Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police (48854 Views)

What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman / Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by pakirisuitesphc(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
Before any prosecutor can argue any case involving breach of peace,

There must be the clearest of circumstances and a sufficiently real and present threat to the peace to justify the extreme step of depriving of his liberty a citizen who is not at the time acting unlawfully
The threat must be coming from the person who is to be arrested
The conduct must clearly interfere with the rights of others
The natural consequence of the conduct must be violence from a third party
The violence must not be wholly unreasonable
The conduct of the person to be arrested must be unreasonable.

So does calling another man's wife Babe meet any of the above statement?

pakirisuitesphc:
I am ashamed that most of you are ignorant of law, no wonder police extort you anyhow fool.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
AllahIsShit:
Maybe it's normal in your family, but in the real world, you don't try to force your unwanted affection on another man's wife.

The way some of Una dey always reason like pikin amaze me.

I talk base on my own opinion which is not causing any harm, you don quickly dey talk of my family

Sense just far from some of una on Nairaland.

With good lawyers, he will walk free.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by seguno2: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
delzbaba:
This is worse than a kangaroo court.

Of a banana republic

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
AllahIsShit:
Maybe it's normal in your family, but in the real world, you don't try to force your unwanted affection on another man's wife.

How is calling a married woman babe the same as forcing unwanted affection?

What the guy did (provided they can even prove that he knew she was married) is only morally bad, but not a crime.

Even adultery (as long as the sex is consensual) is not a crime in secular countries, not to talk of ordinary flirting in a virtual space.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by seguno2: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
timidapsin:
even if he's flirting with her..
Block button no dey?
How's this a crime Nigeria

Can I like this comment 1,000 times grin

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by mrkings84(m): 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
My question is, the Nigeria Police didn't ask what was the offense of the man B4 embarking on the journey to arrest d man?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Oracleforce: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
useless case...

the guy did a stupid thing but can you belabour yourself because of a simple offence like this?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by mrkings84(m): 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
Anything way no fit happen for Ogun does not exist
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Yusman316(m): 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
Maybe the husband reported the matter to the police, or the woman herself reported it as harassment. The U.S state of New York forced a sitting Governor to design over sexual harassment case
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by doggedfighter(f): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2021
mrkings84:
My question is, the Nigeria Police didn't ask what was the offense of the man B4 embarking on the journey to arrest d man?

He committed babe offence. grin

Hanging straight.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

I talk base on my own opinion which is not causing any harm, you don quickly dey talk of my family

Even a bad lawyer will win this case for the man.

Haba, this is the silliest F.I.R I have read in my entire life.

As a lawyer's son, I have heard many laughable cases, many of which made my mum laugh as she studied them. But this particular one takes the cake.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by godisshit(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
I agree that what he did is at best a civil offense and not a criminal one. All the woman had to do is sue him in court.
But you can't just simply brush aside his actions as if there shouldn't be consequences for bad behaviour.
In a lot of jurisdictions across the world, sending unsolicited messages to a woman will be deemed to be a form of sexual harassment and you can be charged to court for it

[img]https://images./24HUezJMmbfkcwezhugGeO.jpg[/img]

BluntTheApostle:

How is calling a married woman babe the same as forcing unwanted affection?

What the guy did (provided they can even prove that he knew she was married) is only morally bad, but not a crime.

Even adultery (as long as the sex is consensual) is not a crime in secular countries, not to talk of ordinary flirting in a virtual space.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I agree that what he did is at best a civil offense and not a criminal one. All the woman had to do is sue him in court.
But you can't just simply brush aside his actions as if there shouldn't be consequences for bad behaviour.
In a lot of jurisdictions across the world, sending unsolicited messages to a woman will be deemed to be a form of sexual harassment and you can be charged to court for it

Why not show us the WhatsApp message so we can compare?

Or better still, read about harassment, and what legally constitutes harassment.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by osuofia2(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
pickatyoubackup:

Your father, your mother, your children if you have any should stop being stupid.
If u can't state ur point without insult, go insult ur family. Fool.
Your entire generation na ode. Gerrout
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by godisshit(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oh gosh, the stupidity is epic with this one!
All over the world, sending unsolicited messages of an intimate nature to a woman is regarded as sexual harassment.

It may not be as serious an offence as say defilement or rape, but it is still an offence nevertheless and your boy was caught red handed. I would like to see how he walks away scott free from something he was actually caught doing because I'm sure they must have tracked his number. Only an ignoramus who doesn't understand privacy laws will argue that nothing wrong has been done.

But then it's you, so I'm not surprised since ignorance is your middle name.

DubaiLandLord1:

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by robosky02(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
timidapsin:
Very soon people will get arrested for not saying good morning to their elders

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Medanoski(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sometimes I just if this is real or imaginary. How would police arrest someone for a "goodmorning babe" text ?
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by godisshit(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oga, any medium of communication can be used to commit sexual harassment.

[img]https://images./34oocTtMb1BYXvPZFSXwVg.jpg[/img]

BluntTheApostle:

Why not show us the WhatsApp message so we can compare?

Or better still, read about harassment, and what legally constitutes harassment.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by tnerro1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
Wetin Musa no go see for gate
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
AllahIsShit:
Oga, any medium of communication can be used to commit sexual harassment.

[img]https://images./34oocTtMb1BYXvPZFSXwVg.jpg[/img]

I asked for the WhatsApp message.

I know harassment can happen over the phone. That is not the point.

The point is, what constitutes harassment?

If I use endearing terms over the phone, does that constitute harassment all by itself?
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Savie(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
Is the woman a senator's wife?
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
I can't stop laughing grin this is a joke of the century
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Bestinstinct(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
osuofia2:

Stop been stupid. You should read that what he did is capable of breaching peace.
Offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006
Is the police the magistrate?
Too many kids commenting. That’s why many blacks rot in jail for avoidable stuffs abroad. Babe is derogatory and police didn’t make laws.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by osuofia2(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Bestinstinct:

Too many kids commenting. That’s why many blacks rot in jail for avoidable stuffs abroad. Babe is derogatory and police didn’t make laws.
No mind them. Thanks for the head up
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by jaxxy(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
So what’s the offense here? They quoted the state law bt cudnt state the crime in the law?

How many small gals are calling married men babe in same Ogun State? undecided
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by godisshit(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
If it is to a stranger and you did it deliberately (not by dialing the wrong number or accidentally sending a message to the wrong number) then yes you might be charged with sexual harassment.

Like I said in another reply, it's not as serious an offence as defilement or rape, but it is still an offence nevertheless.

BluntTheApostle:

I asked for the WhatsApp message.

I know harassment can happen over the phone. That is not the point.

The point is, what constitutes harassment?

If I use endearing terms over the phone, does that constitute harassment all by itself?

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
AllahIsShit:
If it is to a stranger and you did it deliberately (not by dialing the wrong number or accidentally sending a message to the wrong number) then yes you might be charged with sexual harassment.

Like I said in another reply, it's not as serious an offence as defilement or rape, but it is still an offence nevertheless.

But the F.I.R did not even mention sexual harassment.

Rather, it mentioned breach of peace, which makes it even more silly.

Because obviously, none of those that handled the matter up to its current state know anything about breaching the peace.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by FvckAllMods: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
Duck dem all with dia elders
timidapsin:
Very soon people will get arrested for not saying good morning to their elders
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by FvckAllMods: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Olo'un
apasino01:
Because He no get money!!!
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
Bestinstinct:

Babe is not always derogatory.

It is typically an endearing term.

Many blacks rot in jail because of either the crime they committed or how badly their cases were handled.

It is the same for whites.

There are a lot of sexual harassment cases, but they are also some of the most difficult cases to prove.

Just as in breaching the peace, which is what was stated in the report. The law underlines malicious intent. But how can you prove that the person against whom you have filed an FIR breached the peace with malicious intent?
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by FvckAllMods: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Thank God I don't have any girl

Make soldier no go cross me for road say I dey text him babe...
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Bigchristo: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
OloshoMan:
I wonder how pathetic and insecure this stupid couple are to involve the authorities in this.
So you think is ok to address a married woman as babe? If not that something fishing is going down why can’t him address her as Good morning Mrs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Sneaking Into Housewife’s Room (photo) / “You Are Not Even Happy That I Hit Your Ass” - Sexual Harasser Mocks His Victim / Rapid Response Squad Recovers Vehicle, Gun, Dog From Fleeing Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.