Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change (3884 Views)

My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help / I Changed My Car Oil And Now I Hear A Knocking Sound / 9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
I changed my car engine oil from G Life Gold bcoz I can’t find it here in Uyo to Hardex yesterday I on the car this morning and it’s sounding differently. Before you will never notice the car is on if you are steaming it now you will notice from far . I need help I bought the oil in mechanic village Uyo.

Modify :
Using it for Toyota Avalon 2014.

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by house10s: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
keep trying different oil till u get d sound u want

11 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by QuickTrade: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
If you love your car, be careful with the oil you use. One almost knocked my engine sometime ago. It almost dried up

5 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Blackbishop(m): 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
I changed my car engine oil from G Life Gold bcoz I can’t find it here in Uyo to Hardex yesterday I on the car this morning and it’s sounding differently. Before you will never notice the car is on if you are steaming it now you will notice from far . I need help I bought the oil in mechanic village Uyo.

Go for Castrol or I can guarantee you of Polytron that will serve you better and longer

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
QuickTrade:
If you love your car, be careful with the oil you use. One almost knocked my engine sometime ago. It almost dried up
I will change it before 2-3 weeks
Been looking for the former oil I changed
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by melviniyke2002(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

beware of fake oil, go for Mobil 1 or super tech 5w 30 n HV peace....contact dru23.....

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by QuickTrade: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Mobil is good too
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by powerkey: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
Avoid fake oil
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
powerkey:
Avoid fake oil
I guess am using one already
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
melviniyke2002:
beware of fake oil, go for Mobil 1 or super tech 5w 30 n HV peace....contact dru23.....
Mobile 1 is how much now??

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by MARKone(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

You would have done simple Google search for another suitable oil for your car or you come here for advice for a better alternative. There are people who sell good Oil here, you can even get from Jumia. Hardex doesn't have a good review, you no even hear the name "Hardex".

4 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Mobile 1 is how much now??

25k .........Extended performance ...plz call our business line between the hours of 9am to 5pm .. Someone will be able to assist you

0703 672 6481

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
melviniyke2002:

Thanks boss
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Modify :

Wow 2014 car those cars are nice.. You trying o. Maintain the car ... Very nice and currant too.. Good job

3 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by nakoks(m): 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Modify :
Just look at the foolish oils you are using for a 2014 Avalon.

9 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Conner44: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
If the oil does not have gold in its name then op isn’t interested wink

7 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
dru23:

25k .........Extended performance ...plz call our business line between the hours of 9am to 5pm .. Someone will be able to assist you

0703 672 6481
Do you deliver to Uyo ??
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
nakoks:

Just look at the foolish oils you are using for a 2014 Avalon.
Bought that oil 14k
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 1:42am On Oct 28, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Do you deliver to Uyo ??

We deliver all over Nigeria sir ...... Incase you call and we don't have Mobil Extended performance 0w20...

Suggestion below.........

Super Tech Advance 22500k naira......Highly recommended good for 20k miles oil change. This is the prefer oil for my uber cars... Change at 10k miles regardless of driving condition.......

Pennzoil 0w20 28k Naira .........Premium oil at a premium price.

You have a list of great products to choose .... We don't use any middle men .. All products are bought and shipped by me from the USA........

You get quality at an affordable price...

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Advocatesam(f): 3:21am On Oct 28, 2021
dru23:

We deliver all over Nigeria sir ...... Incase you call and we don't have Mobil Extended performance 0w20...

Super Tech Advance 22500k naira......Highly recommended good for 20k miles oil change. This is the prefer oil for my uber cars... Change at 10k miles regardless of driving condition.......

You have a list of great products to choose .... We don't use any middle men .. All products are bought and shipped by me from the USA........

Sir, is Pennzoil (5w-20) available and can it last for 10k-12k miles before the next oil change. I wish to continue with the same product used by the previous owner in US. Also do you sell the recommended oil filter
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2021
Advocatesam:

Sir, is Pennzoil (5w-20) available and can it last for 10k-12k miles before the next oil change. I wish to continue with the same product used by the previous owner in US. Also do you sell the recommended oil filter

Thanks for making inquiry, I am not sure if we have any more 5w20 . but the 0w20 Ultra platinum will perform well as the 5w20 (pic) .......0w20 is very popular among Lexus Rx350 car owners so we might be limited in stock. And yes Ultra platinum is good for 10k miles oil change.......

We only carry special filters by request. And you can always change oil brand, you don't have to go with what came with car. The most important thing is that the oil meets API ... American Petroleum Institute, with the donut logo on the gallon . All engine oil sold in the USA meets these basic demands and other brands exceeds them The oil I sell exceeds them.......

Give us a call for more information from 9am to 5pm and my rep can able to assist you .........0703 672 6481 and if u need to reach out to me personally u can contact me at dru23@hotmail.com and we can connect via whatapps .........

We thank you and we look forward to hearing from you

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2021
dru23:

This Super Tech Advance 22500k naira
I have few questions because I need change dat useless
1) are you sending it from USA?
2) is shipping included in the account (22,500)?
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

This Super Tech Advance 22500k naira
I have few questions because I need change dat useless
1) are you sending it from USA?
2) is shipping included in the account (22,500)?

Sir I import all these goods from the USA. There is no middle men.... Super tech is from the USA ....And shipping is not included ...

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by nakoks(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Bought that oil 14k
I care less.....that's the cost of the 10w40 i use to service my 12 year old TEC generator.
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Hollawayn05(m): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
dru23:

0703 672 6481

How many litres?
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hollawayn05:

How many litres?

5quarts ... That is about 4.75liters enough for top ups
Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2021
Just drain some of the engine oil and enjoy your car. Your technician probably emptied the entire content into your engine. Reduce the quantity of oil in your engine by at least half a litter.

1 Like

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by sooperrescue(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2021
First of all, you have been using the wrong oil for your car. A 2014 Avalon uses 0w20 and you have been using G Life 5w30. G Life at the back of the container tells everyone that their oil is suitable for compact engine and if your V6 Avalon is compact engine, then I may be wrong and you are right. After you destroyed the engine and it was still breathing, you now used Hardex to finish the job. All the 5w30 oils are not recommended for any Toyota above 2010. Your concern for now is how to resolve the noise from the engine. Look for 0w20 oils and forget about 10k miles

6 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
dru23:

Wow 2014 car those cars are nice.. You trying o. Maintain the car ... Very nice and currant too.. Good job
chief.
7 litres of Mobil 1 needed.

Car is relatively new and was bought as Toks two months ago.

Pricing

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by OfficialDJ: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
nakoks:

I care less.....that's the cost of the 10w40 i use to service my 12 year old TEC generator.
grin

Vawulence everywia

4 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by Whois(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
Go for this brand it's common and it is just 13,000 naira. I wanted to buy Hardex oil but the shop owner advised me against it, thank God I listened to him

2 Likes

Re: I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change by dru23(m): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
OfficialDJ:
chief.
7 litres of Mobil 1 needed.

Car is relatively new and was bought as Toks two months ago.

Pricing
This is what I like to hear wink bought Tokunbo

Sir we are out of Mobil 1 .. Will be shipping some next week......

Can I suggest Super Tech Advance? This is good for 20k miles oil change for 22500k Naira.... Since we don't sell in 1liters . You will need 2 gallons and keep the left over for top up or future use......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Claim Damage On My Car At Sallaum Terminal / Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate / Looking For Tyre Dealers/distributors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.