Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn (960 Views)

FEC Approves NNPC Ltd’s Move To Invest ₦‎1.9 Trillion In 44 Roads / FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At ₦621 Billion / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by prof2007: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved N621.2 billion for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to take over reconstruction of 21 federal roads across the 6 geopolitical zones of the country. Babatunde Fashola, minister of works and housing, disclosed this after the FEC meeting presided by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday.

The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) had decried loss of its members and properties to dilapidated roads, but NNPC appealed to the union to shelve the planned strike and accepted to rebuild some roads.

The approval, according to Fashola, was in line with Executive Order No. 007 of 2019 cited as the companies income tax (Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme) Order, 2019 (“EO7 of 2019” or “the Scheme”), signed by President Muhammadu Buhari. He explained that the selected 21 roads are 1804.6 kilometres, and it was a strategic intervention under the FG Road Infrastructure and Refreshment Tax Credit Scheme.

The minister further explained that Executive Order 7 allows the private sector to deploy in advance the taxes they would pay for infrastructure development. He said 9 of the selected projects are in north-central, 3 in north-east, 2 in north-west, 2 in south-east, 3 in south-south, and 2 in south-west.

HERE IS THE FULL LIST:

NORTH-CENTRAL
1. Dualization of Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa/ Bokani Junction road Section 1: Ilorin-Jebba, Kwara State C/NO. 6468 = 110.8km
2. Dualization of Ilorin, Jebba-Mokwa/Bokani junction Road Section II: Jebba-Mokwa-Bokani junction in Kwara and Niger states. C/NO.6469 = 46 km
3. Dualization of Suleja-Minna road, Niger state. C/O. 6077 = 40km
4. Dualization of Suleja-Minna Road, Niger State Phase II (Km 40+000-101+000) C/NO.6267 = 61km
5. Reconstruction of Bida-Lambata Road, Niger state C/NO.6372 = 125km
6. Agaie-Katcha-Baro Road, Niger State = 52.3km
7. Emergency repairs of failed section of Mokwa-Makera-Tagina-Kaduna state border in Niger state = 164km
8. Minna-Zungeru-Tagina road, Niger state = 90km
9. Bida-Minna road, Niger state = 791.1km

NORTH-EAST
10. Rehabilitation of Cham-Numan section of Gombe-Yola road in Adamawa state = 46.35km
11. Construction of Bali-Serti road in Taraba state = 110km
12. Rehabilitation of Gombe-Biu road in Gombe/Borno state = 117km

NORTH-WEST
13. Rehabilitation of outstanding sections of Gada-Zaima-Zuru-Gamji road Phase II in Kebbi State = 62km.
14. Rehabilitation of Zaria-Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto-Birnin Kebbi = 221.5km

SOUTH-EAST
15. Dualization of Aba-Ikot Ekpene road in Abia/Akwa Ibom states = 73km
16. Rehabilitation of Umuahia (Ikwuano)-Ikot Ekpene road: Umuahia-Umudike in Abia state = 49km

SOUTH-SOUTH
17. Rehabilitation of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene road in Cross River state Section I: Odukpani-Itu Bridge Head in Cross River/Akwa Ibom states = 21.9km
18. Dualization of outstanding portion of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene: lot 2 = 32km
19. Dualization of Oku-Iboku Power Plant Section of the Odukpani-Itu-Ikot-Ekpene road in Cross River/Akwa Ibom state = 28km

SOUTH-WEST
20. Rehabilitation and expansion of Lagos-Badagry Expressway (Agbara Junction-Nigeria/Benin border) in Lagos State = 62km
21. Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin road (Route A2) Section II in Oyo State (Oyo-Ogbomosho) = 52km.

SOURCE: https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-fec-approves-nnpcs-request-to-fix-21-federal-roads-at-n621bn

Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by janedonez(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
What happens to the 9th Mile (Ama Brewery) axis, is that not a federal road.
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Aufbauh(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
The most painful side of this approval is that it was done through political lobby and not necessarily a priority project.

There's a particular federal road in my place that has been traumatizing my people for years and up till now has not gotten an attention from the FG, most probably we don't have someone to lobby for us in the FEC.
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Gentlerespect76: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2021
If you check the kilometres of this roads as per zones, you will know that Nigeria is a huge scam!!!!
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:
Good
Your monika reminds me of Aufbauh's principle hmm those days sha, I remember when I used to outshine all my classmates in anything calculation, it was fun sha.When I was a child, I wanted to study law but as I grew older I discovered that anything art isn't for me.I used to pass all my science subjects excellently (as in scoring 90 upwards) but struggle to pass anything art related so I had to let my law dream die and focus on sciences and I'm glad I did sha.

1 Like

Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Aufbauh(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
Your monika reminds me of Aufbauh's principle hmm those days sha, I remember when I used to outshine all my classmates in anything calculation, it was fun sha.When I was a child, I wanted to study law but as I grew older I discovered that anything art isn't for me.I used to pass all my science subjects excellently (as in scoring 90 upwards) but struggle to pass anything art related so I had to let my law dream die and focus on sciences and I'm glad I did sha.

Interesting, Aubau principle is actually a scientific theory. In Dutch (that's German language) it mean 'building-up'.
Incidentally I'm a trained Architect from Leibniz university Hannover.
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:

Interesting, Aubau principle is actually a scientific theory. In Dutch (that's German language) it mean 'building-up'.
Incidentally I'm a trained Architect from Leibniz university Hannover.
In sciences it talks about electrons filling the lower energy atomic orbitals before filling the higher ones.Good to have you here
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Born2Breed(f): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2021
NNPC will fix about 15 roads in the North where there is no crude oil and fix only 3 in the South and less than 80km against the north of over 1000km.

Well all these will end soon
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Moferere: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2021
Under Buhari/Osinbajo NNPC have been turned to Julius Berger undecided
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Trimjos: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
only one road in the South East... The other one is in AkwaIbom which is South South. Dont know why it was listed as South East
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Trimjos: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
NORTH = 2,037km
SOUTH = 318km
Tell me why God wont punish some people. The funny thing is that the money for these roads will still come from the south.
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by Zandena(f): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
May God bless PMB and GMD NNPC mele kyari.
Haters continue your food is ready! Don't forget to add sniper for quick results.
When Fashola was building roads and power stations all over the south for 5 years where were you slowpokes

1 Like

Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by UBER99Sam: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
Trimjos:
only one road in the South East... The other one is in AkwaIbom which is South South. Dont know why it was listed as South East

Noticed that as well. Perhaps most of the road lies within Abia State?
Re: FULL LIST: FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At N621bn by UBER99Sam: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Trimjos:

NORTH = 2,037km
SOUTH = 318km
Tell me why God wont punish some people. The funny thing is that the money for these roads will still come from the south.

Was discussing this with an Engineer friend and he told me it costs much less to build roads in the Northern part of Nigeria than in the South, due to the topography, soil types etc.

Any Civil Engineers in the house that can confirm or disprove this?

(1) (Reply)

"You Can't Negotiate With A Mad Man Buhari ~ Dr. David Matsanga / Simon Ekpa: DSS Moles In IPOB/DOS Are Using Radio Biafra To Expose ESN Members / Mathew Sule-unknown Gunmen Killed BUK First Class Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.