Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change (3994 Views)

My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help / I Changed My Car Oil And Now I Hear A Knocking Sound / 9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
dru23:

This is what I like to hear wink bought Tokunbo

Sir we are out of Mobil 1 .. Will be shipping some next week......

Can I suggest Super Tech Advance? This is good for 20k miles oil change for 22500k Naira.... Since we don't sell in 1liters . You will need 2 gallons and keep the left over for top up or future use......
nah bro.
Merc cars needs only the best..

I'd wait. I have several daily drivers.

Please put me in on the loop when available.
Gracias

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
OfficialDJ:
nah bro.
Merc cars needs only the best..

I'd wait. I have several daily drivers.

Please put me in on the loop when available.
Gracias

What viscosity do u need for ur Merc. If it is 5w40 I can special order it to my load next week.......
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
dru23:

What viscosity do u need for ur Merc. If it is 5w40 I can special order it to my load next week.......

SAE 5w-40 full synthetic oil.
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
OfficialDJ:
SAE 5w-40 full synthetic oil.

Consider it done.... I will get 2 gallons ready for u
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
dru23:

Consider it done.... I will get 2 gallons ready for u
Aye captain. Way to go!
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
FOJEM:
Just drain some of the engine oil and enjoy your car. Your technician probably emptied the entire content into your engine. Reduce the quantity of oil in your engine by at least half a litter.
He put 6 liters
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
sooperrescue:
First of all, you have been using the wrong oil for your car. A 2014 Avalon uses 0w20 and you have been using G Life 5w30. G Life at the back of the container tells everyone that their oil is suitable for compact engine and if your V6 Avalon is compact engine, then I may be wrong and you are right. After you destroyed the engine and it was still breathing, you now used Hardex to finish the job. All the 5w30 oils are not recommended for any Toyota above 2010. Your concern for now is how to resolve the noise from the engine. Look for 0w20 oils and forget about 10k miles

Best so far thanks am going back to mobile 1.
My friend change oil in his 2014 Avalon every 6 months. He haven’t travel to anywhere just around PH. Though mine they drove it from Lagos to Uyo, from Uyo to PH, from PH to Orlu Imo state. And back to Uyo that why I decided to change the oil.

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Aye captain. Way to go!

Done deal .........fuel injector cleaner not included grin will update you when items arrives Lagos....

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy
dru23:

Done deal .........fuel injector cleaner not included grin will update you when items arrives Lagos....
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by alphaNomega: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

My friend change oil in his 2014 Avalon every 6 months. He haven’t travel to anywhere just around PH. Though mine they drove it from Lagos to Uyo, from Uyo to PH, from PH to Orlu Imo state. And back to Uyo that why I decided to change the oil.
That's not enough reason to change engine oil
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by nairaandkobo: 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Whois:
Go for this brand it's common and it is just 13,000 naira. I wanted to buy Hardex oil but the shop owner advised me against it, thank God I listened to him

Can you link me where you bought ??
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 2:39am On Oct 31, 2021
alphaNomega:

Fake oil dey market my brother.. Even Mobil 1 Extended Performance fake plenty well well and me self can't tell the difference
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2021
alphaNomega:
I know my first car experience
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2021
dru23:

Fake oil dey market my brother.. Even Mobil 1 Extended Performance fake plenty well well and me self can't tell the difference

Even in USA ?
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by alphaNomega: 8:00am On Oct 31, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

I know my first car experience
okay Sir
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by adubam(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=dru23 post=107175042]
This is what I like to hear wink bought Tokunbo

Sir we are out of Mobil 1 .. Will be shipping some next week......

Can I suggest Super Tech Advance? This is good for 20k miles oil change for 22500k Naira.... Since we don't sell in 1liters .

---------------------------------------------------

Can I still use the recommended 5w 30 for Camry 1999 with 210K. I currently use 20w 50 Total Oil.
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Even in USA ?

Lol.. Not to my knowledge..lol... I meant in Nigeria fake oil plenty. You have to know ur source, so if the guy feels like changing the oil because the engine sounds different from what it was before, than let him change ..oil cheap and engine is never
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=adubam post=107210614][/quote]

No sir ..continue using 20w50
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Baba40(f): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
QuickTrade:
If you love your car, be careful with the oil you use. One almost knocked my engine sometime ago. It almost dried up

Mobil oil?
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by QuickTrade: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Baba40:

Mobil oil?

No
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by adubam(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
dru23:

No sir ..continue using 20w50

Thanks
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Whois(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
nairaandkobo:

Can you link me where you bought ??

Sure, I would have uploaded the receipt but I can't find it yet. I still remember the address n description Sha, the shop is opposite federal fire service, Ojuelegba, surulere. It's not far from conoil, opposite area c in Ojuelegba. If driving there, For easy access, Park in conoil filling station and walk down towards the bridge you'll see the shop opposite federal fire service.
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by homeboy205: 8:41am On Nov 01, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
I changed my car engine oil from G Life Gold bcoz I can’t find it here in Uyo to Hardex yesterday I on the car this morning and it’s sounding differently. Before you will never notice the car is on if you are steaming it now you will notice from far . I need help I bought the oil in mechanic village Uyo.

Modify :
Using it for Toyota Avalon 2014.

Did you sort this out ??
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2021
homeboy205:

Did you sort this out ??
Not yet
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Slickleo: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
I changed my car engine oil from G Life Gold bcoz I can’t find it here in Uyo to Hardex yesterday I on the car this morning and it’s sounding differently. Before you will never notice the car is on if you are steaming it now you will notice from far . I need help I bought the oil in mechanic village Uyo.

Modify :

If u can't get from Dru, enter Mobil filling station buy Mobil 2000 5w30 semi synthetic rest

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by MrJames007: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2021
kunkelhanspeter :

Ette! shocked

Take it easy, sir. cool

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Tesclaros(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Modify :
Buy all authentic spart parts and original oil from HEBO at IBB, Uyo.. they have never sell fake before .. thank me later and apart from the noise you heard when you put your car ignition on, how have you enjoyed this car? cos i have it in mind to buy

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2021
Tesclaros:
Buy all authentic spart parts and original oil from HEBO at IBB, Uyo.. they have never sell fake before .. thank me later and apart from the noise you heard when you put your car ignition on, how have you enjoyed this car? cos i have it in mind to buy

No problem so far and the car is so sexy.
Can you give me the address of the HEBO?
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by DukeNija(m): 8:55am On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Bought that oil 14k

14k for that useless oil? Do you know the car you’re driving? Omo some people shouldn’t use cars for real. Buy Mobil 1 full synthetic.

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by DukeNija(m): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2021
Slickleo:

If u can't get from Dru, enter Mobil filling station buy Mobil 2000 5w30 semi synthetic rest

That’s not the recommended oil for that car.
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Tesclaros(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

No problem so far and the car is so sexy.
Can you give me the address of the HEBO?
That’s it

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2021
Tesclaros:
That’s it
Going to check them out today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Air Flow Meter Do In A Car? / World Most Expensive Cars / Nigeria Used Car Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.