Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police (48862 Views)

What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman / Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by hope4nigeria(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
lilvicky68:
grin
As harmless as babe is?

So had it been he said good morning sugar or honey e for reach firing squad na.. grin
be an innocent citizen and law abiding in Nigeria is an offense that can condemn you to death! Just be a bokoharam, bandits and kidnaper, you will get presidential handshake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Omoluabi16:
Honestly, it's not so proper using all these unsolicited pet names for someone you barely know. It's a sort of harassment. How can this werey use babe for a married woman? He will learn his lesson.

Cc primadonnaO sugarpie hope you are 'staying strong for daddy' cheesy

Lmao!!!

You're looking for my trouble!! cheesy

But I'm in a good mood today.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Truvelisback(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Na ugly women dey do this kind thing.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Skeazy4: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2021
I have some that would help your kid
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by einsteine(m): 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
How's it a CRIMINAL offence?
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by OLULAW: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
osuofia2:

Stop been stupid. You should read that what he did is capable of breaching peace.
Offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006
Is the police the magistrate?

Stop being an idiot. How is calling a woman, even if married a babe capable of breaching peace? It’s not verbal assault or abuse. Is it? Lack of exposure.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by NessFortunate: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
lalasticlala:
Ogun Police Arrest Man For Sending "Good Morning Babe" To A Married Woman On WhatsApp

COMMISSIONER OF POLICE

VS

SIKIRU OLUWASEUN JAMIU 'M' AGED 38 YEARS

That you Sikiru Oluwaseun Jamiu 'm' on the 19th day of September, 2021 at about 8.02 a.m along Fidipote Street, opposite IBEDC office, Ijebu Ode in the Ijebu Ode Magisterial District did conduct yourself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the Peace in the marriage between One Akintunde Adegbesan 'm' and Opeyeml Adegbesan 'f' by using the word "Good Morning Babe" on whatsapp No. 08059491562 and 08138868837 and thereby committed an Offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.
no wonder those terroists cum bandits doesn't greet GOOD MORNING. they don't want the GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY To have any reason to PROSECUTE THEM thats why the jejely just KILL, KIDNAP AND STEAL From their VICTIMS with greeting
#MEDIOCRES
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by descarado: 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Sexual harassment is totally different from flirting.

No white woman will take you to court for calling her babe.

The highest she can do is sue you, because it is a civil matter, and no one has the time (with all the cases that there are) to listen to such frivolous matters.

Matters like that end up in courts such as are held by Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown.

Sighs. You obviously don't know what sexual harrasment is.
Posted a link address so you can read up but it won't open.
Read citizensadvice. Sexual harrasment in uk.
Add www in front.

In Nigeria, we overlook a lot. You dare not do that elsewhere.
One of the things that take black man to court the first few yrs he travelled to the developed countries is that they thought its business as usual.
An acquaintance is facing charges cos he poured inside when in action when babe said no. No pregnancy, no std and he sometimes do pour inside but that particular day, he was told don't and missed it. Case is in court. Even a wife can sue you for this same reason and she is within her right according to the law
Sending a woman you are not close to message like that is outright sexual harrasment and some yrs in jail in uk for you.

Nigeria have laws but they don't implement it.
Surprised seeing quotation from our constitution backing the arrest.
Weak institutions is our problem.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by FourElements: 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
juniorstar:

Omo ba life in prison some ppl go get ooh..if they count the number of ppl they call babe on a steady!!!!
Not to a married woman. It's disrespectful of the marriage institution.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
enchy:
Some people no just know their left from their right..Lord of Mercy, in my next life make me not to be a black man, it seems as if something is fundamentally wrong with their brain.

Some

Then you generalized

You are a disgrace to humanity
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2021
descarado:

Add www in front.

One of the things that take black man to court the first few yrs he travelled to the developed countries is that they thought its business as usual.
An acquaintance is facing charges cos he poured inside when in action when babe said no. No pregnancy, no std and he sometimes do pour inside but that particular day, he was told don't and missed it. Case is in court. Even a wife can sue you for this same reason and she is within her right according to the law
Sending a woman you are not close to message like that is outright sexual harrasment and some yrs in jail in uk for you.

Must you be racist and baseless at the same time??

I will condemn the condemnable law before it condemns me
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Cousin9999: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2021
[img]https://c./K43IOTBWSu8AAAAM/dwayne-wade-dwade.gif[/img]

This just in: Man arrested for burping and not saying "excuse me." More at eleven.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by VanuatuWycombe: 1:38am On Oct 28, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Even a bad lawyer will win this case for the man.

Haba, this is the silliest F.I.R I have read in my entire life.

As a lawyer's son, I have heard many laughable cases, many of which made my mum laugh as she studied them. But this particular one takes the cake.

I guess the woman’s husband is a police officer or he is related to a police or has gigs to do with police officers.
He sha want to show say he can do it and get the other guy punished.
And he too may not be clean o. I am sure he is having trust issues. This is a matter he can settle with his wife without the accused knowing sef. The wife would just know how to minimize or cut her dealings with the accused.

Who even know the place where the police wey prepare the charge sheet to sleep that night? May be na another married woman’s house he go sleep.
We are not even sure if the accused sent it to a wrong number. He has an alibi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by VanuatuWycombe: 1:47am On Oct 28, 2021
Yusman316:
Maybe the husband reported the matter to the police, or the woman herself reported it as harassment. The U.S state of New York forced a sitting Governor to design over sexual harassment case

But this is not harassment. It’s because they both live in the same area. That’s why the husband is acting like Van Damme.

Can the husband exchange his phone with his wife for 2 weeks? Let the wife has assess to it and be receiving all calls and responding to all messages. That’s when you would know the man has many things he is hiding.
Men that her insecure and jealous act that way. That singular sms o is not and harassment. This are type of cases that Baálè use to settle when we were growing up.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by zoedew: 2:30am On Oct 28, 2021
timidapsin:
even if he's flirting with her..
Block button no dey?
How's this a crime Nigeria
Exactly the point! Criminal prosecution is the block button needed to reset the brain of the defendant. Lots of folks hailing him here will develop hay fever to hear some other adult male refer to their beloved wives as “babe” in their presence! Bunch of hypocrites!!
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Tizu(m): 4:10am On Oct 28, 2021
Maybe the woman dey distribute her kpekus up-and-down.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:24am On Oct 28, 2021
I know the wife is the one who exposed this young man for him to be arrested, she wants to please her husband, she doesn't know she's a foooool. Why not simply warn the young man or block him. Does her husband show her messages from his side chicks? undecided
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:03am On Oct 28, 2021
descarado:

Add www in front.

That is the UK.

Below, is how the Nigerian law sees sexual harassment:

The Penal Code
Section 281: Whoever, in order to gratify the passions of another person, procures, entices, or leads away, even with her consent, a woman or girl for immoral purposes shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine.

Section 285: Whoever commits an act of gross indecency upon the person of another without his consent or by the use of force or threats compels a person to join with him in the commission of that act, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine. Provided that a consent given by a person below the age of sixteen years to such an act when done by his teacher, guardian or a person entrusted with his care or education shall not be deemed to be a consent within the meaning of this section.

https://nigeria.action4justice.org/legal_areas/sexual-harassment-in-the-workplace/what-does-the-law-say-about-sexual-harassment/

Moreover, the report in the OP did not even mention sexual harassment; rather, it mentioned breaching the peace (which is even harder to prove because it is usually centred around intent).

Elsewhere, like where? Where in this world is an isolated incident of "Good Morning, Babe" a criminal offense or sexual harassment?

Isolated remarks that are considered sexual harassment are usually of extreme nature, otherwise unwanted remarks have to be persistent or more than once to cross the line between mere condescending and illegal.

Anyone can be taken to court, it doesn't mean they would be thrown in jail. Anyone can file an FIR against anyone, but FIRs don't win cases in court.

An acquaintance is facing charges cos he poured inside when in action when babe said no. No pregnancy, no std and he sometimes do pour inside but that particular day, he was told don't and missed it.

Charges of what?

The problem with you people is that you don't ask questions. You just assume that you have committed an offense as soon as an FIR is brought.

Which is the reason why I don't like people talking when they are being arrested. Let your lawyer do the talking.

Case is in court. Even a wife can sue you for this same reason and she is within her right according to the law

Suing is different from charging. Suing is for civil matters, and charging is for criminal matters.

Nowhere in the FIR was the man charged with sexual harassment.

You people have been arguing based on your own assumptions, and based on how you feel the offense should be interpreted.

That is not a quotation from the Constitution.

Rather, it is a quotation from the Ogun state law.

And the quotation was for breaching the peace, not sexual harassment.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by MyExpression(m): 8:17am On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:

Stop been stupid. You should read that what he did is capable of breaching peace.
Offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006

It would only stand, if he intruded their privacy.
Phone number does not constitute a private entity since it is being shared and displayed on most social platforms.

Anyone could have sent it to her in error.

Heck I will bombard her phone number with sms, if they dare to publish it.
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Hassanmaye(m): 8:43am On Oct 28, 2021
lilvicky68:
grin
As harmless as babe is?

So had it been he said good morning sugar or honey e for reach firing squad na.. grin
Haha
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Hassanmaye(m): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:

Wow very apt
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2021
willycorps:
I will take the number and message the woman now and call her sweety
Haha
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by MisterKennedy(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2021
enchy:
Some people no just know their left from their right..Lord of Mercy, in my next life make me not to be a black man, it seems as if something is fundamentally wrong with their brain.
lol. Na the curse wey Noah curse him black son for Bible dey follow blacks o
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by MrUchenna1(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2021
THIS SHIT COMES UP WHEN REAL CASES ARE NOT ON THE MAGISTRATE FILE..... BABE GOODLUCK
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by jacoik(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2021
lilvicky68:
grin
As harmless as babe is?

lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear. But guy ehhhh if person send such to your wife how will you react
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by lilvicky68(m): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
jacoik:
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear. But guy ehhhh if person send such to your wife how will you react
I won't react.
She should be wise enough to shut him up..
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by Blackdisciple(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Is there his ah in Ogun state

That serves him right , so men wey no dey commot eye from married women,Boma supposed go firing squad ni... how I wish it can be implemented .
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by odysey: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
lalasticlala:
Ogun Police Arrest Man For Sending "Good Morning Babe" To A Married Woman On WhatsApp

COMMISSIONER OF POLICE

VS

SIKIRU OLUWASEUN JAMIU 'M' AGED 38 YEARS

That you Sikiru Oluwaseun Jamiu 'm' on the 19th day of September, 2021 at about 8.02 a.m along Fidipote Street, opposite IBEDC office, Ijebu Ode in the Ijebu Ode Magisterial District did conduct yourself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the Peace in the marriage between One Akintunde Adegbesan 'm' and Opeyeml Adegbesan 'f' by using the word "Good Morning Babe" on whatsapp No. 08059491562 and 08138868837 and thereby committed an Offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.
the guy should counter sue
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by SavageResponse(m): 9:46am On Nov 01, 2021
kiss
lilvicky68:
grin
As harmless as babe is?

grin
Re: Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police by enchy: 10:58pm On May 03, 2023

Some

Then you generalized

You are a disgrace to humanity

Am sorry sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“You Are Not Even Happy That I Hit Your Ass” - Sexual Harasser Mocks His Victim / Rapid Response Squad Recovers Vehicle, Gun, Dog From Fleeing Robbers / Mary Ngoshe, Chibok Girl, Rescued With Her Baby By Soldiers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.