Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. (856 Views)

Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) / Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia / Kylie Jenner`s Photo Of Her Baby Is The Most Liked Photo On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Good Morning Nairalanders...
Pls this goes to the Doctors, Nurses, Mid-wives and Mother's in the house.

I have a son who is 1 year and 3 month old who is yet to crawl nor walk, I'm seriously worried. I've complain at the hospital and they keep saying he'll walk that he's just lazy.
...So just yesterday myself and my wife went for family planning at health center and we complain again but a nurse suggest the local way for us about using pestle, as in hitting pestle on the ground where he place his feet.
Please can I go ahead with the advise, is there no side effect from it or should I just wait till God's time.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Pauldollars(m): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2021
Holluwabismarck:

I have a son who is 1 year and 3 month old who is yet to crawl nor walk, I'm seriously worried. I've complain at the hospital and they keep saying he'll walk that he's just lazy.
...So just yesterday myself and my wife went for family planning at health center and we complain again but a nurse suggest the local way for us about using pestle, as in hitting pestle on the ground where he place his feet.
Please can I go ahead with the advise, is there no side effect from it or should I just wait till God's time.

There is nothing wrong with him.
The problem is you comparing him to other people's children
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by MRDEE01: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2021
If Orthodox doctors have evaluated you baby and told you he's OK,do not fret.
I have a relative who started talking when she was 4years
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by BigBelleControl(m): 7:47am On Oct 28, 2021
Different children grow in different ways.
I have a two-year-old son who has not started calling daddy or mummy but can recite A-Z and 1-10 and beyond.

It's only of recent he started calling me and his mum 'Aunty'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Manq(m): 7:47am On Oct 28, 2021
Every human with he's or her own pace
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by mekuso89(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2021
He's not lazy. The boy will work, I remember the story of our legendary player Daniel amokachi he didn't walk up to 2 years, when his parents took him to church for prayer just after pastor finish praying a ball that some kids were playing outside bounced inside the church immedately little amokachi got up and rushed the ball, that was it. So I suggest you don't stress the boy but follow the nurses advice
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by mekuso89(m): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2021
BigBelleControl:
Different children grow in different ways.
I have a two-year-old son who has not started calling daddy or mummy but can recite A-Z and 1-10 and beyond.

It's only of recent he started calling me and his mum 'Aunty'.
God is good
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by mkoabiola: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2021
U can try d local Way as been suggested by d nurse.

No harm
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by thorpido(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2021
Did your son have any issue at birth?Was there delayed labour or jaundice?Any childhood sickness?

If none of the above,then you child will walk in due course.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by otipoju(m): 8:13am On Oct 28, 2021
One thing ive learned is not to compare children with children...as long as he is not sick he will walk and talk in his own due time.

The day he realizes that walking is sweeter than crawling...the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Jay5mie: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2021
Holluwabismarck:

YOU DUN BORN CRIPPLE
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Baawaa(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2021
The little boy will surely walk,but please don't make it a public discussion in your environment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Optimistguy1969: 8:16am On Oct 28, 2021
Op relax.
You and your son no get problem

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Baawaa(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2021
Jay5mie:

YOU DUN BORN CRIPPLE
This is what you want for yourself,
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Drakkernoir: 8:24am On Oct 28, 2021
You most likely will have to check with a certified Dr. Some kids have slow development and sometimes it is caused by some generic conditions..make sure there is no murmur in your kids heart..some kids have consitions that cant be seen until much later and some doctors tend to miss these atimes

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by chival(f): 8:27am On Oct 28, 2021
My tailor's second son was exactly the same way. He neither crawled nor walked months after his first birthday. He just kept dragging his bottom on the ground. One fine day, he just stood up and within weeks he was walking. Your son will walk. He's just late getting started. Allow him develop his milestones at his own pace.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2021
There is nothing wrong with him.
The problem is you comparing him to other people's children.

not really bro but you know its something you just have to think of as a parent, seeing kids that are not even up to his age walking.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2021
thorpido:
Did you son have any issue at birth?Was there delayed labour or jaundice?Any childhood sickness?

If none of the above,then you child will walk in due course.

not at all.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2021
Jay5mie:

YOU DUN BORN CRIPPLE
it isn't funny bro/Sis.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2021
chival:
My tailor's second son was exactly the same way. He neither crawled nor walked months after his first birthday. He just kept dragging his bottom on the ground. One fine day, he just stood up and within weeks he was walking. Your son will walk. He's just late getting started. Allow him develop his milestones at his own pace.

...exactly what he does. Thanks.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2021
MRDEE01:
If Orthodox doctors have evaluated you baby and told you he's OK,do not fret.

I have a relative who started talking when she was 4years
thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2021
mekuso89:
He's not lazy. The boy will work, I remember the story of our legendary player Daniel amokachi he didn't walk up to 2 years, when his parents took him to church for prayer just after pastor finish praying a ball that some kids were playing outside bounced inside the church immedately little amokachi got up and rushed the ball, that was it. So I suggest you don't stress the boy but follow the nurses advice
...lols. thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
mkoabiola:
U can try d local Way as been suggested by d nurse.

No harm
...okay. I shall tty that. thanks.
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Falseprofet2: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2021
Baby will be fine dont worry
As long as the hospital have told you not to worry
Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
Holluwabismarck, My first daughter never walked until 19months, it was because we made mistake of weening her from breastmilk at 7 month without supplement with another source of calcium and vitamin D since she was mainly indoors with her mother.
Once we started giving her milk and the calcium the doctor recommended she started walking within days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, My 1year,3 Month Old Baby Is Yet To Crawl Nor Walk. by Holluwabismarck(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
Thanks guys.
my baby can now crawl only on bed after 1 year, 4 month.
put him on the floor he won't move only on bed..he crys when you put him on sand.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Cryptocurrency Do To The Forex Market? / Hello / True Or Good Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.