Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: (839 Views)

2023 Presidency: 7 Reasons You Should Respect Peter Obi / Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn / List Of Nigerians That Want To Be President In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2021
1. He is old and frail . . . we can't and shouldn't go from one " Sick-London-President" to another "Sick-London-President". He is 76 thereabout, imagine Tinubu as president @ 84 (2031) . . . actually his age is shady.

2. He is old with old ideas, we need new ideas.

3. He has a few corruption/criminal charges against him, we don't want people with such baggage.

4. He's suspect in the hoodlums Endsars attack issue, if not, why were the thugs sent to disrupt peaceful protests not sought after, even after their faces are all over the internet. Why would they attack Igbosere court to destroy all the court cases along with the ones filed against Tinubu?

5. Still on Endsars, @ Lekki tollgate shooting, he is suspect, the man even blamed the victims (protesters) shot at Lekki tollgate for being there. There is a video of him practically doing that: asking what were they (peaceful protesters) doing there?

6. There are younger more vibrant with less baggage individuals in Nigeria than BAT who is just more of the same ol' . . .

7. If equity and unity are virtues we seek and do not want the strife and restlessness in the country to continue beyond Buhari, then, someone from the Southeast deserves to be president -- it should be their turn.

8. No certs. No records.

9. Drug dealing records.

10. Godfatherism/Gangsterism

11. His vice is Boko Haram related.

12. Muslim-muslim insensitivity.

I come in peace. ✌️

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Ekpeitit(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2021
Tell your father to go and contest, mumu.
Yeye Biafran.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by AkalaJ: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2021
Op, after all your anti-Tinubu rant, you still didn't tell us who you would prefer as your president. Last time I checked, Tinubu has not stopped anyone from contesting, heck he hasn't even declared his interest, yet you people are developing epilepsy on top his matter. Na wah! In a democracy anyone is free to contest. Stop this obsession with Tinubu and rather promote your own preferred candidate.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by klonboi: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
cheesy
All I could see is MKO the second.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Tell your father to go and contest, mumu.
Yeye Biafran.

Werey, if my father were alive, he will still be too old to contest (the man has done his stint for Nigeria and left) everybody that doesn't share your perspective is a Biafran, is this how you lot and Tinubu would run the country?

I'm probably closer to Tinubu than you, but it's practically impossible for you guys to reason beyond sentiments and compulsive emotions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Sonyboom765: 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Akanbiedu(m): 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
AkalaJ:
Op, after all your anti-Tinubu rant, you still didn't tell us who you would prefer as your president. Last time I checked, Tinubu has not stopped anyone from contesting, heck he hasn't even declared his interest, yet you people are developing epilepsy on top his matter. Na wah! In a democracy anyone is free to contest. Stop this obsession with Tinubu and rather promote your own preferred candidate.

At the rate some of them are going, we will have two candidates to choose from;

(i) Tinubu
(ii) Anti-Tinubu

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
AkalaJ:

I'll rather prefer Fashọla than anyone else in the country -- if Nigeria were a fortune 500 company, he'd probably be their number 1 candidate. I've written about this many times on Nairaland (probably, you're new here).

That said, for what it is, it should be the turn for someone from the southeast region of this country -- are we saying no one from the millions of educated folks from the southeast is fit to be president?

If you want another President from the Southwest, then the Northerners are right to insist on another 8 years.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by AkalaJ: 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
989900:

I'll rather prefer Fashọla than anyone else in the country -- if Nigeria were a fortune 500 company, he'd probably be their number 1 candidate. I've written about this many times on Nairaland (probably, you're new here).

That said, for what it is, it should be the turn for someone from the southeast region of this country -- are we saying no one from the millions of educated folks from the southeast is fit to be president?

If you want another President from the Southwest, then the Northerners are right to insist on another 8 years.

You are free to prefer anyone you so wish, nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you should have dedicated your thread to promoting Fashola or whoever else you prefer, and why you feel they'll make good presidents. This habit of devoting increasing number of threads to Tinubu's supposed ambition is making his emergence seem inevitable.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by oyatz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
989900:

But Tinubu is not stopping Fashola or someone from the S/East from contesting sir.

So start projecting Fashola or that 'someone from the SouthEast' and let Tinubu exercise his Constitutional and God given right to aspire to the highest post in his country

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Vyzz: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
The man isn't fit...

Period...

Osibanjo we move
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by SensetionalGoal(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Tinubu know within himself that he doesn't suppose to run....

People just want to collect his money and push him into Oblivion... undecided

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Is04970: 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
Useless post from a useless inebriated flat headed fool from the cursed erosion ridden redmudland.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by rottennaija(m): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
989900:
1. He is old and frail . . . we can't and shouldn't go from one " Sick-London-President" to another "Sick-London-President". He is 71 thereabout, imagine Tinubu as president @ 81 (2031).

2. He is old with old ideas, we need new ideas.

3. He has a few corruption/criminal charges against him, we don't want people with such baggage.

4. He's suspect in the hoodlums Endsars attack issue, if not, why were the thugs sent to disrupt peaceful protests not sought after, even after their faces are all over the internet. Why would they attack Igbosere court to destroy all the court cases along with the ones filed against Tinubu?

5. Still on Endsars, @ Lekki tollgate shooting, he is suspect, the man even blamed the victims (protesters) shot at Lekki tollgate for being there. There is a video of him practically doing that: asking what were they (peaceful protesters) doing there?

6. There are younger more vibrant with less baggage individuals in Nigeria than BAT who is just more of the same ol' . . .

7. If equity and unity are virtues we seek and do not want the strife and restlessness in the country to continue beyond Buhari, then, someone from the Southeast deserves to be president -- it should be their turn.

I come in peace. ✌️

Number 7 is a non starter. Because the South East has not shown any political dexterity when it comes to national issues. They still have a lot to learn and likely improve on, that is if they want to, or they can just continue to burn their states down. We will accept them as IDPs in the south south.

Number 6, 2, 1 are good and observable points. But it would seem the world in recent years are voting in old men to lead their countries. Maybe experience of age, maybe the political base or whatever, because let us face it, a political party, any political party will choose a candidate with the best chance to victory.

Number 3 is actually not catching the bite is should or would catch in the past. First of all, all Nigerians are corrupt, even you. There is no Nigerian that would be the first to cast the stone if he is given the opportunity. Second, the FG under Obj tried bringing him down on corruption charges but lost. Irrespective of what you think or feel, the fact remains, he has not been convicted of anything, yet and may never be.

Number 4, 5 are what I would say, probably you like a one sided story and are deliberately so invested in telling the distorted version of it. MNK broadcasted that Lagos should be burned down, he gave others, did you forget these? who was he giving orders too? The peaceful protesters or the tout? I guess you will belief whatever you want to believe, as long as it suits your interest.

My Take?
Anybody is free to context, the constitution guarantees it. If you feel up for it, throw your hat into the ring. The idea of trying to prevent a contestant from contesting only shows the weakness and fears you have. It was seen when PDP tried to avoid PMB from contesting, it was evident it was a losing strategy. The handwriting was there.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
rottennaija:

[s]Number 7 is a non starter. Because the South East has not shown any political dexterity when it comes to national issues. They still have a lot to learn and likely improve on, that is if they want to, or they can just continue to burn their states down. We will accept them as IDPs in the south south.[/s]

[s]Number 6, 2, 1 are good and observable points. But it would seem the world in recent years are voting in old men to lead their countries. Maybe experience of age, maybe the political base or whatever, because let us face it, a political party, any political party will choose a candidate with the best chance to victory.[/s]

[s]Number 3 is actually not catching the bite is should or would catch in the past. First of all, all Nigerians are corrupt, even you. There is no Nigerian that would be the first to cast the stone if he is given the opportunity. Second, the FG under Obj tried bringing him down on corruption charges but lost. Irrespective of what you think or feel, the fact remains, he has not been convicted of anything, yet and may never be.

Number 4, 5 are what I would say, probably you like a one sided story and are deliberately so invested in telling the distorted version of it. MNK broadcasted that Lagos should be burned down, he gave others, did you forget these? who was he giving orders too? The peaceful protesters or the tout? I guess you will belief whatever you want to believe, as long as it suits your interest.[/s]

My Take?
Anybody is free to context, the constitution guarantees it. If you feel up for it, throw your hat into the ring. [s]The idea of trying to prevent a contestant from contesting only shows the weakness and fears you have[/s]. It was seen when PDP tried to avoid PMB from contesting, it was evident it was a losing strategy. The handwriting was there.

Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
Is04970:
[s]Useless post from a useless inebriated flat headed fool from the cursed erosion ridden redmudland[/s].
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Reality3080: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
989900:

Werey, if my father were alive, he will still be too old to contest (the man has done his stint for Nigeria and left) everybody that doesn't share your perspective is a Biafran, is this how you lot and Tinubu would run the country?

I'm probably closer to Tinubu than you, but it's practically impossible for you guys to reason beyond sentiments and compulsive emotions.

go n wake him up to come n contest now,useless cannibal
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Reality3080:
[s]go n wake him up to come n contest now,useless cannibal[/s]

Another primary-school-dropout-wannabe-online-gangster. cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by Reality3080: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
Re: 7 Reasons Why Tinubu Should Not Be President: by 989900: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
Enough is enough!

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Lists Diezani’s Bras, Buildings, Jewellery For Sale / Kill Subsidy, Cut CBN Loans, Raise ‘Sin’ Taxes… World Bank Tells Buhari / Exposed:udele/oyigboupdate Employed To Point Ipob Members Arriving From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.