Did you scan this car before allowing mechanic to dismantle the engine ?
Truth be told
Most mechanics just do trial n error and In a bid to solve a problem
They add to it
Re: 2008 Honda Accord Missing Fire by gly2ken: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2021
A lot of things can cause a car engine to misfire. The injector's oversupplying of fuel to the engine can cause misfiring. Secondly, if the injector coils are not receiving current it can also cause misfiring. Thirdly, this is the most unlikely cause, a faulty brain box (ECU) can just be the cause of the misfire. Warning: Do not ever allow any Machinic to work on the sensitive areas of your car without scanning.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

5 Tricks To Restore The Interior Of A Fairly Used Car / Is 2008 Lexus GS 350 Toks A Good Car To Purchase / You Didn't See This Coming #ASUU Vs Fg Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.