Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman (38951 Views)

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police / Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Tatashi: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
The day married people both male and female start to sue their cheating spouses and those who aid them, the better for our society.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
OloshoMan:
Can't believe this was a court case to begin with. Very petty people

You can see how useless it is but a scorned woman will go any length just to be relevant.
Some years back a musician once sang that, "It is peaceful to live with crabs in their small hole than to live with a scornful woman".

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
[s]many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
a sexually attractive young woman.
"he's been pumping up his pecs to impress the babes"
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me![/s]

Since you are a northerner, I don't expect too much sense from you. Aboki must show himself.

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by BigYash: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:
Aisha Buhari Good morning my sugar baby.
Them go make another law for this one you do so.. How will you call Darling mummy,sugar ant?

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
[s]Remember that story here

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police
https://www.nairaland.com/6823515/man-sent-good-morning-babe

Here is what the quoted law he was charged with says

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.[/s]

You and the Nigeria Police prosecutor share the same trait of low IQ

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by prophetfire: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
Remember that story here

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

249. Idle and disorderly persons  
The following persons‐  
(a)   every common prostitute‐  
    (i)   behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;  
    (ii)   loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of  
    prostitution;
(b)   every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or  
    causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do;  
(c)   every person playing at any game of chance for money or money's worth in any public  place; and  
(d)   every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace

shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month."

They have no case against the man. It's just plain dubious intimidation by the police when they have collected money.

3 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me!

I think you are the daft human here. If someone addressed you in lovely maner and took offence, the next is to call the cops? He never said Good morning monster or Good morning witch.

So, Mr. Responsible, how many cases of such have you seen in a country with stable electricity. We don't have to use the word, developed. In a country with stable electricity, Ghana is part of it. Have you seen such an irresponsible way to abuse other people's right?

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by osuofia2(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:

Since you are a northerner, I don't expect too much sense from you. Aboki must show himself.
YET ABOKI DE RULE YOU

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by AuroraB(f): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:
wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Una no go kee person wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Legend44(m): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
True but u can't just conclude... Who knows if the woman said she's single and when the husband found out about the chat she denied saying the guy message her first without her knowing him, moreover how did he get her number in the first place.
isioma010:
Even if the law of land says nothing about it, I think it's only irresponsible and nuisance man that can only say hello babe to someone else wife, it's totally wrong and shameless attitude
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
isioma010:
Even if the law of land says nothing about it, I think it's only irresponsible and nuisance man that can only say hello babe to someone else wife, it's totally wrong and shameless attitude
shut up jezebel version 2.0

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by stayclearofme: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
isioma010:
But does that call for arrest?
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by stayclearofme: 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
INFORMAL
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me!
You mumu no be small.

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by UnabashedIPOB: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
Remember that story here

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

249. Idle and disorderly persons  
The following persons‐  
(a)   every common prostitute‐  
    (i)   behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;  
    (ii)   loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of  
    prostitution;
(b)   every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or  
    causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do;  
(c)   every person playing at any game of chance for money or money's worth in any public  place; and  
(d)   every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace

shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month."

That's a clear misinterpretation of the section of the law as written. But what would you expect from a very illiterate police officer who can barely read or string words together to make a discernable sentence? I hope you do NOT expect him to be able to correctly interpret a law that he could not explain the meaning.

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by youngtee5(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Scam you can do better
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Lamasta(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Anonnymoously:
He can easily say he doesn't know the said lady is married nah
Ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by abbey621(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
We all know the case would be thrown out but by the time it does, the man would have chopped serious beating at the station/cell, extorted and possibly suffer months before an actual court date. This is the Nigerian justice system, if you don't have money, don't know people in high places, no dey do pass yourself.....It's very risky!
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Ushman333: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Why are all those Almajiris allowed to roam around begging and harassing people in Lagos angry

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by rhames(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:

Dan iska
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by zoedew: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
This looks to me as a law for public disturbance of peace. More of a violent display of behaviour in PUBLIC

Hence I don't see anything public in a whatsapp message or marriage
The GSM space is a public place.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by justmondris: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
What’s the relationship between these laws and hello babe?

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by RedishGren: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Write your way into a Million Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling contents for various mediums (e.g., ads, blog posts, newsletters)

• Working with creative team members and other professionals on projects

This opportunity is none like no other and is the perfect solution to financial freedom

Remuneration : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or Telegram message to 07054011454
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by JayEntaur(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Anonnymoously:
He can easily say he doesn't know the said lady is married nah

Ignorance isn't an excuse under the law. So, you can't plead that.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by JayEntaur(m): 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

Me that normally sends and use the word "sweet heart sugar and baby girl" for one of my married female friend and she even like it

Shebi am breaching the peace in thier marriage ...

We are in the 21 first century....not some ancient days

Quick question: Do you feel the husband on seeing all the endearment you freely call his wife will clap for you?

Also, will you refer to her this way in the presence of the husband or family members? If you reply no, then that means you know deep-down that this isn't right.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by JayEntaur(m): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
benuejosh:
How is sending someone good morning text a public disturbance?

Conduct LIKELY TO CAUSE public disturbance. If the husband and wife start to fight over the sms, dey make noise and scatter everywhere, na public disturbance be that nau.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by MDK777: 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Always After ShaDow@NigERiA Laws undecidedAlways After ShaDow@NigERiA Laws

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by BABANGBALI: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deziani baby remember the money you promised me before travelling out of Nigeria o, one billion don do me

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by 989900: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
These are the kind of comic relief that we normally hear from Nassarawa, Ogun wetin be dis now?

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by CaptainFM1: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
The case may be trashed out if any slight "mutual agreement/understanding" is found to exist between them.

Jealous husband sabi worry sha!

1. But what's stopping the lady not to have blocked and deleted the guy's no?

2. And why did she not report/flag the number to WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Kyf1: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Normal
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by IsaOO1: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
The said it's likely to cause breach of public peace.... And some of you are asking if WhatsApp is a public place..... Ma brother if you know nothing about law and how it works, better do research before you start arguing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Battery Thief Caught & Burnt Alive In Akwa Ibom ( Graphic Photos) / Glory Nkwocha: Stray Bullet Kills NSCDC Official During Imo Army, Hoodlums Clash / Serial POS Scammer Caught In Lagos, Says It's 1st Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.