Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer (24135 Views)

Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin / Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US / 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by naptu2: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
naptu2:
The simple truth of the matter is that lots of herdsmen have been arrested and prosecuted and even convicted for trespassing on farms and so on and so forth, but there are people who do not like that fact to be reported.

Dear diary, you might remember that I told you that I was discussing with a Nairalander some years ago and she declared that "No Fulani herdsman has been arrested for trespassing on a farm" and I immediately produced 5 articles about the convictions of various Fulani herdsmen for trespassing on farms and threatening farmers. At least she was good enough to accept the evidence, some people will immediately declare that "It's a lie", even though they have no facts with which to dispute the reports. They just don't want to hear it because it does not fit into their agenda.

naptu2:
One more thing here. These links back up what I have often written on this thread, that is (1) If a person commits a crime, the person should be arrested and prosecuted. You cannot hold an entire ethnic group or occupation responsible for the offences of some people. (2) Much of the powers that are required for tackling this problem lie with the state governments. State governors have shown that they have control of the police (when it's time to victimise their opponents) and most of these acts are offences against state laws.

2019: Grazing law: 81 herdsmen convicted, 3,000 cows arrested in Benue — Ortom

2016: Herdsman gets 2 years sentence for grazing

2017: 15 Years Old Fulani Herdsman Sentenced To Death By Kogi State High Court

2020: Court sentences herdsman to death for murder

etc.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by twilliamx(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hin yora omo ekiti.....una Well done
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Incognito403: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
od501:

An investigative journalist should follow this case up. We don't trust this people.
You don't trust Punch?
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by passthem(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
obyrich:
That's way to go.
This should always be the way to go and be encouraged in all states as no one is above the LAW.

BUBU must also be sentenced.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Amodi470(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
I'm pleasing with the state government to please release him, he has family and elderly mother to take care of. cry embarassed
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by justmondris: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good one but their commander in chief Buhari will soon call for him to be freed through the back door.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by ajl: 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Eh! First time in history that I am hearing that a Fulani herdsman is going to jail for committing a crime. What's going? This seem unusual. Is Buhari and his powerful people in high places still alive? Is this an APC 2023 election gimmick? Still can't believe it. I expect his other criminal fulani comrades to storm the prison where the guy is kept in order to forcefully free him from prison, just like they recently did for Wakili in the prison in Oyo.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by techWriter3: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good. that is the thing to betweens .
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by do4luv14(m): 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
I don't understand this Nigeria Judges poo,
which one is life imprisonment on count one, then 10years imprisonment on count 2,

sentence him to death by firing squad, cos he that kill by the gun shall die by the gun

FINITO

1 Like

Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Okwyjesus(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Trustedpronet: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
It should be death by shooting... They'll soon release him In exchange for political appointment.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by ajl: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Na lie! We still don't believe.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by ajl: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
do4luv14:
I don't understand this Nigeria Judges poo,
which one is life imprisonment on count one, then 10years imprisonment on count 2,

sentence him to death by firing squad, cos he that kill by the gun shall die by FINITO

No one died. It was attempted murder because his shots missed the targets.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by ajl: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by naptu2: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
ajl:
@ naptu

I can see that you like "talking" to yourself. Why is it that one can't quote you and respond to you? Or is it because there are no facts to back your claims. Provide the links to those convictions. No matter what, if true, probably 1% of all cases involving these evil fulani ethnic militias. No one has an agenda except an agenda for justice for all. No man should be above the law.

grin grin grin

Why didn't you mention my username properly? Anyway, even a blind person can see the links in that same post. Go back and check the second quote and also check out the identity of the person that made the revelation in the first link.

All these things are as clear as day.

naptu2:
The simple truth of the matter is that lots of herdsmen have been arrested and prosecuted and even convicted for trespassing on farms and so on and so forth, but there are people who do not like that fact to be reported.

Dear diary, you might remember that I told you that I was discussing with a Nairalander some years ago and she declared that "No Fulani herdsman has been arrested for trespassing on a farm" and I immediately produced 5 articles about the convictions of various Fulani herdsmen for trespassing on farms and threatening farmers. At least she was good enough to accept the evidence, some people will immediately declare that "It's a lie", even though they have no facts with which to dispute the reports. They just don't want to hear it because it does not fit into their agenda.

naptu2:
One more thing here. These links back up what I have often written on this thread, that is (1) If a person commits a crime, the person should be arrested and prosecuted. You cannot hold an entire ethnic group or occupation responsible for the offences of some people. (2) Much of the powers that are required for tackling this problem lie with the state governments. State governors have shown that they have control of the police (when it's time to victimise their opponents) and most of these acts are offences against state laws.

2019: Grazing law: 81 herdsmen convicted, 3,000 cows arrested in Benue — Ortom

2016: Herdsman gets 2 years sentence for grazing

2017: 15 Years Old Fulani Herdsman Sentenced To Death By Kogi State High Court

2020: Court sentences herdsman to death for murder

etc.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
naptu2:

Grazing law: 81 herdsmen convicted, 3,000 cows arrested in Benue — Ortom

Glad to hear.

Hopefully, every other state follows through as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Welcum: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
obyrich:
That's way to go.
You, Slawormiir, Duro4chang, Edutan, and others saying it's the way to go, I beg to disagree with you. Life imprisonment on paper that Abuja will soon nullify from the back door is useless. The said Fulani man should be sentenced to death. All over the world, attempted murder is treated like murder because THE INTENTION IS THE SOURCE OF THE ACTION. So, since the person showed the intention to take another's life, his own life should be taken for two main reasons:

1. PREVENTION: Since this person has shown that he can kill someone, if you allow him to be alive, he will kill someone one day even there in the prison.

2. DETERRENCE: To teach other people that they should never try to kill someone.

Any of you who has democratic maturity, kindly quote me under your early comment so that people will know that someone is not satisfied with the sentence and why. That's because THIS CONCERNS THE MOST SENSITIVE ISSUE IN THE NIGERIAN SOCIO-POLITICS OF TODAY. Thanks.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Alfamann: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
Prison break S.02 loading in Ekiti.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Ijaya123: 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Where is the picture of the herdsmen?
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by od501: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
Incognito403:

You don't trust Punch?

Nop. Not that, I don't trust the system. I know of a billionaire that was Sentenced To 7 years Imprisonment, only for him to be spotted in dubai. And we are talking about the first class citizens here, The kinsman to the chief terrorist himself. Nah...I don't believe it, it must be followed up to make sure that the judgement is carried out to the later.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by numericalguy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
Nandi Kanu is next
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by nedekid: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Buhari wount like that. undecided
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
obyrich:
That's way to go.

wow supreme court go free am last last
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by slynat(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
I hope we don't hear of bomb blast near a correctional facility in ekiti in the coming weeks. lipsrsealed

naptu2:

https://punchng.com/ekiti-herdsman-bags-life-imprisonment-for-grazing-on-cassava-farm-shooting-owner/
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by UnabashedIPOB: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
An Ekiti State High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday sentenced a 32-year-old herder, Muhammadu Abubakar, to life imprisonment for attempted murder.

If the report is true, why NOT show us pictorial evidence of the defendant Terrorist Fulani herdsman?
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Nyascobar1414: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
He deserves it...
Soured, water beans awaiting....
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by Benbellamor: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
skinnyzsam:
Hope the judgement last
you can appeal for him
But he has started serving his sentence in ado ekiti correctional yard..

Where is el Rufai that says southern Governors knows that they can't jail Fulani's.... He should come a rescue Abubakar
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by berbs: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
They will go and blow up the prison next after they rest a little from Oyo's own.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by temitope27(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
BuddhaPalm:
Why is this the first we're hearing this type of news?

Kudos to Ekiti State.

Yoruba amaka.
that's nt true, cos the kidnapper of chief olu falae then are nw serving life imprisonment at olokuta prison in akure

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by obama30: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/ekiti-herdsman-bags-life-imprisonment-for-grazing-on-cassava-farm-shooting-owner/

Waiting for Abubaker Malami of terrorist media director to defend him and question, which capacity did the state law jail a herder.
you will definitely hear from them.
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by KoshCAD: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
What nonsense, what happen to sentence to death by jungle justice
Re: Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer by naptu2: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Derive Pleasure In Stealing – Suspect (photo) / Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows Spotted Moving Into Abuja Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.